ADVERTISEMENT

UVA Declines White House Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't follow politics, so you have no legitimate basis for making these comparisons.

President Obama faced obstruction until the day he left office and it got worse as his administration went on. President Trump's unprecedentedly disgraceful personal conduct has earned him every bit of resistance and lack of respect he has received.

Rejecting the invitation of a man who is disrespecting his office is actually a show of respect for the office.
It could be, if you were the first to do it. After that, the message is lost. I can see the value of a superstar declining the invite for Obama or trump, but they only steal memories from themselves imo. I didn’t agree with Obama’s style, but I’d shake his hand bc he is the most powerful man in the world, just like I would shake trumps hand....which I don’t agree w his style. I don’t get a **** about the individual politics—-bc I equally hate a portion of the aboves viewpoints. But to skip that opportunity bc I think it sends a message——nope. I hypothetically earned the trip and experience. I’m going. Do I try to relay my opinion to Obama or trump —not unless they request my opinion. I enjoy the experience and focus on what my team accomplished.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Trump is really good at stirring up his base. His base says they love merica' but he gets them to hate portions of it. And he's good at it. And he's 90% bullshit. He doesn't read, he can't spell, he loves hamberders, and he loves to label people with derogatory adjectives. He has no regard for the constitution. He tells his hires to lie.... he's just not a good person. He keeps saying he's under audit, which is another lie he continues with. But that's his mo, lie and keep on lying. He was taught that by his father. His base will believe it. As a citizen, I would want the man vetted as much as possible. If he has more skeletons in his closet, they need to be flushed out.

Recently in Wisconsin, more lies spewed in his rally. The mother and doctor are murders when discussing abortion. More shit to rile up his followers.....

His followers are definitely being filled with hate by scare tactics and bold faced lies.

And just to qualify, if he belonged to any party, he'ld still be a complete ass IMO.

Reactions: Sevro
I’m a better person than to support bigotry running the country. Not even a Democrat ... just anyone that’s not a bigot like trump
Trump is not a bigot. Most folks are not bigots.

Calling someone that is done because you fail to come up with any real justification for your opposition to them.

Trump is really good at stirring up his base. His base says they love merica' but he gets them to hate portions of it. And he's good at it. And he's 90% bullshit. He doesn't read, he can't spell, he loves hamberders, and he loves to label people with derogatory adjectives. He has no regard for the constitution. He tells his hires to lie.... he's just not a good person. He keeps saying he's under audit, which is another lie he continues with. But that's his mo, lie and keep on lying. He was taught that by his father. His base will believe it. As a citizen, I would want the man vetted as much as possible. If he has more skeletons in his closet, they need to be flushed out.

Recently in Wisconsin, more lies spewed in his rally. The mother and doctor are murders when discussing abortion. More shit to rile up his followers.....

His followers are definitely being filled with hate by scare tactics and bold faced lies.

And just to qualify, if he belonged to any party, he'ld still be a complete ass IMO.

MSNBC watcher.jumpingsmile

I’m sorry. Should I say grab trump by the p*ssy then ? Or one of the other disrespectful things he’s said in the last so many years?

The world has already become a internet shit fest thanks to him coining fake news..

PS. Not a dem nor conservative but it’s hilarious you want respect for him but never showed it for O’bama
I am conservative and I sure as hell respected Obama; however, I was opposed to Obama's economic policies because he wanted to grow the government and he did.

So far Trump has got our economy going good. He basically has done or tried to do what he said he would.

Apparently Trump has cost you your job, ruined your investments and basically pissed in your lunch box. Vote against him, but drop the PS stuff that you are not a dem or conservative. Tell the truth.

That's anecdotal. When President Obama lowered the unemployment rate, y'all misused legitimate points about people's leaving the job market and low-level job creation to dismiss it entirely. Now there's approval without reservation of similar surface-level gains under President Trump.
His post wasn’t worth responding to. He has no knowledge of the subject whatsoever. Just let him spew his nonsense.

Weird some calling others sensitive when they’re triggered by a team declining an invite from President McChicken. Some serious snowflake ish right there, not surprised though.

Reactions: brooky03
Prove it...
KKGx3UV.png

At least you admit America collectively made the right choice.
Either way was a bad choice.... You got that multiple choice question wrong.... The correct answer was C... none of the above...

America collectively got it wrong. A lot of the collective realized they f'ed up while the remaining simply find that ignorance is bliss. But I personally find that disturbing in a dark comedy kind of way.

Speaking of dark comedies, I never saw Snatch. Watched it last night and it was hilarious.

I am conservative and I sure as hell respected Obama; however, I was opposed to Obama's economic policies because he wanted to grow the government and he did.

So far Trump has got our economy going good. He basically has done or tried to do what he said he would.

Apparently Trump has cost you your job, ruined your investments and basically pissed in your lunch box. Vote against him, but drop the PS stuff that you are not a dem or conservative. Tell the truth.

And he stole the jelly out of my donut, that bastard. You can't stick a feather up his ass and call him a chicken....

Either way was a bad choice.... You got that multiple choice question wrong.... The correct answer was C... none of the above...

America collectively got it wrong. A lot of the collective realized they f'ed up while the remaining simply find that ignorance is bliss. But I personally find that disturbing in a dark comedy kind of way.

Speaking of dark comedies, I never saw Snatch. Watched it last night and it was hilarious.
Speak for yourself man. I think the country got it right. I'll take it a step further and say that based on what we've seen from the Dems 2020 presidential candidates, I think Trump is gonna win again because the policies (or lack thereof) are so bad that it makes Trump again look like a good option.

You don't follow politics and you can't recall another President who endured this type of behavior? Yeah, shocking, that.

President Obama endured far more of it

lol you don't actually believe that, do you? Not even in the same stratosphere.

Positive Assessments:
42%- Obama
27%- Clinton
22%- Bush
5%- Trump

Negative Assessments:
62%- Trump
28%- Clinton
28%- Bush
20%- Obama

Speak for yourself man. I think the country got it right. I'll take it a step further and say that based on what we've seen from the Dems 2020 presidential candidates, I think Trump is gonna win again because the policies (or lack thereof) are so bad that it makes Trump again look like a good option.
I was thinking that Harris would have the best chance until now. I don't think her call to do away with the right to work states is going to go over well with a lot of people.

What the heck do you smoke? His numbers are better than 2016 in left leaning polls. His policies are support and have been great for the country the only reason anyone doesn’t like him is he hurt there feelings. Anyone that says otherwise is lying

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT