ADVERTISEMENT

Genuine question for UK fans on expectations

In 04 we lost to Gtech in OT when we were the better team. 05 lost to 14 seed bucknell, 06 lost to 13 seed bradley.

2010 lost to UNI as the overall #1 seed. Then in 2011 lost to 11seed VCU. 2013 lost to Michigan when ku was up 8 with 2 and a half to go in the game.

KU , though has 4 final fours under bill. 2 titles. 16 B12 titles in 19 years. double digit 1 seeds...

Look in order to be great you have to have low points. Every great player, team and coach goes and grow through adversity.

KU had an awfully mediocre 2019. A supposed one and done bust with Grimes, Legerald Vick being an awful leader, Udoke getting hurt. 2020 the postseason cancelled. 2021 we got thumped by 30 to USC ... Then we freaking won the national freaking title.

Cal has been to the FF with 3 team. 4 with UK and gets great players. Running him off during your low point is choosing immaturity and mediocrity , not on Cals end, but the fans end. You're going to run him off before your breakthrough. What foolishness.

Nothing has hurt UK more in their history than dumb azz fans. It takes good players, good coaching and great fans to be the gold standard. And yall are going to be the weak link in that chain.

Coach k has lost to vcu, lehigh, mercer, missed the tourney

Roy williams has been to the nit and missed tourneys and lost early

the 2019 national champ lost to UMBC in the most embarrassing loss in tourney history.

Go ahead and be weak and run Cal off and be mediocre again when Self wins more titles.

Yall are babies
I agree with this 100%

I admit I have trolled lately. Mid season this board is dead and that sucks. I love when all blue bloods are good. They are the most entertaining rivalries. You can disagree but I would rather watch UK vs UNC when both are good over Lousiville vs UK . Or would rather watch Duke vs KU over KU vs Kstate/mizzou. But that is me. Now you know where I am coming from...

Every UK fan thinks next year is $ in the bank with this recruiting class. Do you really expect a title contender next year?

Even before GG Jackson re classified, all the pundits said next years class is a down year recruiting wise. No clear cut future NBA allstar. The class of the class was GG Jackson averaging 15.7 on 40% shooting.

One class for uk I feel like had more talent than 2023 was 2013

#2 Justin Edwards 6'2
#3 DJ Wagner 6'7
#6 Robert Dillingham 6'1
#8 Aaron Bradshaw 7'
#23 Reed Shephard 6'3

#2 Julius Randle 6'9
#5 Andrew Harrison 6'6
#7 Aaron Harrison 6'6
#9 Dakari Johnson 7'
#11 James Young 6'6
#19 Marcus Lee 6'9

Now Kentucky ended 24-10 in 2014. Made it to the championship game though. 2023-2024 most like will have some mid major transfers which 2013-2014 did not have. Also Maybe Oscar returns as a super senior. Who knows. But if 2013 class had more length , height and a superstar in Randle , what makes one assume next years UK class will be a top 10 team? Especially if this class as a whole is not special. What if wagner or dillingham is a ashton hagans and not a john wall. Or Bradshaw is more of a dakari johnson rather than a KAT.
Here's the thing, the recruiting class might be down, but we are getting the cream of the crop, or most of them lol. What if Reeves, Livingston, Collins come back. Throw in a Thiero and Onyenso. Maybe even Ware.

Toppin, Oscar, Frederick have eligilbility left. Frederick may just hang it up due to being so injury prone. The other 2 most likely will be over seas. But you never know with the NIL UK has going on.

That has the makings of a strong team.

Win the conference. 1 or 2 seed and see how it falls out in the dance. My expectations may go up or down depending on how the season and team progresses.

If we can keep everyone healthy, we're going to be dangerous as sh*t this year.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Here's the thing, the recruiting class might be down, but we are getting the cream of the crop, or most of them lol. What if Reeves, Livingston, Collins come back. Throw in a Thiero and Onyenso. Maybe even Ware.

Toppin, Oscar, Frederick have eligilbility left. Frederick may just hang it up due to being so injury prone. The other 2 most likely will be over seas. But you never know with the NIL UK has going on.

That has the makings of a strong team.

Win the conference. 1 or 2 seed and see how it falls out in the dance. My expectations may go up or down depending on how the season and team progresses.

If we can keep everyone healthy, we're going to be dangerous as sh*t this year.
Of course. All those guys want to play behind the new freshmen.

I know it doesn't look good, but we made our way into the tournament.

Doesn't look good with the injuries, but we've dealt with adversity before.

One thing I love about most UK fans is they're die-hard and don't give up easy.

Yep, I been around for this longer than anyone here not named Bert. I live and die with it. It's been a constant in my life since I could remember anything. I struggle with Cal turning this thing around because it's inexcusable we should never be in this position we've been in going on five years now.

But I'm fickle that way...all Cal has to do is win like he should and all is forgiven.

Yep, I been around for this longer than anyone here not named Bert. I live and die with it. It's been a constant in my life since I could remember anything. I struggle with Cal turning this thing around because it's inexcusable we should never be in this position we've been in going on five years now.

But I'm fickle that way...all Cal has to do is win like he should and all is forgiven.
I think you might be behind me in age :) Cal screwed up, no doubt. But I'm not ready to dump him just yet. I think he has one or two more runs in him. us older guys got to hang together.

Not even close lol I'll trade a couple of down years for the success Cal has brought to UK. The Covid year is not even in the mix for me.
I’m betting you would have counted the “Covid year” if we’d have won the championship though.lol

ADVERTISEMENT