ADVERTISEMENT

UVA Declines White House Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't. But that's the policy Trump is going with.
True asylum seekers are not being turned away. The problem is, looking for work is not a reason for asylum. And that is what the majority of the caravans are is people looking for work. That is called cutting in line. Our policies are being exploited with children being used as ploys and fully capable men piggybacking off of women and children to get into our country without having to go through the proper process. If your true concern was with the asylum seekers, your anger would be directed at the people exploiting our laws and not at orange man bad. But your concern isn't with them, it is with perpetuating the narrative that you have been fed.

The town I moved from borders the ghetto of north Milwaukee. They opened a bus line to bus people in from the city because the growing suburb had more jobs. Crime has risen exponentially and it’s only a matter of time before business owners take their business elsewhere.

Then people can cry about lack of jobs in the area. Rinse, wash, repeat.

True asylum seekers are not being turned away. The problem is, looking for work is not a reason for asylum. And that is what the majority of the caravans are is people looking for work. That is called cutting in line. Our policies are being exploited with children being used as ploys and fully capable men piggybacking off of women and children to get into our country without having to go through the proper process. If your true concern was with the asylum seekers, your anger would be directed at the people exploiting our laws and not at orange man bad. But your concern isn't with them, it is with perpetuating the narrative that you have been fed.

You’re on fire tonight.

Show a Trump policy that asylum seekers will be turned away. He wants them vetted thoroughly 1st, and shut Obama's open door policies regarding those seekers

"The system is full," Trump said. "We can’t take you anymore. Whether it’s asylum, whether it’s anything you want, it’s illegal migration, we can’t take you anymore. Our country is full, our area’s full, the sector is full. We can’t take you anymore, I’m sorry, can’t happen. So turn around, that’s the way it is."

-Donald J. Trump

That's just words though, right? Words don't matter cuz he doesn't have a policy explicitly stating "asylum seekers will be forced to GTFO".

I am beginning to like you even if you are a Duke fan.

"The system is full," Trump said. "We can’t take you anymore. Whether it’s asylum, whether it’s anything you want, it’s illegal migration, we can’t take you anymore. Our country is full, our area’s full, the sector is full. We can’t take you anymore, I’m sorry, can’t happen. So turn around, that’s the way it is."

-Donald J. Trump

That's just words though, right? Words don't matter cuz he doesn't have a policy explicitly stating "asylum seekers will be forced to GTFO".
So never mind the actual policy.

Reactions: oldsports_

My problem is with wasting resources and attention on a made-up problem, and under false pretenses.

I find it fascinating how Liberals despise the rich. I'm waiting for people on welfare to start businesses, employ workers, give bonuses. etc...
Go ahead, take away the rich, divide everything equal, then enjoy life like Venezuelans.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
My problem is with wasting resources and attention on a made-up problem, and under false pretenses.
The fact that you think it is a made up problem tells me that we have no reason to continue this conversation. I actually like you. I will reserve my responses to posts like these for the dattier.

Right. A policy that says they must be forced back is different from a policy that just makes it prohibitively hard to gain entry for asylum.
Seriously. Look at what is going on. You are being fed false information on what is going on. You seem like a smart guy that should be able to decipher what is bullshit and what is legit. The msm uses the term asylum in order to fit an agenda. It is disgusting the lengths they will go to make Trump look like the bad guy. Obama's NSA has repeatedly said that this is a crisis at the border and that the media is downplaying it for politically reasons. Yet people ignore him and go with what they want to believe.

Seriously. Look at what is going on. You are being fed false information on what is going on. You seem like a smart guy that should be able to decipher what is bullshit and what is legit. The msm uses the term asylum in order to fit an agenda. It is disgusting the lengths they will go to make Trump look like the bad guy. Obama's NSA has repeatedly said that this is a crisis at the border and that the media is downplaying it for politically reasons. Yet people ignore him and go with what they want to believe.

Who's feeding me the false info? I don't think we have an immigration crisis. I think the current administration is using it as political fuel for their fire. It's fear-mongering at its finest.

I also think the wall is an absolute waste. It won't slowdown illegal immigration in any significant amount. It will also never be 'finished'.

Reactions: Sevro and Dattier
Who's feeding me the false info? I don't think we have an immigration crisis. I think the current administration is using it as political fuel for their fire. It's fear-mongering at its finest.

I also think the wall is an absolute waste. It won't slowdown illegal immigration in any significant amount. It will also never be 'finished'.
We can believe that the wall is a waste of money, which with the current laws, I agree. But that has nothing to do with what is a crisis. The people working the border call it a crisis, Obama's NSA calls it a crisis but you don't. No offense to you, but I am taking their word for it over yours.

I am out for the night. Be good.

For the sake of discourse, let me soften/explain my position. Immigration (legal and illegal) has been a weak spot in this country for some time. Obama was too lenient, Trump is too strict.

Money and time would be better spent on immigration reform with sensible and compassionate changes. Aggressive rhetoric and a big wall are a waste of time, effort, and money, and ultimately detrimental to the end goal of controlling immigration. Treating each potential border crosser as a criminal and trying to block as many entries as possible is not the way to fix the root problem. But it looks good on tv.

Last edited:
We can believe that the wall is a waste of money, which with the current laws, I agree. But that has nothing to do with what is a crisis. The people working the border call it a crisis, Obama's NSA calls it a crisis but you don't. No offense to you, but I am taking their word for it over yours.

I am out for the night. Be good.

The largest part of the 'crisis' is people overstaying their VISA's.

Read this and tell me how over staying visas has anything to do with the border crisis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...fb9615010d7_story.html?utm_term=.9a914c752e88

Context is everything.

I'd like the explanation for this chart and how that jives with the idea that the influx of asylum seekers we're seeing now rises to the level of being a crisis:

IDK why the pic isn't working. I tried multiple links. It's the graph of southern border apprehensions from that WaPo article.

imrs.php

If it's a crisis now, what was it before? Again, it's an issue worth addressing; it is not a crisis. But crisis is a good word to use to draw attention to something.

Last edited:
I find it fascinating how Liberals despise the rich. I'm waiting for people on welfare to start businesses, employ workers, give bonuses. etc...
Go ahead, take away the rich, divide everything equal, then enjoy life like Venezuelans.
Many of us are rich. You wouldn’t know what it feels like.

You need a heavy dose of taking care of what you got first....then, when you have that under control, you can thoughtfully help others.
You should get on with that first part by not spending so much time here then.

Yet you scoff at educators saying the same about public ed. You scoff at the fear our President's rhetoric and policies create in marginalized populations.

Reactions: Sevro
Libs can't name anything Trump has done policy wise that affects them bigly.
All they know, he is a meanie butt on Twitter.
You know why all the media and the Democrats truly hate Trump? It is because Trump is the very first Republican to return fire when they shoot at him. He goes back at them harder than they come at him, and I love it! Republicans usually wilt and start apologize when the media or the Dems throw dirt at them, whether it is true or not, Trump stands his ground and fires back at them and they can not take it, they love dishing it out, but can not take it, and I love it. You see that in this thread.

You should get on with that first part by not spending so much time here then.
I think I'm taking care of things pretty well...got a leaky sunlight in the master bathroom thats a headache, planted new grass, trying to finish up the rubber mulch barrier for my soon to be 3 yr olds swings/fort. I do have some loose ends prepping the new babies room and getting things ready for my wife so she has everything she needs in place while I'm at work. I can always be more efficient at work so I can get out of here at a reasonable hour. Just got back from taking my family on vacation so I def have yard work to do. Im pretty motivated so I should be done by sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT