ADVERTISEMENT

How much money did your parents give you to buy a house?

Most homes around here are 500-750K and were built in the 70s.

So not only do you need to buy and furnish the house, they’ll require a ton of upkeep/maintenance/upgrades.

A household would need to make 180K+ to buy in while still paying down student loans and funding retirement accounts. Make that 200K if you have kids.

If you think 200K couples are easily formed, we will have to agree to disagree.
Scholarships and parents paying for educations? Trade jobs or anything that doesnt require paying for 4 years of college. Maybe they have a good enough job? Business owners? You're just assuming they're in way over their head because they're younger and in an equivalent or better position than you. You're essentially racist against young people. Have you even gone over and talked to these neighbors you're judging from afar?

Last edited:
Scholarships and parents paying for educations? Trade jobs or anything that doesnt require paying for 4 years of college. Maybe they have a good enough job? Business owners? You're just assuming they're in way over their head because they're younger and in an equivalent or better position than you. You're essentially racist against young people. Have you even gone over and talked to these neighbors you're judging from afar?
Go look at the car default rates.

That’s the canary in the coal mine.

We just have to disagree.

I’m not ageist. I really hope everyone can afford their homes. Because if they can’t and the economy turns, it’s going to hurt everyone. Massively.

Let me say it again in case you missed it: I hope I’m wrong.

155d04a9-7ec5-467e-b6c9-21d17391a6b6_text.gif
If you roll a quarter down the street they will all chase it, no matter if they are billionaires or not. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
If you roll a quarter down the street they will all chase it, no matter if they are billionaires or not. 😁
Would you spend all day picking up nickels? You can keep all you can pick up.

The question used to be pennies but inflation and all.

Dimes, Quarters? All you have to do is bend over and pick them up. Unlimited supply.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

When I used to visit my college best friend in Orlando we would hang out with all his friends and i was the only Jew they ever knew. there would be like 8 of us hitting the bars. At some point in the evening, never fail, we’d be standing in a circle at a bar drinking and someone would throw a nickel on the ground and everyone would stop and stare at me. I’d go “fine” and then dive on the ground and grab the nickel.

Go look at the car default rates.

That’s the canary in the coal mine.

We just have to disagree.

I’m not ageist. I really hope everyone can afford their homes. Because if they can’t and the economy turns, it’s going to hurt everyone. Massively.

Let me say it again in case you missed it: I hope I’m wrong.
I just find it funny the only reasoning you think your neighbors can't afford their lifestyle is because they're young and people overspend in general so you assume since they are spending money on things you can't afford it's not that they're doing better financially it's that they're either getting help or living beyond their means. Without even chatting with your neighbors, maybe finding out about them you're just assuming it's them not you is what you're saying correct?

Dimes, Quarters? All you have to do is bend over and pick them up. Unlimited supply.
It's an easy yes. Find a way to do it efficiently, then sell your nickel picking up way to fortune book, have commercials on xm and late night television. Do rags to riches interviews. Maybe even put out a vhs or two.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I just find it funny the only reasoning you think your neighbors can't afford their lifestyle is because they're young and people overspend in general so you assume since they are spending money on things you can't afford it's not that they're doing better financially it's that they're either getting help or living beyond their means. Without even chatting with your neighbors, maybe finding out about them you're just assuming it's them not you is what you're saying correct?
Do me a favor and please find where I reference my neighbor(s).

Because I looked all over and can only find references to my friends or close friends.

Instead of putting words in my mouth and then attacking me, why don’t you go ahead and confront the older neighbor who you feel is talking down to you?

The reason I ask is because I see neighbors building big extra garages onto their houses and think that's about 60-80 grand. Probably more nowadays.

I think I make decent money compared to most MBs. I live in a nice house. Drive 2 paid for vehicles. But I'm not building onto my house.

Which leads me back to the question, how much support does the average family get from their parents. Cuz I haven't gotten shyt.

Hell, maybe it's college. Took me years to pay for that shyt

Do me a favor and please find where I reference my neighbor(s).

Because I looked all over and can only find references to my friends or close friends.

Instead of putting words in my mouth and then attacking me, why don’t you go ahead and confront the older neighbor who you feel is talking down to you?
You literally stated in the op "Neighbors". I know why your young neighbors are building nicer things than you. You bought at the bottom and can't afford to update. They bought at the top and can afford to update. My neighbors actually like to talk and hang out. Most are older and know what I do and why I can afford the things I have. Do better than sounding like a bitter old man who's scared to interact with his neighbors and instead goes asking strangers on the internet why he's poor.

Edit: lol One username with an M is the same as every other one. My apologies.

Reactions: miketd1
You literally stated in the op "Neighbors". I know why your young neighbors are building nicer things than you. You bought at the bottom and can't afford to update. They bought at the top and can afford to update. My neighbors actually like to talk and hang out. Most are older and know what I do and why I can afford the things I have. Do better than sounding like a bitter old man who's scared to interact with his neighbors and instead goes asking strangers on the internet why he's poor.
Are you blind?

nobody's marching in support of Hamas..
Show me where they are.

There are hundreds of examples, if not thousands from across the country and in Europe. I am only assuming that you said this because you had no idea and didn't want to believe people could actually support hamas. I don't want to assume that you have seen it and are pretending like that is not what is going on. But here is one example from Philadelphia.

Wildly, it is common for our media to refrain from calling hamas, terrorists. They're referred to as militants or fighters. And in every two sided story, they take the word of hamas over Israel even though Israel provides indisputable evidence time after time. So if you're only getting your knowledge of the Israel/Arab conflicts from the mainstream media, it's understandable why you didn't think people were actually marching for hamas.

So in the streets of NYC blocks from where our towers fell and over 2,000 people died, these animals were calling for us to be killed like the jews. Also calling what hamas did, holy intifada. Which is merely an uprising against the occcupiers, not a savage, evil and gross terrorists attack against unsuspecting civilians, many from all over the world. Not just jews.

Before we feel bad for Palestinians, let's just remember who they are. They are brainwashed demons that when given the chance will kill for the idea of martyrdom. They are taught early to hate jews and infidels (like you and me) they are not all hamas but the vast majority of them support hamas. Which makes them the same evil as hamas. The top heads of hamas don't even live in Palestine. While the people they 'represent' live in hell and poverty, they live lavish lifestyles in paradises as billionaires. They steal aid, food and other goods from their own people and keep them in a state of dependence. And they convince their low IQ populace that it is the jews that are the oppressors. Palestinians are used as pawns by the Arabs and aren't even treated as humans by the very people who cry about their supposed genocide. Over 20 Muslim nations voted on taking in Palestinian refugees. Zero voted in favor of it. Egypt went as far as saying they would wage war to keep a single Palestinian from migrating to Egypt. Wonder why...

I have never passed up any coin laying on the ground. Geeze, I am cheap!

There are hundreds of examples, if not thousands from across the country and in Europe. I am only assuming that you said this because you had no idea and didn't want to believe people could actually support hamas. I don't want to assume that you have seen it and are pretending like that is not what is going on. But here is one example from Philadelphia.

Wildly, it is common for our media to refrain from calling hamas, terrorists. They're referred to as militants or fighters. And in every two sided story, they take the word of hamas over Israel even though Israel provides indisputable evidence time after time. So if you're only getting your knowledge of the Israel/Arab conflicts from the mainstream media, it's understandable why you didn't think people were actually marching for hamas.

So in the streets of NYC blocks from where our towers fell and over 2,000 people died, these animals were calling for us to be killed like the jews. Also calling what hamas did, holy intifada. Which is merely an uprising against the occcupiers, not a savage, evil and gross terrorists attack against unsuspecting civilians, many from all over the world. Not just jews.

Before we feel bad for Palestinians, let's just remember who they are. They are brainwashed demons that when given the chance will kill for the idea of martyrdom. They are taught early to hate jews and infidels (like you and me) they are not all hamas but the vast majority of them support hamas. Which makes them the same evil as hamas. The top heads of hamas don't even live in Palestine. While the people they 'represent' live in hell and poverty, they live lavish lifestyles in paradises as billionaires. They steal aid, food and other goods from their own people and keep them in a state of dependence. And they convince their low IQ populace that it is the jews that are the oppressors. Palestinians are used as pawns by the Arabs and aren't even treated as humans by the very people who cry about their supposed genocide. Over 20 Muslim nations voted on taking in Palestinian refugees. Zero voted in favor of it. Egypt went as far as saying they would wage war to keep a single Palestinian from migrating to Egypt. Wonder why...
Excellent post Ghost.

Hamas are scum terrorist. They don't deserve the air that they waste.

Oh man. I don't know how many people on this board read the Israel war thread on tMB. But nish is all on board the hamas train. I asked him if mossy knew how much he hated jews, but he never answered.
Whatever happened to the thread? shut down a few times. Those were some good times. Potatoe?

It's about to be election year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT