ADVERTISEMENT

KU Guard Arterio Morris Suspended from Program

It looks like the entire KU fanbase was suspended.

College football started. Haven’t been on this board much.

Overall on this situation. Obviously every situation is different but I’m ok with giving a 2nd chance to someone. That comes with an extremely short leash where you aren’t even putting yourself in a terrible situation let alone committing the act. I get they’ll let it play out but no matter the outcome he needs to be booted from the program. Move on from what is going end badly whether that’s now or whenever.

College football started. Haven’t been on this board much.

Overall on this situation. Obviously every situation is different but I’m ok with giving a 2nd chance to someone. That comes with an extremely short leash where you aren’t even putting yourself in a terrible situation let alone committing the act. I get they’ll let it play out but no matter the outcome he needs to be booted from the program. Move on from what is going end badly whether that’s now or whenever.
He's not even been arrested yet. Why not let him play?
The optics are overrated.

Morris's mentor:

11989996.png

I’m not saying Exitflagger is gay, but he’s the reason Dick’s Sports now locks up the hockey sticks and baseball bats

Quit being homophobic. I realize you’re from a backwards, hick state, but there’s no room for such bigotry on rivals.com

Does this mean I can call you a f a g g o t now? Apparently you have multiple personalities. Do they both lie about graduating from Michigan?

• Love
Reactions: ThePhog08
I can’t believe this AIDS of a thread is still going

Will probably continue or die here. He was officially charged with rape and kicked out of the program. Was suspended before this.

All for 2nd chances especially for young people depending on the circumstances. He then went beyond burning this chance though. Also the staff will need to take some responsibility because when you give a 2nd chance you must take responsibility for it failing.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Officially kicked off. Bill gave him a second chance and he immediately f’d it up.

For the record. KU fans hate Arterio. Glad he's gone and he's a pos. Bill took a chance and was wrong. Bill made a massive mistake.

Off topic, look out for Cooper Flagg and KU

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That would be epic. The meltdown from Duke fans would be fantastic.
I have inside scoop I can't share.

Unrelated the movie "air" was fantastic .Adidas lost that battle. I am sure there are future battles to win.

Reactions: RipThru
For the record. KU fans hate Arterio. Glad he's gone and he's a pos. Bill took a chance and was wrong. Bill made a massive mistake.

I don't think Bill made a mistake at all. He gave the kid a chance, all Arterio had to do was behave, he couldn’t do that for 5 minutes. He has big issues.

Having said that, Bill has to do something to protect the program. It’s okay to take chances on kids, but when you do, you have to have systems in place to keep these kids on the straight and narrow.

KU isn’t the only program that takes chances on kids, but it’s had more incidents than most other schools not named Louisville. So somehow most everyone else keeps their players walking a straight line, Self needs to figure out how to do the same thing.

Unrelated the movie "air" was fantastic .Adidas lost that battle. I am sure there are future battles to win.

Are you saying that Flagg is a lock?

I've heard KU has a better chance than expected, but more like 50/50.

KU seems to do better with lower-level recruits. Not sure Flagg is the best fit for either party.
Maybe Self has problems with handling egos or knows exactly how to use them. He has to get them to buy in.

KU seems to do better with lower-level recruits. Not sure Flagg is the best fit for either party.
Maybe Self has problems with handling egos or knows exactly how to use them. He has to get them to buy in.

Not sure why people say this. Josh Jackson was great, Embiid was great, Wiggins was really good, Oubre was good, Xavier Henry was good, Selby was good until he got injured. Sherron Collins, Chalmers, Rush, Wright, Arthur, Dotson, Gradey Dick, Ellis, etc. With a few exceptions, his highest-rated recruits have been his best players.

Self's weakest team was the team with the lowest-rated recruits.

I don't think a coach who wins at a high level every year has a problem with managing egos. A lot of these guys have egos.

Reactions: AWilli6995
This allegation is a bad look for KU, even if it turns out to be false. I don't deny that. But I get a little sick of the holier than thou bullshit. It's like people don't understand how common sexual misconduct and/or DV are in this country. This ain't unique to KU, fellas. I read a stat that 1 in 5 college girls is a victim of rape. Not 1 in 5 KU girls. 1 in 5 nationally. So, even if this is true, let's quit pretending that this shit is rare.

A quick Google search told me that a former UK player was sentenced to prison for sodomizing two underage girls in 2012. Ravi Moss was arrested for 4th degree assault after causing injuries to his girlfriend's head, face and back. Eric Bledsoe was arrested for domestic violence. Tai Wynyard was suspended for being tied to a thug who was carrying guns to parties and charged w/ 4th degree assault. Several former UK players and coaches have been arrested for DUIs in the last decade plus. Terrence Jones was arrested for stomping on a homeless person. Derek Willis, etc.

I realize you guys badly want reasons to hate KU and to feel like your programs are morally superior, but let's be real. You're throwing stones from glass houses.
I imagine all those things you asserted were after UK. You guys seem to have one yearly on the team. I started catching back with Sherron Collins. Probably more before. Self doesn't seem to care about character. That's one thing you can say about Cal. Kids have and show character at UK.

I imagine all those things you asserted were after UK. You guys seem to have one yearly on the team. I started catching back with Sherron Collins. Probably more before. Self doesn't seem to care about character. That's one thing you can say about Cal. Kids have and show character at UK.

Morris was dismissed immediately after being charged. CJ Giles was dismissed after an allegation of violence. JR Giddens was dismissed after being attacked by a group of thugs.

Before Morris, I can't remember Self taking a player who had a previous allegation or conviction. Why do you say that Self doesn't care about character?

Two vacated final fours, 4 vacated tourneys, 36 vacated wins, postseason ban. Now you have a coach who assaults other coaches on the court.

A vicious rape that caused vaginal tearing while other players watched. Swept under the rug. Girl was so traumatized from it her life spiraled and she ODed a few years later.

Another football player had four accusations of sexual misconduct and was "cleared" by the university.

And then there's this:

https://www.chatsports.com/michigan...ut-it-people-need-to-be-fired-immediately-393

Michigan football covered up rape allegations and threats of violence, then lied about it - people need to be fired immediately​

The Michigan athletic department – and football team in particular – are an embarrassment to intercollegiate athletics, and the people running them need to be fired immediately. In November 2009, then-freshman kicker Brendan Gibbons was accused of rape by a female student. Gibbons’ roommate, All-American LT Taylor Lewan, then committed an additional crime by threatening to rape the woman himself if she pressed charges against Gibbons. What’s even more damning is that two fellow football players reported Lewan’s threats to the police themselves, but nothing was done by anyone in the Michigan program to punish these players.

No charges were ever filed, the situation was swept under the rug, and Gibbons and Lewan went on to incredibly successful careers at Michigan.

You missed all this, huh? Is it because you can't read?

I feel dirty after even skimming a few articles about your scumbag program. Thanks for the reminder of what an actual cesspool looks like. I feel a lot better now. 🤣
Yabut Yabut Yabut

This allegation is a bad look for KU, even if it turns out to be false. I don't deny that. But I get a little sick of the holier than thou bullshit. It's like people don't understand how common sexual misconduct and/or DV are in this country. This ain't unique to KU, fellas. I read a stat that 1 in 5 college girls is a victim of rape. Not 1 in 5 KU girls. 1 in 5 nationally. So, even if this is true, let's quit pretending that this shit is rare.

A quick Google search told me that a former UK player was sentenced to prison for sodomizing two underage girls in 2012. Ravi Moss was arrested for 4th degree assault after causing injuries to his girlfriend's head, face and back. Eric Bledsoe was arrested for domestic violence. Tai Wynyard was suspended for being tied to a thug who was carrying guns to parties and charged w/ 4th degree assault. Several former UK players and coaches have been arrested for DUIs in the last decade plus. Terrence Jones was arrested for stomping on a homeless person. Derek Willis, etc.

I realize you guys badly want reasons to hate KU and to feel like your programs are morally superior, but let's be real. You're throwing stones from glass houses.
This is olympic level rationalizing.

Self apologists are like Joebots.

Reactions: MGO2022
Morris was dismissed immediately after being charged. CJ Giles was dismissed after an allegation of violence. JR Giddens was dismissed after being attacked by a group of thugs.

Before Morris, I can't remember Self taking a player who had a previous allegation or conviction. Why do you say that Self doesn't care about character?
It just seems that way to this fan of another program. Perception sometimes trumps reality. Self brings in some questionable characters lol

I'm not talking about prior, but the stuff that goes on with players at KU just seems at the top of the news a lot.

Reactions: MGO2022

What is your inside scoop saying about why Flagg canceled his Kansas visit? Not necessary because he is already committed?

ADVERTISEMENT