ADVERTISEMENT

Childish Gambino "This is America" Music Video---

You don’t get to dictate what people believe. Just because you and others don’t think he disrespected the flag, doesn’t mean others don’t have a different view which is just as valid as your own. Your view is no more right than my own. You don’t think he disrespected the flag. I do. Nothing you’re going to say is going to change my mind. I have family that served. I think it’s absolutely disrespectful to kneel.

Kaep has the right to kneel just like everyone else has the right to criticize him for it.

But dummies are preventing him from earning a living because they fail to differentiate what he is doing and respecting that.

But dummies are preventing him from earning a living because they fail to differentiate what he is doing and respecting that.
Nah. He made a decision on the job and is paying the price for it. Simple business decision, really. Sign Kaep, have less fans/viewers. Don’t sign Kaep, don’t have those problems. Pretty simple.

And who is preventing him from earning a living? I’m sure there are plenty of McDonalds hiring Assistant Manager positions he could possibly/maybe qualify for...

Nah. He made a decision on the job and is paying the price for it. Simple business decision, really. Sign Kaep, have less fans/viewers. Don’t sign Kaep, don’t have those problems. Pretty simple.

And who is preventing him from earning a living? I’m sure there are plenty of McDonalds hiring Assistant Manager positions he could possibly/maybe qualify for...

No the business decision was made by racist people whether it be subconsciously or consciously. You kid of remind me of a guy I grew up with who protested the Super Bowl because of the kneeling. He just failed to mention that every time we played a predominately black school....he would say “look at all those N word”. But but it’s about disrespecting a flag.....

I respect that some people feel their lives have improved. President Trump is my President, too, and he isn't helping me or people I love.

You're gloating about people's actual lives being negatively impacted. I see @AFSTALLION13 has shown up to like your post, too. Where is Christ's love in any of that?

Until I become convinced you're a Christian, your rebuke falls flat.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
No the business decision was made by racist people whether it be subconsciously or consciously. You kid of remind me of a guy I grew up with who protested the Super Bowl because of the kneeling. He just failed to mention that every time we played a predominately black school....he would say “look at all those N word”. But but it’s about disrespecting a flag.....
There is so much dumb in this. But then again, nobody ever accused you of being smart. So...

There is so much dumb in this. But then again, nobody ever accused you of being smart. So...

Again I am stupid but you ignore all the stupidity in the NFL by allowing women beaters, dog abuses, drug users, etc...that’s OK. A black man stands up for police brutality against black people...it has nothing to do with race. Sure bud.

Again I am stupid but you ignore all the stupidity in the NFL by allowing women beaters, dog abuses, drug users, etc...that’s OK. A black man stands up for police brutality against black people...it has nothing to do with race. Sure bud.
Who said all of those things were ok? And it doesn’t have anything to do with race. You and other idiots are trying to make it about race. Pretty standard race card and victim card.

Who said all of those things were ok? And it doesn’t have anything to do with race. You and other idiots are trying to make it about race.

What caused a revolt by fans and “conservative” commentators/media to blow their gaskets? The black man standing up for black rights. Not the ones mentioned.

What caused a revolt by fans and “conservative” commentators/media to blow their gaskets? The black man standing up for black rights. Not the ones mentioned.
Nah. It was an idiot disrespecting the flag, our veterans, armed service members and our country.

But by all means, keep playing the race card and the victim card. It may get you somewhere eventually. Lol

Until I become convinced you're a Christian, your rebuke falls flat.
Just a question. Where is Christ's love in celebrating tearing families apart?

Okay, say I'm not a Christian. What kind of witness for Christ are you providing? Why would anyone want to follow a deity you claim to follow?

Last edited:
Nah. It was an idiot disrespecting the flag, our veterans, armed service members and our country.

But by all means, keep playing the race card and the victim card. It may get you somewhere eventually. Lol

Again he went to a white soldier who told him the best way to protest. That shows respect. You morons said he hates police. Dattier proved that wrong. Keep swinging....you morons keep forgetting that fact. He had the respect to get advice from someone who thought what he originally was doing was wrong.

You don’t get to dictate what people believe. Just because you and others don’t think he disrespected the flag, doesn’t mean others don’t have a different view which is just as valid as your own. Your view is no more right than my own. You don’t think he disrespected the flag. I do. Nothing you’re going to say is going to change my mind. I have family that served. I think it’s absolutely disrespectful to kneel.

Kaep has the right to kneel just like everyone else has the right to criticize him for it.
When I say, "He doesn't decry all cops" and then provide evidence, that's a matter of fact, not belief. Besides, I said it in response to your saying he was "Decrying all cops." Wouldn't your statement equally be some attempt to dictate what someone else believes?

