ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

Kentucky is looking for a big and a guard from the portal. I believe the big is contingent on what Oyenso does. He wants to come back, but its not going to be his decision ut Klutch's. Also probably waiting on seeing what Dillingham does.

Kentucky has reached out to include Washington State wing TJ Bamba, Oregon center Kel’el Ware, Wyoming center Graham and, Olivier Nkamhoua.

I think Dickerson would fit right in allowing Bradshaw to primarily be a 4. This would give us a lot of scoring threats.

Kentucky is looking for a big and a guard from the portal. I believe the big is contingent on what Oyenso does. He wants to come back, but its not going to be his decision ut Klutch's. Also probably waiting on seeing what Dillingham does.

Kentucky has reached out to include Washington State wing TJ Bamba, Oregon center Kel’el Ware, Wyoming center Graham and, Olivier Nkamhoua.

I think Dickerson would fit right in allowing Bradshaw to primarily be a 4. This would give us a lot of scoring threats.
Livingston is represented by Klutch, but I don't think Onyneso is. He has other handlers running the show though.

Max Abmas, LJ Cryer, and Tramon Mark have entered the portal. Whoa! Portal is going bananas this offseason!
Damn, that’s insane besides Abmas. He needs to prove himself at a real school. the other two were about to be handed the keys to the team next year, don’t understand that one at all.

Reactions: dukedevilz
WTF you babbling about now?
How much fun I am having in retirement at 55.

Actually that kids are giving up scholarships to transfer when there is no guarantee of a school to go to. So they lose their scholarships and flip burgers and bitch about min wage.

Actually that kids are giving up scholarships to transfer when there is no guarantee of a school to go to. So they lose their scholarships and flip burgers and bitch about min wage.
You don’t think these three will find a new school?

Reactions: KisteK

Retired at 55----Ok. And?

How many kids you know that enter the portal,that end up not playing? My guess is------ZERO.

Do you really think Caleb Love is not gonna find a place to play? Or Graham Ike? Or LJ Cryer?

Sheeesh.

How many kids you know that enter the portal,that end up not playing? My guess is------ZERO.

Do you really think Caleb Love is not gonna find a place to play? Or Graham Ike? Or LJ Cryer?

Sheeesh.

He’s like that girl starving for attention, look at me!!! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden

Sheeesh.
Working my 6 hdcp down.

And I was speaking kids in general. How many kids are in the portal and how many schollies are available.

And all this attention is flattering. So many working to make disparaging comments or act like I don’t know what I am speaking of. 😂😂😂😂

Working my 6 hdcp down.

And I was speaking kids in general. How many kids are in the portal and how many schollies are available.

And all this attention is flattering. So many working to make disparaging comments or act like I don’t know what I am speaking of. 😂😂😂😂
"how many kids are in the portal, and how many schollies are available"?

IS this a serious question?

Lot of kids who don’t value an education.

Nah. Close to 100% of the kids transferring want 1 of 2 things:

1. Play for a better team

or

2. Have a larger role on a new squad

Sheeesh.

With all of the COVID Super Seniors it does happen quite a bit, actually. Some guys enter the portal and don't find a home, at least among the D1 ranks. Some guys have to transfer down to DII, DIII, or JUCO.

Damn, that’s insane besides Abmas. He needs to prove himself at a real school. the other two were about to be handed the keys to the team next year, don’t understand that one at all.

Yeah, I don't understand it myself. You're likely going to be the top dog on a top 25 squad and you transfer?

As far as Abmas, he's certainly had a decorated career, most notably a 3x Honorable Mention All-American - and leading Oral Roberts to the Sweet 16. He should be able to play anywhere he wants.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Abmas, but he looked horrible when he played against Duke. Coughed the ball up several times. Forced shots. And Jeremy Roach blew by him 3-4 times like he was a big-man caught in ball screens. He really looked like a mid-major player against us. Don't want to indict him after that performance, but I was very much not impressed. He'll be an interesting one to follow, to see if he can have similar success when he likely transfers up.

