ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kansas Expected to Face "Multiple Major NCAA Violations"

They don't have to "pin violations directly on him". As head coach he is responsible for what goes on in his program. That's why the NOA says "the head coach knew or should have known".
The Charges will not stick. Watch and learn. the NCAA is growing weaker as a punitive Organization every day. I am content to see Coach take them to court.

They don't have to "pin violations directly on him". As head coach he is responsible for what goes on in his program. That's why the NOA says "the head coach knew or should have known".
In Court - I am afraid they do. These are accusations that had better have direct and incontrovertible evidence against Coach Self. He will take the NCAA to court and make mincemeat. The NCAA as soon as California and the other States get done making laws to allow for Athletes remunerations will either change their tune or become obsolete.

The Charges will not stick. Watch and learn. the NCAA is growing weaker as a punitive Organization every day. I am content to see Coach take them to court.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I have no way of knowing and neither do you. You can say they are getting weaker, but that doesn't make it so. Are they dirty and corrupt? Most likely in my opinion. Also, court is a different animal. Better be ready to answer some tough questions under oath.

Angry Bill gonna slap down many a hypocrite with his python dick this year.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
"PerBlair Kerkhoffof the Kansas City Star, former Adidas employee T.J. Gassnola said in federal court last year that he made payments to the families of De Sousa and former Kansas commit Billy Preston. Gassnola also said Kansas head coach Bill Self was unaware of the payments." If there is any truth in this. The NCAA will lose in any action taken with Coach Self.

Which side of the river is this publication from?
Missouri of course. This is a result of the 125 year-long rivalries between the 2 States that gave up playing each other in Athletics. BTW all of the major Papers in Kansas are owned by the KC Star, which seems counterintuitive. The 2 States hate each other enough to go into a situation where they are now trying to hurt each other by other means. This is why you should never throw out a 123-year-old Sports Rivalry.

We now know what the commentators topic for all of the KU games will be this year. Dicky V at the Champions Classic will be a drinking game.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Probably. However, the winds of change are blowing through Amateur Athletics. By the time every appeal is exhausted, the majority of the States will see the same thing California has and the NCAA will be out of luck with making these charges stick. All Coach has to do is appeal long enough. NCAA has been an embarrassment in Div1 A5 Conferences. Basketball is following suit. The time to decertify the NCAA as a punitive Organization is long past done. Their vision of Amateur Athletics is long gone. And no I do not think Coach knew anything about this. I think some Alumni and Adidas did know. The KC Star that owns most newspapers in Kansas is saying he knew nothing. I think they may know more than the NCAA.

We now know what the commentators topic for all of the KU games will be this year. Dicky V at the Champions Classic will be a drinking game.

Yep and the participants in said drinking game will be near blackout drunk within the first 10 minutes of the 1st half. Those daring to cheat death will be passed out or possibly clinically dead by halftime. Dicey game indeed.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He was making a joke....ease off the gas a bit.
Football has become more than a joke at KU as a part of our athletic pie. We are spending lots of money and time to regain a Football Program that has been lost. I am a rare bird, a KU Football Fan. It is not a suitable subject for jokes at this time. That's all.

NCAA bylaw 11.1.1.1 states that a "head coach is presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach. The head coach will be held accountable for violations in the program unless he or she can rebut the presumption of responsibility."

Under NCAA rules, a head coach can receive a show-cause order and be suspended up to an entire season for Level I violations and up to half a season for Level II violations. The length of the suspension is determined by the Committee on Infractions and depends on the "severity of the violation(s) committed, the level of the coach's involvement and any other aggravating or mitigating factors."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...51/ku-charged-lack-institutional-control-more
B5
He worked for Larry brown. At Kansas. So he has cheated, but he wasn’t dumb enough to get caught like dirty dollar bill and kurti$ townsend
I'm glad to hear a UK fan admit this! I personally don't hate him for this, it's the game that the NCAA has allowed. I think its stupid for a coach not to explore every option, if that's what everyone else is doing.

However, it's ridiculously annoying when a fanbase accepts that this is going on everywhere, but their own school.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
"PerBlair Kerkhoffof the Kansas City Star, former Adidas employee T.J. Gassnola said in federal court last year that he made payments to the families of De Sousa and former Kansas commit Billy Preston. Gassnola also said Kansas head coach Bill Self was unaware of the payments." If there is any truth in this. The NCAA will lose in any action taken with Coach Self.

Not necessarily. Townsend is Selfs responsibility too. And I guarantee you he’s dirty.

ZERO NCAA Infractions. So, no. Doesn't have to.
It's odd that I've seen multiple UK fans today agree that Self should be hammered. While claiming that the reason being is because of the "lack of institutional control" tag. While also saying that Cal is clean because of no infractions.

Denial is an amazing thing!

It's odd that I've seen multiple UK fans today agree that Self should be hammered. While claiming that the reason being is because of the "lack of institutional control" tag. While also saying that Cal is clean because of no infractions.

Denial Deflection is an amazing thing!

FIFY Winking

I believe you were one of the people this morning who went so far and quoted the rule in regards to Lack of institutional control.

Please tell me why you believe Self should get hammered by this, but Cal is clean after his teams forfeited 2 final 4s? Hoe can someone be so detail oriented that thru can be at the very top of their profession, but also dumb enough to not know what's going on under their nose?

I've said this before, but I honestly don't fault anyone for doing the same thing that their direct competitor is doing. But the hypocrisy to act like it's everyone else is seriously beneath you!

Les Miles has nothing to do with KU Basketball. What planet are you from?
Learn sarcasm.

Let me explain what he meant.
By saying Les Miles better be prepared, he's saying that the football team will bear the brunt of the sanctions since KU is a basketball school. The NCAA has a history of letting schools push the blame on women's soccer and football so the basketball team doesn't get hammered and gets to keep its clean reputation.

Get it? It was a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: djo7051
I believe you were one of the people this morning who went so far and quoted the rule in regards to Lack of institutional control.

Please tell me why you believe Self should get hammered by this, but Cal is clean after his teams forfeited 2 final 4s? Hoe can someone be so detail oriented that thru can be at the very top of their profession, but also dumb enough to not know what's going on under their nose?

I've said this before, but I honestly don't fault anyone for doing the same thing that their direct competitor is doing. But the hypocrisy to act like it's everyone else is seriously beneath you!
I have no idea if Self will get hammered by all this. I haven't given any opinions about it, and I quoted an excerpt from ESPN b/c someone said "Post season ban is all they're worried about". I would think losing Self for a season would be just as bad.

Also, I think you have me confused with someone else with your "you's" (in bold)

Last edited:
Football has become more than a joke at KU as a part of our athletic pie. We are spending lots of money and time to regain a Football Program that has been lost. I am a rare bird, a KU Football Fan. It is not a suitable subject for jokes at this time. That's all.
You still don't get it.

Maybe sit this one out. Sheesh.

I have no idea if Self will get hammered by all this. I haven't given any opinions about it, and I quoted an excerpt from ESPN b/c someone said "Post season ban is all they're worried about". I would think losing Self for a season would be just as bad.

Also, I think you have me confused with someone else with your "you's" (in bold)
Yeah, I must have combined 2 separate posts in my mind this morning. For some reason, I thought you had said more in the post I was referencing.

With all that said....can you honestly say that at no point in the past year that this thought never entered your head about even if he didn't know, it's his responsibility?

Yeah, I must have combined 2 separate posts in my mind this morning. For some reason, I thought you had said more in the post I was referencing.

With all that said....can you honestly say that at no point in the past year that this thought never entered your head about even if he didn't know, it's his responsibility?
I don't think about Self or KU much at all, however, I do recall the NCAA saying something not long ago, about how the coaches will be held accountable for actions under their watch even if they didn't know.

I'm sure if they had that rule in place when Memphis got in trouble, Calipari would have paid as well.

Have you read Gary Parris new column?

I really hate stuff like this.

I see fans of good programs sitting around like vultures looking to pick the bones of the Kansas basketball.

I don't like seeing KU in trouble with the NCAA; however, recently the NCAA has indicated that they do not go after the real cheaters. They are like the mob, pay them protection and you will not get on probation.

UNC basketball players don't have to go to class. The NCAA says that is okay. Duke players can borrow big bucks and not pay it back. The NCAA says that is okay. Georgetown can play a player who could not get into a community college. The NCAA says that is okay.

At the moment I am on KU's side. I don't want to see them go down unless they cheated. But if they cheated why should the NCAA not say that cheating at KU is okay?

The NCAA are the cheaters.

I don't think about Self or KU much at all, however, I do recall the NCAA saying something not long ago, about how the coaches will be held accountable for actions under their watch even if they didn't know.

I'm sure if they had that rule in place when Memphis got in trouble, Calipari would have paid as well.

Have you read Gary Parris new column?

Why punish KU and let Duke and UNC walk away with nothing?

The NCAA are cheats.

Bull shit.

Thomas. Nearly $100,000 in debt and it gets paid and brushed away. The NCAA would not even investigate. Wow.

Duke's 2005 title still stands.

Eyeroll

2010. I think he put something like $33,000 down in cash then got a loan for the other $67,000. Or something along those lines.

I really hate stuff like this.

I see fans of good programs sitting around like vultures looking to pick the bones of the Kansas basketball.

I don't like seeing KU in trouble with the NCAA; however, recently the NCAA has indicated that they do not go after the real cheaters. They are like the mob, pay them protection and you will not get on probation.

UNC basketball players don't have to go to class. The NCAA says that is okay. Duke players can borrow big bucks and not pay it back. The NCAA says that is okay. Georgetown can play a player who could not get into a community college. The NCAA says that is okay.

At the moment I am on KU's side. I don't want to see them go down unless they cheated. But if they cheated why should the NCAA not say that cheating at KU is okay?

The NCAA are the cheaters.
I agree...but I think we are just as guilty as the next. But, if our staff didn't take the same care and pre-cautions as the rest of our competitors than thats our fault. Im aware of how dirty recruiting is and have no doubt my school has rolled around in the mud. Everyone else is doing it isn't a valid excuse if your dumb enough to get caught. Lets see if our high powered legal team gets the last **** you in this.

Bull shit.

Thomas. Nearly $100,000 in debt and it gets paid and brushed away. The NCAA would not even investigate. Wow.

Duke's 2005 title still stands.

Eyeroll
Uh, they did investigate. A personal purchase by a citizen in his last semester of his senior year. Tell me Burt, logically, why would a booster or Duke buy a kid who didn’t get drafted 100k of jewelry.

Uh, they did investigate. A personal purchase by a citizen in his last semester of his senior year. Tell me Burt, logically, why would a booster or Duke buy a kid who didn’t get drafted 100k of jewelry.
My name on every post is Bert, not Burt.

Plus the purchase was in November and it was not his last semester. Did you ever go to college? The last semester of your Senior year may begin around last of December or early January.

They (the NCAA) did nothing. They allowed a Duke suggar daddy to pay it off. No problem. He got that simply because of where he went to school.

The NCAA are crooks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT