ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

I'm not judging anyone. That's not my place. Just because I feel their lifestyle is wrong, doesn't mean I think they are bad people.

Uh... that is judging.

And Borden, not only do I think that is ridiculous belief, I also think it is literally against what I would assume Jesus would truly preach (to celebrate love and dedication to others) and, on top of that, I think it is an incredibly hurtful and insulting statement and sentiment. To be frank, I see it on the same level as saying that you think interracial marriage makes you sick. It’s a shame, and I am sure it hurts your cousin to hear you say and know that you believe it.

Last edited:
Such progressive tolerance on display here....countering homophobia with prejudice toward Christianity and Catholicism.

No extremists on either side are even close to tolerant human beings. But one side pretends to be.
Nope. Just making outlandish statements to illustrate how dumb it is to be homophobic in today’s society.

Sorry that one flew over your head.

Reactions: Quavarius
Nope. Just making outlandish statements to illustrate how dumb it is to be homophobic in today’s society.

Sorry that one flew over your head.

Yeah, no kidding. Wasn't even referring to your comment.

However, for the typical far lefty, that's not even considered an outlandish statement. It's considered perfectly acceptable and within PC boundaries to tee off on Christianity.

Also....demanding people accept your view of systemic racism and definition of privelage when we readily agree it exists or existed and you continue to beat a dead horse—-isn’t all all productive. Your mode of delivery isn’t effective at changing minds—-why bang the same drum. It isn’t working and oftentimes creates resentment instead of understanding. Recognizing you’re part of the problem isn’t that hard. I’ve been part of the problem bc my views don’t dent anyone’s opinion on the other side.
You can claim you agree systemic racism exists, but you demand examples that demonstrate you don't understand it, and you fight every example anyone ever gives.
I'm not part of the problem. Not being able to get through to people who refuse to get it isn't something I'm personally responsible for. In the meantime I'm doing the work to dismantle white supremacy every day. You are part of the problem because your opinions are naive, short-sighted, obstinate, and you don't listen. The reason you gave in confessing how you're part of the problem is another example: you shouldn't be "denting" the other side's opinions b/c your opinions are regressive and harmful.

Such progressive tolerance on display here....countering homophobia with prejudice toward Christianity and Catholicism.

No extremists on either side are even close to tolerant human beings. But one side pretends to be.
It is funny. I’m not religious and have no problem with people who are gay. The party of tolerance is anything but tolerant. The gift that keeps on giving.

The party of tolerance is anything but tolerant. The gift that keeps on giving.
Intolerance of intolerance isn't the same thing. That's an elementary level lesson. Here's the elementary school version. Here's the grown-up version. And here's the version where you can criticize the source, ignore all other content, and pretend you won the Internet.

Uh... that is judging.

And Borden, not only do I think that is ridiculous belief, I also think it is literally against what I would assume Jesus would truly preach (to celebrate love and dedication to others) and, on top of that, I think it is an incredibly hurtful and insulting statement and sentiment. To be frank, I see it on the same level as saying that you think interracial marriage makes you sick. It’s a shame, and I am sure it hurts your cousin to hear you say and know that you believe it.
Yep. Calling out Christianity that bears no resemblance to Christ's example is a service Christians who strive to follow His actual example should appreciate.

Intolerance of intolerance isn't the same thing. That's an elementary level lesson. Here's the elementary school version. Here's the grown-up version. And here's the version where you can criticize the source, ignore all other content, and pretend you won the Internet.

If you're going to be smug, you should at least understand the goddamn point.

I posted above that It's considered perfectly acceptable (by the far left) and within PC boundaries to tee off on Christianity.

If you disagree with that, you're a contrarian or completely delusional.

I didn't even specify the comments I was referring to in the first post. Although, for the record, "intolerance of intolerance" is often just a lame excuse to display legitimate intolerance in a passive aggressive way.

It's the paradox of tolerance. Pure tolerance cannot exist, and I don't think either side really claims otherwise.

