ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

It’s normal for the far righties to virtue signal at every turn, and claim something is racist when it fits your narrative, as I explained to Borden without him being able to comprehend it, per usual.
Such the smart guy. Food order wrong for a black guy, by a white waiter: Racism. Not a waiter simply getting an order wrong. But done so because the customer was black. That's the attitude that's been injected by people like you. Of course racism exist. It's a problem in this country. But until.folks like YOU quit implying it happens ALL.THE.TIME, it won't end. And let's be honest...People such as you and Dat Don t want it to end. You need it. You live for the shit. You love the shit. Your life would be shit w/o the drama. Of course every time a black guybis pulled over, his life flashes before his eyes. :rolleyes:
Your entire life is consumed with the agenda of pushing racism.at every corner. And at all.cost. IMO, anyone who supports a person wearing a shirt that reads, "Blue lives Murder" has huge, huge issues. It's a terrible message. It teaches hate. And why? Because small portion of the countrys police force has committed some heinous acts towards black people? What about the millions of cops that havent? Are they murders too?

Not necessarily, I have friends who are conservatives, not on the extreme level that you, Borden, Hail or Letsgo represent. Face to face, thoughtful conversations take place in the real world. You and I can both agree on that. The internet is a place for people to sling shit from every direction whilst being blindfolded.
Interesting day for me. Found out I'm a righty and a conservative. And not just a conservative. But that of extreme nature.
Damn. Who knew? I sure didnt. Heck not even really sure what a righty is. Or an extreme conservative. As I've said...I don't do politics. That's why you never see any of my post saying liberals suck. Or conservatives. Or right wingbrhis or that. Just not educated on their meaning. Not do I care to be. But hey...I can be a righty , extreme conservative. I guess??

Reactions: SNU0821
Interesting day for me. Found out I'm a righty and a conservative. And not just a conservative. But that of extreme nature.
Damn. Who knew? I sure didnt. Heck not even really sure what a righty is. Or an extreme conservative. As I've said...I don't do politics. That's why you never see any of my post saying liberals suck. Or conservatives. Or right wingbrhis or that. Just not educated on their meaning. Not do I care to be. But hey...I can be a righty , extreme conservative. I guess??
Why won’t you answer my question? Do yuh have kids? Son? Daughter?

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Such the smart guy. Food order wrong for a black guy, by a white waiter: Racism. Not a waiter simply getting an order wrong. But done so because the customer was black. That's the attitude that's been injected by people like you. Of course racism exist. It's a problem in this country. But until.folks like YOU quit implying it happens ALL.THE.TIME, it won't end. And let's be honest...People such as you and Dat Don t want it to end. You need it. You live for the shit. You love the shit. Your life would be shit w/o the drama. Of course every time a black guybis pulled over, his life flashes before his eyes. :rolleyes:
Your entire life is consumed with the agenda of pushing racism.at every corner. And at all.cost. IMO, anyone who supports a person wearing a shirt that reads, "Blue lives Murder" has huge, huge issues. It's a terrible message. It teaches hate. And why? Because small portion of the countrys police force has committed some heinous acts towards black people? What about the millions of cops that havent? Are they murders too?

Wait... what? Who said that? Did I miss a discussion, or are you just inventing some strange case and something that nobody ever said to argue against it?

Nobody wants racism to happen... that’s dramaqueenoverthetop stuff. But we at least acknowledge that race plays a regular part in people’s lives. And yes, it plays a role often. But maybe where the issue lies is that a LOT of stuff plays a role often; we just happen to discuss race more often. I look at myself... being male plays a role, being white plays a role, being modestly attractive and in shape plays a role, being on the short side plays a role... lots of stuff plays a constant role in my life. And race doesn’t necessarily play a HUGE role all the time. But it DOES play an underlying role, and often. Race is one of the biggest underlying influences in people’s lives, thanks in no small part to it simply being easily observable.

