ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

Wow. It's absolutely scary that you believe this. Scarier is that you'll probably teach your children this very thing.

Except he is right.

And you can't see it.

It's funny. Some of us can.

Like... I get that getting pulled over is a different thing for me, as a white guy, than for a black guy. Just the way it is. I didn't make it that way. I wish it wasn't that way. Often thankfully it ends up being the same. But it isn't the same thing.

And for years statistics and stories have shown that to be true. In banking. In buying property. In schooling. In our justice system.

That's okay. You just don't get it. You can't see beyond yourself.

But I wouldn't go telling someone who is right that they are wrong.

You're privileged b/c you can remain unaware that race is part of just about everything. You reinforce white supremacist culture by fighting against that knowledge.
Hahahahahahahahah. Such nonsense.

I will say, as an agnostic, religion is so strange when you get right down to the nitty gritty of it. Like... a guy built a boat with two of every animal on it? By hand? That's impossible. How can anyone believe that? Or a guy rose from the dead? There is absolutely nothing in anyones experience that supports that ever happening. Or a woman got turned into a pillar of salt? Huh?

I know, I know... Faith, you feel sorry for someone who doesn't believe in God, etc etc. But to a practically minded person Who was not raised in religion , it is very, very strange that people live their entire life according to this. Like... it's the same as someone living their life worshipping Odin or Zeus or Ra or Indra.

Sorry in advance if I offended any of you religions folks (Dat, Borden, etc.). I figure some of you won't be offended, and will just understand it.

Last edited:
I will say, as an agnostic, religion is so strange when you get right down to the nitty gritty of it. Like... a guy built a boat with two of every animal on it? By hand? That's impossible. How can anyone believe that?

40656178_2040467972664623_5458706255562407936_n.jpg

Except he is right.

And you can't see it.

Like... I get that getting pulled over is a different thing for me, as a white guy, than for a black guy. Just the way it is. I didn't make it that way. I wish it wasn't that way. Often thankfully it ends up being the same. But it isn't the same thing.

And for years statistics and stories have shown that to be true. In banking. In buying property. In schooling. In our justice system.

So he's right because...You say so? I'll ask this:
When getting pulled over, is it different for a black guy because the black guy injects the thought; racism? Or is it the cop? Or both? And you feel this is the case every time? How much of this is brought on by folks like the lady wearing the "Blue lives murder" shirt? How much is this fear is taught? Opposed to actually happening? I don't have the statistics, but I'd feel comfortable saying that a small percentage of actual racism playing a part in a stop, is very minimal.
Now with that being said. Do I feel that racism plays a part? Oh, absolutely. And it's a sickening action. But do i feel it happens at the rate that you Or Dat [especially Dat] feel? Ummm, no.
So again...What makes him right? His opinion? An opinion just like mine? And if I'm not mistaken, isn't Dat white? If so, how the fcvk does he know what's it like? As said, Dat is the type of person that feels if he holds a door open for a black person, he's "helping" them. As for me, I just see it as holding the door open for a person.

It’s scary that you put to bible on the forefront of social issues at this day and age. Zealots will zealot though.
No what's scary is people who dont place the Bible into their lives. Think how much better of a world this would be if people just followed a couple of the 10 commandments. Not all. Just a few.
I'm nowhere near a fanatical, bible thumping , fire and brimstone type of guy. I just believe in treating people as I would wanted treated. Treat with respect. With kindness. With love. Openess. It's really not a hard thing to do. Problem is, when someone like me says he doesn't agree with homosexuality, I'm suddenly not adhering to someone's rights. I'm judging them. I'm mean. Intolerant. So and so on. And that's not even remotely close to the truth.
Anyways...I will say this. If more people followed a few of the 10 commandments, this would be a much better world. In other words, placing the Bible into their lives.

I think she makes a good point. You saying something is ignorant is pretty rich, mr. tolerant of your cousins life choices, because a book told ya so.o_O
Yeah. Ok. Indont need a book to tell me that wearing a shirt that says "Blue lives murder " is a bad idea.

