ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

Houston and Iowa State are returning most everyone. Kansas and Baylor are both bringing in elite transfers, to go along with some returning vets.

Don't think it's far-fetched to see 3 of those four schools in the preseason top 5; all should be in the top 10 somewhere. And then Arizona will be in the league, too. Top-third of the league should be very, very strong.

Big 12 fell apart this March. Truth be told, I'd say it started in the conference tournament. Something was missing from a lot of teams in KC. The only memorable game I can even recall was the the Texas-Kansas State game. The conference needs to redeem itself this year.

I said in the middle of last season that I didn’t see anyone from B12 as a title contender (not even Houston) and wouldn’t be surprised if no one made the E8. Now Houston probably makes the E8 and maybe F4 if Shead doesn’t get hurt. But either way I didn’t like anyone from the B12. While the B12 was deep I didn’t see complete teams that looked like ones that could win a title. We’ll see if things are different for B12 this coming season.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Depends what back means. I suspect they’ll win more than 12 games in the next 2 years. 😜

We’ll be better than Kentucky! I’m not saying we’ll be great, but Kentucky isn’t going to be anywhere close to being even as good as Calipari’s worst teams other than the 9-16 year. I would be concerned about your team more than taking JC type shots at Louisville.

We’ll be better than Kentucky! I’m not saying we’ll be great, but Kentucky isn’t going to be anywhere close to being even as good as Calipari’s worst teams other than the 9-16 year. I would be concerned about your team more than taking JC type shots at Louisville.
you-seem-upset-tracy-jordan.gif

Ruuude. I was giving Louisville a compliment.

Purdue and UCONN each had just 1 transfer in last year.

There’s no doubt continuity is underrated in these discussions for top teams and a lot of the transfers that were on the F4 teams this year were in their 2nd year in the programs.

For KU the good thing is we will be returning 6 players which is much better than the 3 we returned going into this past season.

Reactions: boilerzz
IF a major IF the Vols can add Tyson and Lanier the top 5 in some order will be Kansas,Iowa St, Duke, Tennessee, and UNC. If we only land 1 of the 2 of Tyson and Lanier I'd have us in the backend of the top 10

Even with those potential pickups, I still wouldn't have that UT lineup ahead of Houston. UH is returning 8 of their top 10 scorers, Arceneaux and Tuglar will be back from injury, they have a duo of 4-star recruits coming in, and they're Milos Uzan is transferring in from OU.

I said in the middle of last season that I didn’t see anyone from B12 as a title contender (not even Houston) and wouldn’t be surprised if no one made the E8. Now Houston probably makes the E8 and maybe F4 if Shead doesn’t get hurt. But either way I didn’t like anyone from the B12. While the B12 was deep I didn’t see complete teams that looked like ones that could win a title. We’ll see if things are different for B12 this coming season.

Most everyone had their fair share of warts. Iowa State often struggled to score for long spurts; Baylor struggled to defend. Kansas had major depth concerns. I really liked the Houston team, though. Injuries took a toll on them.

Arceneaux was lost early in the season. Tuglar had a season-ending injury in late February, IIRC. And then J'Wan Roberts was playing through knee pain the last few weeks of the year. Obviously the biggest loss of all was Shead in the tournament. If completely healthy, I think they were a legit title contender. Not ahead of UConn, but I might have favored them over Purdue.

Don't feel like Duke necessarily needs Brea. We have plenty of wings. But he is the best freaking shooter in the country, so how can you not pursue that? Might lose an incoming freshman if we land him, but oh well.

Also, the thought of UConn having Koby Brea AND Liam McNeeley is kind of terrifying. They'd be the ultimate splash brothers of college basketball.

So far Louisville has brought in the following:

Chucky Hepburn, Wisconsin
Reyne Smith, Charleston
Koren Johnson, Washington
Aboubacar Traore, Long Beach State
Terrence Edwards, James Madison
J'Vonne Hadley, Colorado
James Scott, Charleston
Aly Khalifa, BYU

That's a monster transfer class. Traore-Edwards-Hadley on the wing is phenomenal. Honestly, this might already be a preseason top 25 team. None of the 8 guys committed are duds.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Don't feel like Duke necessarily needs Brea. We have plenty of wings. But he is the best freaking shooter in the country, so how can you not pursue that? Might lose an incoming freshman if we land him, but oh well.

Also, the thought of UConn having Koby Brea AND Liam McNeeley is kind of terrifying. They'd be the ultimate splash brothers of college basketball.

Plus if they get Karaban back. That’s a tough 3/4 rotation. With Samson Johnson that’s a tremendous frontline. They badly need some guards though. Right now the only one who did something for them this past season was Diarra and not sure if he’s returning for his Covid year or not.

ADVERTISEMENT