And I didn’t see anyone supporting that shirt? I mean, I can understand the sentiment behind it, although i disagree with it.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Nope, only when it is in fact racism. Your po dunk ideology is so far right and skewed, unless someone is shouting the N word at someone, and you personally witnessed it, then you’d consider it such.
Yeah. Ok. Just because Indont feel.its at the level you do, doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to it. People like you push the narrative of, "it happens all the time". Then chastise those who Don t believe that by saying shit like this. Like I said, there is no middle ground with people like you. It's either accept your thoughts as absolute, or nothing. It's thinking such as yours ( this) that slows the process.

Wait... what? Who said that? Did I miss a discussion, or are you just inventing some strange case and something that nobody ever said to argue against it?

Nobody wants racism to happen... that’s dramaqueenoverthetop stuff. But we at least acknowledge that race plays a regular part in people’s lives. And yes, it plays a role often. But maybe where the issue lies is that a LOT of stuff plays a role often; we just happen to discuss race more often. I look at myself... being male plays a role, being white plays a role, being modestly attractive and in shape plays a role, being on the short side plays a role... lots of stuff plays a constant role in my life. And race doesn’t necessarily play a HUGE role all the time. But it DOES play an underlying role, and often. Race is one of the biggest underlying influences in people’s lives, thanks in no small part to it simply being easily observable.

And I didn’t see anyone supporting that shirt? I mean, I can understand the sentiment behind it, although i disagree with it.
It's an example TheDude. Jesus. I expect more from a guy with 14 degrees. It's an example.of how extreme some of your thinking is. And Dattiers.
You might wanna check on the fact of no one supporting that ladies shirt.

You know... I wonder if some of it is just how you see the world.

My guess is that myself, UL, Matt, Dat... we see all interactions as intertwined... that decisions you made a year ago can still have an impact now... that everything we experience is impacted by all *sorts* of factors.

But maybe Toons and Borden see things as far more... I don’t know how to put it... less connected?

Would you be ok with your daughter dating/marrying a black guy? Truly ok, no reservations?
Absolutely would be. Why would I not be? Why would I have reservations? My 18 year old daughters boyfriend is black. Well, mixed. His mother is black. Great person.
Again, what's the basis of this question? Are you wanting my answers? Or are you searching for your own?

It's an example TheDude. Jesus. I expect more from a guy with 14 degrees. It's an example.of how extreme some of your thinking is. And Dattiers.
You might wanna check on the fact of no one supporting that ladies shirt.

4 degrees. Btw, I hope that everyone has noted how often Borden has taken a strange, passive aggressive shot at my education (was that the fourth time? Or fifth?), and all I did to invite it was mentioned I had done some Bible study when he said I should. This is that strange knee jerk reaction I’ve mentioned before.

And no, that is not an example of our thinking. Unless “Well, this guy yelled the N word just before he killed a black guy, but I am not sure race played a part!” is an example of yours?

And sorry, maybe I missed something. Who here supported that shirt?

My guess is that myself, UL, Matt, Dat... we see all interactions as intertwined... that decisions you made a year ago can still have an impact now... that everything we experience is impacted by all *sorts* of factors.

But maybe Toons and Borden see things as far more... I don’t know how to put it... less connected?
Some people are very binary and others are very fluid. It makes these conversations quite difficult.

Some people are very binary and others are very fluid. It makes these conversations quite difficult.

It would make sense... like, you have one type of people who say that the damage of slavery for hundreds of years, the complete destruction of the family unit and the underlying psychology of those centuries, all passed down by one generation and its teachings and ways to another, can clearly still have an impact on African American families today.

Then you have others who say “Well, that guy was never a slave, so it shouldn’t have any impact on him.”

Hm.

Reactions: Matt Laurer
Absolutely would be. Why would I not be? Why would I have reservations? My 18 year old daughters boyfriend is black. Well, mixed. His mother is black. Great person.
Again, what's the basis of this question? Are you wanting my answers? Or are you searching for your own?
That’s great. I’m trying to establish a baseline. I know I have some friends who claim to not be racist but would never want their child to date outside of their race. That cuts both ways (black and white). Just trying to get a handle on things.

Maybe sometime you should try to engage your daughters bf and ask him his perspective. Share your beliefs and experiences and see how his differ or align

That’s great. I’m trying to establish a baseline. I know I have some friends who claim to not be racist but would never want their child to date outside of their race. That cuts both ways (black and white). Just trying to get a handle on things.

Maybe sometime you should try to engage your daughters bf and ask him his perspective. Share your beliefs and experiences and see how his differ or align

That would likely be a worthwhile conversation.

Although to be fair, most 18 year olds don’t know shit. Maybe a conversation with the black parent? Although that could be SUPER awkward.

It would make sense... like, you have one type of people who say that the damage of slavery for hundreds of years, the complete destruction of the family unit and the underlying psychology of those centuries, all passed down by one generation and its teachings and ways to another, can clearly still have an impact on African American families today.

Then you have others who say “Well, that guy was never a slave, so it shouldn’t have any impact on him.”

Hm.
Exactly. Those people also usually rely on anecdotal evidence for those beliefs.

Which is ironic because anecdotal evidence doesn’t allow them to know how a minority views the world.

And they usually don’t know the words ‘anecdotal’ or ‘empirical’ for that matter.

I understand there are multiple factors that go into our experiences. But what I don't understand is how you somehow like you understand how a black guy feels when pulled over. Unless of course I've totally missed the part where you are black? But I don't think I did.
So tell me..whays your experience as a black.man getting pulled over?

That would likely be a worthwhile conversation.

Although to be fair, most 18 year olds don’t know shit. Maybe a conversation with the black parent? Although that could be SUPER awkward.
It would be great to try and have it with both and separately. Ask the white husband what he’s witnessed with the black wife. Ask her what she sees. See if you can get them to agree and disagree.

Separately have a similar convo with the kid.

I understand there are multiple factors that go into our experiences. But what I don't understand is how you somehow like you understand how a black guy feels when pulled over. Unless of course I've totally missed the part where you are black? But I don't think I did.
This would be great conversations to have with your daughter’s bf’s family

Exactly. Those people also usually rely on anecdotal evidence for those beliefs.

Which is ironic because anecdotal evidence doesn’t allow them to know how a minority views the world.

And they usually don’t know the words ‘anecdotal’ or ‘empirical’ for that matter.
Are you a minority? If not. Then how do you know?

I won’t speak for @TheDude1 but it seems like he’s willing to believe the stories shared by many minorities where you seem reject them.

Because dozens of black people have said so personally, and millions more have shared those experiences? Like... you do realize that “driving while black” is, you know... a thing?

Did you miss this somehow?

Reactions: Matt Laurer
I won’t speak for @TheDude1 but it seems like he’s willing to believe the stories shared by many minorities where you seem reject them.
Where have I done that? Show me a story where I've said such. See this is what I mean BY an all.or nothing approach.

Because dozens of black people have said so personally, and millions more have shared those experiences? Like... you do realize that “driving while black” is, you know... a thing?

Did you miss this somehow?
Ok. And I bet every single story was the truth. No bias. No agenda. All million plus stories were absolute. It's shaky ground TheDude when you harp about something, through the sometimes bias views of others.
Now the personal stories? I can't speculate on. I trust you. But how could you possibly vouch for millions of people you've never spoken to?

I don’t truly know how a minority feels so I can only on what many say over and over. You, OTH, seem to dismiss those claims. And I have no idea why.
Never done the such. Again, an all or nothing apptoach. I ABSOLUTELY agree racism is a problem. Just not at the scale you guys believe. Like I said...An all or nothing comcept. You guys rather want people like me to buy everything...or nothing. It doesn't work that way.

Why? So I can be like Dat and TheDude, and interject race into everything?

Hardly. It’s a valuable opportunity to connect with people outside of your norm. It’s not interjecting race when trying to understand others mindsets.

Where have I done that? Show me a story where I've said such. See this is what I mean BY an all.or nothing approach.
You have continually stood by the opinion that’s it’s not harder to be a minority in this country. You have pushed back on open conversation about it. I’m not calling you a racist. But you seem to have your mind made up and refuse to acknowledge a differing opinion.

