ADVERTISEMENT

UVA Declines White House Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't try to do real talk with me when every other post is going to be a dismissive "Yawn." Exercise some self-control, consistency, and respect if you expect to have a serious discussion with me.
I didnt perceive your post as serious post but more so as something to get a rise out of people. It was pretty clear, too. That’s why I posted the response.

But again, why are you arguing with @toonces11 about what you think he would or would not do? You honestly can’t have any real idea what someone other than yourself would or wouldn’t do.

...TO FOLLOW POLITICS... which by your own admission, you don't.
Do you understand the context of, "TO NOT follow something"? I don't follow politics as in---I couldn't tell you a damn thing about Left wing this, or right wing that....The "ins and outs"....The jargon...the slang. A left winged liberal to me, sounds like a bird from Canada---Not a politician. I don't follow THAT aspect of it. Kinda of like, well someone who doesn't follow CBB, YET,can understand there's a shit storm coming.

This shouldn't be that difficult of a concept for someone of your proposed education to understand.

This is again a different discussion when talking about an individual than when talking about wide-reaching trends. Individually, chant "personal responsibility, personal responsibility" all day long. For trends, we have to investigate what external conditions have influenced them, because it isn't coincidence.

I've been over all of this before.
Nothing you said addressed my response. And it makes no sense.

Reactions: SNU0821
Nah. I would love to but with the kids and everything it is tough. I still watch at least some of all their games though. Rough start but they are turning it around a bit. Hate the setback for Wood though.
I get tix all the time. FREE.. If you ever wanna come up to Cncy, give a holler. And yes, the deal with Wood sucks.

You seemingly are never able to "see" both sides of the argument. But yet now, you want someone else to?
hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

I didnt perceive your post as serious post but more so as something to get a rise out of people. It was pretty clear, too. That’s why I posted the response.

But again, why are you arguing with @toonces11 about what you think he would or would not do? You honestly can’t have any real idea what someone other than yourself would or wouldn’t do.
Because he can't even get through his holier-than-thou hypothetical claim without giving away his bias, calling our last President "barry" and not even capitalizing it.

Because he can't even get through his holier-than-thou hypothetical claim without giving away his bias, calling our last President "barry" and not even capitalizing it.
Maybe he doesn’t respect Obama or the job he did. And based on your logic, by not doing so would be showing respect to the office but not the man. Plus, I’ve seen plenty of people not call the president by his name and call him names. Better not hold my breath to wait and see you call them out...

Nothing you said addressed my response. And it makes no sense.
You said people are responsible for their own quality of life.
If you're talking to one person, that's an appropriate message.
If you're still pushing that message when talking about an epidemic, it's refusing to acknowledge and address other contributing factors.
It's like suggesting someone blow out a single candle, then suggesting the same thing for putting out a forest fire.

We've been over this repeatedly.

You seemingly are never able to "see" both sides of the argument. But yet now, you want someone else to?
Both sides! Gotta see both sides!

I refuse to equivocate. Both sides aren't equal, and pretending they are only favors the status quo. It's the same reason I won't humor people like hail when they want to withhold acknowledging oppression until I first acknowledge that some empowered, privileged group has been treated badly that one time.

Maybe he doesn’t respect Obama or the job he did. And based on your logic, by not doing so would be showing respect to the office but not the man. Plus, I’ve seen plenty of people not call the president by his name and call him names. Better not hold my breath to wait and see you call them out...
Point it out and tag me next time a liberal claims they would respect both equally while calling one "President Barack Obama" and the other "donny dump-in-pants (not MY president!)."

I refuse to equivocate. Both sides aren't equal, and pretending they are only favors the status quo. It's the same reason I won't humor people like hail when they want to withhold acknowledging oppression until I first acknowledge that some empowered, privileged group has been treated badly that one time.
Part of the problem right here. Perfect example, really.

