Miles McBride
Derek Culver
Jevon Carter
Juwan Staten
Eric Mika
Desmond Bane
Marcus Denmon
Kim English

my stubborn wife is doubling down. Still insisting Gertz went to Stevenson at some point. So if you want to tell her she's wrong good luck with that.
LOL, poor Maine East, they have sucked in virtually every sport for decades, and their football team is so pathetic that everyone would schedule them for homecoming if they could. About the only thing they have to hang their hat on is that they have distinguished alumni Harrison Ford, Karen Black, and Jami Gertz. Your wife should throw a little sympathy their way.

I liked your picks in general. Although being a Gonzaga fan I had hoped you'd include Drew Timme.

True story: One time at the Proviso West Tournament, Jalen Brunson was sitting in a row by himself in front of me when he discovered his cellphone ran out of juice. He turned and asked me if he could borrow my phone to make a quick call. I was going to oblige when somebody on his team came back to get him. Call that a nerd brush with a future celebrity.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Greg Oden
Durant (obviously)
Michael Beasely

Ok I missed the part where it was "favorite" players.

Last edited:
Given it a little thought, and these are my 20 favorite players to watch this season (limit 1 per team).

1st Team
Jamal Shead, Houston
Reed Sheppard, Kentucky
Dalton Knecht, Tennessee
PJ Hall, Clemson
DJ Burns, NC State

2nd Team
Jaelen House, New Mexico
KJ Simpson, Colorado
Tyler Kolek, Marquette
KJ Adams, Kansas
Grant Nelson, Alabama