ADVERTISEMENT

UVA Declines White House Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to borrow my way through school while people of color got to attend for free, so no I don’t think it’s the same in this country.
Anecdotal and tone-deaf. How did the racial %s of students in college compare to that of the overall population? What % of black and brown students were first generation high school graduates, let alone attending college? I'm a third generation (white) college graduate. How about you?

(YOU didn't borrow a dime.)

My white parents borrowed very little to get me through school. I personally borrowed very little to get through undergrad, as well. And I also got quite a bit of undergrad for free, just like the people of color you resent so much.

Calling me a snowflake doesn’t change the fact that I’m more successful at 30 than you are at 60. Typical liberal sucking off the governments tit.
1, that's continuing the same script he paraphrased, lol.
2, I'm 100% sure that you define "successful" in nothing but terms of money.

At 30, you're a baby, and worse, a baby who thinks he's grown. I know teenagers with more self-awareness and perspective.

what a puss. A true Liberal.
Boohoooo. I don't like your political view, Boohoooo, I'll put you on ignore LOL
There's something to be said for knowing when to turn your backs on some people. You, for example, are distinguishing yourself as little more than a troll.

I fixed that for you.
Also, sending dic pics to 15 yo girls is "sexual assault :eek:
Both sides!
You're equivocating and defending Roy Moore. Yes, you're defending Roy Moore b/c he's team hateful uberconservative, b/c you've shown no sign of defending objective principle otherwise, and you're never that concerned w/ technical accuracy otherwise.

You're making a whole lot of assumptions with nothing to base it on. Go ahead and put me on ignore pussy.
No different from claims that there are so, so many welfare cheats and that no claim of racism is ever accurate. Tell us about the nice shoes you saw on a woman using food stamps the other day.

Dattier might have his Robin.
That's pretty good. I'm not gonna "like" it b/c it could be mistaken for me thinking it's true, but it's a good line nonetheless.

THEY.
ARE.
CON-
NECT-
ED.
Nope.

No different from claims that there are so, so many welfare cheats and that no claim of racism is ever accurate. Tell us about the nice shoes you saw on a woman using food stamps the other day.
You must have me confused with someone else. Where are you getting your welfare reference from? And it is not me that says there are no accurate claims of racism. It is you that tefuses to acknowledge the many cases of false claims of racism or the downright lies of racism.

That's pretty good. I'm not gonna "like" it b/c it could be mistaken for me thinking it's true, but it's a good line nonetheless.
That dude is out there, man. Here I was thinking that you were one of a kind. He actually makes you look fair and reasonable.

Reactions: SNU0821
Depends on the parenting I guess.
And grandparenting.
And great-grandparenting.
You know when schools here in Durham integrated? Not desegregated, but truly, actively integrated? 1991. A good 20ish years after the feel good movie of the year. Ironically, that's the same year SCOTUS gave permission for schools to stop integration efforts, and they've become more segregated ever since. Tell me how old the people who went to the separate and unequal school system are now. Tell me how well they were set up to provide for their families and set them up to succeed in school. Tell me how much faith and trust they should put in a system that patted itself on the back for Brown v BOE and the Civil Rights Act, then took lawsuit after lawsuit in the following decades to get any kind of follow-through. That's the same system that created blind and brainwashed people like you who blame the same parents who fought in court for their kids to have opportunities.

Nope.

You must have me confused with someone else. Where are you getting your welfare reference from? And it is not me that says there are no accurate claims of racism. It is you that tefuses to acknowledge the many cases of false claims of racism or the downright lies of racism.
Until you recognize the continuum of white supremacy in this country and work actively to dismantle it, you'll continue to be an unwitting fool in protecting it.

The silence among you, toonces, hail, snu, and a ton of other conservatives here when one of you does mention things like that, and the instant challenge and pedantry to claims to the contrary from the left make you absolutely culpable, however much you'll try to weasel your way out of personal responsibility.

Look how you shade everything in that second quotation: you've never said there are zero instances of racism -- not zeeeeeero -- but there are MANY false cases and downright lies.

Here's a pretty good sign of privilege: If one side can acknowledge one case of racism every 3-4 years and use that as credibility in denying every other case, they're abusing privilege. If another side concedes a case of fake racism and it casts doubt on every other allegation of racism, there's no privilege. I'm perfectly aware of unfair claims of racism. I'm also aware that making concessions from a position of disadvantage is how people lose and that asking for concessions from a position of advantage is how the status quo keeps others oppressed. (See bold at beginning of my post, rinse, wash, repeat.)

Depends on a lot more than that. Picture yourself as a Vietnamese child in 1967 and let me know how parenting affected your outcome.
It really doesn’t.

There are a handful of things people have control over that will keep them out of poverty. Graduate high school. Don’t have kids before you’re married. Get a full time job. If any person does those three things they have a 99.8% if staying above poverty. But, things like parenting and culture come in to play that keep people fro hitting all three. The percent of black Americans born out of wedlock is over 70%. Good parenting can help, at a minimum, keep their kids out of poverty. That’s a good start. Not to mention, our classes are way more mobile now than they’ve ever been. It IS about personal choices. Idiots like yourself just want to blame someone else for bad decisions made. Doesn’t work that way...

I think We’ve found someone with as much white guilt as Dat which is astonishing.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Are you divorced or does your wife put up with your anger issues?
Unfortunately he’s got kids. I just hope they don’t share the same white guilt that he does. Well, I hope they don’t drip with liberal idiocy like he does. Old, dumb and liberal is no way to go through life.

Until you recognize the continuum of white supremacy in this country and work actively to dismantle it, you'll continue to be an unwitting fool in protecting it.

The silence among you, toonces, hail, snu, and a ton of other conservatives here when one of you does mention things like that, and the instant challenge and pedantry to claims to the contrary from the left make you absolutely culpable, however much you'll try to weasel your way out of personal responsibility.

Look how you shade everything in that second quotation: you've never said there are zero instances of racism -- not zeeeeeero -- but there are MANY false cases and downright lies.

Here's a pretty good sign of privilege: If one side can acknowledge one case of racism every 3-4 years and use that as credibility in denying every other case, they're abusing privilege. If another side concedes a case of fake racism and it casts doubt on every other allegation of racism, there's no privilege. I'm perfectly aware of unfair claims of racism. I'm also aware that making concessions from a position of disadvantage is how people lose and that asking for concessions from a position of advantage is how the status quo keeps others oppressed. (See bold at beginning of my post, rinse, wash, repeat.)
Say it with me Datt, there is no continuum of white supremacy. There is no institutional racism. There is no systemic racism.

You know these to be true.

And grandparenting.
And great-grandparenting.
You know when schools here in Durham integrated? Not desegregated, but truly, actively integrated? 1991. A good 20ish years after the feel good movie of the year. Ironically, that's the same year SCOTUS gave permission for schools to stop integration efforts, and they've become more segregated ever since. Tell me how old the people who went to the separate and unequal school system are now. Tell me how well they were set up to provide for their families and set them up to succeed in school. Tell me how much faith and trust they should put in a system that patted itself on the back for Brown v BOE and the Civil Rights Act, then took lawsuit after lawsuit in the following decades to get any kind of follow-through. That's the same system that created blind and brainwashed people like you who blame the same parents who fought in court for their kids to have opportunities.
Poor parenting is all inclusive and affects children of all colors, financial backgrounds, and religions. Most aspects of parenting don't cost money.

I think the most important priority is family culture and the change should start there. You think the battle is against some invisible opponent termed white supremacy and I find the most important battle starts at home.

You think making concessions when they are point blank leads to oppression? False. It shows authenticity, it shows integrity, it shows character, it shows a commitment to doing it the right way. Covering it up, excusing it, dismissing its negative impact.....it means you endorse it. You are active and readily willing to fire up the excuse train when it doesn't fit your narrative, but bark like a chihuahua when the slightest hint of anyone else does the same. Honestly, you have many of the same habits our president does when faced with evidence that is damning.

Who gave me this privilege that I am abusing?

Calling me a snowflake doesn’t change the fact that I’m more successful at 30 than you are at 60. Typical liberal sucking off the governments tit.

Aren’t you a radiographer? I paid more in taxes last year than you make.

Also, lol at borrowing money for college. You basically went to a community college.

Not gonna lie Sev, this post makes you look like a twat.
That is kind of the point. I’m posting exactly as he does. Pointing out you are in a better place than another doesn’t give your opinions more weight as there is always a bigger swinger dick. I want him to now shift his argument.

Another uninformed or stupid liberal. Not sure which one I would choose.

Keep making shit up to further your agenda.

What a sad person you are.

Means I’m smart enough to pay attention and remember. Whereas here and probably IRL, you remain lost and clueless.

You’re not even a regular here and you (think) know my field and school? I don’t think I’ve ever seen seen you. That’s a bit creepy but stat woke I guess.

Sometimes you gotta let your nuts hang!
@hailtoyourvictor @Sevro
fc68e6bcc8e27fe11177a5c13cfa9c80.jpg

Reactions: toonces11
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT