ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, if Arkansas sucks, what does that say about UK

My point is, you look like an ass. It would at least be funny if Duke housed Arkansas back in December, but part of me thinks you forgot about that game when you created this thread, sure seems like it.
Then eat me.

Why so mad all the time.

But living in the cess pool of the US would upset me as well.

You guys are trying to point and laugh when UK is playing extremely talented, athleting teams and duke is playing Syracuse, GT, FSU, Pitt, UVA, Wake, Miami and NCST. Y'all played one great team (unc) and lost. You also lost to GT and Arkansas. So until duke beats someone with a pulse, I'd say you look foolish trying to shit on a team that has far better wins than duke.

@Auburn
@Mississippi St
@Florida
North Carolina

Heck, I'm not sure duke has 1 win better than any of those.
Duke's beaten Baylor in MSG. That's more impressive than the wins you listed except vs UNC and @Auburn.

Duke's also beaten MSU on a neutral floor, Clemson, Wake, UVA, Pitt on the road and VT on the road.

First of all, duke would lose to Arkansas if they played right now, I'd put serious money on that.

LOL. You wouldn't put serious money on that.

The game before, Ark lost at home to Vanderbilt.

Georgia scored 96 in Rupp. St Joe scored 88. Marshall scored 82. Gonzaga 89. UNCW 80. You don't have to be a worldbeater to put up points on Kentucky, and Arkansas obviously isn't close to a worldbeater.

Reactions: bignish

Georgia scored 96 in Rupp. St Joe scored 88. Marshall scored 82. Gonzaga 89. UNCW 80. You don't have to be a worldbeater to put up points on Kentucky, and Arkansas obviously isn't close to a worldbeater.
If the game is played at Bud Walton, and Arky plays with the same energy and intensity that they did at Rupp, and if Tramon Mark plays (didn't play the first time Duke played them)...I would have no problem seeing Ark beating Duke. They did it without Mark, they could easily do it again at home with him. Not hard to see at all.

• Haha
Reactions: bignish
I saw nothing from either team that was all that impressive at all. I saw zero post presence from duke and I saw nobody from State that could take anyone off the bounce, or go off from the outside. Duke was struggling to defend a pork chop that could barely get up and down the floor.
Duke's shots didn't fall in the 1st half but the ball movement throughout the game was good, they didn't turn the ball over, rebounded extremely well and then scored on like 2/3rds of their possessions in the 2nd half.

I'm now starting to think you're just a troll. NCST's perimeter defense is suspect so it was a game for our guards. There's other games where we have Flip and Young score in the post more.

That pork chop DJ Burns has great post moves for his size and he was on fire but Duke made him take tough shots and then he ran out of energy in the 2nd half.

DJ Horne, NCST's most dangerous lead guard, was locked down by Proctor most of the night and had only 8 points that game. He had scored in double digits the last 10 games and had 20+ in 8/10 games.

Sometimes teams go on a run, Wake forest did for a bit, Pitt went on a bit of a run and so did LSU. Arkansas played out of their mind the other day. Yeah, some of it was UK's defense, but a lot of credit has to go to Arkansas' effort and execution. Battle has been scoring over 30 a game and that's a guy duke didn’t see.
A lot of credit goes to Arkansas, a 14-15 team, for playing with maximum effort but a Final 4 contender withstands an early blow and then destroys a terrible team like that in the 2nd half. You let the Hogs go on a massive run and go up by 9 with less than 10 minutes to go.

Finally offensive talent prevailed and the Hogs came crashing down to earth but UK loses that game to any team that's actually in the tournament field.

Look at what UConn did to Seton Hall on Sunday. Look at what Duke did to UVA and NC State the last few days. Look at what Arizona did to the Oregon Ducks on Saturday. That's what elite teams do in March.

They don't let terrible teams like Arkansas hang around for most of the game.

You can't lose to Arkansas and lose to Pitt at home and be taken seriously when talking smack about a team that has far better wins.
We still talking about a loss in November? Or a game in January where Duke was missing 2 of its best players and before McCain emerged?

Pitt is #44 in NET and #43 on KenPom. They're not even a bad team. Putting them in the same sentence as Arkansas is such an insult to Pitt.

Pitt is as good as South Carolina. Since you're a massive SEC homer, I bet if Duke lost to South Carolina at home you would never criticize that loss.

If the game is played at Bud Walton, and Arky plays with the same energy and intensity that they did at Rupp, and if Tramon Mark plays (didn't play the first time Duke played them)...I would have no problem seeing Ark beating Duke. They did it without Mark, they could easily do it again at home with him. Not hard to see at all.

Sure, a lot of things "can" happen. Especially in a crazy road environment.

The point is that a) a lot of teams put up a lot of points on Kentucky. That doesn't necessarily indicate an amazing performance. And b) none of you would put serious money on Arkansas beating Duke right now.

The point is that a) a lot of teams put up a lot of points on Kentucky. That doesn't necessarily indicate an amazing performance. And b) none of you would put serious money on Arkansas beating Duke right now.
These Kentucky fans are truly delusional. Solid but not special guards on opposing teams like Khalif Battle and Josh Hubbard go off on them and they think its just because they're having a random career night out of pure luck.

They can't process simple basketball facts that by playing terrible perimeter D you're letting these players get into rhythm and get into such a flow that they turn into All-Americans for that game.

It doesn't matter if you have Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham on your team when your defense is so bad that the opposing backcourt turns into Sheppard and Dillingham too for the game and it comes down to which duo outscores another.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Look at what UConn did to Seton Hall on Sunday. Look at what Duke did to UVA and NC State the last few days. Look at what Arizona did to the Oregon Ducks on Saturday. That's what elite teams do in March.
This is a bad take...there have been tons of national champions, final four teams, or final four contenders (which is what you originally said before changing your post to elite), that have had close wins in Feb/March to non tournament teams, and have even lost as well.

What you posted literally means nothing.

Reactions: kyjeff1

I don't bet...but again, would have no problem seeing Arky beat Duke at Bud Walton. Actually wouldn't be surprising in the least...seeing as how they already did it with their best player out.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I am not going to get into another debate where you try to sell that the ACC is on par with the SEC. The ACC blows. There are only two teams currently rated in the ACC.

As I stated, Duke and UNC have not played one team in conference play (outside each other) that is currently rated. In all of conference play. Let that sink in. Not one!!

You can keep on thinking that Duke has improved tremendously, while using wins against trash teams as your barometer. In fact, the only team with a pulse that Duke has played in the past month, they lost to (WF, who has subsequently lost to ND and VA Tech, and might not even be in the tournament)...but keep on thumping your chest over Duke's big wins this past month against ND, and BC, and FSU, and Miami, and UL, and NCST, and UVA.. lol, what a joke.

In fact, Duke lost to the only team that is currently rated in your conference, which is UNC. And they beat Duke soundly (remember, UK beat UNC since you are so enamored with early season wins...oh that's right, early season wins only count if they fit your narrative)...
First. You shouldn't get so flustered over an internet troll.

B. Though the basis of your arguments have merit, can you please edit your post to where instead of referring to ranked teams as rated teams, you correctly refer to them as ranked teams.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
I don't bet...but again, would have no problem seeing Arky beat Duke at Bud Walton. Actually wouldn't be surprising in the least...seeing as how they already did it with their best player out.

So the SEC's November losses are meaningless, but Arkansas's November win vs Duke is meaningful. Thanks for proving that you pick and choose whatever fits the current argument.

This is a bad take...there have been tons of national champions, final four teams, or final four contenders (which is what you originally said before changing your post to elite), that have had close wins in Feb/March to non tournament teams, and have even lost as well.

What you posted literally means nothing.
Not really, UConn's last mediocre loss last year Seton Hall on January 18th.

2022 KU didn't have a single bad loss.
2021 Baylor only lost twice and had no bad losses.
2019 UVA had no bad losses.
2018 Nova lost to Providence (#63) on the road on Feb 14th.
2017 UNC lost to #77 GT on December 31st but no bad losses after that.

Past champions rarely lost and almost never lost to bad teams late in the season.

I am not going to get into another debate where you try to sell that the ACC is on par with the SEC. The ACC blows. There are only two teams currently rated in the ACC.

As I stated, Duke and UNC have not played one team in conference play (outside each other) that is currently rated. In all of conference play. Let that sink in. Not one!!
You mean ranked teams? Why would I care about the human polls say? All they measure is who's won recently and not really who the best teams are. There's a decent overlap but its not an exact science.

Clemson and Wake, who Duke did beat, are both top 25 in KenPom and top 30 on Torvik.

You can keep on thinking that Duke has improved tremendously, while using wins against trash teams as your barometer. In fact, the only team with a pulse that Duke has played in the past month, they lost to (WF, who has subsequently lost to ND and VA Tech, and might not even be in the tournament)...but keep on thumping your chest over Duke's big wins this past month against ND, and BC, and FSU, and Miami, and UL, and NCST, and UVA.. lol, what a joke.
Duke is blowing out these trash teams which matters. If it were so easy then UK would've blown out LSU and Arkansas by 20+.

Has anyone thought about UK scores at a high clip and other teams getting more possesions?
The efficiency metrics adjust for tempo in addition to strength of schedule. UVA in 2019 literally had the slowest adjusted temp (#353 out of 353 teams) but ranked 2nd in Adjusted Offensive Efficiency.

UK's defense adjusted for number of possessions is still terrible.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
So the SEC's November losses are meaningless, but Arkansas's November win vs Duke is meaningful. Thanks for proving that you pick and choose whatever fits the current argument.
Where have I said anywhere in this thread that Arky's win over Duke was meaningful or not meaningful?? You show me exactly where I did that...you, as usual, have no idea what you are talking about.

Not really, UConn's last mediocre loss last year Seton Hall on January 18th.

2022 KU didn't have a single bad loss.
2021 Baylor only lost twice and had no bad losses.
2019 UVA had no bad losses.
2018 Nova lost to Providence (#63) on the road on Feb 14th.
2017 UNC lost to #77 GT on December 31st but no bad losses after that.

Past champions rarely lost and almost never lost to bad teams late in the season.
Dude, again, reading comprehension has not been your friend. I clearly said national champs/final four teams/final four contenders....in no way, shape or form did I limit my comment to champions only.

Where have I said anywhere in this thread that Arky's win over Duke was meaningful or not meaningful?? You show me exactly where I did that...you, as usual, have no idea what you are talking about.

Sure. You did it twice in your last few posts.

I would have no problem seeing Ark beating Duke. They did it without Mark, they could easily do it again at home with him. Not hard to see at all.

If anyone else were to post the same sentences about a November Kentucky loss, you'd launch into a tirade about how November games are completely meaningless. Go figure, eh?

I'm sure this is where you respond with something stupid like "where did ah say da word meaningful?"

Sure. You did it twice in your last few posts.

I would have no problem seeing Ark beating Duke. They did it without Mark, they could easily do it again at home with him. Not hard to see at all.

If anyone else were to post the same sentences about a November Kentucky loss, you'd launch into a tirade about how November games are completely meaningless. Go figure, eh?

I'm sure this is where you respond with something stupid like "where did ah say da word meaningful?"
Sigh...go back and read post 37...that is all. Good day.

Retired at 60
No debt
Multi millionaire.

4 travel golf trips this year
HH
Bandon
Ireland
Myrtle

Above you.
You realize there's probablya dozen ppl here that you're not above.

This is the wrong tree. Good for you but learn some tact.

They're not insecure. You'd never know.

Never mind be message board-rich. Tell us all about how your takes aren't shit.

Duke's beaten Baylor in MSG. That's more impressive than the wins you listed except vs UNC and @Auburn.

Duke's also beaten MSU on a neutral floor, Clemson, Wake, UVA, Pitt on the road and VT on the road.
Very few teams beat Auburn on their court.
Baylor has 9 losses and that was a neutral court game.
UK's best 4 wins are easily better than duke's.
Who has duke beaten this calendar year?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Not sure what any of that has to do with how duke matches up against physical teams. Arkansas is very physical and duke has always struggled with that.

Go sell a used car.

Very few teams beat Auburn on their court.
Baylor has 9 losses and that was a neutral court game.
UK's best 4 wins are easily better than duke's.
Who has duke beaten this calendar year?
Why just this calendar year and not the entire season.

Must be a reason you made that statement.

I am above a car salesman and AWill.

Enough for me.

ADVERTISEMENT