Hardly. It’s a valuable opportunity to connect with people outside of your norm. It’s not interjecting race when trying to understand others mindsets.

You have continually stood by the opinion that’s it’s not harder to be a minority in this country. You have pushed back on open conversation about it. I’m not calling you a racist. But you seem to have your mind made up and refuse to acknowledge a differing opinion.

You make my point while I’m typing a response. You refuse to acknowledge there might be another side. You have a mountain of evidence starting you in the face but reject it.

Ok. And I bet every single story was the truth. No bias. No agenda. All million plus stories were absolute. It's shaky ground TheDude when you harp about something, through the sometimes bias views of others.
Now the personal stories? I can't speculate on. I trust you. But how could you possibly vouch for millions of people you've never spoken to?

Here comes the piggy backing of agreement between the extreme cons that will like each others posts regardless of the content. Letsgo says it doesn’t happen.
I said to give me an example of me jumping to the defense of other grown men who are capable of speaking for themselves. Liking someone's post (for me) only means that I agree with or laughed at or conceded with their point. It doesn't mean I am defending their every thought.

You contribute nothing to these conversations. You are nothing more than a yapping ankle biter. I used to enjoy conversations with you, but you have turned into Q lite.

Reactions: treyforuk
Never done the such. Again, an all or nothing apptoach. I ABSOLUTELY agree racism is a problem. Just not at the scale you guys believe. Like I said...An all or nothing comcept. You guys rather want people like me to buy everything...or nothing. It doesn't work that way.

Never done such a thing, eh????

Hmmm...

It’s not an all or nothing thing. We are saying racism is real and it adversely effects minoroties. You agree there MIGHT be some racism but it’s largley overblown and certainly doesn’t make life harder for a minority.

That’s a hard pill for some of us to swallow

Again, why I bring up a conversation to my 18 year old daughters boyfriend parents, concerning racism? So Bill, how's work? Oh, and just out of curiosity, to you get nervous when pulled ovet? Do you feel.slighted as a black man? I mean whybthe fvck would I want to.do that?
With people "outside of my.norm"? Huh? Dude I grew up in the projects. New Albany Housing Authority. 80% of my friends were black. I was 1 of 3 white guys onnyhe basketball.team.at New Albany. Most of my weekends were spent at my black friends house, playing basketball on his adjustable goal. And today? My college basketball.crew (s) exist of multiple black guys. I umpire college baseball with multiple black guys. So I'm not sure what you mean by that statememt.
I don't think it's as tough for a minority as you do. So that makes me.racist?
Again...its all or nothimg.

It’s not an all or nothing thing. We are saying racism is real and it adversely effects minoroties. You agree there MIGHT be some racism but it’s largley overblown and certainly doesn’t make life harder for a minority.

Why? And you're truly spinning things here. I never said there MIGHT be. I said there IS. I said it's a problem. And to an extent, yes it has an effect on minorities. But jey, it's your story.

I don't think it's as tough for a minority as you do. So that makes me.racist?
Again...its all or nothimg.
How would you know if you’re unwilling to have a conversation with a minority? You have stated multiple times you are in disbelief or all the stories being circulated.

I sincerely hope you work or the nerve one day to try and understand how another views the world.

You know, it’s a little ironic considering you constantly ask us to understand what referees endure on the court. You say we are way too hard on them.

Not sure anyone here claims racism doesn’t still exist. The argument for some on the right is that it doesn’t play nearly as big of a role as the left wants people to believe.

How would you know if you’re unwilling to have a conversation with a minority? You have stated multiple times you are in disbelief or all the stories being circulated.

I sincerely hope you work or the nerve one day to try and understand how another views the world.

You know, it’s a little ironic considering you constantly ask us to understand what referees endure on the court. You say we are way too hard on them.
How do you know he hasn’t had a conversation with a minority about this topic?

Sigh? Dude you're the one who quoted me not agreeing with all the millions of stories. And you did so to.prove that it's not an all.or nothing approach. Don t blame me for choosing so recklessly.

ADVERTISEMENT