ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk conference realignment and college hoops…

Couldn't even remember what I predicted a year ago shortly after USC/UCLA announced their decision to leave the Pac-12. I was mostly right. Though, Oregon and Washington did get the Big Ten invites they were seeking.

Here's what I'm thinking will happen...

Arizona and Arizona State will get the ball rolling and join the Big 12. Utah and Colorado will quickly follow suit.

Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford are all hoping to hear from the Big Ten. The BT is interested, but only if ND jumps on board, which won't happen. Oregon and Washington settle for the Big 12. Cal and Stanford join the ACC (although I wouldn't rule-out independent status for Stanford).

Oregon State and Washington State find themselves homeless. They come to grips with reality and agree to a deal with the Mountain West.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
F288j7aXUAAQam-

Time for a rebrand.

honestly, losing the Pac12 is the best thing that can happen to college ball. The Pac games were always way too late and for some stupid reason a lot of the best games weren't even nationally televised unless you had the Pac network which no one has. With teams now joining the Big10 and Big12 we'll start seeing those teams play alot more vs a lot better teams and ON TV at reasonable start times.

Will I miss UCLA vs Arizona? Hell yea. Will I miss UCLA vs Arizona at 10pm on a Thursday only on the PAC network? not even a little.

Arizona vs Kansas and UCLA vs Michigan State are great substitutes.

honestly, losing the Pac12 is the best thing that can happen to college ball. The Pac games were always way too late and for some stupid reason a lot of the best games weren't even nationally televised unless you had the Pac network which no one has. With teams now joining the Big10 and Big12 we'll start seeing those teams play alot more vs a lot better teams and ON TV at reasonable start times.

Will I miss UCLA vs Arizona? Hell yea. Will I miss UCLA vs Arizona at 10pm on a Thursday only on the PAC network? not even a little.

Arizona vs Kansas and UCLA vs Michigan State are great substitutes.

Can you help us figure out how to break the news to Bill Walton?

We need to figure something out! We've got him in a marijuana induced coma right now because we couldn't figure out how to break the news to him.
maybe transition him to a suspended animation state and just wait for the Conference of Champions to come back before waking him? I can't think anything else that would work.

Walton doesn't give a shit about the Pac-12. He'll probably just start calling the Big 10 the Conference of Champions.

F288j7aXUAAQam-

Time for a rebrand.
Just saw some breaking news: Looks like the ACC is inviting Cal, Stanford and SMU...

That will mess with the title "Tobacco Road".

That's going to be a hell of a Thursday road hoops game from Syracuse or Tallahassee to Berkeley!

Just think about a potential ACC Finals some year: Boston College versus Stanford. That'll chap some asses in Chapel Hill and Durham!

Just saw some breaking news: Looks like the ACC is inviting Cal, Stanford and SMU...

That's going to be a hell of a Thursday road hoops game from Syracuse or Tallahassee to Berkeley!

Just think about a potential ACC Finals some year: Boston College versus Stanford. That'll chap some asses in Chapel Hill and Durham!
this is getting so F-d up. At this point why even have conferences anymore? Just make everyone an independent and they can play whoever they want wherever they want.

Yeah, not a fan of it. I like the regional conferences. But, that's the fate of college sports, essentially a minor league system at this point.

Not sure how I feel about SMU. Obviously the Dallas and Texas area would have a substantial tv market that could be reached. But, do people even care about SMU football? Seems like a school like that could dilute the revenue shares.

NC State flipped their vote to a yes and that made it possible for Cal, Stanford and SMU to join. UNC, FSU and Clemson voted no and I think those 3 schools may leave in future. The ACC has been waiting on Notre Dame to be a full member but they pushed for Cal and Stanford for membership, will they become a full member? I doubt it.

UNC, ND, +1 to SEC in a few years.(in my dreams)
I don't see ND to the SEC. Plus their stadium is too little for the SEC. ND ain't in the Southeast.

They like to play pussy teams and build up a great resume just to get the shit beat out of them in a bowl game.

After Texas and Okla the SEC will be 16 teams. If we go to 20 I would like to see a team from Virginia (prefer Va Tech), North Carolina (prefer NC State), another Florida team (Florida State - puke) and a school like Texas Tech or Memphis et.al..

Please keep it the "Southeast" Conference. With the addition of both name schools in Florida and possibly three in Texas, two in Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina etc. the map would be full of SEC school and dominate in the following.

Reactions: I am stupid
ADVERTISEMENT