ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, if Arkansas sucks, what does that say about UK

Its pretty concerning that you gave up 100+ points to a team that ranks outside the top 100 in offensive efficiency.

That's about as bad of a win as you can have tbh.

Duke lost to them back in November so not sure how that's relevant.
If you watched the game, you would see that Arkansas finally played up to their potential. That team has damn good talent, they just played like they didn't care, but that wasn't the case on Saturday.

But also, UK beat them in January, in Fayetteville, so again, the OP put his foot in his mouth.

I notice you like to put UK and the SEC down a lot, you should probably look inside your own program and league. It's just odd that duke fans are tsling shots at UK for sweeping a team that duke lost to.

Also, duke struggled with Georgia Tech, let them score 80 and only won by 5. Better hope duke doesn’t struggle again tonight, NCST is far less talented than Miss State and Arkansas. I might just have to refresh your post if they do.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Its how they looked doing it. We're in March and UK should be much better defensively by now.
Yeah, they scored 111 points on a team that could look eye to eye with UK and played out of their mind.

Heck, Arkansas put up 80 on Duke and they were missing their best player.

If you want, we can compare games played against common opponents.

There sure is and a terrible Hogs team gave the Cats everything they could handle on March 2nd until Dilly saved the day.
The way Arkansas played on Saturday, they would have beaten duke again.

The funny thing is, you actually believe duke wouldn’t have more losses if they played in the SEC, even though Arkansas punked duke and didn't even have their best player. Arkansas is the 3rd worst team in the league.

In conclusion... the ACC sucks this year.
Yeah its not great but college basketball is down as a whole. Most conferences have a few true contenders and the rest of the teams besides the real dregs seem interchangeable.

The way Arkansas played on Saturday, they would have beaten duke again.

The funny thing is, you actually believe duke wouldn’t have more losses if they played in the SEC, even though Arkansas punked duke and didn't even have their best player. Arkansas is the 3rd worst team in the league.
Duke actually plays solid defense so no Arky wouldn't have beaten Duke again.

You keep bringing up this November loss like its still relevant when analyzing how good a team is now Jeff.

Since February 1st, Duke has been the 2nd best team in the country after UConn. THIS version of Duke is not losing to a team in Cameron ranked outside the top 100.

Duke would annihilate Arkansas if they played each other now just like we've blown out a lot of the bad teams we've played in the past few months. All the other Final 4 contenders like UH, Purdue, UConn, Arizona, TN, Marquette, Creighton, etc. would do the same thing.

I'm just saying that its concerning how UK played on defense on Saturday. If you're not worried about it, then you're being delusional imo.
First of all, duke would lose to Arkansas if they played right now, I'd put serious money on that. Duke is getting to play shit teams all through January and February, while UK is playing @Auburn, @LSU, @S Carolina, @Mississippi state, Tennessee, @Florida and yes, even Arkansas at home is a huge challenge when you consider their coach and their talent.

Also, all those team you listed in bold… with the exception of Houston, those teams are also playing in conferences where only a few teams are any good at all. Who in the BIG10 is a legit threat aside from Purdue?

Not only that, but Purdue barely beat an awful MSU team on Saturday, lost to Northwestern, got smoked by 16 by Nebraska and lost to Ohio state. Even UConn got blasted by one of only two other Big East teams that are any good.

Arizona lost to Oregon state and Stanford. Stanford beat them 100-82, so wtf are you talking about?

Duke actually plays solid defense so no Arky wouldn't have beaten Duke again.

You keep bringing up this November loss like its still relevant when analyzing how good a team is now Jeff.

Since February 1st, Duke has been the 2nd best team in the country after UConn. THIS version of Duke is not losing to a team in Cameron ranked outside the top 100.
Simply put, you hate that I'm bringing your November loss to Arkansas up, but it happened and Arkansas was even worse when.it happened.

But also, look at the thread title… THAT'S why it deserves to he brought up and you're just as bad as Gary for trying to pile on with more crap.

Bottom line is, you can't swear up and down that your team is way better defensively when you have been.playing a bunch of shot competition.

You guys are trying to point and laugh when UK is playing extremely talented, athleting teams and duke is playing Syracuse, GT, FSU, Pitt, UVA, Wake, Miami and NCST. Y'all played one great team (unc) and lost. You also lost to GT and Arkansas. So until duke beats someone with a pulse, I'd say you look foolish trying to shit on a team that has far better wins than duke.

@Auburn
@Mississippi St
@Florida
North Carolina

Heck, I'm not sure duke has 1 win better than any of those.

First of all, duke would lose to Arkansas if they played right now, I'd put serious money on that. Duke is getting to play shit teams all through January and February, while UK is playing @Auburn, @LSU, @S Carolina, @Mississippi state, Tennessee, @Florida and yes, even Arkansas at home is a huge challenge when you consider their coach and their talent.

Also, all those team you listed in bold… with the exception of Houston, those teams are also playing in conferences where only a few teams are any good at all. Who in the BIG10 is a legit threat aside from Purdue?

Not only that, but Purdue barely beat an awful MSU team on Saturday, lost to Northwestern, got smoked by 16 by Nebraska and lost to Ohio state. Even UConn got blasted by one of only two other Big East teams that are any good.

Arizona lost to Oregon state and Stanford. Stanford beat them 100-82, so wtf are you talking about?
I'm not getting into this uncle fvcking contest. But you listed LSU and Carl'sJr. Lol

I'm not getting into this uncle fvcking contest. But you listed LSU and Carl'sJr. Lol
That's still a tough game on the road. They had just beaten South Carolina at SC.

But yeah, that’s not an impossible place to play by any means, but it's still a hard road game.

UK had them down by 15, then decided to get cute with lineups and effort. Gave that one away.

Reactions: bignish
Its how they looked doing it. We're in March and UK should be much better defensively by now.
I mean you’re not wrong about the defense. But Duke lost to the Hawgs and Kentucky swept them. Odd thread to make for a Duke fan. But maybe I shouldn’t be surprised considering the OP.

What a lame attempt to play it off. You 'prematurely' shot off your big mouth, but things didn't end the way that you hoped. That seems to be a big problem of yours.
No I didn’t. My post had nothing to do with the result.

This supposedly worst team in the Sec who sucks, took UK to the mat and also almost scored a 100 on the vaunted Wildcats.

The fact that Duke fans are trying to trash a UK win against a team that UK beat twice, while Duke lost to them without Arky's best player playing shows how delusional a lot of these Duke fans are.

Keep enjoying your wins against UL, and Miami, and ND, and BC, and FSU, and GT (who Duke lost to) and Pitt (who Duke lost to), and Syracuse, and NC St, WF, and UVA, etc...as of this post, Duke and UNC have not played one team in conference that is currently rated (outside of each other). Hahahahah. And they have the audacity to not only create this thread, but continue to crap on UK for beating a team they couldn't even beat without their best player playing. Can't make this stuff up.
Not trashing, just making fun of all the hill billys.

Btw, Duke loses tonight. They aren’t making the second weekend.

Not trashing, just making fun of all the hill billys.

Btw, Duke loses tonight. They aren’t making the second weekend.
See, this is where you're wrong again. This game, win or lose, has no bearing on what happens in the tournament.

Anything can happen in a 1 game scenario, especially when a bad team has talent

Check that, you might be right. This NCST team is awwwwwful. They can't shoot from anywhere outside the paint, can't make free throws, they can't get rebounds and they are leaving shooters wide open.

The only thing they have is the big pork chop in the middle that looks like he's about to have a heart attack and he's dominating the paint.

I get it, Flip is out in foul trouble, but that's going to happen in the tournament. Yikes, this is ugly.

Last edited:
See, this is where you're wrong again. This game, win or lose, has no bearing on what happens in the tournament.

Check that, you might be right. This NCST team is awwwwwful. They can't shoot from anywhere outside the paint, can't make free throws, they can't get rebounds and they are leaving shooters wide open.

The only thing they have is the big pork chop in the middle that looks like he's about to have a heart attack and he's dominating the paint.

I get it, Flip is out in foul trouble, but that's going to happen in the tournament. Yikes, this is ugly.
Two thoughts, two sentences.

Two thoughts, two sentences.
Hillbilly is one word. North Carolina is in the heart of Appalachia too, in case you didn't know. I always get a kick out of people from the same region hurling insults that also largely apply to their own state. Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Missouri, Arkansas, and a few more are loaded with hillbillies. I live in Florida. No hills here but this state is way more redneck than all the rest combined. 🤣

Hillbilly is one word. North Carolina is in the heart of Appalachia too, in case you didn't know. I always get a kick out of people from the same region hurling insults that also largely apply to their own state. Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Missouri, Arkansas, and a few more are loaded with hillbillies. I live in Florida. No hills here but this state is way more redneck than all the rest combined. 🤣
Dude is a Jersey fvcktaurd. Don't associate him with the great state of North Carolina.

Live in NC, from the Northeast.

NC St is so awful yet they’re ranked higher on KenPom than Arkansas and LSU, 2 SEC doormats you’re trying to hype up.

Duke took care of business in the 2H and cruised to an easy win which is what you’re supposed to do vs an inferior opponent. They’ve covered the Vegas spread in every game but Wake since the UNC loss.

Our backup big Ryan Young has been really solid so we’re not exactly screwed if Flip is in foul trouble. Our freshman big Sean Stewart is coming on nicely too.

NC St is so awful yet they’re ranked higher on KenPom than Arkansas and LSU, 2 SEC doormats you’re trying to hype up.

Duke took care of business in the 2H and cruised to an easy win which is what you’re supposed to do vs an inferior opponent. They’ve covered the Vegas spread in every game but Wake since the UNC loss.

Our backup big Ryan Young has been really solid so we’re not exactly screwed if Flip is in foul trouble. Our freshman big Sean Stewart is coming on nicely too.
First half was awful.

Second half was great.

Love what Stewart has been doing.

I saw nothing from either team that was all that impresdive at all. I saw zero post presence from duke and I saw nobody from State that could take anyone off the bounce, or go off from the outside. Duke was struggling to defend a pork chop that could barely get up and down the floor.

Sometimes teams go on a run, Wake forest did for a bit, Pitt went on a bit of a run and so did LSU. Arkansas played out of their mind the other day. Yeah, some of it was UK's defense, but a lot of credit has to go to Arkansas' effort and execution. Battle has been scoring over 30 a game and that's a guy duke didn’t see.

You can't lose to Arkansas and lose to Pitt at home and be taken seriously when talking smack about a team that has far better wins.

I saw nothing from either team that was all that impresdive at all. I saw zero post presence from duke and I saw nobody from State that could take anyone off the bounce, or go off from the outside. Duke was struggling to defend a pork chop that could barely get up and down the floor.

Sometimes teams go on a run, Wake forest did for a bit, Pitt went on a bit of a run and so did LSU. Arkansas played out of their mind the other day. Yeah, some of it was UK's defense, but a lot of credit has to go to Arkansas' effort and execution. Battle has been scoring over 30 a game and that's a guy duke didn’t see.

You can't lose to Arkansas and lose to Pitt at home and be taken seriously when talking smack about a team that has far better wins.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

I never said that nonconference games played in Nov/Dec don't matter as they represent valid data points and should be considered when evaluating a team. I'm saying it should be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that the Arkansas win over Duke was an upset then and given how the Hogs have played since then, Duke would destroy them if they played in early March.

I'm not just using the results of those nonconference games to argue for the ACC. I'm also using efficiency ratings that show the ACC is being underappreciated.

All teams have evolved over the course of the year but its not illogical for me to say that Duke has improved tremendously since then.

But you haven't proved that the SEC is meaningfully better than the ACC though. Even if we agree that nonconference results from last year don't matter, I'm not contradicting myself by saying Duke has improved a lot since then.

You're taking 2 completely different points I'm making and trying to tie them together.
I am not going to get into another debate where you try to sell that the ACC is on par with the SEC. The ACC blows. There are only two teams currently rated in the ACC.

As I stated, Duke and UNC have not played one team in conference play (outside each other) that is currently rated. In all of conference play. Let that sink in. Not one!!

You can keep on thinking that Duke has improved tremendously, while using wins against trash teams as your barometer. In fact, the only team with a pulse that Duke has played in the past month, they lost to (WF, who has subsequently lost to ND and VA Tech, and might not even be in the tournament)...but keep on thumping your chest over Duke's big wins this past month against ND, and BC, and FSU, and Miami, and UL, and NCST, and UVA.. lol, what a joke.

In fact, Duke lost to the only team that is currently rated in your conference, which is UNC. And they beat Duke soundly (remember, UK beat UNC since you are so enamored with early season wins...oh that's right, early season wins only count if they fit your narrative)...

Reactions: kyjeff1
I am not going to get into another debate where you try to sell that the ACC is on par with the SEC. The ACC blows. There are only two teams currently rated in the ACC.

As I stated, Duke and UNC have not played one team in conference play (outside each other) that is currently rated. In all of conference play. Let that sink in. Not one!!

You can keep on thinking that Duke has improved tremendously, while using wins against trash teams as your barometer. In fact, the only team with a pulse that Duke has played in the past month, they lost to (WF, who has subsequently lost to ND and VA Tech, and might not even be in the tournament)...but keep on thumping your chest over Duke's big wins this past month against ND, and BC, and FSU, and Miami, and UL, and NCST, and UVA.. lol, what a joke.

In fact, Duke lost to the only team that is currently rated in your conference, which is UNC. And they beat Duke soundly (remember, UK beat UNC since you are so enamored with early season wins...oh that's right, early season wins only count if they fit your narrative)...
Damn. Duke has you so upset.

Seems like you are debating.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Says the guy that started this thread after a UK win over a team duke lost to. You might be the most dense poster on this board.
Dude. I was just laughing at you and your Arkansas is the worst in the SeC, yet took your cats till the end of the game.

From your expert analysis, I expected it to be a blow out from the start.

🤡🤡🤡🤡😭

Damn. Duke has you so upset.

Seems like you are debating.
You may want to look up how debates work...if I was going to debate the SEC vs ACC, I would have talked in depth about the SEC, all the teams in the SEC that are currently rated, what all the conference metrics say, etc...I didn't do any of that. In fact, I didn't even bring up one thing about the SEC hahaha.

No I didn’t. My post had nothing to do with the result.

This supposedly worst team in the Sec who sucks, took UK to the mat and also almost scored a 100 on the vaunted Wildcats.
That same 'worst team in the SEC who sucks' still beat dook and did so without heir best player, you dolt.

Yeah, they did.

Upsets happen. Are you new to sports.

Uncw is better than UK.
Yes, upsets happen....and yet, that didn't happen at Rupp last weekend and here you are, posting like it did. You should just run off to your home board and chat with your fellow dorks. Your team has plenty of issues to discuss.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Dude. I was just laughing at you and your Arkansas is the worst in the SeC, yet took your cats till the end of the game.

From your expert analysis, I expected it to be a blow out from the start.

🤡🤡🤡🤡😭
Arkansas is not the worst team in the sec, in fact, they have top 15 talent.

This is why you play the game.

It’s funny how you didn't start a thread after UK had Bama down by 37 points, or when UK smacked Auburn in the road.

Who is duke's best win since January 1st?

Heck, what is their best win, period?

Yes, upsets happen....and yet, that didn't happen at Rupp last weekend and here you are, posting like it did. You should just run off to your home board and chat with your fellow dorks. Your team has plenty of issues to discuss.
Correct.

I just thought it was funny how the game played out.

Sorry to upset so many of you sensitive Sally UK fans.

Arkansas is not the worst team in the sec, in fact, they have top 15 talent.

This is why you play the game.

It’s funny how you didn't start a thread after UK had Bama down by 37 points, or when UK smacked Auburn in the road.

Who is duke's best win since January 1st?

Heck, what is their best win, period?
All of them.

Have you seen my posts regarding Duke?

I don’t think they make the second weekend.

I have said many times I am not a fan of this team.

So. Your point.

All of them.

Have you seen my posts regarding Duke?

I don’t think they make the second weekend.

I have said many times I am not a fan of this team.

So. Your point.
My point is, you look like an ass. It would at least be funny if Duke housed Arkansas back in December, but part of me thinks you forgot about that game when you created this thread, sure seems like it.

ADVERTISEMENT