I point that out in good faith. I hope you'll take it that way.

You are welcome to consider it disrespectful to kneel. If you lash out at others' differing pov, especially after standing so firmly on principle about your own right to feel some way, that's hypocritical. If you attribute to Kaep the intention to disrespect the flag, or deny that there are many, many Veterans who are completely fine w/ his kneeling, you're just not being reasonable, consistent, or honest.

Just a question. Where is Christ's love in celebrating tearing families apart?

Since I haven't been posting in these threads before you tagged me, this must be in reference to a post I liked. Is this one it?

Tell your friends torn away by ICE to come into our country legally and they won’t have that problem. Didn’t realize you hang out with criminals, Datt.

That is spot on and I gave it a like. Certainly no "celebrating tearing families apart" narrative you're trying to sell. That's egregious even for you.

Okay, say I'm not a Christian. What kind of witness for Christ are you providing? Why would anyone want to follow a deity you claim to follow?

Reminds me of the times some say I don't like how you witness and spread the Gospel. I respond "oh, how do you do it?" They respond "I don't". I counter with Jesus likes the way I do it better than your way of not doing it. I've had the same signature gif for years in every post. I don't try and sneak up on anyone.

"Why would anyone want to follow a deity you claim to follow?" That sounds like a Gospel question. Here you go...

When you die you are going to stand before almighty God and give an account for your life.
Because He is holy, righteous, and just He is going to judge you by His perfect moral standard in thought, word, and deed. If found guilty of breaking His law because He is holy, righteous, and just He must punish sin. The punishment God has ascribed for sin is eternity in hell.

In addition to being holy, righteous, and just God is also gracious, loving, kind, and merciful. There is only 1 way you can escape His holy wrath. That is through His Son Jesus Christ. 2000 years ago God the Father sent His Son to Earth in the person of Jesus Christ fully God and fully man without sin.

Unlike you or I He never broke God's law in thought, word, or deed. He was the perfect sinless Lamb of God. In about 30-33 years into that existence, He voluntarily went to the cross and suffered a bloody and horrible death that He did not deserve to take upon Himself the punishment that you and I rightfully deserve for our sins against God.

Then, 3 days later He forever defeated sin and death when He rose from the grave. Now what God has commanded of you and the same He commands of me and people everywhere is to repent, turn from your sin, and by faith and faith alone receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Savior.

God literally looked at His Son, who knew no sin, as though He lived your life. In return, God looks at you as though you lived His Son's perfect life. Jesus says unless a person is born again they will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. He will give you a new heart with new desires. You will begin to hate the things God hates and love the things God loves. When you do die and stand before Him instead of receiving what you deserve for your sin which is hell you will receive what you don't deserve which is grace, mercy, and eternal life with Jesus Christ the Lord.

Public board and how dare you. I've had people around me torn away from their families by ICE. I have gay friends in the military who have major concerns about the kneejerk, impulsive decisions our President makes pandering to evangelicals.

And I work in public ed. In NC. The uncertainty surrounding DACA and less funding for schools is something that affects me every day of my life.

I can't believe you're this disrespectful over a genuine, personal answer.
This just seems like a huge exaggeration. On the issue of ICE, they only focus on people who have been arrested for a crime here. Do they have a different policy where you are?

Your gay friends in the military, are they just concerned, or has Trump done something to change their lives in a negative way?

This whole DACA situation was manufactured by the last president. It is hard to address this without sounding unsympathetic, but it should have never existed. I don't think anyone really wants to just kick out people who grew up here. But the dems won't even negotiate a new deal. It is Obama's illegal deal or no deal. So how is this on Trump?

Reminds me of the times some say I don't like how you witness and spread the Gospel. I respond "oh, how do you do it?" They respond "I don't". I counter with Jesus likes the way I do it better than your way of not doing it. I've had the same signature gif for years in every post. I don't try and sneak up on anyone.

"Why would anyone want to follow a deity you claim to follow?" That sounds like a Gospel question. Here you go...

When you die you are going to stand before almighty God and give an account for your life.
Because He is holy, righteous, and just He is going to judge you by His perfect moral standard in thought, word, and deed. If found guilty of breaking His law because He is holy, righteous, and just He must punish sin. The punishment God has ascribed for sin is eternity in hell.

In addition to being holy, righteous, and just God is also gracious, loving, kind, and merciful. There is only 1 way you can escape His holy wrath. That is through His Son Jesus Christ. 2000 years ago God the Father sent His Son to Earth in the person of Jesus Christ fully God and fully man without sin.

Unlike you or I He never broke God's law in thought, word, or deed. He was the perfect sinless Lamb of God. In about 30-33 years into that existence, He voluntarily went to the cross and suffered a bloody and horrible death that He did not deserve to take upon Himself the punishment that you and I rightfully deserve for our sins against God.

Then, 3 days later He forever defeated sin and death when He rose from the grave. Now what God has commanded of you and the same He commands of me and people everywhere is to repent, turn from your sin, and by faith and faith alone receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Savior.

God literally looked at His Son, who knew no sin, as though He lived your life. In return, God looks at you as though you lived His Son's perfect life. Jesus says unless a person is born again they will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. He will give you a new heart with new desires. You will begin to hate the things God hates and love the things God loves. When you do die and stand before Him instead of receiving what you deserve for your sin which is hell you will receive what you don't deserve which is grace, mercy, and eternal life with Jesus Christ the Lord.
Oh, wall of text would convince a non-believer?

As for your sig gif, I'll let you finish this one: "You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, ______________________."

On your witness: "Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you _________." And just a couple verses later, "[A] person is considered righteous by ________________."

You've aligned yourself with hate. You're treating this like sport, pointing and saying, "Scoreboard!"

It's because you are sticking up for the NFL blacklisting Kaepernick and you are OK with NFL owners to sign horrible QBs.
I don't know what it is going to take to break through the thickness before your brain. I am giving you indisputable reasons why Kaepernick doesn't have a job. You keep focusing on other quarterbacks having jobs as if Kaepernick is not the reason why HE doesn't have a job. It doesn't matter if he may be a better QB than other QBs, he has kept himself out of the league. It's funny how when he was playing, people had no problem calling him a garbage QB. Now that he is a SJW, he's so much better than all these other QBs.

And yet those everyday, in the grind of real life people voted for Donald Trump. Not sure how to explain that one, especially when these same people hate celebrities and their opinions.
It's real simple. Those folks are gonna do the opposite of what "Hollywood" generally portrays politically. Many of those folks never changed their political affiliation either with their vote for Trump. BTW the same can be said for those that voted for Hill Dawg. She just didn't happen to win. The more reasonable people had a tendency to vote for neither. More people didn't vote for anyone of the 2 candidates among eligible voters , compared to eligible voters that actually voted for either Trump or Hillary. And honestly I think most of those people voted for the rest on their ballots back on 2016. Just not for who would be president.

Reactions: SNU0821
Again he went to a white soldier who told him the best way to protest. That shows respect. You morons said he hates police. Dattier proved that wrong. Keep swinging....you morons keep forgetting that fact. He had the respect to get advice from someone who thought what he originally was doing was wrong.
Again, and you’re not smart enough to understand that that one white guy doesn’t speak for the rest of the country.

You have to be just trollling. You really can’t be this dumb. Like, really can’t be this dumb.

I think its about as sad a day as we can get, when you are considered racist for not wanting people to kneel for our flag. I know a lot of democrats that were offended by Kaps actions, so I have no idea where one of these left posters was trying to go with that "its all republicans" crap. Tough shit if you don't like how some people feel about Kap and his antics. Calling people racist because they think differently than you is why Trump won and why he might win again.

Public board and how dare you. I've had people around me torn away from their families by ICE. I have gay friends in the military who have major concerns about the kneejerk, impulsive decisions our President makes pandering to evangelicals.

And I work in public ed. In NC. The uncertainty surrounding DACA and less funding for schools is something that affects me every day of my life.

I can't believe you're this disrespectful over a genuine, personal answer.

Dude, those people are brainwashed and have no clue about reality except for what Sean Hannity tells them. You can't expect them to take genuine answers genuinely, when they have no regard for or interest in the truth.

Dude, those people are brainwashed and have no clue about reality except for what Sean Hannity tells them. You can't expect them to take genuine answers genuinely, when they have no regard for or interest in the truth.
And people like you are so brainwashed that you literally believe every little thing Don Lemmon or any other liberal in the main stream media says. Can't expect you to actually think for yourself and draw your own conclusions, that would be too much work for you...

Enjoy Trump for the next six plus years. :)

Give me an example of how racists are emboldened. I would say that it is people like you who are brainwashed. Using Sean Hannity as a way to insult people does not help your cause. Personally, I don't give him any of my time, I don't use him to prove a point and I sure as hell don't need to join his obsessions in order to see for myself that when people claim that racism has been emboldened by Trump winning the election without any real evidence to prove it, it is them that have been brainwashed and it is them who let their thoughts be controlled by the msm.

I think its about as sad a day as we can get, when you are considered racist for not wanting people to kneel for our flag. I know a lot of democrats that were offended by Kaps actions, so I have no idea where one of these left posters was trying to go with that "its all republicans" crap. Tough shit if you don't like how some people feel about Kap and his antics. Calling people racist because they think differently than you is why Trump won and why he might win again.
Yup. Let them keep banging this drum. We'll win again in 2020. I'm ok with that.

When I say, "He doesn't decry all cops" and then provide evidence, that's a matter of fact, not belief. Besides, I said it in response to your saying he was "Decrying all cops." Wouldn't your statement equally be some attempt to dictate what someone else believes?

I point that out in good faith. I hope you'll take it that way.

You are welcome to consider it disrespectful to kneel. If you lash out at others' differing pov, especially after standing so firmly on principle about your own right to feel some way, that's hypocritical. If you attribute to Kaep the intention to disrespect the flag, or deny that there are many, many Veterans who are completely fine w/ his kneeling, you're just not being reasonable, consistent, or honest.
That's fair. I shouldn't have said "all" cops. But he certainly isn't out there advocating for police officers or at least it doesn't at all seem that way. It seems as though he is attacking cops for the actions of a few. But you are correct, I should not have said, all. Funny how you point that out to me, but don't point it out to the other liberals in here completely lumping anyone who doesn't like the kneeling during the national anthem as racist. Why do you point that out to me, but not to them? Honest question.

Reactions: Dattier
A few things here after just now reading this shit show.

—not all republicans are sexist, racist just like not all democrats are pussies who don’t take personal responsibility.
—The far left and far right are making it seem like most of us regular people (minus the dbag IU fan) are so far off with our POVs when in reality we aren’t that far off.
Example: I am a registered republican as nearly every person in south central Kentucky is. I think our government is too big and is in our lives in too many different areas. I am also very socially liberal. Legalize drugs and generally just let people live the way they want as long as it doesn’t negatively impact others. My social views hit people the wrong way around here but my fiscal views hit a lot of dems the wrong way.
— Literally none of the republican stereotypes apply to me. I didn’t vote for trump. I voted for Gov Johnson mainly to try to help get the libertarian party to 5% but I probably will vote for trump in 2020 because my pay check is bigger and the dude just took care of one of the biggest problems in the world with NOrth Korea.

—kneeling for the anthem doesn’t bother me anymore than kids eating tide pods or snorting condoms. I refuse to let other people’s actions bother me. We live in a great country that allows everyone to have their own opinion and identity and I feel like the lives we live are what shape that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Da_Bull
Oh, wall of text would convince a non-believer?

As for your sig gif, I'll let you finish this one: "You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, ______________________."

On your witness: "Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you _________." And just a couple verses later, "[A] person is considered righteous by ________________."

You've aligned yourself with hate. You're treating this like sport, pointing and saying, "Scoreboard!"

"Oh, wall of text would convince a non-believer?"

That wall of text is the Gospel. The Holy Spirit convicts non-believers not Christians. We plant seeds and water them many times. Sometimes they sprout other times they don't.

If you're going to misapply scripture with me as being whitewashed tombs, should I refer to you as Judas and tell you to enjoy your thirty pieces of silver?

"Scoreboard"? I'm doing what all Christians are commanded to do.

As an IU grad, I feel the need to apologize for snu, He's quite the embarrassment.
Yeah? Why am I an embarrassment? Because my opinions and beliefs are different from yours? I’m sorry little snowflake.

If people are calling you racist for that, they should do a better job of explaining what they mean.

Systemic racism includes within it that people can be unwitting pawns helping perpetrate it. They don't have to intend it or want to, but if their actions work to maintain something with racial bias ingrained in it, they're contributing to it.

For example, President Clinton's administration is responsible for the disproportionate sentencing for crack compared to cocaine. The intention was to target the violent by-products of the crack trade in poor neighborhoods, but the result was disproportionate numbers of people of color being locked up for longer periods of time for mere possession. Meanwhile wealthier, whiter people busted for cocaine were given far more leniency for possession, including shorter sentences and more treatment options, based on nothing more than the difference between powder and rock. That's systemic racism at work, and not one person enforcing it from statehouse to street had to have consciously racist intent. Many of them probably thought they were helping people of color.

With Kaep, being distracted by the gesture at the expense of the cause means the issue of police reform and relationships in communities of color don't get addressed, allowing systemic racism to continue unabated.

