ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kansas Expected to Face "Multiple Major NCAA Violations"

My name on every post is Bert, not Burt.

Plus the purchase was in November and it was not his last semester. Did you ever go to college? The last semester of your Senior year may begin around last of December or early January.

They (the NCAA) did nothing. They allowed a Duke suggar daddy to pay it off. No problem. He got that simply because of where he went to school.

The NCAA are crooks.
Any proof Burt. Didn’t think so. Stay stupid Burt.

Uh, they did investigate. A personal purchase by a citizen in his last semester of his senior year. Tell me Burt, logically, why would a booster or Duke buy a kid who didn’t get drafted 100k of jewelry.

None of your business. Dec 21st. Over break, right before his last semester began is when he made the purchase Burt. Aren’t facts great. Idiot.

o_O

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Uh, they did investigate. A personal purchase by a citizen in his last semester of his senior year. Tell me Burt, logically, why would a booster or Duke buy a kid who didn’t get drafted 100k of jewelry.
Maybe because they thought he would? Jewelry was purchased in Dec,....Draft is in June. Or maybe they felt if even NOT drafted, he would sign as a free agent? In other words, maybe they felt he would land in the NBA. Possible, right?

Also, the NCAA didn't really investigate, now did they? The Jewelry store wouldn't cooperate...Nor would Thomas. Welp---investigation over.

C'mon, dude. If this were a UK kid...or a UNC kid, you'd be all over this shit. Tell me---Where did Thomas come up with $33K? I know....I know----"A private citizen". Yeah, ok.Laughing

Who the fvck are you?
giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
WTF?

That was part of his closing argument to the jury. He obviously thought it could be a mitigating factor. Why the hell would he mention something in a closing argument that wasn't intended to help his case?

BTW, it's funny that you guys are now in the "more likely" business. Very few of you seem to take that approach in regard to Code's/Gassnola's comments about Kentucky, or the likelihood of Bam, Zion etc taking money.

So Gatto's lawyer was just lying. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. Laughing Let me know when Kentucky receives a notice of allegations.

Maybe because they thought he would? Jewelry was purchased in Dec,....Draft is in June. Or maybe they felt if even NOT drafted, he would sign as a free agent? In other words, maybe they felt he would land in the NBA. Possible, right?

Also, the NCAA didn't really investigate, now did they? The Jewelry store wouldn't cooperate...Nor would Thomas. Welp---investigation over.

C'mon, dude. If this were a UK kid...or a UNC kid, you'd be all over this shit. Tell me---Where did Thomas come up with $33K? I know....I know----"A private citizen". Yeah, ok.Laughing
So a booster is going to give 100k to a kid with no guarantees huh? Suuuuuuuuurrrrreee. Not one person knows the details of the transaction but plenty sure are speculating. I have no idea where he got the money. Could care less. Only opposing fans have all the answers it seems.

They looked the other way with Maggette too. And, of course, Zion.

Untouchable.

So a booster is going to give 100k to a kid with no guarantees huh? Suuuuuuuuurrrrreee. Not one person knows the details of the transaction but plenty sure are speculating. I have no idea where he got the money. Could care less. Only opposing fans have all the answers it seems.
He didn't get $100K....He bought 100K worth of a jewelry. He put down $33K. I don't find it odd at all that a booster would do that($33K).

Sure, plenty of people are speculating----Umm, like you for example. You admit not one person kows the details----Right? Well, unless you know the details, you too are speculating. But since you're a DUke fan, your speculation is different. I get that. But any person with any sense knows something here was amiss. Of course though---Thats just speculation...

They looked the other way with Maggette too. And, of course, Zion.

Untouchable.
Margetts was investigated by the NCAA and Duke was cleared. Tell us more about Zion and some actual facts where Duke was involved.

Also, which program and coach just got an LOIC. Beaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa

He didn't get $100K....He bought 100K worth of a jewelry. He put down $33K. I don't find it odd at all that a booster would do that($33K).

Sure, plenty of people are speculating----Umm, like you for example. You admit not one person kows the details----Right? Well, unless you know the details, you too are speculating. But since you're a DUke fan, your speculation is different. I get that. But any person with any sense knows something here was amiss. Of course though---Thats just speculation...
But why are people speculating at all. Private transaction between him and the jeweler.

So Gatto's lawyer was just lying. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. Laughing Let me know when Kentucky receives a notice of allegations.

Apparently his lawyer is omniscient? Would it be utterly shocking to you if Gatto lied to him about it?

I’m not denying that it could be true. Just saying the lawyer’s statement means jack and shit.

Love how you ignore the sworn testimony and FBI findings btw.

Margetts was investigated by the NCAA and Duke was cleared.
Via a loop hole that UNC was cleared on....THough I always found this comment interesting...........

The standard for that is whether either the institution knew or should have known that Maggette was ineligible, or if Maggette himself knew that -- or should have known that he was ineligible,” said David Price, the NCAA’s vice president for enforcement.

Hmmmmm.....So. MAggette was smart enpough to get into Duke----But not smart enough to know that taking money from an agent would make him ineligible? Weird shit. Even more weird----Rush had the same payment, from the same guy(Piggie). UCLA was punished; I guess they knew? Duke was not.

Yeah----Okay.

Via a loop hole that UNC was cleared on....THough I always found this comment interesting...........

The standard for that is whether either the institution knew or should have known that Maggette was ineligible, or if Maggette himself knew that -- or should have known that he was ineligible,” said David Price, the NCAA’s vice president for enforcement.

Hmmmmm.....So. MAggette was smart enpough to get into Duke----But not smart enough to know that taking money from an agent would make him ineligible? Weird shit. Even more weird----Rush had the same payment, from the same guy(Piggie). UCLA was punished; I guess they knew? Duke was not.

Yeah----Okay.
Was Piggie an agent or did he run Maggettes AAU team. I always thought it was the AAU team.

Must suck to know Archie learned from his brother and it’s only a matter of time.

Plus IU sucks and hasn’t been relevant for years.

Why are you speculating? I mean you don't find it odd that a college senior has $33 thousand to lay down on some jewelry? If not, cool.
I have no idea and don’t care. As a booster I am not giving the 5th starter a nickel. If you watched Duke hoops in 2010 and believe someone gave him 100k you are stupid.

Was Piggie an agent or did he run Maggettes AAU team. I always thought it was the AAU team.

Must suck to know Archie learned from his brother and it’s only a matter of time.

Plus IU sucks and hasn’t been relevant for years
giphy.gif

Ahh, the ole'---Your coach/team sucks deflect mechanism...Sure sign of weakness.

giphy.gif

Ahh, the ole'---Your coach/team sucks deflect mechanism...Sure sign of weakness.
Who is deflecting. Did you miss the first part. Piggies was his AAU coach, not an agent. Piggie was given money Nd he gave it to Corey. NCAA and Duke investigated and Duke was cleared. Simple. Even for a ref.

I have no idea and don’t care. As a booster I am not giving the 5th starter a nickel. If you watched Duke hoops in 2010 and believe someone gave him 100k you are stupid.
Why is this so hard for you? No one game him a $100k. If they did, he wouldn't have owed anything. He BOUGHT $100K worth of jewelry....BUT...He paid $33K; the remaining balance was credit.

And you are calling me stupid?

Who is deflecting. Did you miss the first part. Piggies was his AAU coach, not an agent. Piggie was given money Nd he gave it to Corey. NCAA and Duke investigated and Duke was cleared. Simple. Even for a ref.
LOL...Agent---AAU coach....Same difference, brother. Just different titles. And I said you were deflecting because you started babbling about IU. That sir, is deflecting.

Duke was cleared for them not knowing---and Maggette not knowing, that he was ineligible...Yeah---ok. Kinda of like offering classes to everyone...Laughing

LOL...Agent---AAU coach....Same difference, brother. Just different titles. And I said you were deflecting because you started babbling about IU. That sir, is deflecting.

Duke was cleared for them not knowing---and Maggette not knowing, that he was ineligible...Yeah---ok. Kinda of like offering classes to everyone...Laughing

You got to understand that @Afamu worships K like a god. In his eyes he never made a mistake ever since he became the coach at duke. The way he defends him is borderline creepy IMO.

So Piggie was a certified agent. Nope. Not the same thing. As much as you want it to be, it just isn’t.

You got to understand that @Afamu worships K like a god. In his eyes he never made a mistake ever since he became the coach at duke. The way he defends him is borderline creepy IMO.
I worship no one, just am not a fan of the “ everyone does it” theories.

Some people might do it above board. Until proven otherwise, Duke is one of them. Don’t need to.

I worship no one, just am not a fan of the “ everyone does it” theories.

Some people might do it above board. Until proven otherwise, Duke is one of them. Don’t need to.

Shut up! K can piss in your face and you’ll give him a high 5.

So Piggie was a certified agent. Nope. Not the same thing. As much as you want it to be, it just isn’t.
If thats what helps you sleep at night...Then by all means sir, carry on...Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT