ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

Holy shit you’re making something out of nothing. Did you even read the article? White people bitching about racism are the fvcking worst.
Holy shit. I made nothing out of nothing. I said there was nothing earth shattering and followed that with sarcasm.

White people talking about white people bitching about racism when they aren't even bitching about racism are the fvcking worst.

He just confirmed that in the culture he was brought up in, they are taught growing up that whitey is the devil. Nothing earth shattering here.

Maybe he is using this experience as a teaching opportunity for his children. He can teach them that whitey is not the devil.
He does so much good but it’s hard to take him seriously with comments like that. Seems like he’s trying to make something out of absolutely nothing.

He does so much good but it’s hard to take him seriously with comments like that. Seems like he’s trying to make something out of absolutely nothing.
Seems too me he should’ve just kept his feeling to himself.
I went to catholic schools my whole life. Being an interracial person I can relate to going to school with white kids my whole life.
I never had a single black classmate till my freshman year of high school. I wasn’t treated any different by the white kids in grade school, middle school or high school.
Honestly, I never really gave it much thought.

Seems too me he should’ve just kept his feeling to himself.
I went to catholic schools my whole life. Being an interracial person I can relate to going to school with white kids my whole life.
I never had a single black classmate till my freshman year of high school. I wasn’t treated any different by the white kids in grade school, middle school or high school.
Honestly, I never really gave it much thought.
Impossible. You had to have been held to a different standard and treated differently. Because that’s how things have to work.

But seriously, I try not to knock the guy for all of the wonderful things he does for the community and kids. But this comment tells me LeBron doesn’t always think things through.

Impossible. You had to have been held to a different standard and treated differently. Because that’s how things have to work.

But seriously, I try not to knock the guy for all of the wonderful things he does for the community and kids. But this comment tells me LeBron doesn’t always think things through.
Not really, I honestly can’t remember one time I felt weird or out of place.
I have a hard time believing that LeBron, being born in 1984, had no contact or interaction with white people.
I understand he lived in government housing but there were no poor white families in Akron Ohio? Sometimes saying nothing is the best thing you can say.

"His upbringing taught him to be distrustful of white people"...

Why?
Shit like this kills me.
Man if Brady said, " When I first got to Michigan, I didn't want anything to do with blacks. My upbringing taught Me not trust them"???
Lord have mercy. Yeah there's nondpuble standard here. And spare me the fvckin oppression, slavery, white power shit. LeBron James doesn't know shit about thay, except for he was told.

Oh, about that thread as to where what you would say, and not care about getting banned??

Yeah. This.

"His upbringing taught him to be distrustful of white people"...

Why?
Shit like this kills me.
Man if Brady said, " When I first got to Michigan, I didn't want anything to do with blacks. My upbringing taught Me not trust them"???
Lord have mercy. Yeah there's nondpuble standard here. And spare me the fvckin oppression, slavery, white power shit. LeBron James doesn't know shit about thay, except for he was told.

Oh, about that thread as to where what you would say, and not care about getting banned??

Yeah. This.
Holy shit you’re making something out of nothing. Did you even read the article? White people bitching about racism are the fvcking worst.

Reactions: SNU0821 and tw3301
Holy shit. I made nothing out of nothing. I said there was nothing earth shattering and followed that with sarcasm.

White people talking about white people bitching about racism when they aren't even bitching about racism are the fvcking worst.
I completely misread the second part of your post. My apologies.

I think it’s good that he said it. It’s better that it’s honest and out there and people hear this sort of stuff, rather than it get pushed down. If he heard that growing up, you are sure other people did too; maybe this will be a learning experience for them. Actually pretty refreshing thing for an athlete to say… They are usually way too guarded.

Dude Jimbo, @uncfan in ky was trying to stir the pot for no reason with this useless thread. Bron just said he didn't trust white people before he got to his HS but by the end of his freshman year he was hanging around with them.

This is just normal social development for a kid introduced to a new social setting and people want to make it all political for no reason and take things out of context.

Dude Jimbo, @uncfan in ky was trying to stir the pot for no reason with this useless thread. Bron just said he didn't trust white people before he got to his HS but by the end of his freshman year he was hanging around with them.

This is just normal social development for a kid introduced to a new social setting and people want to make it all political for no reason and take things out of context.
Why even say it?

@uncfan in ky You might as well start a thread with an article saying Leonardo DiCaprio thinks girls have cooties only for us to open up the article and find out that's what he thought in elementary school and has since gone on to hook up with hundreds of gorgeous women.

Look, if a white athlete said this....Well you know. He'd lose endorsememts. Any recognition, from any institue, program affiliated with. There would be backlash from all circles.
But a black athlete says this....And it's good?? He's hailed as a "hero" . A strong man standing up for his race. But if a white athlete were to do so, it wouldn't be "standing up for his peoplr". It would be racism.
So tired of this shit.
Accountability people. It's that simple.

Huh, he's just talking about his childhood.

It's like me saying I hated cooking growing up but now I've grown to enjoy it as I've gotten older.

But never mind, lets just latch on to any piece of news and spin it to fit our preconceived notions and agenda.
Hmmm. I'm curious. If this were Peyton Manning, would you brush it off as , "Oh he's just talking about his childhood".

facebook_1535580516726001_zps8s5vfryt.jpg

Hmmm. I'm curious. If this were Peyton Manning, would you brush it off as , "Oh he's just talking about his childhood".
I would describe Peyton as being extremely courageous and brave if he were to come out and say that he was scared of black people growing up when he was little.

It's sad that our political climate doesn't allow people to speak their minds about their childhood now that they're completely different people.

I'm guessing the idea of same sex marriage made most of us on this board sick in our stomachs when we were very young.

I would describe Peyton as being extremely courageous and brave if he were to come out and say that he was scared of black people growing up when he was little.

It's sad that our political climate doesn't allow people to speak their minds about their childhood now that they're completely different people.

I'm guessing the idea of same sex marriage made most of us on this board sick in our stomachs when we were very young.
You'd be The Only person to do so.
And same sex marriage still makes me sick.
Everything today is racist. It really is. And comments like this, Don t really , well, "help". As said, if a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady made similar comments about black people. They would be crucified by the media.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1130887002

Do you believe his quote about Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning? He could not be wrong with what he said about himself and white athletes. The media worships the ground LeBron walks on, and he says stuff like this.

You'd be The Only person to do so.
And same sex marriage still makes me sick.
Everything today is racist. It really is. And comments like this, Don t really , well, "help". As said, if a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady made similar comments about black people. They would be crucified by the media.

Absolutely, totally not true. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone ever talk about outgrowing racist tendencies and beliefs and get crucified for that. In fact, we tend to really respect those types. You know, stories of Ku Klux Klan members who are saved and stuff? You are wrong.

And your stance on same-sex marriage makes me shake my head. Thankfully you are old, and that sort of attitude is gradually dying out.

I have to say, peoples reactions to this in this thread, some of them are so strange. An influential black athlete is basically going on the air and telling young black kids to not buy into racist stuff about white people. And you guys get upset? You don’t want someone to talk about growing up and understanding that racism is wrong? How ****ing weird are you some of you people? You literally get upset without even understanding what is happening. And it is generally the same folks who get all angry when some of us say that there is a decent amount of racism in our history and our society... shouldn’t you guys be applauding this exact thing?

Last edited:
I grew up hating gays then @bignish sucked my dick.

In all reality it's a huge double standard instigated by political correctness. We can't be honest we can only say everything everyone does is great regardless of how we really feel or whether or not what someone is doing defies logic and/or basic science... Otherwise you're a racist bigot homophobe and destroyed by the media and/or social media.

And I have no problem with him feeling that way, he was ignorant when he was young and wasn't exposed to white people I guess. Obviously things changed.

My point in posting this was LeBron blamed white people for him growing up poor. That he was disadvantaged... Instead of blaming white people maybe he should put the blame where it belongs. On his parents.
He never knew his dad, his mom was 16 when she had him & instead of being a mother, she would leave him home alone & do her thing.
Yea, sounds like white people really had it in for him.

Reactions: SosaUK
My point in posting this was LeBron blamed white people for him growing up poor. That he was disadvantaged... Instead of blaming white people maybe he should put the blame where it belongs. On his parents.
He never knew his dad, his mom was 16 when she had him & instead of being a mother, she would leave him home alone & do her thing.

Wait wait wait. I did not hear him say that, or even imply that, at any point in that 1:45 long video. Not once. Not explicitly, not implied. Not once.

Reactions: Quavarius
Wait wait wait. I did not hear him say that, or even imply that, at any point in that 1:45 long video. Not once. Not explicitly, not implied. Not once.
From the article.
James explains where these ideas came from ... telling the guys his upbringing conditioned him to be distrustful of white people, which represented oppression to him since he grew up disadvantaged.

Reactions: SosaUK

Wait, maybe I am confused by your post... do you mean that LeBron was actively and currently blaming white people for growing up poor and use “blamed” in the past tense to indicate “when he was doing that interview”... or did you mean “blamed” past tense as in “growing up”?

Reactions: Quavarius
Wait, maybe I am confused by your post... do you mean that LeBron was actively and currently blaming white people for growing up poor and use “blamed” in the past tense to indicate “when he was doing that interview”... or did you mean “blamed” past tense as in “growing up”?
From when he was growing up. Sounds like adults in his life put these ideas in his head as a child.
I just don’t understand why he even brought this up.
I still say if Brady, Manning, Bird or any white superstar athlete said the same thing, he’d get crucified.

From when he was growing up. Sounds like adults in his life put these ideas in his head as a child.
I just don’t understand why he even brought this up.
I still say if Brady, Manning, Bird or any white superstar athlete said the same thing, he’d get crucified.

Ah, okay, I thought you meant now.

And I disagree entirely and absolutely.

If some white athlete was brought up in, say, the Deep South, and was like “When I was raised, we usually stayed away from black people, and then I met and lived around black people and I was like ‘Oh this is crazy, black people are just people,’” I disagree completely that most people would be upset with the athlete. I think they would say “Wow, look at what he is coming from, how messed up, great that he is speaking up about it and even calling it out.”

ADVERTISEMENT