That's fair. I shouldn't have said "all" cops. But he certainly isn't out there advocating for police officers or at least it doesn't at all seem that way. It seems as though he is attacking cops for the actions of a few. But you are correct, I should not have said, all. Funny how you point that out to me, but don't point it out to the other liberals in here completely lumping anyone who doesn't like the kneeling during the national anthem as racist. Why do you point that out to me, but not to them? Honest question.
That's fair, as well. I tend to pay more attention to the posts of people I disagree with. People I agree with aren't telling me anything new, usually, so I tend to skim. And it's a lot easier to see the food on someone else's face than on your own, so like most people, things like that are harder for me to see b/c it's surrounded by stuff I generally agree with.

It just so happens I replied to jimbo just now on that very subject. When people truly understand systemic and institutional racism, it's not as personal and not as much a condemnation to have it pointed out that you're contributing to it.

A couple decades ago, when I was just starting my career as a classroom teacher, a fellow male teacher who coached the volleyball team was walking from the gym to his room after practice to put away some equipment. A female volleyball player waiting for her ride was walking with him, helping carry stuff. He opened his door, then walked across to his desk with the equipment and with the lights off. When he turned to take the other bag of stuff from the player, she was still standing in the doorway. He gestured for her to bring it over to him, but she wouldn't. He thought it was weird and less than cooperative, but walked back across the room and took it from her. Shortly thereafter, she was picked up and went home.

After practice the next day, her dad came up to him, made small talk, and then before he left, said, "Hey, just so you know, she felt kind of uncomfortable walking with you into a dark room at the end of a long hall with no one else around." It wasn't an accusation, and my friend thanked the dad for telling him. It was a good lesson in how being a bigger, older, male authority can inadvertently make someone uncomfortable. The feelings from those types of experiences can carry over into other parts of interpersonal stuff. When we're aware of that, we do what we can to avoid it. When we aren't aware of it, the person who raises our awareness is helping us.

Going right for "racist!" is like going right for "sexual predator!" in my friend's situation, and whatever possible lesson is likely to be lost.

If you weren't trolling before, you certainly are now.
After I mentioned DACA concerns and families being ripped apart, you liked this post:
"Tell your friends torn away by ICE to come into our country legally and they won’t have that problem. Didn’t realize you hang out with criminals, Datt."

By definition, DACA recipients were brought here as children. They are not responsible for being here. Many of them have never known any other home. They have siblings born here. Dismissing them as flippantly as snu did is callous, uncharitable, and aligns with no interpretation of Christ's ministry I've ever seen. And you liked it.

After I mentioned DACA concerns and families being ripped apart, you liked this post:
"Tell your friends torn away by ICE to come into our country legally and they won’t have that problem. Didn’t realize you hang out with criminals, Datt."

By definition, DACA recipients were brought here as children. They are not responsible for being here. Many of them have never known any other home. They have siblings born here. Dismissing them as flippantly as snu did is callous, uncharitable, and aligns with no interpretation of Christ's ministry I've ever seen. And you liked it.
I am coming into this late and have no point of reference to how this back and forth started. Reality is we have to have some type of legit immigration control in this country. Dem's and Republicans have both said 15-20 years ago we can't have a revolving door for people from Mexico like we currently have. The problem has never been fixed and the reality is a lot of illegal immigrants come here , work , don't pay taxes , and go back to Mexico once or twice a year to hide their tax free earnings. I am also talking about Mexicans that have grown up in the US system off the radar learned the US system and are still taking advantage of it by sending anything they make back to Mexico to essentially keep it from the federal/state governments. I come across this all the time in the construction industry. I know if I wasn't paying taxes on my earnings you and many on this board would say "that's not right". So I know you like to play the "pull at heart strings" card. But it's gonna have to get uncomfortable for some folks before the obvious problem with immigration from Mexico is fixed. You expedite the DACA people who have been here forever . assimilated , and have a good record (of what records we have). Get them identified and in the system and have them contribute to the tax base. But the ones that refuse to play by the rules and keep doing the same old things after offering proper on the grid citizenship to them. You have to get rid of them and put them on a list that will make it harder for them to get a 2nd chance. Switzerland has extremely strict immigration/citizenship laws and everyone talks about how well "they have their sh!t together as a country".

If you noticed I didn't mention anything about Jesus or Christianity. Because it has nothing to do with the immigration issue at hand.

Last edited:

Far be it from me to like a post you disagree with. Being in favor of laws, border control, and legal immigration aren't mutually exclusive with compassion for those involved. When you can't get someone to agree with you, resorting to taking a stance that you have more compassion is textbook leftist tactics. Trying to emotionally and/or spiritually blackmail someone to agree with you will be a futile attempt. You don't have a monopoly on compassion.

Reactions: Spacegrass
ADVERTISEMENT