ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

Not a transfer but news that possibly affects next year’s roster. If he stays in the draft, we could be Dave Leitao UVA bad next year

Not a transfer but news that possibly affects next year’s roster. If he stays in the draft, we could be Dave Leitao UVA bad next year

No worries. I got you. Just go after 5 ACC guys. They already know UVA's style.

Joe Girard
Caleb Love
Caleb Mills
Justin McKoy (returning)
Roosevelt Wheeler

Between Girard-Love-Mills, there should be at least 4 shots available for the rest of the team.

• Haha
Reactions: GE Nole and jhmossy
Not on on3 to get an explanation on Nkamhoua but it isn't shocking, just expected him to leave instead of portal. Not sure what Olivier is seeking but TN would rather find a portal guy, they need them to leave as they're near the scholarship limit also. I won't miss him, has always been inconsistent and relatively soft as a post and rebounder. Very athletic and can shoot decent though.

Last edited:
Numari Burnette to Michigan.
Hate to see him go, but he wasn't starting, but getting 15 min or so per game.
Elite defender, but never really established himself offensively. Hope he does well with
his new team.

@jhmossy What do you think of Shedrick?

Good but not elite athlete. Solid defender but tendency to foul, particularly on the hedges. Pretty good shot blocker and rim runner though. You can definitely use him in some screen and roll action. However, he doesn't really have any post moves so his offense is limited and you can't really run any offense through him. Rumor is he wanted to transfer out last year but parents asked him to stick it out. Lost minutes to Vander Plas when Bennett went small and really only got back in when Vander Plas got hurt. I think Bennett mismanaged him though. He should have played a lot more this year than he did.

Reactions: GE Nole
Good but not elite athlete. Solid defender but tendency to foul, particularly on the hedges. Pretty good shot blocker and rim runner though. You can definitely use him in some screen and roll action. However, he doesn't really have any post moves so his offense is limited and you can't really run any offense through him. Rumor is he wanted to transfer out last year but parents asked him to stick it out. Lost minutes to Vander Plas when Bennett went small and really only got back in when Vander Plas got hurt. I think Bennett mismanaged him though. He should have played a lot more this year than he did.

Is he laterally quick enough to defend on the perimeter? Hamilton is obsessed with switching 1-5 these days, no matter how often our opponents just hunt to get guys like Naheem in a switch and then blow by him.

Is he laterally quick enough to defend on the perimeter? Hamilton is obsessed with switching 1-5 these days, no matter how often our opponents just hunt to get guys like Naheem in a switch and then blow by him.

I think he’d have a lot of difficulty with your switching defense

As expected, Isaac Traudt to Creighton. If Kaluma goes pro, it wouldn't be surprising if Traudt started from day one.

Also, Tyler Nickel to Virginia Tech. I think Nickel is someone UNC wished they had around. I believe he will be a double-digit scorer by his junior season.

Last edited:
As expected, Isaac Traudt to Creighton. Kaluma is expected to go pro, so it wouldn't be surprising if he started from day one.

Also, Tyler Nickel to Virginia Tech. I think Nickel is someone UNC wished they had around. I believe he will be a double-digit scorer by his junior season.

Neither of those is surprising. I hope Traudt's girlfriend cheated on him while he was at UVA.

As expected, Isaac Traudt to Creighton. If Kaluma goes pro, it wouldn't be surprising if Traudt started from day one.

I predict Nickel will torch us at least 3 times during his career.

I keep hearing that Kaluma might go pro, but he shoots under 30% from 3. He does other things very well, but is there a big need for players at his size and current skill set at the next level?

Franklin for UVA declaring for draft

At least I can take comfort in knowing the national media will be pushing the “UVA is young” narrative that they kindly do for Duke every year

He's right. It will be impossible for the NCAA to deny a waiver based on mental health status. All a player has to do is go see a doctor once and say he has depression/anxiety or whatever and that's that (even if he doesn't). The NCAA isn't going to deny that because the first time they do and someone ends up committing suicide their asses will be burned at the stake and they know that.

Reactions: tw3301
He's right. It will be impossible for the NCAA to deny a waiver based on mental health status. All a player has to do is go see a doctor once and say he has depression/anxiety or whatever and that's that (even if he doesn't). The NCAA isn't going to deny that because the first time they do and someone ends up committing suicide their asses will be burned at the stake and they know that.
I'm going to try this at work.

I predict Nickel will torch us at least 3 times during his career.

He's going to be a good one. Huge loss. Sad that you can't really develop a bench nowadays. There's only so many minutes to go around. And if guys aren't seeing the court, they aren't going to wait. For this reason, I think the ceiling for most teams has been lowered.

I keep hearing that Kaluma might go pro, but he shoots under 30% from 3. He does other things very well, but is there a big need for players at his size and current skill set at the next level?

Yeah, I'm with you. I think he needs to develop his shot more. And I searched several mock drafts and didn't see his name anywhere. But, I believe he was talked about last summer as a potential first rounder.

The part that gets me, though, is why does someone like Jeremy Sochan go in the top 10 of the draft? He's not exactly a knock-down shooter himself. He's great on ball-screens, and can effectively guard 1-5. But, he's not stretching the defense out.

So yeah, after reviewing Kaluma a little more, I'm inclined to say he'll likely come back. He's also a bit of a tweener. Would he play the 3 or 4 in the NBA? Sochan is clearly a 4.

Reactions: englandnu
Hunter Dickinson is the only player to ever enter the portal where I'd be tempted to say he might actually go on social media and say, "April Fools!"

Reactions: tw3301
I really liked him as a prospect but I don’t think he ever fixed some of the issues he needed to. Still a solid pickup for someone.
Yeah, I thought he would develop more offensively as far as driving and finishing at the rim. Idk what Gonzaga really asked him to do though.

ADVERTISEMENT