ADVERTISEMENT

vacation lake house area recommendations

Gotcha, I think that area is always a good time.

A couple years ago, me and a group of guys got a sick house in the Dillon/Frisco Colorado area. Insane view that looked down over Lake Dillon, also rented a pontoon boat for the day. Breckenridge is close which is fun in the summer.

You would not want to go there in May though, as it will still be too cold. The area is pretty amazing in July/August, though it's not for everyone due to the elevation and the fact that you'd have to drive from Denver.
LOL So he says he wants warm in May and you offer Michigan. He says no too cold and you say "gotcha, how about Colorado?"

Planning a reunion/vacation for 10-15 old dudes. We were teammates in the 2013 Maccabi games in Israel (old man ice hockey, Team USA). Stayed close friends ever since.

Last year we celebrated 10 years by renting a really nice house in Scottsdale. House was loaded with pool, hot tub, bocce ball court, pool table, ping pong, sports court etc. It was an amazing trip.

Looking to do it again this summer. Looking for a nice lake or beach house, somewhere warm. Might be early summer so looking for southern US as a location.

I've done some brief looking. Carolinas seem to have a lot of options.

Figured everyone here might have some good ideas?

Really don't care about activities in the area as we mostly just hang out at the house the entire time aside from going out for some meals. Only other activity would be golf. Not everyone plays but those of us that do would need a course close by so we can get in and out quickly and not miss out on too much going on at the house.

Oh yea, and the house MUST have a bocce court. We discovered at our last trip that bocce is the perfect game for a bunch of old dudes hanging out.
Getchya one of these. I camp wherever the hell I want. I bring my golf cart, cornhole boards, bocce set, basketball, football, bikes, kayaks, or whatever else I want.
If you don't want to buy one, you can AIRbnb RV's (RV-share).

20220430-094304.jpg

Getchya one of these. I camp wherever the hell I want. I bring my golf cart, cornhole boards, bocce set, basketball, football, bikes, kayaks, or whatever else I want.
If you don't want to buy one, you can AIRbnb RV's (RV-share).

20220430-094304.jpg

that's very nice, but not at all what we are looking for. We're thinking 5 star, not AAA.

I’ll say Lake Martin in Alabama one more time just to make sure you saw it, DePaul. There’s a couple nice courses nearby, including Grand National which has a couple of sweet tracks, but for the most part it’s just wealthy people on a lake with the ability to rent a slow little pontoon boat and pull up to lake side restaurants and bars all over the lake. Fire pits, bocce ball, shooting the shit, and great scenery (nature and women).

And if you’re really interested in a night out, you head over to Auburn for a fantastic dinner at a place that does bacon flights. Yes you read that correctly.

I’ll say Lake Martin in Alabama one more time just to make sure you saw it, DePaul. There’s a couple nice courses nearby, including Grand National which has a couple of sweet tracks, but for the most part it’s just wealthy people on a lake with the ability to rent a slow little pontoon boat and pull up to lake side restaurants and bars all over the lake. Fire pits, bocce ball, shooting the shit, and great scenery (nature and women).

And if you’re really interested in a night out, you head over to Auburn for a fantastic dinner at a place that does bacon flights. Yes you read that correctly.

I checked it out, beautiful looking area. Doesn't appear to have rentals big enough for what we are looking for. Also might be hard to get to. Where do you even fly in for that? Birmingham?

I checked it out, beautiful looking area. Doesn't appear to have rentals big enough for what we are looking for. Also might be hard to get to. Where do you even fly in for that? Birmingham?

Hmm. I know there are some huge houses on the lake. But maybe not for rent? Idk. I’ve only ever been to a buddy’s house there.

Montgomery is the closest airport. About 50 min. I could see that being a hassle if you don’t want to rent a car.

Hmm. I know there are some huge houses on the lake. But maybe not for rent? Idk. I’ve only ever been to a buddy’s house there.

Montgomery is the closest airport. About 50 min. I could see that being a hassle if you don’t want to rent a car.
that's a deal breaker. Gotta be a place that's easy to get to from all over the country.

Reactions: GE Nole
Ever notice what is on the TV at the end of that commercial?
Looks like Janice is ordering something off one of those shows. The item is only shown for a second, looks like a dildo in a glass case.

This is a longer version I've never seen. Found it on youtube.

We go to Lake Gaston on the Va/NC border every year for a week or two every summer. We also keep our boat down there. A lot of VRBO’s down there.

We go to Lake Gaston on the Va/NC border every year for a week or two every summer. We also keep our boat down there. A lot of VRBO’s down there.
I'm camping there this year. My Aunt and uncle have a spot at Sun Outdoors that they go to throughout the summer. Place looks awesome. It'll he a 13 hr trip.for us, but it looks worth it.

Have you looked into an Airbnb in the Caribbean?

Next January we are staying in Curacao for 10 days. Fairly reasonably priced.

This is much bigger than what we are staying in. But maybe good for you.

that's nice, but I think if we went to the carribean our wives would kill us. Plus, the house itself isn't really what we are looking for. needs to sleep more and have more activities.

If I'm paying $20M for a compound it would be on a much larger parcel of land, way out of eyeshot and earshot of other properties. I don't want a whole community of filthy peasant poors living right behind me.
GGex-Gf-RXQAAro-C8.jpg
I am with you on this!!!
Well over two decades ago I heard of someone that had a large red oak that had been cut down and anyone that wanted to come and cut it up fore fire wood was welcome. I called got directions and my wife, my 3 year old daughter and me hooked the trailer up and took off. It was only 15 miles from where we lived, but when we pulled up and I saw this property I was in total awe, it was a really big, beautiful home setting on Kentucky Lake, about 5 acres of back yard with a massive metal building where they kept the motorhome, tractor, atv's and everything else in, all around it was woods, no house in site. It had two boat docks with roofs for boats.
They were really nice people, they said that they were from Chicago and retired and moved here, they kept my little girl entertained while we cut and loaded the wood.
If I could ever afford a place like that I would, but I would bet it would take a few million.

LOL, Willie Z was on the 2017 team, not the 2013 team. We tried getting him to try out for 2022, but he had a lot of stuff going on at home and couldn't make it work.
I’m guessing I know a couple on that squad!

If you go to Scottsdale again you should try to book Scottsdale Manor. I go with my buddies for old man baseball tourneys every October. Can fit 10. We pick a different mansion built into Camelback MTN every year.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I’m guessing I know a couple on that squad!

If you go to Scottsdale again you should try to book Scottsdale Manor. I go with my buddies for old man baseball tourneys every October. Can fit 10. We pick a different mansion built into Camelback MTN every year.

that place is gorgeous. Will definitely look into that further.

ADVERTISEMENT