Reactions: SNU0821
No what's scary is people who dont place the Bible into their lives. Think how much better of a world this would be if people just followed a couple of the 10 commandments. Not all. Just a few.
I'm nowhere near a fanatical, bible thumping , fire and brimstone type of guy. I just believe in treating people as I would wanted treated. Treat with respect. With kindness. With love. Openess. It's really not a hard thing to do. Problem is, when someone like me says he doesn't agree with homosexuality, I'm suddenly not adhering to someone's rights. I'm judging them. I'm mean. Intolerant. So and so on. And that's not even remotely close to the truth.
Anyways...I will say this. If more people followed a few of the 10 commandments, this would be a much better world. In other words, placing the Bible into their lives.
Sure seems that way.

Do you live your life by the Old Testament or just the New testament?

Just wondering. TIA

No ones saying you have to do anything btw, but you telling a family member you don't agree with his lifestyle is pretty fascinating. Why say anything at all? Isn't that a golden rule? Treat others as you wish to be treated.

Yeah. Ok. Indont need a book to tell me that wearing a shirt that says "Blue lives murder " is a bad idea.
You just need a book to tell you whether or not you will throw your two cents into someone else's sexuality, and let them know if it's right or wrong, because said ancient book stated such..

okay...RollLaugh

Wow. You're dense.

To be fair, you take the lord's name in vain more than everyone here.

No ones saying you have to do anything btw, but you telling a family member you don't agree with his lifestyle is pretty fascinating. Why say anything at all? Isn't that a golden rule? Treat others as you wish to be treated.
Maybe because he asked? He and I were very close growing up. We still are. He asked my opinion, and I told him. I also told him that I supported him. And that I loved him dearly. He's a great person. Love being around him.
That answer your question?

Maybe because he asked? He and I were very close growing up. We still are. He asked my opinion, and I told him. I also told him that I supported him. And that I loved him dearly. He's a great person. Love being around him.
“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”

So, that's a negatory. Yuuuge no.

You just need a book to tell you whether or not you will throw your two cents into someone else's sexuality, and let them know if it's right or wrong, because said ancient book stated such..

okay...RollLaugh

Wow. You're dense.
Should've waited for my response. Then you wouldn't have looked so stupid.

Yup. Nothing wrong with being honest. You can disagree with someone’s lifestyle and still be friends with them.

Wow. Now you're just a troll. And a bad one at that. And not just a troll..bit one with an abundance of ignorance.
Why? Because you're telling a farce, and rearranging your story to put yourself in a good light.

As hard as you try to look bright, you're not smart Borden.
It's okay. The world needs umpires. It was your calling.

Yup. Nothing wrong with being honest. You can disagree with someone’s lifestyle and still be friends with them.
Absolutely. I disagree with his choice. But it's his choice. It doesn't change who he is. He respected my honesty. Love the guy. Have had him and his husband over msnybof times for BBQ, dinner, etc, etc...Just two great dudes.

It's not my fault you've been on this board for 7 years, and still can't properly quote someone, or spell for that matter.

Stupid is as stupid does. Am I right? Winking
Spelling is just fine. Quoting is just fine. I can't help it you didn't take the time for my answer. As said...be a little more patient. You won't look as stupid next time.

Why? Because you're telling a farce, and rearranging your story to put yourself in a good light.

As hard as you try to look bright, you're not smart Borden.
It's okay. The world needs umpires. It was your calling.
Oh please explain this "farce". This should be good.

I remember the first gay we had at our house. He came over regularly prior to becoming a twink. Full blown twink. He started dating a much older rich florist in our area and we used to tease him by asking if he was planting tulips yet? At first we were kind of uncomfortable, by not being around it, but the dudes were cool and small smooching and ass grabbing didn't bother our vibe. Back in that day, we would have 5-15 ppl over every night. No one cared.

"I think same sex marriage is wrong. And through my faith, yes, it makes me sick."

Umm...

Yeah...
Why bold, "it makes me sick"? Is it some type of key piece of evidence? Now be careful, here. Your answer could very well show your ignorance. So tread lightly. Remember:
It's best to be thought of as a fool. Then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Just saying.

Except he is right.

And you can't see it.

There are a lot of people that try to convince others that they see things others don’t. I Can’t imagine many agreeing that statement is accurate. But then again, you guys rarely, if ever break ranks. It’s not everywhere, it’s not all the time, it’s it isn’t necessary to inject it into convos at every possible turn.

ADVERTISEMENT