You can claim you agree systemic racism exists, but you demand examples that demonstrate you don't understand it, and you fight every example anyone ever gives.
I'm not part of the problem. Not being able to get through to people who refuse to get it isn't something I'm personally responsible for. In the meantime I'm doing the work to dismantle white supremacy every day. You are part of the problem because your opinions are naive, short-sighted, obstinate, and you don't listen. The reason you gave in confessing how you're part of the problem is another example: you shouldn't be "denting" the other side's opinions b/c your opinions are regressive and harmful.
Keep living your life in the shadow of other people’s skin. You don’t see color, you see black and white.....and somehow think everyone should be an apologist. I’ll stand against those who spew racism and I’ll dismiss those that see it in everything. My refusal to accept your View of racism and how prevalent it is today is valid and rational. Your experience isn’t mine and mine seems to have been in surroundings that involved far few ignorant people. By all means.....keep up your racial carnival barking and I’ll keep posively effecting people around me by generalized respect. You’re inability to show an inch of humility says much more about you than me admitting I’m not as objective as I could be. Your too race obsessed and uncomfortable in your own skin to do anything else but pander to like minded people with the same blustery drivel on a loop. Youre a problem talker, not a problem fixer.

You'd be The Only person to do so.
And same sex marriage still makes me sick.
Everything today is racist. It really is. And comments like this, Don t really , well, "help". As said, if a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady made similar comments about black people. They would be crucified by the media.
Didn't a baseball player step in dogpoop when he posted something while in high school? N word maybe?

If you're going to be smug, you should at least understand the goddamn point.

I posted above that It's considered perfectly acceptable (by the far left) and within PC boundaries to tee off on Christianity.

If you disagree with that, you're a contrarian or completely delusional.

I didn't even specify the comments I was referring to in the first post. Although, for the record, "intolerance of intolerance" is often just a lame excuse to display legitimate intolerance in a passive aggressive way.
Please don't take my Lord's name in vain.

Copout deflection on the indisputable logic of "intolerance of intolerance" not being the same thing as intolerance.

Unfortunately, a bastardized, sick version of American Christianity has terrorized "the least of these" for nearly half a century. Like serial abusers who twist things around to make themselves look like the victims, pretending non-Christians and progressive Christians are throwing the first punch is a canard.

Here borden is spouting off about how he doesn't accept part of gay people's very humanity; whatever thing he thinks is his religion ain't representative of Christ as I know Him, and it deserves pushback.

Keep living your life in the shadow of other people’s skin. You don’t see color, you see black and white.....and somehow think everyone should be an apologist. I’ll stand against those who spew racism and I’ll dismiss those that see it in everything. My refusal to accept your View of racism and how prevalent it is today is valid and rational. Your experience isn’t mine and mine seems to have been in surroundings that involved far few ignorant people. By all means.....keep up your racial carnival barking and I’ll keep posively effecting people around me by generalized respect. You’re inability to show an inch of humility says much more about you than me admitting I’m not as objective as I could be. Your too race obsessed and uncomfortable in your own skin to do anything else but pander to like minded people with the same blustery drivel on a loop. Youre a problem talker, not a problem fixer.
lol There must have been a sale on canned talking points down at your local Super Saver.

"Generalized respect" is code for your not caring enough to respect people for who they specifically are. You're fine glossing over all of that, as long as the gloss is supremely white: meet you on your terms, accept your condescending substitute for respect on your terms, etc.

I'm plenty humble when the situation calls for it. This ain't the time. This is my wheelhouse. I live these ideals every day.

lol There must have been a sale on canned talking points down at your local Super Saver.

"Generalized respect" is code for your not caring enough to respect people for who they specifically are. You're fine glossing over all of that, as long as the gloss is supremely white: meet you on your terms, accept your condescending substitute for respect on your terms, etc.

I'm plenty humble when the situation calls for it. This ain't the time. This is my wheelhouse. I live these ideals every day.
Generalized respect is code for being a decent human to other decent humans. I don’t have a passion for people’s skin color and I think the amount of time you spend talking about skin color is borderline obsessive. I have so many other priorities that fall in line before any type of racial/social issue would ever be in the que. Not sure why you have such disdain for white people but you come off fairly racially biased. You have a knack for describing your own actions and then try to assign them to the opposition. Definition changing, demanding people accept your terms, using charged language, and a condescending attitude for anybody that suggest your racial ideas are overblown to most of us.

