ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, if Arkansas sucks, what does that say about UK

LOL, UK swept Arkansas, what does it say about Duke?

Also haven't lost to Wake Forest. Only lost to the best team in North Carolina this year.

I’ll actually answer. It means they are who we thought they were. Fantastic offensive team with really high level talent.

But really, really suspect defensive team. At times that allows substantially inferior teams to hang in there even when Kentucky’s offense is rolling.

I know this isn’t supposed to be a thread with actual answers, but that’s the one I have.

I’ll actually answer. It means they are who we thought they were. Fantastic offensive team with really high level talent.

But really, really suspect defensive team. At times that allows substantially inferior teams to hang in there even when Kentucky’s offense is rolling.

I know this isn’t supposed to be a thread with actual answers, but that’s the one I have.
The thing is, UK struggles with iso, how many teams are going to iso UK to death AND be tough enough to stop their offense?

UK isn’t going to a FF unless they get a path full of bad matchups, which is definitely possible.

The thing is, UK struggles with iso, how many teams are going to iso UK to death AND be tough enough to stop their offense?

UK isn’t going to a FF unless they get a path full of bad matchups, which is definitely possible.
We’ll see. No matter how good the offense there are always games where the ball just doesn’t drop. That’s why teams that end up winning it are usually pretty strong on both sides of the ball. You usually have to win in multiple ways to win that many in a row against good competition.

Still, it’s hard to count out a team with that much talent. I guess we’ll see what the matchups end up being.

We’ll see. No matter how good the offense there are always games where the ball just doesn’t drop. That’s why teams that end up winning it are usually pretty strong on both sides of the ball. You usually have to win in multiple ways to win that many in a row against good competition.

Still, it’s hard to count out a team with that much talent. I guess we’ll see what the matchups end up being.
No doubt.

But if there is a year where a team like UK can get to a FF, this is it. Everyone is losing.
Only team I truly trust to stave off an upset, is Houston. I really hope UK avoids them.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
No doubt.

But if there is a year where a team like UK can get to a FF, this is it. Everyone is losing.
Only team I truly trust to stave off an upset, is Houston. I really hope UK avoids them.
It’s certainly seeming like “one of those” type of years where most in the field has to feel there is a decent chance of a good run.

Reactions: kyjeff1
It’s certainly seeming like “one of those” type of years where most in the field has to feel there is a decent chance of a good run.
This year is wide open. I'm glad UK at least has an elite offense. I'll have to just hope that gets the cats a few wins.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Hmmmmm.

Let’s hear those excuses.
Dude...have some self awareness if you are going to start a thread like this. Duke flipping lost to this Arkansas team, with Arkansas' best player not even playing...

UK beat Ark twice. Duke couldn't even beat them once...without their best player.

Have fun playing in your joke of a conference, in which the third place team can't even score flippin 40 pts a game. What a joke...

Reactions: kyjeff1
Hmmmmm.

Let’s hear those excuses.
Dang are you kidding me?

Yesterday’s game was a trap game for Kentucky because they had already beaten them at Arkansas, but UK didn’t panic even though they fell behind relatively late in the game.

Kentucky closed the game out well. Plus, yesterday was the first full game that Kentucky had its complete roster. (All the commentators give up excuse after excuse for these other teams that lose when they don't have a complete roster; however, UK won 20 games before having a complete roster.

Arkansas has a bad SEC record but there is talent on the team. Explain how they beat Purdue in a pre-season game, beat Duke in late November and were ranked higher than Kentucky pre-season. Of course Arkansas is not a UNC Wilmington or Wake Forest team! o_O

I will await your answer.

LOL, UK swept Arkansas, what does it say about Duke?
Its pretty concerning that you gave up 100+ points to a team that ranks outside the top 100 in offensive efficiency.

That's about as bad of a win as you can have tbh.

Duke lost to them back in November so not sure how that's relevant.

Its pretty concerning that you gave up 100+ points to a team that ranks outside the top 100 in offensive efficiency.

That's about as bad of a win as you can have tbh.

Duke lost to them back in November so not sure how that's relevant.
No such thing as a 'bad' win. Now go back to your D&D tourney, dork.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Arkansas has a bad SEC record but there is talent on the team. Explain how they beat Purdue in a pre-season game, beat Duke in late November and were ranked higher than Kentucky pre-season. Of course Arkansas is not a UNC Wilmington or Wake Forest team! o_O

I will await your answer.
You are what your record says you are Bert. Arkansas is a 14-15 basketball team and were up double digits vs UK at one point in the 2nd half I believe. That can't happen in March if we're supposed to take UK seriously as a FF contender.

Why did you bring up UNC Wilmington and Wake Forest randomly? UNCW is #114 on KenPom, Arkansas is #116 and Wake Forest is #21.

One of these teams doesn't belong in the same discussion as the other 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No such thing as a 'bad' win. Now go back to your D&D tourney, dork.
There sure is and a terrible Hogs team gave the Cats everything they could handle on March 2nd until Dilly saved the day.

I'm hardly a UK advocate, but a win is a win. Furthermore, even the best teams lose a head scratcher every now and then. Finally, UK's defense is the thing that will hold them back if something holds them back and that is no secret to anyone. This thread topic is just silly.

Reactions: bignish
You are what your record says you are Bert. Arkansas is a 14-15 basketball team and were up double digits vs UK at one point in the 2nd half I believe. That can't happen in March if we're supposed to take UK seriously as a FF contender.

Why did you bring up UNC Wilmington and Wake Forest randomly? UNCW is #114 on KenPom, Arkansas is #116 and Wake Forest is #21.

9 isn't double-digits, nerd.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The fact that Duke fans are trying to trash a UK win against a team that UK beat twice, while Duke lost to them without Arky's best player playing shows how delusional a lot of these Duke fans are.

Keep enjoying your wins against UL, and Miami, and ND, and BC, and FSU, and GT (who Duke lost to) and Pitt (who Duke lost to), and Syracuse, and NC St, WF, and UVA, etc...as of this post, Duke and UNC have not played one team in conference that is currently rated (outside of each other). Hahahahah. And they have the audacity to not only create this thread, but continue to crap on UK for beating a team they couldn't even beat without their best player playing. Can't make this stuff up.

The fact that Duke fans are trying to trash a UK win against a team that UK beat twice, while Duke lost to them without Arky's best player playing shows how delusional a lot of these Duke fans are.
Yeah, that is like planning a sneak attack with firecrackers going off, uphill and with the sun in your eyes. Far be it from me to ever attack my dear UK friends, but if I did, it would be with a better weapon.

I hope that UK gets to play Wake Forest in the first NCAA round. It would be a good 8 versus 9 seed. Of course UK would be the 9 seed and it would be played in Winston Salem, NC. Typical NCAA shit.

Bring them on!

Keep enjoying your wins against UL, and Miami, and ND, and BC, and FSU, and GT (who Duke lost to) and Pitt (who Duke lost to), and Syracuse, and NC St, WF, and UVA, etc...as of this post, Duke and UNC have not played one team in conference that is currently rated (outside of each other). Hahahahah. And they have the audacity to not only create this thread, but continue to crap on UK for beating a team they couldn't even beat without their best player playing. Can't make this stuff up.
You just love contradicting yourself don't you? You've said yourself on this board that you don't care about the results of games played in November but you keep bringing up Duke's loss to Arkansas 4 months ago in Bud Walton.

Duke would annihilate Arkansas if they played each other now just like we've blown out a lot of the bad teams we've played in the past few months. All the other Final 4 contenders like UH, Purdue, UConn, Arizona, TN, Marquette, Creighton, etc. would do the same thing.

I'm just saying that its concerning how UK played on defense on Saturday. If you're not worried about it, then you're being delusional imo.

You just love contradicting yourself don't you? You've said yourself on this board that you don't care about the results of games played in November but you keep bringing up Duke's loss to Arkansas 4 months ago in Bud Walton.

Duke would annihilate Arkansas if they played each other now just like we've blown out a lot of the bad teams we've played in the past few months. All the other Final 4 contenders like UH, Purdue, UConn, Arizona, TN, Marquette, Creighton, etc. would do the same thing.

I'm just saying that its concerning how UK played on defense on Saturday. If you're not worried about it, then you're being delusional imo.
I am using your logic....my goodness, how dense does one have to be to not understand this. You are the one who is all about non conference games mattering, so guess what, I AM USING YOUR LOGIC, FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, AND HOLDING A NON CONFERENCE DEC GAME AGAINST DUKE....geez, you are not bright. I am sorry dude, but you just are not.

You can't turn around and say, oh Duke is not the same team now that they were in Dec, and then in the exact same breath, tout ACC wins against the Big 12 and SEC from flippin Nov/Dec as proof that the ACC is close to being on par with those two conferences. Do you not see how illogical that is?

Either you use your logic, and deal with the fact that Duke lost to an SEC school, without their best player (and it still matters), that UK beat twice...or use my logic, and admit that game doesn't mean anything because it happened in Nov/Dec, just like all the other ACC wins against the SEC/Big 12 from Nov and Dec don't matter in March, which is what I have been saying forever. Either way, you screw yourself hahaha.

I am using your logic....my goodness, how dense does one have to be to not understand this. You are the one who is all about non conference games mattering, so guess what, I AM USING YOUR LOGIC, FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, AND HOLDING A NON CONFERENCE DEC GAME AGAINST DUKE....geez, you are not bright. I am sorry dude, but you just are not.
I never said that nonconference games played in Nov/Dec don't matter as they represent valid data points and should be considered when evaluating a team. I'm saying it should be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that the Arkansas win over Duke was an upset then and given how the Hogs have played since then, Duke would destroy them if they played in early March.
You can't turn around and say, oh Duke is not the same team now that they were in Dec, and then in the exact same breath, tout ACC wins against the Big 12 and SEC from flippin Nov/Dec as proof that the ACC is close to being on par with those two conferences. Do you not see how illogical that is?
I'm not just using the results of those nonconference games to argue for the ACC. I'm also using efficiency ratings that show the ACC is being underappreciated.

All teams have evolved over the course of the year but its not illogical for me to say that Duke has improved tremendously since then.

Either you use your logic, and deal with the fact that Duke lost to an SEC school, without their best player (and it still matters), that UK beat twice...or use my logic, and admit that game doesn't mean anything because it happened in Nov/Dec, just like all the other ACC wins against the SEC/Big 12 from Nov and Dec don't matter in March, which is what I have been saying forever. Either way, you screw yourself hahaha.
But you haven't proved that the SEC is meaningfully better than the ACC though. Even if we agree that nonconference results from last year don't matter, I'm not contradicting myself by saying Duke has improved a lot since then.

You're taking 2 completely different points I'm making and trying to tie them together.

ADVERTISEMENT