ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

WojoRising

Jul 3, 2015
Apologies if I missed one that already exists. Primo Spears (16ppg) is leaving Georgetown.

Starling to Cuse! Potentially two first round picks in our starting backcourt as it stands now.

Assuming Edwards leaves, a capable center transferring in would really round the team out.

Some big names, early..
My favorite being Graham Ike, but Walter Clayton and Kerr Kriisa would be awesome adds to just about every D1 roster..

Kansas loses
Joe Yesufu
Bobby Pettiford
Cam Martin
And Zach Clemence

Hearing Spencer Jones, not yet in the portal, might be an option for Kansas should he choose to leave Stanford.

Last edited:
For UK it's up in the air. Wheeler is expected to transfer. Other possibilities include Livingston, Collins, and Onyenso (even though he says he's coming back). Wallace should be a lotto pick. Oscar and Toppin also probably the pro route. Fredrick probably just gonna hang it up. Hopefully Reeves returns.

Reactions: Scotty00
Are you freaking kidding me!?!? I told you Bennett is wasting his time redshirting him. If a guy has NBA potential, redshirting doesn't make sense.

Yeah he has to stop the redshirting now. But it sounds like he was homesick more than anything. His girlfriend is on the volleyball team at Creighton. I’m not saying the redshirt helped but I’m not sure we could have stopped this. Would be shocked if he ends up anywhere but Creighton.

Reactions: englandnu
Yeah he has to stop the redshirting now. But it sounds like he was homesick more than anything. His girlfriend is on the volleyball team at Creighton. I’m not saying the redshirt helped but I’m not sure we could have stopped this.

Gotcha. Yeah, just a big fan of Traudt. And I know the guys in front of him are capable - and there wasn't a whole lot of minutes to be had. But none of those bigs had his ceiling.

Creighton seems like a very logical destination. Huge loss.

Reactions: jhmossy
Yeah he has to stop the redshirting now. But it sounds like he was homesick more than anything. His girlfriend is on the volleyball team at Creighton. I’m not saying the redshirt helped but I’m not sure we could have stopped this. Would be shocked if he ends up anywhere but Creighton.
He could've skipped all the nonsense Twitter goodbye stuff and just said "I miss that pu$$y"

He redshirted somebody who's considered NBA material? 🤣

Not the first time either. Did it a few years ago with De'Andre Hunter and Jay Huff. Redshirting Huff wasn't a head-scratcher, though, because he was a bit of a project. But, Hunter didn't need to redshirt.

And I'm not saying Traudt is a sure-fire NBA player, but he definitely has NBA potential.

Not the first time either. Did it a few years ago with De'Andre Hunter and Jay Huff. Redshirting Huff wasn't a head-scratcher, though, because he was a bit of a project. But, Hunter didn't need to redshirt.

And I'm not saying Traudt is a sure-fire NBA player, but he definitely has NBA potential.

Hunter and Devon Hall have both intimated that they would left after their redshirt year had the portal been an option then. As much as I love Bennett, he's made some head-scratching roster management decisions. Worried that Shedrick might leave too based on how he was handled this season. despite the fact that he would dominate minutes at the center position next season.

Hunter and Devon Hall have both intimated that they would left after their redshirt year had the portal been an option then. As much as I love Bennett, he's made some head-scratching roster management decisions. Worried that Shedrick might leave too based on how he was handled this season. despite the fact that he would dominate minutes at the center position next season.

I understand the logic behind a redshirt. If you have 12-13 scholarship players, you don't realistically have meaningful minutes for everybody. And someone like Caffaro might get the reserve minutes over Traudt simply over loyalty. 1-2 bigs leave and suddenly the player that redshirted might have 15-25 minutes as a freshmen. And you're hoping you'll get 4 years out of player where they don't have to ride the bench.

But, yeah, these kids with high ceilings want to play. It's hard to project how good they'll be. Obviously if they were redshirting Bennett didn't think they were good enough to start. So, he might be thinking he's a 5-year guy. I just didn't see it with Hunter... or with Traudt.

If it's any consolation, Jay Wright also redshirted Mikal Bridges. It happens to the best of them.

I understand the logic behind a redshirt. If you have 12-13 scholarship players, you don't realistically have meaningful minutes for everybody. And someone like Caffaro might get the reserve minutes over Traudt simply over loyalty. 1-2 bigs leave and suddenly the player that redshirted might have 15-25 minutes as a freshmen. And you're hoping you'll get 4 years out of player where they don't have to ride the bench.

But, yeah, these kids with high ceilings want to play. It's hard to project how good they'll be. Obviously if they were redshirting Bennett didn't think they were good enough to start. So, he might be thinking he's a 5-year guy. I just didn't see it with Hunter... or with Traudt.

If it's any consolation, Jay Wright also redshirted Mikal Bridges. It happens to the best of them.

Redshirting before portal and NIL makes more sense than redshirting now. It’s just not a viable strategy with top 50-100 recruits. Now we’re probably gonna have to bring in a transfer or two who may take minutes away from the 2023-2024 classes. I was most excited by Traudt in this class too. Just sucks.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Just texted my UNC buddy to congratulate him on losing Caleb Love. He's hated him as a PG since he arrived. Except when he couldn't miss 3s last March of course
Happy for some of the memories but I think he needs to be given less freedom. If he finds that he could have a good year.

Reactions: TKBray
Happy for some of the memories but I think he needs to be given less freedom. If he finds that he could have a good year.
I agree. He has talent but has never been smart with his decision making, shot selection and passing. Maybe a coach gets it out of him, or maybe he'd be better off the ball without the ball in his hands most of the time.

If that’s the story then you’re not missing out. The trash bin of players who didn‘t pan out is full of guys who ruined their careers before they even got started because they put a woman before their dreams. If he’s leaving to chase his girlfriend around the country then I’d put him at about a 85% chance of being a total bust out.

Reactions: jhmossy
Redshirting before portal and NIL makes more sense than redshirting now. It’s just not a viable strategy with top 50-100 recruits. Now we’re probably gonna have to bring in a transfer or two who may take minutes away from the 2023-2024 classes. I was most excited by Traudt in this class too. Just sucks.
Yep, nowadays you better keep your freshman very happy or else you can kiss em good bye that spring.

Guarantee we see some big name coaches retire early as a result. No one in their right mind should have to cater to some dumb 18 year old.

ADVERTISEMENT