You’re consumed by race. For what reason, I don’t know. Maybe you and the wife should move to the Midwest bc most don’t put up with that kind of negative behavior. Most people help those bc it’s in their nature, not bc the govt forced them to. If your honest, work hard, and don’t pretend you know what other people’s priorities should be.....almostbeveryone will treat you well. But condescending pricks that have negative outlooks on life usually don’t do well.

I don’t know how much of what was posted above was aimed at me. I’d assume very little, since saying “It’s pretty sad that you say such terrible stuff about who people fall in love with and marry, and even say it to your family members, and I don’t think your religion truly dictates that you must feel that way” shouldn’t rustle many feathers here, and most certainly is not some terrible example of intolerance.

This place is like crazy pills sometimes. I genuinely wonder how much of it comes from people simply being unwilling to say sorry or show an ounce of give, and how much is because people are willing to say much more hateful shit when they are not looking at someone face to face.

Generalized respect is code for being a decent human to other decent humans. I don’t have a passion for people’s skin color and I think the amount of time you spend talking about skin color is borderline obsessive. I have so many other priorities that fall in line before any type of racial/social issue would ever be in the que. Not sure why you have such disdain for white people but you come off fairly racially biased. You have a knack for describing your own actions and then try to assign them to the opposition. Definition changing, demanding people accept your terms, using charged language, and a condescending attitude for anybody that suggest your racial ideas are overblown to most of us.

You’re consumed by race. For what reason, I don’t know. Maybe you and the wife should move to the Midwest bc most don’t put up with that kind of negative behavior. Most people help those bc it’s in their nature, not bc the govt forced them to. If your honest, work hard, and don’t pretend you know what other people’s priorities should be.....almostbeveryone will treat you well. But condescending pricks that have negative outlooks on life usually don’t do well.

Really? A white male who has lots of priorities before social or racial issues are important to him? Everyone will just... treat you well if you are honest and hard working? Gee, you don’t say?

Eyeroll

T, you seem to think that this simple approach of “just be good and everything will be fine” will work. It works less for people who do not control a lot of the important elements of our society, and many people of many minority groups have been shouting this from the rooftop for a long time. You tend to dismiss them, to hold fast to the idea that your own experiences are the absolute way of the world, and then ignore anyone with background and a different life experience than you and experience in these matters who tries to tell you about this. You talk about how we all need to listen to each other to fix things... but I feel like you basically never listen. Everyone understands the value of being decent in your own personal life and experiences. This is not some new concept. But some of us also understand the myriad of influences beyond our own control, and how they have profound impacts on people’s lives.

You can get pissed at me and call me names for saying this, or just listen and try to take it in a bit. Up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dattier
I don’t know how much of what was posted above was aimed at me. I’d assume very little, since saying “It’s pretty sad that you say such terrible stuff about who people fall in love with and marry, and even say it to your family members, and I don’t think your religion truly dictates that you must feel that way” shouldn’t rustle many feathers here, and most certainly is not some terrible example of intolerance.

This place is like crazy pills sometimes. I genuinely wonder how much of it comes from people simply being unwilling to say sorry or show an ounce of give, and how much is because people are willing to say much more hateful shit when they are not looking at someone face to face.

I think most here would say the same stuff, if having the same conversation, face to face.

I get migraines if I'm out in the sun for a few(+) hours without adequate eye protection.
20/20 vision, sensitive eyes tho..
Could also be heat related, but with the increased water intake, maybe not..

You prolly need to come see me right away and let me give you the proper diagnosis!:D

Reactions: KisteK
That’s it’s damn it, I’m placing all 911 calls on hold and I’m getting on YouTube and blasting some Bon Jovi so I can get this song outta my head!!!:mad:

If you haven't gotten it by now, the odds you ever will are slim: RACE IS CONSUMING. What's obsessive is how race has negatively influenced people's lives in this country since colonial times.

I am white, and you're an idiot to call me arrogant in one breath, then accuse me of hating white people in the next.

I've been incredibly patient with you regarding terminology that has existed since before you were born that you are too backward to be aware of, and I've been restrained in their use. You can't accept the slightest deviation from your pathetically narrow worldview where objective truth is inherently white. It's obvious in the way you flip out every time someone uses a term in any way you're not familiar with.

Really? A white male who has lots of priorities before social or racial issues are important to him? Everyone will just... treat you well if you are honest and hard working? Gee, you don’t say?

Eyeroll

T, you seem to think that this simple approach of “just be good and everything will be fine” will work. It works less for people who do not control a lot of the important elements of our society, and many people of many minority groups have been shouting this from the rooftop for a long time. You tend to dismiss them, to hold fast to the idea that your own experiences are the absolute way of the world, and then ignore anyone with background and a different life experience than you and experience in these matters who tries to tell you about this. You talk about how we all need to listen to each other to fix things... but I feel like you basically never listen. Everyone understands the value of being decent in your own personal life and experiences. This is not some new concept. But some of us also understand the myriad of influences beyond our own control, and how they have profound impacts on people’s lives.

You can get pissed at me and call me names for saying this, or just listen and try to take it in a bit. Up to you.
That’s my approach. Be good to people that are good people. I will not picket, I won’t protest, I won’t hold signs. I won’t bring it up in every convo because I can’t tend to everyone’s problems and still have time to take care of my priorities. I think white people will always have a contingent that doesn’t like blacks and blacks will have an equal amount that hate whites. What I dismiss is others bloviating about how I need to somehow lead this charge and see it exactly as they do—-I don’t. There are equally or more important issues regarding Americans that I give my time.....and I find it way more important.

If you haven't gotten it by now, the odds you ever will are slim: RACE IS CONSUMING. What's obsessive is how race has negatively influenced people's lives in this country since colonial times.

I am white, and you're an idiot to call me arrogant in one breath, then accuse me of hating white people in the next.

I've been incredibly patient with you regarding terminology that has existed since before you were born that you are too backward to be aware of, and I've been restrained in their use. You can't accept the slightest deviation from your pathetically narrow worldview where objective truth is inherently white. It's obvious in the way you flip out every time someone uses a term in any way you're not familiar with.
I’m Unwilling to accept YOUR personal ideas of racism. I reject the way you obsess about it. My objective truth has nothing to do with my skin color.

You argue to argue....when you can’t mske your point you argue points within a point until we aren’t even having the same convo. You are consumed by skin color plain and simple and it’s a sad world to have to live in. I just hope you change your method of delivery bc you basically are just an echo chamber from the progressive media concerning race.....and look how well it’s been received. Your method has made the divide greater than any time period in our lives..........once again, you don’t get to accuse people of doing the very things you do and get away with it—-i know that gets under your skin bc it’s the stone cold truth.

They have a sale on Kleenex at wal mart for all you crybabies.
tenor.gif

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
The left enjoys calling conservative Christians intolerant. It's very helpful for letting people know who the really tolerant crowd is. The thing is, I don't obsess over homosexuality in the way that the left portrays typical Christians. I honestly don't know many people that do obsess about the topic, to be honest.

I don't agree with gay marriage myself (and neither do the scriptures), but I don't go over to anyone and tell them that they're living a sinful life. I've had gay co-workers, gay friends, gay teammates. I don't tell them, "Hey! You need to change your lifestyle or you're going to hell!" And you know what else? I also don't go over to my heterosexual teammates and say, "Hey! You're going to hell for fornicating - and watching pornography!" Seriously people, just because we disagree with something, doesn't mean we're here to try to control your life. No one is trying to take away your humanity (as @Dattier would put it). If you have a different set of beliefs, that's fine. You live your life, you seek after happiness, and so will I.

The only place I really need to talk about my personal feelings on marriage, and how it's meant to be a sacred union between man and woman, is in the home or in the church... or if someone specifically asks my opinion on the matter. I don't think God wants us to live our life in such a way that we become very rigid and self-righteous - that inevitably leads to unhappiness. That's not helping anyone. Jesus himself said, "Agree with thine adversary quickly." To that, I believe he means we need to be agreeable, be humble, look for the good in others, and try to find common ground... You can still love people and not agree with them on every issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT