ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kansas Expected to Face "Multiple Major NCAA Violations"

Yeah. Paying a starter on a national title team. In what universe could that possibly happen, amirite?
Hindsight is 20/20 huh. No one on earth expected that team to win a title. Who was the PG. oh yeah, Jon Scheyer, not a PG. Stsrting C. Brian Zoubek. Stsrting PF. Lance. Neither Z or Lance brought fear to an opponent. Idiot.

I have no idea and don’t care. As a booster I am not giving the 5th starter a nickel. .

source.gif

Huh? The "5th starter"? WTF....I mean---What does that even mean? This isn't baseball.

The 5th starter....Laughing

Hindsight is 20/20 huh. No one on earth expected that team to win a title. Who was the PG. oh yeah, Jon Scheyer, not a PG. Stsrting C. Brian Zoubek. Stsrting PF. Lance. Neither Z or Lance brought fear to an opponent. Idiot.

They weren’t the favorite but they were clearly in the mix.

Now you’re assuming that only players who strike fear into opponents’ hearts receive money. Another stupid assumption. But hey, it’s what you do.

I chuckled at that too.
I had to read it twice...Just to make sure I read it right.

I can just hear a coach talking to the parents/recruit---"Well,your son has some potential. But right now, we see him as our 5th starter...But look, as a senior---No doubt we see him as our 2nd starter. And if he works really hard----Possibly our 1st starter...Laughing

I have been sleeping very well since 1999 thank you. Especially since Duke was cleared.
Bet you have...Well that is, until the NCAA cleared UNC.....Laughing..But then, youre probably back to great sleeping....Court not allowing FBI evidence to be used was sweet dreams for you again...

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I had to read it twice...Just to make sure I read it right.

I can just hear a coach talking to the parents/recruit---"Well,your son has some potential. But right now, we see him as our 5th starter...But look, as a senior---No doubt we see him as our 2nd starter. And if he works really hard----Possibly our 1st starter...Laughing

I feel like somehow, someway, we're drunk walking down to the "2nd place is the first loser" path. How or why it's heading that way I have no idea, but I gotta say, I'm seriously intrigued to see where this conversation heads to next.

Margetts was investigated by the NCAA and Duke was cleared.

No, Duke wasn't "cleared" because Duke wasn't on the hook in the first place in the sense that they needed to be "cleared" (whatever that means). Nobody (well, nobody important) was alleging that Duke orchestrated payments or even knew about them.

The issue was whether playing an ineligible player meant that Duke would have to forfeit games that he played in. The NCAA stated that their precedent was strict liability, i.e. forfeiting games despite no wrongdoing by the school. Rather than apply that precedent, the NCAA changed its policy and determined that a school should not forfeit games. But had Maggette returned to school, he would have had to sit out games in proportion to the payments he received (think this happened to one of the Rush brothers).

Query how that applied to Rose, who went to Memphis and not a blue blood. There were some other factors involved with Rose (NCAA told Memphis they were proceeding at their own risk at one point), but the broad strokes are similar.

Last edited:
Jay Bilas interview on if this could end up in Federal Court.

“Most of that stems from sort of how the NCAA handles this with regards to following their own rules of procedure.(the linked tweet above) I think in both the statement from the university and from Bill Self (indicating KU would fight NCAA allegations) you can get the picture that there is a feeling that the NCAA is trying to exert authority in this area because they were embarrassed by the FBI investigation (into corruption in college basketball recruiting), seen as being asleep at the wheel, ineffective or impotent with regard to rules, rules enforcement, awareness, things like that,”

Bilas noted that the NCAA “sort of egregiously overreached in their prosecution of North Carolina”

“I was one of those at the time that said, ‘They
(NCAA officials) are way beyond their scope. They can’t win this case. I don’t know why they are doing this.’ Ultimately they wound up punting at the 1-yard line when they prosecuted North Carolina through the infractions process,”

“In a similar vein, if they were to ‘overreach’ in this case or the other cases that we are dealing with the fallout from the FBI investigation, whether it’s Arizona, Louisville or you name it, Kansas included, if they violate their own rules in trying to get the results that they want to make it look like they are tough on crime, this could wind up in federal court. That was basically what I was trying to say in that tweet.”

“The difficulty I think here in any infractions case that’s going to be brought after the FBI investigation and the criminal prosecutions
(of Adidas officials) is this sort of ‘coach accountability’ rule. Basically anything that happens is going to be blamed on the head coach, absent a rebutting of the presumption that the coach is responsible for everything, reasonable or not,”

“That’s the difficulty here and in all these cases. The NCAA is basically saying because this happened, you the head coach are to blame. That is a difficult thing to overcome and it’s somewhat easy to say, but there is no sort of question of reasonableness there.

“There is a long way to go in this thing. There are allegations that have been made that need to be answered
(in next 90 days by KU). Once they are answered there needs to be an appropriate hearing before this case is adjudicated. We are at the very beginning of this. There is a long way to go.”

“I don’t know exactly how it’s going to shake out, but after the Rice Commission and after the NCAA was basically embarrassed by this whole thing
(FBI investigation and court cases) it feels like the NCAA is looking to take a swing at someone. But they still have to operate within their own rules. A rules based organization can’t just violate their rules to get the result they want.”

Regards to Self's response.

“Although it may sort of indicate to Kansas fans, ‘We are going to stand up for what we believe in,’ it doesn’t really do anything. It’s not going to indicate that there may be a negative result and it’s not going to get any closer to a more positive one,”

Regards to Duke holding it's own investigation

“None of it matters. You can do whatever you want, The notice of allegations has already hit
(KU). You can bring in the FBI and have the FBI clear you. You’ve still got to go through the process (now). It doesn’t matter.”

“I think it’s pretty clear that the NCAA wants to be seen as being in control and being able to hand out punishment for what they feel has been transgressions and embarrassments that they’ve suffered.”

“What counts is the response to the notice and the hearing and how it’s handled from there. This is a long, long process. We are not going to be anywhere near a resolution of this until the summer. It’s going to have no bearing other than if anyone allows it to distract them … it will have no bearing on this season whatsover.”

Last edited:
Margetts was investigated by the NCAA and Duke was cleared. Tell us more about Zion and some actual facts where Duke was involved.

Also, which program and coach just got an LOIC. Beaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa
Now you sound exactly like the UNC posters when everyone was talking about their scandal.

Also Piggie admitted to giving him money.

Last edited:
They weren’t the favorite but they were clearly in the mix.

Now you’re assuming that only players who strike fear into opponents’ hearts receive money. Another stupid assumption. But hey, it’s what you do.
Well, since you think everyone gets money, I can see where you are confused. But since Duke doesn't need to pay players like KU, I am good. Thanks.

What I do huh? What? Ask for proof and not your conspiracy theories. You are a fng loon.

It's odd that I've seen multiple UK fans today agree that Self should be hammered. While claiming that the reason being is because of the "lack of institutional control" tag. While also saying that Cal is clean because of no infractions.

Denial is an amazing thing!

FACTS are more amazing. Far more than speculation, opinion, etc.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Well you posed the question when referring to Duke. Carolina was never punished for anything either. Does that make them innocent in your eyes, or are you holding others to a standard that you don't hold Duke to?
Apples and oranges. Have a nice day.

Thomas
Maggette
Boozer's Dad
Duhon's mom
Zion's house

....someday the smoke will be too much to go unnoticed.
Any actual proof. Nope. Thought so. Why is there not one picture of Zion’s family at that house?

Well, since you think everyone gets money, I can see where you are confused. But since Duke doesn't need to pay players like KU, I am good. Thanks.

What I do huh? What? Ask for proof and not your conspiracy theories. You are a fng loon.

Nah...not everyone. Just a shitload. You're one of the few morons who still can't get it.

From CBS Sports:

Based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier.

Here are the largest dollar amounts listed for former NCAA athletes or their families, according to Dawkins' records.

Here are the eight current players or those players' families who are listed in Dawkins' docs:

And these are just players linked to Dawkins. Sure would appear that more than a few players are involved in this, wouldn't it?

Former Dukie Jay Bilas is outspoken about how widespread it is. I'm sure you know more than him, and he's just a conspiracy loon, too.RollLaugh

Last edited:
Well you posed the question when referring to Duke. Carolina was never punished for anything either. Does that make them innocent in your eyes, or are you holding others to a standard that you don't hold Duke to?

Duke is clean. North Carolina is dirty as hell and the NCAA covered it up.

-Loser on his 7th account

You lie out your ass.

Duke was a one seed in the South and was ranked number 3.

Nah...not everyone. Just a shitload. You're one of the few morons who still can't get it.

From CBS Sports:

Based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier.

Here are the largest dollar amounts listed for former NCAA athletes or their families, according to Dawkins' records.

Here are the eight current players or those players' families who are listed in Dawkins' docs:

And these are just players linked to Dawkins. Sure would appear that more than a few schools/players are involved in this, wouldn't it?

Former Dukie Jay Bilas is outspoken about how widespread it is. I'm sure you know more than him, and he's just a conspiracy loon, too.RollLaugh
You have a very selective believability standard. You believe what you want to be true and disregard all others.

You lie out your ass.

Duke was a one seed in the South and was ranked number 3.
Doesn't mean they were a favorite to win it. Maybe I should have said, people with a high basketball IQ did not have them winning it.

I sure didn't.

You have a very selective believability standard. You believe what you want to be true and disregard all others.

LaughingThis, coming from you?

No idea what you're even talking about. I'm the one who has never hid from the fact that Self was working with Gassnola to get recruits and likely knew about payments. Or that Townsend is shady.

You're the one who says that there's 0% chance that Zion or Lance Thomas accepted benefits.RollLaugh

So, tell me, do you know more than Bilas about the college basketball landscape?

Reactions: RipThru
ADVERTISEMENT