ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

Kansas is definitely no stranger to paying big money for players

Don’t be jealous you guys used to hand out tens when we handed out hundreds.

I have so many fun stories - first hand - of watching Bean, Noland, Hatcher - take 2k for babysitting us for two hours and washing a car.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Don’t be jealous you guys used to hand out tens when we handed out hundreds.

I have so many fun stories - first hand - of watching Bean, Noland, Hatcher - take 2k for babysitting us for two hours and washing a car.
Yeah but we still beat you last time we met 🤷‍♂️

Wake Forest now has commitments from Gonzaga's Hunter Sallis and Efton Reid. Interesting.

Throw them in with Monsato, Hildreth, and Carr, all double-digit scorers from last season, and Wake making the tournament doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Sorry Hail, but in response to your Dickinson back to Michigan call.

golf-kid.gif

Vols 4 star pg BJ Edwards has entered the portal. Have to think he's on few peoples radar

And would slap all of you around like the little bitches you are.
They’re not getting an invite though. Don’t meet our football standards and most certainly don’t meet our academic standards. You can stay in the big 12 with the directional schools, city colleges, the Texas schools no one cares about and the pac 12 schools we don’t want.

They’re not getting an invite though. Don’t meet our football standards and most certainly don’t meet our academic standards. You can stay in the big 12 with the directional schools, city colleges, the Texas schools no one cares about and the pac 12 schools we don’t want.

When you have to pivot to flexing about academics and football in a basketball discussion, you've already lost. 🤣

Not the least bit worried about KU's future in basketball. Football is likely to improve substantially too, and at that point you'll be begging them to join your boring ass league.

Wake Forest now has commitments from Gonzaga's Hunter Sallis and Efton Reid. Interesting.

Throw them in with Monsato, Hildreth, and Carr, all double-digit scorers from last season, and Wake making the tournament doesn't seem that far-fetched.
Been gone for a minute---Wait---Why did Sallis transfer?

When you have to pivot to flexing about academics and football in a basketball discussion, you've already lost. 🤣

Not the least bit worried about KU's future in basketball. Football is likely to improve substantially too, and at that point you'll be begging them to join your boring ass league.
Well as long as yore happy being in a second tier conference while the biggest brand names in college athletics all rush to join the new SEC or Big Ten super conferences. After UT and OU leave the Big 12 from a revenue standpoint, being a member of the big 12 will be about as valuable as a degree from KU. So good luck.
Big Ten isn’t interested for reasons I already stated: yore irrelevant outside of basketball and academically Kansas makes Nebraska look like fvcking Harvard

Kansas would jump to the big ten in a heart beat if they had the opportunity to do so
As if they weren't already benefiting from a weak conference. If they were in the B1G, they'd win their conference every year instead of pretty much every year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
As if they weren't already benefiting from a weak conference. If they were in the B1G, they'd win their conference every year instead of pretty much every year.
Yeah but then the B1G wouldn’t have a conference champ losing to a 16 seed. Perhaps Kansas to the B1G isn’t a bad idea after all…

Last edited:
lol imagine the conference that has Iowa in it flexing it's academic standards.

And who gives a crap about handegg? Such a stupid sport.

lol imagine the conference that has Iowa in it flexing it's academic standards.

And who gives a crap about handegg? Such a stupid sport.
It’s true that Iowa is no academic powerhouse like DePaul but they’re still better than most schools in the big 12. Nebraska is the absolute cutoff point. We only let them in because they’re a blue blood football program.
The big conferences care about football. The SEC even more so than the Big Ten, they don’t actually have any academic standards but they prolly wouldn’t accept Kansas based on the nickname. Tend to live the confederacy down there

Last edited:
Well as long as yore happy being in a second tier conference while the biggest brand names in college athletics all rush to join the new SEC or Big Ten super conferences. After UT and OU leave the Big 12 from a revenue standpoint, being a member of the big 12 will be about as valuable as a degree from KU. So good luck.
Big Ten isn’t interested for reasons I already stated: yore irrelevant outside of basketball and academically Kansas makes Nebraska look like fvcking Harvard
This so reminds me of Mizzou Twitter clapback of SEC money-talk.

These dudes win NOTHING.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Every year..

So, on here we're supposed to care about B1G smarts and on Twitter we're supposed to care about SEC doll hairs. Lol, okay.

They'll talk up non CFP bowl wins and 8 win football seasons, their cut of money, lol academic status, anything but NCAA Titles and heaven forbid, basketball on a basketball message board in a basketball transfer thread. ⚰️

It’s true that Iowa is no academic powerhouse like DePaul but they’re still better than most schools in the big 12. Nebraska is the absolute cutoff point. We only let them in because they’re a blue blood football program.
The big conferences care about football. The SEC even more so than the Big Ten, they don’t actually have any academic standards but they prolly wouldn’t accept Kansas based on the nickname. Tend to live the confederacy down there

KU’s comparable to several B1G schools academically. Applying an overall ranking to a school is a very subjective thing anyway. All KU needs is semi-respectable football for a couple years and Bill will be mushroom-stamping Juwan Howard a few times/year.

This so reminds me of Mizzou Twitter clapback of SEC money-talk.

These dudes win NOTHING.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Every year..

So, on here we're supposed to care about B1G smarts and on Twitter we're supposed to care about SEC doll hairs. Lol, okay.

They'll talk up non CFP bowl wins and 8 win football seasons, their cut of money, lol academic status, anything but NCAA Titles and heaven forbid, basketball on a basketball message board in a basketball transfer thread. ⚰️
Kansas cannot into SEC or B1G

• Haha
Reactions: forsh_21
KU’s comparable to several B1G schools academically. Applying an overall ranking to a school is a very subjective thing anyway. All KU needs is semi-respectable football for a couple years and Bill will be mushroom-stamping Juwan Howard a few times/year.
Which Big10 schools and what did you use for data?

Which Big10 schools and what did you use for data?

KU's ranked #121 nationally per US News and World Report. Nebraska 150.
Iowa, Mich St, Penn St, and Indiana are all in the 70-100 range. And some of the methodology used (in any ranking, for that matter) is questionable.

KU has 37 grad programs that rank in the top 50 among public schools, and several in the top 10. Claiming that academics will prevent KU from joining the B1G is ridiculous.

Last edited:
KU is ranked #121 nationally per US News and World Report’s methodology. Nebraska is 150.
Iowa, Mich St, Penn St, and Indiana are all in the 70-100 range. And some of the methodology used (in any ranking, for that matter) is questionable.

KU has 37 grad programs that rank in the top 50 among public schools, and several in the top 10. Suggesting that academics will prevent KU from joining the B1G is ridiculous.
Not meant towards you, but...

WHo gives a **** about academics? So da fuk what. Such a fukin beta argument. I wouldn't give two shits if IU was ranked lower than a day care, as long as they win.

Academics....GTFO here.

Not meant towards you, but...

WHo gives a **** about academics? So da fuk what. Such a fukin beta argument. I wouldn't give two shits if IU was ranked lower than a day care, as long as they win.

Academics....GTFO here.

Meeeshigan fans, apparently.

You beat me to it lol

Big pickup for us. Miami needed him badly to help replace the production of Wong & Miller. Still in need of another guard & a big for depth. They've "lost" four players to the portal in addition to Wong & Miller leaving.

If Pack & Omier both remove their names from the draft like most expect them to, Miami should be pretty formidable again.

You beat me to it lol

Big pickup for us. Miami needed him badly to help replace the production of Wong & Miller. Still in need of another guard & a big for depth. They've "lost" four players to the portal in addition to Wong & Miller leaving.

If Pack & Omier both remove their names from the draft like most expect them to, Miami should be pretty formidable again.

Congrats on Cleveland. Definitely a surprise to me.

I’m still not sure how much he’s actually going to help y’all. Guess it all depends on what role he’s asked to play.

Congrats on Cleveland. Definitely a surprise to me.

I’m still not sure how much he’s actually going to help y’all. Guess it all depends on what role he’s asked to play.

Yeah, I was happily surprised. I think it actually may have been you when I first heard of his former coach being at Missouri so I kind of assumed that would be the destination. Then, within the last couple days I read that Auburn was actually the favorite for whatever reasons.

I'm excited about the addition. Like I stated before, with the caveat that Pack & Omier return, I think it'll be a pretty balanced team like they had last season & the season before when they made deep runs in the NCAAT. I could see Pack, Poplar, Cleveland, and Omier all averaging double digit points. I think Cleveland fits well in Larranaga's system because he likes having several players that can handle the ball and shoot on the floor, which creates a lot of spacing and room to operate. I think Cleveland will be pretty effective playing with those guys.

I really feel like Wooga Poplar is going to have a monster breakout year. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he averages north of 15 ppg. I see Cleveland more as a #3 or #4 option.

ADVERTISEMENT