ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

Quadir Copeland from Syracuse is in the portal. Will be interesting to see where he lands. Has potential to be a really good piece, but I think he sees himself as the whole puzzle.

Reactions: TKBray and GE Nole
Anyone know anything about this guy?

Alabama basketball lands transfer portal commitment from Pepperdine guard

Houston Mallette, a three-year starter at Pepperdine, averaged 14.7 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game while shooting 41.5 percent from 3-point range during the 2023-24 season. Mallette is currently the No. 6 overall player in 247Sports’ composite transfer portal rankings. He has one year of eligibility remaining.

Houston Mallette, a three-year starter at Pepperdine, averaged 14.7 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game while shooting 41.5 percent from 3-point range during the 2023-24 season. Mallette is currently the No. 6 overall player in 247Sports’ composite transfer portal rankings. He has one year of eligibility remaining.
What do you think about Oats being considered for UL job?

What do you think about Oats being considered for UL job?
"UL"??? Louisville??? Do they still have a basketball program??? I thought the NCAA shut it down??? Lol

I thought Oats would leave as soon as any big basketball school offered but he seems to keep signing bigger contracts with bigger buyouts to stay in Tuscaloosa.

He should get anything he asks for if they really want to keep him there.

The "new arena" should have been built a few coaches ago. Now the price tag is outside of the basketball and gymnastics money to build one. People talk about Coleman being terrible and looking like an airplane hanger but there's nothing special about the proposed exterior of the other that's impressive imo. I hate Coleman's interior. There was a past proposal to substantial renovate the interior with a total seating redesign layout that looked better imo.

Anyways.... anything and everything should be done to help keep him at Alabama. Fold the program if not.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Didn't Oats just sign a new contract with an absurd buyout?
$5 million in the first year of a six-year deal. That will grow to $7.55 million in the final year. His buyout will be $18 million for the first two years of the deal.

I know he committed to Alabama a couple of hours after he entered the portal. But I’m sure no tampering was involved.

GJiC7CpboAAkdjt

Given the year he just had for them that is truly surprising. I guess he figured the NIL opportunities are better for him elsewhere now.

Thought he'd be happy at Wake. It was his team. Guess he wants a bigger pond/more NIL.

Cliff Omoruyi entered the portal a few days ago. That's another name that will have just about ever team in CBB interested.
Evidently I was wrong. Not sure what I saw last night.

WOWWW! Oats called Estrada within 30-40 seconds after entering portal? That's wild.

Houston Mallette is very talented. Elite shooter and has great size. Could be a future pro. Huge pickup for Alabama.
Alabama has people monitoring the portal. My guess is that they have lists made for potential players that might enter the portal who they would be interested in.

Reactions: dukedevilz
930 guys in the portal already. Last year had a little over 1700 names. Still two more weekends of basketball before the season is even over.

The NCAA suspended the transfer rule midway through the season where two-time transfers could only be eligible if they've been granted a waiver. Not sure that will be enforced going forward. Because the fear of sitting out a season is so low, you can expect the transfer numbers to rise. You essentially have to recruit all your players back every year.

Reactions: RockThrillCock
930 guys in the portal already. Last year had a little over 1700 names. Still two more weekends of basketball before the season is even over.

The NCAA suspended the transfer rule midway through the season where two-time transfers could only be eligible if they've been granted a waiver. Not sure that will be enforced going forward. Because the fear of sitting out a season is so low, you can expect the transfer numbers to rise. You essentially have to recruit all your players back every year.
Some of the guys transferring are just wild to me. Meechie Johnson found a team he could thrive in after floundering at Ohio State. They had a successful season by their standards and he got props for doing his part. His response....I'm out of here! Dafuq?

Some of the guys transferring are just wild to me. Meechie Johnson found a team he could thrive in after floundering at Ohio State. They had a successful season by their standards and he got props for doing his part. His response....I'm out of here! Dafuq?

Its free agency without contracts.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Yep. It's become a free-for-all, unfortunately. Meechie Johnson and Hunter Sallis are both very puzzling. They were center pieces on good teams.

Fun times to be a coach!

Fun times to be a coach!

It's got to be exhausting. In the past, coaches were trying to sign 3-4 players to fill the void of departing seniors. Looks nothing like that now. You're essentially signing 13 guys, some of them will be returning, but there's really no guarantee on anyone.

Reactions: GE Nole
He's play 4 years back to back. 118 games. How does he still have eligibility left?

Did he redshirt at UGA with 16 games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT