ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Marquette, how do those Blue Demon forked cocks taste?

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Seeing as how this strategy worked for our SCAR friends on the board, I'm giving it a shot myself.

Big game tonight. First game of the (Insert interim coach name here) tenure.

You just know DePaul is gonna come out like a house a fire. Probably have to pull the starters and put in the walk ons halfway through the 2nd half cause were stomping on their balls too much.

DePaul is a reminder that no matter what you’re going through, it can get worse.

I was visiting an old law school friend/girl friend in hospice yesterday. Very sad, only 51 years old. Was sitting with her parents for a few hours shooting the shit, haven’t seen them in about 25 years. At one point her mom was talking about what a terrible situation her daughter was going through and I said, “Could be worse, at least she’s not DePaul basketball”. They didn’t get the joke.

I was visiting an old law school friend/girl friend in hospice yesterday. Very sad, only 51 years old. Was sitting with her parents for a few hours shooting the shit, haven’t seen them in about 25 years. At one point her mom was talking about what a terrible situation her daughter was going through and I said, “Could be worse, at least she’s not DePaul basketball”. They didn’t get the joke.
Some people just have no sense of humor.

The Big East members should form a new conference and invite everyone back except DePaul; it would be a huge net gain.

And not to worry about DePaul's future. I'm sure the Atlantic 10 would at least consider adding them.

Reactions: KisteK and Deepelm
The Big East members should form a new conference and invite everyone back except DePaul; it would be a huge net gain.

And not to worry about DePaul's future. I'm sure the Atlantic 10 would at least consider adding them.

BigEast doesn't want to give up its Chicago location/market. That's the only thing keeping DePaul around these days.

BigEast doesn't want to give up its Chicago location/market. That's the only thing keeping DePaul around these days.

I think we had this conversation, but I remember DePaul being good and playing on WGN.

Totally snake bit in March though. Much like Iowa.

I often wonder what its like to win in March.

I think we had this conversation, but I remember DePaul being good and playing on WGN.

Totally snake bit in March though. Much like Iowa.

I often wonder what its like to win in March.
giphy.gif

no way, that made me a lifelong Pearl fan.

Iowa’s bad juju is because of how they disrespected the memory of Roy Marble. He’s haunting them now.

We got shut out of Chicago and Peoria because of Bruce.

All the talent that went through those cities during the 90s, we would have got a few.

Lute had left us good connections. He never wanted Iowa to lose, but Ralph Miller's wife and Lutes family hated the winters.

Reactions: all4theillini
Clicked this thread hoping to learn something ..
DePaul is sad and Iowa is too

Nothing new here

Reactions: Deepelm

There's probably merit to that.

Still can't believe that Jon Scheyer interviewed for the DePaul head coaching position a few years ago... and they hired Tony Stubblefield over him.

Still can't believe that Jon Scheyer interviewed for the DePaul head coaching position a few years ago... and they hired Tony Stubblefield over him.
I don't believe that at all. Never heard anything about Scheyer being interviewed or ever expressing interest. You got receipts?

Well, it's not as if he'd be pulling top classes at Depaul. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
I don't believe that at all. Never heard anything about Scheyer being interviewed or ever expressing interest. You got receipts?

You could also just google "Jon Scheyer DePaul" and you'll get plenty of results.

Well, it's not as if he'd be pulling top classes at Depaul. 😆

For sure. He's not getting any 5-star kids. And I'm not saying they were about to contend for a Big East Title. But, I believe Scheyer could have pulled in a few 4-star recruits. And by year 3, I'd imagine he could field a team that was competitive enough to at least be on the bubble for the tournament. But here we are, three years removed, and the hiring process starts all over again for DePaul.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Sadly, that very well could have been a deciding factor.

I hear Mike Anderson is available. He might be the man to lead DePaul back to the NIT.
naw, we're getting Jay Wright. Rumor is he quit Villanova cause he was sick of all the NIL nonsense. Don't have to worry about that at DePaul.

ADVERTISEMENT