ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

Trevon Brazile returning to Arkansas. And Louisville is now the leader for Coleman Hawkins. If Louisville lands Hawkins, they've got to be strongly considered as a preseason top 25 team.

Arkansas definitely has top 10-15 talent, I'll leave it at that.
Trevon Brazille is a damn good add for them.

So Brazile is the difference between "disaster" and top 10-15, eh? 😂 🤣
When did I say that?

Before you answer, keep in mind, talent has never been the issue with regards to Calipari coached teams. In fact, he has had ten times the talent of anyone not named duke and has continuously shit his pants with it and the last 4 years, has really been embarrassing for him.

Give this Arkansas squad to a decent coach, that will play the best players, it's a top 10-15 team, but Cal plays the guys that have the highest recruiting ratings and guys that will pout if they don’t play. He doesn't care what his actual best team is, he has other, more important crap to worry about.

So, now that you know the facts, go ahead with your next awful take.

Reactions: treyforuk
When did I say that?

Before you answer, keep in mind, talent has never been the issue with regards to Calipari coached teams. In fact, he has had ten times the talent of anyone not named duke and has continuously shit his pants with it and the last 4 years, has really been embarrassing for him.

Give this Arkansas squad to a decent coach, that will play the best players, it's a top 10-15 team, but Cal plays the guys that have the highest recruiting ratings and guys that will pout if they don’t play. He doesn't care what his actual best team is, he has other, more important crap to worry about.

Remember when you begged me to take a bet on Kentucky vs Arkansas? "Easy money?" So they're potentially a top 10 team, but it's automatic that Kentucky's finishing ahead of them, eh?

If it's awful takes you want...

Then again, put your money where your mouth is. Avatar bet. Go ahead and take Arkansas, I'll take UK.

It is his least talented team. Give me any UK team that had less talent. I'll wait.
I have a great avatar all picked out for you, this is easy money.

This could be a disaster for hog nation, I'm just glad that's not who UK is rolling with this year. Davis is the only legit scorer they have and Cal is the coach. Good luck with that.

Without Quaintance and Somto, this is by far Cal's worst class since his Memphis days.

He went 9-16 with a squad that had 3 NBA players on it.

He lost 11 games in 2018 with a team that had 7 NBA players on it, one of those players is Shae Gilgeous Alexander.

Those teams had far more talent than he will have at Arkansas this year.

Davis is great, but nobody else on that Arkansas roster has accomplished a damn thing and the HS kids he has coming in, are projects. I'm just glad that roster isn’t going to be wearing UK jerseys, it isn’t even half as stacked as the roster we just had that Cal lost 10 games with.

🤣

Remember when you begged me to take a bet on Kentucky vs Arkansas? "Easy money?" So they're potentially a top 10 team, but it's automatic that Kentucky's finishing ahead of them, eh?

If it's awful takes you want...

🤣
My stance is still the same, even though they have added Brazille and Wagner since I made those posts.

The talent on this Arkansas team is not close to what Cal has had the last 4 years. Cal has 1 NCAAT win and 1 SECT win with much more talented teams.

We have talked about this over and over. But also, I still like UK's roster. UK has what, 10 seniors? Williams is a 3 time DPOY in his league, Oweh is an elite defender, Butler is an elite defender and ran pg for SDSU's runner up squad, Kobe Brea is a 50% 3pt shooter, Kriisa is a 42% 3pt shooter, Almonor is a 39% 3pt shooter at the 4, Garrison is a McDonalds AA and Jaxson Robinson was 6th man of the year.

These are actual accomplished players. If you want to give out trophies for potential draft picks, lower rated freshmen and guys that had mediocre seasons last year, yeah, go ahead and take Arkansas, but since we're talking about winning college basketball games, I'll take UK's roster and it's not close.

Reactions: JC for 3
A couple more notable commitments in the last day or so:

Shakeel Moore to Kansas
Woogla Poplar to Villanova
Ugonna Onyenso to Kansas State
Berke Buyuktuncel to Nebraska

Thought Wooga would end up there

Very interested to see how he does at Villanova. He's back close to home so hopefully that bodes well for him.

Was Villanova expected to be good next season?

Thought Wooga would end up there

Very interested to see how he does at Villanova. He's back close to home so hopefully that bodes well for him.

Was Villanova expected to be good next season?

Most of the Nova players left. Eric Dixon did return, though. So, Dixon-Poplar could be a very formidable 1-2 punch. Not crazy about the talent around them, though. They look like a bubble team to me.

If I were Kyle Neptune, I'd strongly consider pursuing Kanon Catchings. He just asked for a release from his NLI and I think he could start at Nova from day one.

Most of the Nova players left. Eric Dixon did return, though. So, Dixon-Poplar could be a very formidable 1-2 punch. Not crazy about the talent around them, though. They look like a bubble team to me.

If I were Kyle Neptune, I'd strongly consider pursuing Kanon Catchings. He just asked for a release from his NLI and I think he could start at Nova from day one.
Neptune may be on the hot seat

Neptune may be on the hot seat

Absolutely. 0 for 2 on making the tournament. You can't miss the tournament 3 years in a row. Honestly, the team he had this year was plenty talented (Dixon-Bamba-Moore-Burton-Armstrong-Hart-Longino-Hausen). If Jay Wright had that team, they would have been at least a 6 seed in the tournament, IMO.

When did I say that?

Its gonna be a hoot when Cal takes Arkansas to the FF next year----and UK misses the NCAAT---or loses again in the 1st round.

Amazing ...

Florida State finally getting some good news.

It’s Christmas in June. Between that and the Super Regional beat down, probably the best day for Seminole fans since the ACC CG.

Honestly, I’m a bit shocked. I was told about a week ago that Jamir hadn’t shut the door on FSU, but he seemed very likely to go to St. John’s. He’s from NJ and obviously Pitino is Pitino. Not sure what happened but I’m happy. This radically alters what’s possible for our season. Allows guys like Bol Bowen and Jerry Deng to let things come to them and play their role.

We clearly still need 2-3 more players. But I’ll say this: it’s gonna be a ridiculously long/athletic roster. We will have like 4 guys who are 6’7 and bouncy on the court at most times.

Reactions: dukedevilz
It’s Christmas in June. Between that and the Super Regional beat down, probably the best day for Seminole fans since the ACC CG.

Honestly, I’m a bit shocked. I was told about a week ago that Jamir hadn’t shut the door on FSU, but he seemed very likely to go to St. John’s. He’s from NJ and obviously Pitino is Pitino. Not sure what happened but I’m happy. This radically alters what’s possible for our season. Allows guys like Bol Bowen and Jerry Deng to let things come to them and play their role.

We clearly still need 2-3 more players. But I’ll say this: it’s gonna be a ridiculously long/athletic roster. We will have like 4 guys who are 6’7 and bouncy on the court at most times.
Goodness, is there no run rule Super Regional play? It was something like 24-4. Dayum.

Goodness, is there no run rule Super Regional play? It was something like 24-4. Dayum.

You know I asked that same thing. Apparently not. UConn had to remove two catchers from the game due to the heat.

Very cool! I was expecting him to leave, as well. Always nice to have talent stick in the ACC... 4 guys on the court that are 6'7 and bouncy sounds like a classic Hamilton team.

Kanon Catchings is planning on visiting FSU soon, too. Would be another huge get.

Reactions: GE Nole
I mean it was hot, yes. But just standard Tallahassee in the summer. 95 and humid. Not like it was a heat wave or anything.
The humidity is the issue. I was born and raised in Jersey, when I first experienced high humidity and heat, I thought I was going to die, but in my defense, I was doing hard manual labor and it was Port Arthur, TX, right on the Gulf. I remember hearing the weatherman say "expect double 98's today, so stay inside". I didn't have that choice, ugh.

I also learned another valuable lesson. Don't work out in that heat all day long, then immediately return to your hotel room and crank the AC on high. I was sick as a dog for a week.

The humidity is the issue. I was born and raised in Jersey, when I first experienced high humidity and heat, I thought I was going to die, but in my defense, I was doing hard manual labor and it was Port Arthur, TX, right on the Gulf. I remember hearing the weatherman say "expect double 98's today, so stay inside". I didn't have that choice, ugh.

I also learned another valuable lesson. Don't work out in that heat all day long, then immediately return to your hotel room and crank the AC on high. I was sick as a dog for a week.

For sure. I’ve lived in the heat and humidity all my life. Grew up playing outside in heat index of 110+ for hours and hours. So I can imagine that the UConn guys were really struggling.

I’m just saying it was standard Tallahassee heat and humidity. It wasn’t a big thing for us. It’s hotter today. 98.

I wouldn't....Dude seems like hes got some juice back.
Issue is, he refuses to change and he feels like his job is to get kids to the NBA, winning is not the priority.
Also, he has Kenny Payne, Brad Calipari, Chin Coleman and Bruiser Flint for assistants. Tyler Ulis helps out too, but this is something else that has to be factored in. Those guys don't bring much to the table and they're all yes-men.
Not to mention, this might be the weakest recruiting class he has had in some time and you know how much he loves to play his freshmen to let them play through mistakes, because he knows he only has them for 1 year.
I would feel more confident if Welch and Antiqua went with him. Welch was the mastermind of the offense UK had last year, Cal is certainly going to go back to force feeding the post every possession and he hates using ball screens, ue loves iso and hi-low post ups. That shit doesn’t work anymore.
He won’t have Randle, Towns, or Cousins at the 5, he has big Z (face up shooter) and Aidoo, they are not back-to-the-basket guys, but Cal doesn't care, he plays 1 way, just ask Skal, WCS, Richards and Sarr.

I wouldn't....Dude seems like hes got some juice back.

What juice? He literally just had the best 3 guard rotation of his career last year, and couldn't fvcking beat Oakland. Not a single player on the Arkansas roster is better than Sheppard/Dilly/Reeves. It's loaded full of tweeners and multiple bigs that can't effectively space the floor. Lost the best offensive coach and traded him for his fvcking son for good measure.

I think it's a talented roster, but that has never been the issue with Cal.

Keylan Boone, a 3rd Team All- Conference selection in a very competitive MWC is now in the portal. Huge impact transfer. Borderline top 25 transfer, IMO.

Catchings HS recruit committed to BYU. Apparently he wanted to be a Vol but wanted a starter role because he thinks he will be a 1 and done. We had no room

It's kind of strange with our roster full watching the last few good players come off the board.
After May 29th we were full.

ADVERTISEMENT