I don't think both sides are equal. I think the right has a better thought for the country than the left. However, I am more than willing to give credit where it’s due even if it’s from someone on the left. That’s the big difference between normal people and hardcore partisan people.

Part of the problem right here. Perfect example, really.

I don't think both sides are equal. I think the right has a better thought for the country than the left. However, I am more than willing to give credit where it’s due even if it’s from someone on the left. That’s the big difference between normal people and hardcore partisan people.
I've not seen the slightest evidence of that from you.

We're not talking about policy here, either. No one is claiming President Trump is disrespecting the office of the President based on strict policy. The tipping point is his indefensible personal behavior and the divisive, hateful tone he has poisoned this country with.

In other words, you refuse to see both sides of an argument...Which is exactly what I said.

tenor.gif

I've not seen the slightest evidence of that from you.

We're not talking about policy here, either. No one is claiming President Trump is disrespecting the office of the President based on strict policy. The tipping point is his indefensible personal behavior and the divisive, hateful tone he has poisoned this country with.
Did earlier today when I said that Obama gets part of the credit for where the economy is. So, either you’re lying purposefully or you are uninformed of my posts.

Agree to disagree on the second part. I think Obama did as much damage to the country with his rhetoric as Trump has.

Reactions: kl40504
You said people are responsible for their own quality of life.
If you're talking to one person, that's an appropriate message.
If you're still pushing that message when talking about an epidemic, it's refusing to acknowledge and address other contributing factors.
It's like suggesting someone blow out a single candle, then suggesting the same thing for putting out a forest fire.

We've been over this repeatedly.
What is it that we have been over repeatedly? You aren't being clear with any point you are trying to make.

What is the epidemic you are speaking of that has to do with each person being in control of their quality of life? Life is what you make it. Your choices are in your control. This world is full of influences, good and bad. At the end of the day, you have weak people who give into bad influences and you have strong people who choose to not give in and follow good influences. This may sound insulting towards the people who have made poor choices, but it is a fact. None of that really has anything to do with the president.

What is it that we have been over repeatedly? You aren't being clear with any point you are trying to make.
The difference between individual circumstances and circumstances affecting society.
If you're talking to one person about what a mess their life is, focus on their personal choices and what they can do individually.
If you're talking to 1000 people about how all of their lives are messed up in the exact same way, having the same conversation 1000 times is a waste of time and effort. You have to consider the circumstances beyond the control of the individual.

I can keep giving examples all day. I won't, but I could. I suspect the time it has taken to type all the previous examples I've given over the years would amount to a full work day, at least. If you still think it's not clear, I think that's your conscious, predetermined choice.

and the divisive, hateful tone he has poisoned this country with.
Are you talking about barry O when he said something like "if I had a son", or when barry was outraged over Mike Brown and basically, encouraged riots. Every time a black guy was shot by the police, barry mugged on TV , with Eric Holder speaking against the police. 7 whites were killed during the same time period, barry never mugged for tv denouncing those police killings.
Now tell us again what President encouraged a divisive and hateful tone ? "Both sides! Gotta see both sides!"

I don’t mean for this to sound too harsh, but nobody believes you. We’ve read your posts above that you refuse to see the other side. Your own words speak for themselves.
I'm really, really good with words. You know it's true. It's a skill I have. I don't know a thing about finance. Words, I know. I've learned over the years how to anticipate the flak I'd get here and tailor my words to minimize that. So yes, my words do speak for themselves, but that's not what you're responding to. You're responding to what you want them to mean so that you can dismiss them more easily. Classic straw man.

And here we are full circle: You chastise me for daring assume what toonces would or wouldn't do, then turn around and say you don't believe me.

At least the in-seasons are all different.

Both sides aren't equal, and pretending they are only favors the status quo. .
When have both sides of anything, ever been equal? Its a fallacy this country and society have pushed for 200+ years. "All men are created equal",is the biggest lie ever told. YET,we try to support an argument with it.

Why?

I wan't born with the equality of someone born with Royal blood. Or someone born into money. Or someone born into fame....My last name isn't Kennedy.

