ADVERTISEMENT

The “All Things UK” Thread

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Was noticing there being more than one UK thread by various fans of multiple school fanbases and thought “how well would one condensed thread be appreciated by our posters?”. 🤔. If I wasn’t a UK fan the amount of interest UK holds on this board could seem a little exasperating. I get it. I suspect there will be those that appreciate the attempt to corral UK topics into a central thread, as well as some haters, the jealous and drive-by posters throwing in potshots and ridicule, and without question UK fans just happy to be seeing news and opinions about our team-related topics.

Don’t know if this little experiment will work, but to all parties mentioned above. . . you’re welcome in advance.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This things going to go 25 + pages due to all the haters - or it won’t get past one page because the haters don’t want to prove the OP right about the attention UK draws so they won’t post out of spite. Silent protest. RollLaugh

9qVsZn6.gif
Sadly, the days of 25 page threads on this board are gone. Not that many regulars anymore. If this thread makes it to 10 pages, it won't be because of haters, it will be because of a half dozen UK fans circle jerking on a David Hasselhoff poster. No offense @I am stupid

I can sum/wrap this up...

Duke player does someting, I dunno, wrong---whatever...Duke loses....Kansas does someting wrong......Kansas loses....UNC, IU, etc, etc...

Gets talked about. No big deal.

Insert UK here...

BBN---Everyone is always talking about us...Insert 5 threads complaining about fans talking about UK.

UK wins the Bahama National title----BBN---40-0. UK loses in 1st round to 15 seed.

UK beats up on Germany, Canada....BBN---40-0. This team is for real...FF contender. December----"cal fukin sucks"---Outsider---"Yep"----BBN---"Obsessed"

Rinse/repeat 2024-25. And 2025-26....And 2026-27......

Look at me, Look at me---then gets pissed when they get "looked at".

But man I love you mudders....

Duke player does someting, I dunno, wrong---whatever...Duke loses....Kansas does someting wrong......Kansas loses....UNC, IU, etc, etc...

Insert UK here...

BBN---Everyone is always talking about us...Insert 5 threads complaining about fans talking about UK.

UK wins the Bahama National title----BBN---40-0. UK loses in 1st round to 15 seed.

UK beats up on Germany, Canada....BBN---40-0. This team is for real...FF contender. December----"cal fukin sucks"---Outsider---"Yep"----BBN---"Obsessed"

Now do Indiana. 😁

Insert UK here...

cheeky-boy-middle-finger.gif

Was noticing there being more than one UK thread by various fans of multiple school fanbases and thought “how well would one condensed thread be appreciated by our posters?”. 🤔. If I wasn’t a UK fan the amount of interest UK holds on this board could seem a little exasperating. I get it. I suspect there will be those that appreciate the attempt to corral UK topics into a central thread, as well as some haters, the jealous and drive-by posters throwing in potshots and ridicule, and without question UK fans just happy to be seeing news and opinions about our team-related topics.

Don’t know if this little experiment will work, but to all parties mentioned above. . . you’re welcome in advance.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
This thread reminds me of UK basketball. GOAT.

It was needed. Way too many UK threads.
Now instead of home board material, we can just say UK thread material.
It’s experimental. There’s as many non UK fans starting threads as there are UK fans doing it. I can’t see how anyone -no matter their interest level about UK - wouldn’t appreciate just having this odd amount of interest smashed into one thread. Haters don’t have to sift through so many separate threads to spew vitriol, and the fans can just come right here.

I’ve noticed during these exhibition games that this team is a bit quicker, more athletic then Cal’s last few teams. Hunter Dickinson would’ve been a liability to this squad. These guys are pretty fluid. They look a lot like Cal’s initial teams. Baylor went 1-4 against these 23 year old squads last year, so it’s not like beating the Bahamas national team. Some serious athleticism this season.

Still keeping my enthusiasm in check.

I’ve noticed during these exhibition games that this team is a bit quicker, more athletic then Cal’s last few teams. Hunter Dickinson would’ve been a liability to this squad. These guys are pretty fluid. They look a lot like Cal’s initial teams. Baylor went 1-4 against these 23 year old squads last year, so it’s not like beating the Bahamas national team. Some serious athleticism this season.

Still keeping my enthusiasm in check.
Hunter would have been a cock block.

We're well-rounded. Suprised how our supposed role players are making plays.

Sheppard is playing his way into the rotation. Hard to keep him off the court at this point.

I
Hunter would have been a cock block.

We're well-rounded. Suprised how our supposed role players are making plays.

Sheppard is playing his way into the rotation. Hard to keep him off the court at this point.
l like that we had 4 -5 players score in double figures. Hopefully it’s a sign of being more multidimensional than the last couple of seasons.

Borden and the two degree dude from Auburn/Indiana who can't write a complete sentence.
Drove past your neck of the woods on my way to Florida(and back). I absolutely love the drive through Tenn and Kentucky. Absolutely beautiful.

Alabama has to be the ugliest, shit hole of a state.

I

l like that we had 4 -5 players score in double figures. Hopefully it’s a sign of being more multidimensional than the last couple of seasons.
So..................................We talking "getting past the second round" multidimensional here?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It should probably be pinned. We're better than the B1G.
Define "We"? And save me the, "SEC has won 3 titles...."---That doesn't define a conference---it defines A TEAM. Getting multiple teams deep in the tourney, on a consistent basis is the key....Not just having UK and Florida beat up on folks---then have both vanish. 🤣 .

SEC has become a much better basketball conference for sure. And could possibly be better than the B10---But not b/c UK won a title 11 years ago----and Flroida going back to back some 17 years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Define "We"? And save me the, "SEC has won 3 titles...."---That doesn't define a conference---it defines A TEAM. Getting multiple teams deep in the tourney, on a consistent basis is the key....Not just having UK and Florida beat up on folks---then have both vanish. 🤣 .

SEC has become a much better basketball conference for sure. And could possibly be better than the B10---But not b/c UK won a title 11 years ago----and Flroida going back to back some 17 years ago.
SEC backup teams are better than the B1G.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT