ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kansas Expected to Face "Multiple Major NCAA Violations"

Laughing Did you feel targeted? No one named you. Every fan base has that one giganic puss that is completely ate up with another team. If you relate, then that's on you.

"Throw a rock in a pack of dogs and the one that gets hit, yelps. "

I do understand you being on edge with this news.

Nah...”completely ate up with” describes the others I mentioned. Doesn’t describe me.

Even if it did, who cares? KL literally posted nothing but “Kansas/Louisville in big trouble” 600 times a day, and did you notice me or anyone else balling their eyes out? In fact, I grew to kind of like the robot.

Maybe you should ask your therapist how to deal with that Rivals poster who is “ate up with” your team?

Reactions: HRTheCard
First recruit jumping ship. Issac Mcbride has decided to drop out of KU and enroll somewhere else. He wasn't goinf to see any action at all this year and was the most likely red shirt candidate so its interesting that he is already transferring. was ranked 109 in the last ranking.

First recruit jumping ship. Issac Mcbride has decided to drop out of KU and enroll somewhere else. He wasn't goinf to see any action at all this year and was the most likely red shirt candidate so its interesting that he is already transferring. was ranked 109 in the last ranking.
Makes me wonder if the coaches told him that it looks like KU will be banned for 1 or more postseasons.

For the last 2 years I’ve felt like KU was the perfect school to make an example out of in regards to all of this nonsense and it looks like that finally might be happening.

Makes me wonder if the coaches told him that it looks like KU will be banned for 1 or more postseasons.

For the last 2 years I’ve felt like KU was the perfect school to make an example out of in regards to all of this nonsense and it looks like that finally might be happening.
Maybe just saw an opportunity to get out of his LOI. Not many 4-star recruits are going to go somewhere to sit the bench. After summer workouts maybe he didn't see himself fitting in or getting any playing time. Hell, red-shirting in basketball is almost unheard of anyway unless you're injured or a walk-on.

An “insider” at the Phog believes it’s nothing more than he and his family didn’t like his prospects for playing time and decided to move on. Who knows.

I had high hopes for him, and I expected him to be backup point this year. Has a hell of a three point shot.

Could mean that the latest recruit, Harris, is vying for more PT than expected.

An “insider” at the Phog believes it’s nothing more than he and his family didn’t like his prospects for playing time and decided to move on. Who knows.

I had high hopes for him, and I expected him to be backup point this year. Has a hell of a three point shot.

Could mean that the latest recruit, Harris, is vying for more PT than expected.
I would say it’s probably this. He was going to lose playing time to Harris and ku was most likely going to recruit over him. Best for all parties to part ways.

I would say it’s probably this. He was going to lose playing time to Harris and ku was most likely going to recruit over him. Best for all parties to part ways.

I thought he had a lot of potential. No doubt that he’s a good shooter.

Like many others, he probably doesn’t have the patience to wait a year or two to be a major contributor.

All KU has to do is tell the NCAA that they gave money to regular students to attend KU, then lawyer up and threaten to sue if they penalize them in any way. UNC proved this tactic works.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
All KU has to do is tell the NCAA that they gave money to regular students to attend KU, then lawyer up and threaten to sue if they penalize them in any way. UNC proved this tactic works.

You UK fans have UNC on the brain majorly and I love it! SmokinSmile

Oh no. Every school owes UNC a big thank you. They showed how to give the bird to the NCAA.

That we did but their problems are completely different from UNC’s. I hope none of the blue bloods get hit with any penalties and yes that’s including UK. All that does it gives fan bases ammo when pissing matches flare up. IMO College basketball is at its greatest when we’re all sanction free.

Oh no. Every school owes UNC a big thank you. They showed how to give the bird to the NCAA.
Responses like that aren't even worth replying to. Fans of every school aside from UNC (and rational UNC fans) have accepted what actually occurred.

Then you have people who "love" the fact that their school perpetrated academic fraud for decades and got away with it. I'm guessing that none of the people loving it are actually alumni.

Between UNC and UL, the difference between what happens when you do and do not cooperate seems pretty evident.

The University of Kansas Athletics program is prepared to receive allegations of rules violations from the NCAA, but so far the university has not received anything from the organization, KU Chancellor Douglas Girod said Friday.

That we did but their problems are completely different from UNC’s. I hope none of the blue bloods get hit with any penalties and yes that’s including UK. All that does it gives fan bases ammo when pissing matches flare up. IMO College basketball is at its greatest when we’re all sanction free.
Well said. I just want a level playing field.

Responses like that aren't even worth replying to. Fans of every school aside from UNC (and rational UNC fans) have accepted what actually occurred.

Then you have people who "love" the fact that their school perpetrated academic fraud for decades and got away with it. I'm guessing that none of the people loving it are actually alumni.

Between UNC and UL, the difference between what happens when you do and do not cooperate seems pretty evident.

My opinion is just that and if you think what really happened is true then the NCAA should of consulted you and others like you in rendering their decision.

The University of Kansas Athletics program is prepared to receive allegations of rules violations from the NCAA, but so far the university has not received anything from the organization, KU Chancellor Douglas Girod said Friday.

Well, that’s no longer the case. LOIC and a head coach charge.

I always find it amusing when Ku fans complain about Kentucky cheating, especially since Adolph Rupp played at Ku And Calipari was an assistant coach there for Larry Brown. Maybe they learned to how to cheat in Lawrence.
So....you do agree that Calipari cheats?

I honestly don't want yo see anything bad happen to KU, the NCAA is such a crooked organization. They don't treat everyone the same. They let their friends skate, while others get the hammer for the same thing.

Punishing KU only tells us that KU is not one of the NCAA's darlings.

The only thing I get out of it, is seeing a certain KU fan cry.
I would prefer that they actually did something to stop the widespread cheating that goes on at most schools. However, since that's probably not going to happen then they need to stop acting like it's a major rules violation! If they don't want to punish obvious infractions...then just come out and say it. That way everyone is on an even playing field.

Nothing to see here huh Mr Baracus? Newsflash. Don’t get caught.

Believe me, I'm enjoying this more than any of you. Seeing all of you act like 5-year-olds on Christmas morning is pretty hilarious.

Last edited:
I would prefer that they actually did something to stop the widespread cheating that goes on at most schools. However, since that's probably not going to happen then they need to stop acting like it's a major rules violation! If they don't want to punish obvious infractions...then just come out and say it. That way everyone is on an even playing field.
This!!!!

I feel bad for most KU fans here. Not a fan of NCAA and their over the top punishments.

Which is why I tend to stay away from making sporadic, knee-jerk, over the top statements on another team's position with the NCAA. A lot of times the finger pointing is based on speculation and hearsay, so things can go south in a hurry well before the facts are fully laid out. With KU sharing space with Duke, UK, UNC at or near the top of college basketball, should something happen in relation to possible major NCAA violations, expect the vultures to come out. For the fans of those programs facing accusations from the NCAA, taking the criticism isn't always the easiest thing but it happens.

If by chance the NCAA has new information that is crippling to KU, then so be it. If is more than enough factual information to the NOA KU received today from the NCAA to back up the NOA, nail KU to the wall. Until then, it appears as if everything being alleged is the same stack of information we heard about last year. It also sounds like KU is ready to go to war with the NCAA until a bombshell gets dropped. One way or the other, this whole ordeal will take at least 1 year to get through until any sort of punishment is handed down. Buckle up.

Reactions: RipThru
Which is why I tend to stay away from making sporadic, knee-jerk, over the top statements on another team's position with the NCAA. A lot of times the finger pointing is based on speculation and hearsay, so things can go south in a hurry well before the facts are fully laid out. With KU sharing space with Duke, UK, UNC at or near the top of college basketball, should something happen in relation to possible major NCAA violations, expect the vultures to come out. For the fans of those programs facing accusations from the NCAA, taking the criticism isn't always the easiest thing but it happens.

If by chance the NCAA has new information that is crippling to KU, then so be it. If is more than enough factual information to the NOA KU received today from the NCAA to back up the NOA, nail KU to the wall. Until then, it appears as if everything being alleged is the same stack of information we heard about last year. It also sounds like KU is ready to go to war with the NCAA until a bombshell gets dropped. One way or the other, this whole ordeal will take at least 1 year to get through until any sort of punishment is handed down. Buckle up.

Thankfully most of us don’t have to buckle up.

Agreed. Excellent post.

Lack of institutional control...oh noes!

Believe me, I'm enjoying this more than any of you. Seeing all of you act like 5-year-olds on Christmas morning is pretty hilarious.
You are enjoying the program you root for being hit with this? Liar.

So you don’t think people or organizations have been looking into these programs for years and years.

Maybe just saw an opportunity to get out of his LOI. Not many 4-star recruits are going to go somewhere to sit the bench. After summer workouts maybe he didn't see himself fitting in or getting any playing time. Hell, red-shirting in basketball is almost unheard of anyway unless you're injured or a walk-on.

I actually think this is the most likely reason McBride left.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

So you don’t think people or organizations have been looking into these programs for years and years.

It's been out there for quite some time. I think it's been widely discussed before that other people and organizations were looking into allegations. Are many surprised this is happening? Unless you've been living underneath of a rock then yes, you should be surprised. A large chunk of our fan base felt NOA were coming. We just didn't know exactly when. Do we like it? Hell no, but here we are and it's time to lay everything out.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. Derrr.

I’m enjoying the celebration in this thread. Don’t really care about the news. As I’ve said all along, the only punishment that could really bother me is a postseason ban. That’s not happening.

It's been out there for quite some time. I think it's been widely discussed before that other people and organizations were looking into allegations. Are many surprised this is happening? Unless you've been living underneath of a rock then yes, you should be surprised. A large chunk of our fan base felt NOA were coming. We just didn't know exactly when. Do we like it? Hell no, but here we are and it's time to lay everything out.

kudos
great attitude and thought process
i felt the same way 30 years ago when UK got into trouble

some fans of all schools that have gotten caught cheating, whine, cry and blame
instead of just hating that it happened and excepting the fact it did happen and move on

Reactions: RockChalkRally
NCAA bylaw 11.1.1.1 states that a "head coach is presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach. The head coach will be held accountable for violations in the program unless he or she can rebut the presumption of responsibility."

Under NCAA rules, a head coach can receive a show-cause order and be suspended up to an entire season for Level I violations and up to half a season for Level II violations. The length of the suspension is determined by the Committee on Infractions and depends on the "severity of the violation(s) committed, the level of the coach's involvement and any other aggravating or mitigating factors."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...51/ku-charged-lack-institutional-control-more

ADVERTISEMENT