From Day one of this country's existence---"Equality" has been non-existent. Yet its pushed in every argument,ever made.

Are you talking about barry O when he said something like "if I had a son", or when barry was outraged over Mike Brown and basically, encouraged riots. Every time a black guy was shot by the police, barry mugged on TV , with Eric Holder speaking against the police. 7 whites were killed during the same time period, barry never mugged for tv denouncing those police killings.
Now tell us again what President encouraged a divisive and hateful tone ? "Both sides! Gotta see both sides!"
None of that bears any resemblance to the truth and there is no point in trying to explain or argue it with someone who would claim it.

The difference between individual circumstances and circumstances affecting society.
If you're talking to one person about what a mess their life is, focus on their personal choices and what they can do individually.
If you're talking to 1000 people about how all of their lives are messed up in the exact same way, having the same conversation 1000 times is a waste of time and effort. You have to consider the circumstances beyond the control of the individual.

I can keep giving examples all day. I won't, but I could. I suspect the time it has taken to type all the previous examples I've given over the years would amount to a full work day, at least. If you still think it's not clear, I think that's your conscious, predetermined choice.
The quality of someone's life is a case by case, individual by individual situation. I clearly stated in my first response that you make the best out of what you have and rise above the things out of your control. Your choices are in your control. Be strong, not weak. Again. How is your quality of life affected by who the president is?

Wrong. I hear and see just fine. I refuse to respect them equally when it is not deserved.
Really? There is a difference in respecting a stance,opposed to acknowledging a problem. You do understand this, right? Both sides can be right, while also being wrong. This is something I don't think you understand, nor accept.

I don’t mean for this to sound too harsh, but nobody believes you. We’ve read your posts above that you refuse to see the other side. Your own words speak for themselves.

None of that bears any resemblance to the truth and there is no point in trying to explain or argue it with someone who would claim it.
SNU0821 called it. Right on cue!

We're not talking about every other time. We're talking about now, when the inequality is expanding at a record pace.
Of course it is. Its been a problem that has been ignored since the existence of this country. When you let a water leak go unattended,don't become surprised when you have a flood.

Edit: I just read your post a tad better. "Inequality is spreading at a record pace"? How so.

I'm really, really good with words. You know it's true. It's a skill I have. I don't know a thing about finance. Words, I know. I've learned over the years how to anticipate the flak I'd get here and tailor my words to minimize that. So yes, my words do speak for themselves, but that's not what you're responding to. You're responding to what you want them to mean so that you can dismiss them more easily. Classic straw man.

And here we are full circle: You chastise me for daring assume what toonces would or wouldn't do, then turn around and say you don't believe me.

At least the in-seasons are all different.
I said I dont believe based on your own words. You’re making assumptions on what Toonces will or won’t do, not based on his direct words. I’m referring to your statement that you won’t hear both sides. You refuse. Toonces said nothing of the sort to get you to the conclusion you wish for him.

The problem is, this President doesn't respect the office. Everything is all about him, the person, by his own choices. Ironically, respecting the office of the President can take the form of refusing to respect the man dishonoring it.
Another snowflake.

You don't follow politics and you can't recall another President who endured this type of behavior? Yeah, shocking, that.

President Obama endured far more of it because he actually endured. President Trump throws a temper tantrum over the slightest shade from D-list celebrities. That's not "enduring" anything.

And talk about triggered snowflakes, look at the pearl-clutching over UVa's decision. They say "No, thanks"; Trump supporters scream and wail about it... and somehow it's UVa who represents the triggered???
Sweet. I am sure Obama to you was the best President ever. I am sure Iran would agree with you.

Trump supporters think the economy has suddenly rocketed off into uncharted Territory.
annual-gdp-growth-of-the-united-states-since-1990.jpg
How many people do you know that can't find a job? That is the reality. You can make charts and graphs all you want but the facts are the facts unless you watch and listen to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT