ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, if Arkansas sucks, what does that say about UK

GT is getting screwed right now. Refs are doing everything they can to help Wake.

Well, exitflagger and Bignish are going to be pissed at this latest development. The team that beat Duke's ass, has since lost to ND and now GT on their own home court.
Wake was supposed to be unbeatable at home. How did this happen?
They played their Super Bowl for the season and didn’t bother to show up again. The Duke hangover for the non UNC teams is well documented.

Wake didn’t come out ready to play today. That was shocking.

Well, exitflagger and Bignish are going to be pissed at this latest development. The team that beat Duke's ass, has since lost to ND and now GT on their own home court.
Wake was supposed to be unbeatable at home. How did this happen?

I’m a KU fan, brah.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They played their Super Bowl for the season and didn’t bother to show up again. The Duke hangover for the non UNC teams is well documented.

Yeah, that’s it. But with their tournament life on the line, they shit their pants against the 2 worst tems in thr league. One of them at home.

Wait... kind of like how an underachieving Arkansas played really well and competitively against both Duke (who they beat) and UK (who they lost to twice, both competitive games), but have crapped down their legs in most other games??

Or does that logic only apply to ACC teams that beat Duke and then subsequently lose to ND, VT, and GT??

Wait... kind of like how an underachieving Arkansas played really well and competitively against both Duke (who they beat) and UK (who they lost to twice, both competitive games), but have crapped down their legs in most other games??

Or does that logic only apply to ACC teams that beat Duke and then subsequently lose to ND, VT, and GT??
He didn’t say that this kind of thing is exclusive to Duke. Of course it is similar with Kentucky and lesser conference teams.

Reactions: bignish
He didn’t say that this kind of thing is exclusive to Duke. Of course it is similar with Kentucky and lesser conference teams.
I never said he did...that is the entire point. He is more than willing to excuse Duke's loss to WF by saying it was Wake's Super Bowl, which is why Wake has lost 3 consecutive games to trash teams....

Yet if UK wins two close games against an underperforming Arky team that played very well in both games, it is because UK is not a contender and really isn't that good. Definitely can't be because Arky gets up for the big time games and actually plays with effort and energy, and to their potential, much like WF did...

You don't see the hypocrisy?

Apparently the whole super bowl thing only counts for duke games… and when duke fans (and KU fans that are white knighting for duke) want to troll others.

Apparently the whole super bowl thing only counts for duke games… and when duke fans (and KU fans that are white knighting for duke) want to troll others.

Making fun of South Carolina is known as "white knighting for Duke" now? 🤣

Making fun of South Carolina is known as "white knighting for Duke" now? 🤣
Uh, you should read all your other posts in this thread. I hate to he the one to tell you this, but I have to, because apparently you don't know, but your UK hate got the best of you here and you put your duke fanboi jersey and sucked them off like a little bitch.

I never said he did...that is the entire point. He is more than willing to excuse Duke's loss to WF by saying it was Wake's Super Bowl, which is why Wake has lost 3 consecutive games to trash teams....

Yet if UK wins two close games against an underperforming Arky team that played very well in both games, it is because UK is not a contender and really isn't that good. Definitely can't be because Arky gets up for the big time games and actually plays with effort and energy, and to their potential, much like WF did...

You don't see the hypocrisy?
Not from him. You're taking out your anger on all Duke fans instead of focusing on the idiot who started this embarrassing thread topic.

He is not being a hypocrite because he failed to mention Kentucky in that post. He is a Duke fan talking about Duke and Wake. I get that the OP is regarding Kentucky, but the sun topic that you are whining about doesn't involve Kentucky.

Not from him. You're taking out your anger on all Duke fans instead of focusing on the idiot who started this embarrassing thread topic.

He is not being a hypocrite because he failed to mention Kentucky in that post. He is a Duke fan talking about Duke and Wake. I get that the OP is regarding Kentucky, but the sun topic that you are whining about doesn't involve Kentucky.
What are you talking about dude??

First. I am not angry at anyone, this is a message board. Who gets angry over what anonymous posters post on a message board?

Second, what are you even talking about? I specifically replied to bignish, who has been crapping all over UKs close win against Arky. I think you are getting lost...or have not been reading this thread closely. Bignish has spent most of his posts dogging UKs close win against Arky...have you not seen that?

Uh, you should read all your other posts in this thread. I hate to he the one to tell you this, but I have to, because apparently you don't know, but your UK hate got the best of you here and you put your duke fanboi jersey and sucked them off like a little bitch.
Pee Wee is like a moth to a flame when it comes to threads that have anything to do with UK.

First. I am not angry at anyone, this is a message board. Who gets angry over what anonymous posters post on a message board?

Second, what are you even talking about? I specifically replied to bignish, who has been crapping all over UKs close win against Arky. I think you are getting lost...or have not been reading this thread closely. Bignish has spent most of his posts dogging UKs close win against Arky...have you not seen that?
Nish can be a big time homer, like many fans. But what I have read from him in this debate is logical discussions based on reasonable observations. I haven't seen anything that I would consider to be crapping all over Kentucky's close win. If you are this defensive over a reasonable cause for concern just because it was a Duke fan who noted it, I would say that you are arguing from a state of anger. Maybe there is some common thinking here.

I have many concerns about Duke and their ability to make a run in the tournament based on how they've played against inferior teams. If a Kentucky fan were to say they didn't think Duke is that good for that reason and it was a fact, why would I waste my time arguing with them if I wasn't just upset that they were talking about Duke?

That’s a joke. Pitt isn't even getting into the tournament and they're a quad 1 win???????

Do you understand how the Quad system works? Its a Quad 1 win if you beat #1-#30 in the NET at home, #1-#50 on a neutral site or #1-#75 on the road.

Pitt is ranked #44 so even if you wanted to say that the committee is making the definition of a Quad 1 win too generous by including teams all the way down to #75, Pitt easily clears even a much stricter definition.

Your favorite team besides UK, the SC Gamecocks, are ranked #47 in NET. They too would be counted as a Quad 1 win if you beat them in Columbia. Unfortunately UK lost by 17 in that road game. 😂

Virginia Tech is 16-13 and in 10th place in the acc. Another team not getting in the tournament.

VT is much better than their conference record indicates just like UK is 5th in the SEC but is clearly better than Alabama and USC.

VT is #54 in the NET, #50 on KenPom, #49 on T-Rank and #49 on EvanMiya.

Michigan State is going to have 13 losses going into the tournament… if they actually make it. They're only 2 good wins are Baylor and Illinois at home.

The Big 10 is an incredibly tough conference to play in and rated higher than the mighty SEC you love to brag about as a homer Jeff.

Your precious Alabama has 10 losses, Mississippi State has 10 losses and Texas A&M who's another SEC team you love to brag about that Kentucky lost to has 13 losses. 😂

Only really good teams end up having less than 10 losses before the start of the NCAAT unless they benefited from an unbalanced schedule.

Baylor is the only legit win there that is impressive in the least and duke played Baylor before Baylor hit the stride they are on now.
Shit, Baylor lost to Michigan state by 24 points 4 days earlier. Michigan state sucks.

Baylor's been good all year. They were ranked #13 on T-Rank earlier this year when you narrow the date range from November 1st to January 1st.

https://barttorvik.com/?year=2024&s...vquad=0&quad=5&venue=All&type=All&mingames=0#

Baylor is actually #16 when you narrow the date range to just the last 2 months from January 1st to March 6th.

They're a team whose resume is slightly better than their metrics since they played in the Big 12.

You said duke was 11-6 in quad 1, why didn't you list the others?

No I said Duke was 11-6 in Quad 1 + Quad 2 games.

Kentucky is only 7-7 in Quad 1 + Quad 2 games.

UK's quad 1 wins, without looking are miles better than that shit.
@Auburn
NC
Alabama
@Florida
@Mississippi State

I agree your top 5 wins are better than Duke's top 5 wins but the difference isn't as big as you think it is. Auburn just beats up on bad teams but have a grand total of 1 Quad 1 win which is crazy. Auburn is only 1-7 in Quad 1 games.

Beating Alabama at home is nothing special seeing how every half decent team manages to do it. Bama has 10 losses dude.

And you're in here talking shit because UK only beat Arkansas by 9. At least they beat em.

Duke would be favored by like 20+ vs Arkansas at home in Cameron if they matched up now. The Hogs ML might be like +1500.

Again, matchups matter. UK beat Arkansas by 9, but beat Alabama by 23.
UK lost at LSU on a tip in, but beat Auburn on their home court by 11 and never trailed.
UK lost to UNCW, but beat the Tar Heels and led by double digits for most of the game.
Welcome to real life college basketball.
Again, need I remind you, duke lost to Arkansas and Arkansas didn’t even have their best player. You have no ground to stand on here.
Matchups matter but not to the extent you think they do where you think a terrible team like Arkansas or Georgia could beat Duke due to their physicality.

Elite teams like Duke, UConn and Tennessee can win games in a variety of ways whether they be shootouts or half court slugfests since they're balanced on both sides of the ball.

Nish can be a big time homer, like many fans. But what I have read from him in this debate is logical discussions based on reasonable observations. I haven't seen anything that I would consider to be crapping all over Kentucky's close win. If you are this defensive over a reasonable cause for concern just because it was a Duke fan who noted it, I would say that you are arguing from a state of anger. Maybe there is some common thinking here.

I have many concerns about Duke and their ability to make a run in the tournament based on how they've played against inferior teams. If a Kentucky fan were to say they didn't think Duke is that good for that reason and it was a fact, why would I waste my time arguing with them if I wasn't just upset that they were talking about Duke?
You are 100% wrong. He has spent the majority of his posts dogging UK for their close win against Ark...you are completely wrong. Not one person would agree with you...go back and read his posts. Heck, not even Bignish would agree with you. He knows exactly what he has said over and over in this thread about UKs win against Ark. I am not going to waste my time reposting all of them for you. You are flat out wrong.

Second, his posts have not been logical...in fact, I just succinctly pointed out how inconsistent and hypocritical his logic is, but I will do it one more time for you...

He craps all over UK beating Ark in a close game, and goes on to say how it shows UK is not on par with other teams who had blowouts against other teams with poor records, and how UK is not a contender because of that.

Yet, in this very thread, he excuses Duke's loss to a Wake team as Wake playing well because it is their Super Bowl (since WF has lost 3 straight to awful teams)....yet he won't apply that same logic to an Arky team that played very well, with great energy and effort against UK. Definition of hypocrisy.

Arkansas isn't any of those things either and is one of the worst rebounding teams in the NCAA.

NCST is #76 in KenPom and Arky is #116.
NCST is #79 on T-Rank and Arky is #119.

Duke beats the Wolfpack by 15 on the road while Kentucky struggles and only beats Arky by 9.

This was a supposed lookahead spot for Duke to on NC State's Senior Night before the big matchup vs UNC.

Duke took care of business.
Bozo, Kentucky beat Arkansas on the road and at home.

Reactions: JC for 3
You are 100% wrong. He has spent the majority of his posts dogging UK for their close win against Ark...you are completely wrong. Not one person would agree with you...go back and read his posts. Heck, not even Bignish would agree with you. He knows exactly what he has said over and over in this thread about UKs win against Ark. I am not going to waste my time reposting all of them for you. You are flat out wrong.

Second, his posts have not been logical...in fact, I just succinctly pointed out how inconsistent and hypocritical his logic is, but I will do it one more time for you...

He craps all over UK beating Ark in a close game, and goes on to say how it shows UK is not on par with other teams who had blowouts against other teams with poor records, and how UK is not a contender because of that.

Yet, in this very thread, he excuses Duke's loss to a Wake team as Wake playing well because it is their Super Bowl (since WF has lost 3 straight to awful teams)....yet he won't apply that same logic to an Arky team that played very well, with great energy and effort against UK. Definition of hypocrisy.
So angry.

Reactions: bignish
So angry.
Great response dude....sorry you can't handle a debate on a message board w/anonymous ppl, who you know nothing about, w/out resorting to saying they are angry because they disagree with you and have proven you wrong.

Get over yourself dude...you may enjoy life more!!

Great response dude....sorry you can't handle a debate on a message board w/anonymous ppl, who you know nothing about, w/out resorting to saying they are angry because they disagree with you and have proven you wrong.

Get over yourself dude...you may enjoy life more!!
You haven't proven me wrong. You simply said that I was wrong.

Let's try this. Are you not concerned at all about Kentucky's chances of making a run in the tournament?

And ghostof301 was there to lick up the spillage. Obviously they are lovers.

And ghostof301 was there to lick up the spillage. Obviously they are lovers
Unlike the cock gobblers who are only around whenever their team gives them false hope, the UK guys that have been here know that I am not a Kentucky hater. Your game is weak. Just like your football program.
Weak? The minute I insinuated we have a beer together at your bar you disappeared. I wouldn't go there you little bitch. Now, go finish making a sandwich for your husband Bignish.

And ghostof301 was there to lick up the spillage. Obviously they are lovers

Weak? The minute I insinuated we have a beer together at your bar you disappeared. I wouldn't go there you little bitch. Now, go finish making a sandwich for your husband Bignish.
Yes. Very weak. And what the hell are you talking about with the beer at my bar?

• Haha
Reactions: jackrabbit slim

200w.gif

I am using your logic....my goodness, how dense does one have to be to not understand this. You are the one who is all about non conference games mattering, so guess what, I AM USING YOUR LOGIC, FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, AND HOLDING A NON CONFERENCE DEC GAME AGAINST DUKE....geez, you are not bright. I am sorry dude, but you just are not.

🤣

Post# 3200 and 3203 in your own Full Potato thread. You really are a frothy gash.
Ah. Last post on that page. Looked right over it. Yes, UNCW. And our bar is just a hole for regulars north of town. Nothing special. Have 3 pool tables, a golf simulator and some corn hole boards. I'd tell you the name of it, but I am not the only owner and don't want some looney lefty from the internet trashing it because they don't like my content.

ADVERTISEMENT