Nah. Close to 100% of the kids transferring want 1 of 2 things:

1. Play for a better team

or

2. Have a larger role on a new squad

With all of the COVID Super Seniors it does happen quite a bit, actually. Some guys enter the portal and don't find a home, at least among the D1 ranks. Some guys have to transfer down to DII, DIII, or JUCO.
If they don't finda home, end up in D2 or what not, there is a reason for that. Lack of schoalrships is not one of them.

"how many kids are in the portal, and how many schollies are available"?

IS this a serious question?
So you think if there are 500 kids in the portal, there are 500 schollies available to them.

Really?? Is that a serious thought you have?

Portal is not slowing down anytime soon.

Alabama's Jaden Bradley and Hofstra's Aaron Estrada (20 ppg, 5 reb, 4 ast) are two of the newest portal additions.

• Wow
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
You keep forgetting that 3rd reason why players enter the portal

Haha yeah, you're right. It's going to take a while for that to sink in.

So, Filipowski should announce his intentions later this week, possibly Thursday. Don't know if that will impact Shedrick, as Flip is almost entirely utilized as a 4. But, only 80 minutes between the 4/5 spots. I'm expecting Flip to stay one more year.

Reactions: jhmossy
Haha yeah, you're right. It's going to take a while for that to sink in.

So, Filipowski should announce his intentions later this week, possibly Thursday. Don't know if that will impact Shedrick, as Flip is almost entirely utilized as a 4. But, only 80 minutes between the 4/5 spots. I'm expecting Flip to stay one more year.

Yeah Duke is gonna be loaded next year and UVA might not even be able to field a team. If UVA finishes ahead of Duke in ACC standings next year, Scheyer should have to quit.

Yeah Duke is gonna be loaded next year and UVA might not even be able to field a team. If UVA finishes ahead of Duke in ACC standings next year, Scheyer should have to quit.

Do people expect Beekman to stay in the draft? And how has Dante Harris been in practice? If Beekman comes back, and if Harris is relatively reliable, you guys should be fine.

McNeely, Dunn, Bond, and Gertrude might have larger roles than some were expecting, but you're talking about 4-star recruits. There's enough talent to make the tournament. UVA just needs to add a few big men into the mix.

Reactions: jhmossy
A few more notable names have entered the portal this afternoon...

David Jones, St. John's
Avery Anderson, Oklahoma State
Efton Reid, Gonzaga

Do people expect Beekman to stay in the draft? And how has Dante Harris been in practice? If Beekman comes back, and if Harris is relatively reliable, you guys should be fine.

McNeely, Dunn, Bond, and Gertrude might have larger roles than some were expecting, but you're talking about 4-star recruits. There's enough talent to make the tournament. UVA just needs to add a few big men into the mix.

I’m obviously holding off judgment until we have a full roster. I don’t see Beekman getting a first round guarantee but he might perform well enough to risk it. Harris is gonna be good for us. Hopefully he can improve his shot. I l actually love the rest of the roster. Taine Murray might be the only guy I don’t think is an ACC level player but he’s shown flashes. Buchanan should be really good as a big man for us too. But freshman bigs don’t usually play much for Bennett. I just worry we’ll bring in transfer bigs and then guys like Buchanan will just enter the portal lol

I’m obviously holding off judgment until we have a full roster. I don’t see Beekman getting a first round guarantee but he might perform well enough to risk it. Harris is gonna be good for us. Hopefully he can improve his shot. I l actually love the rest of the roster. Taine Murray might be the only guy I don’t think is an ACC level player but he’s shown flashes. Buchanan should be really good as a big man for us too. But freshman bigs don’t usually play much for Bennett. I just worry we’ll bring in transfer bigs and then guys like Buchanan will just enter the portal lol

At least you have competent guards to rely on next season. If a team falls apart, it usually starts with the guard play.

No idea who's reaching out to Olivier Nkamhoua, but I could see him fitting in UVA's style. And for good measure, you should probably target Josh Cohen. A Jewish big that's averaging 22 and 8 for St. Francis.

A few more notable names have entered the portal this afternoon...

David Jones, St. John's
Avery Anderson, Oklahoma State
Efton Reid, Gonzaga
Really looking forward to what the St. John's roster ends up looking like. All 4 guards from last year in portal.

ADVERTISEMENT