ADVERTISEMENT

College basketball coaches on hot seat: Who is lacking job security and might need a good 2020-21

Some people are triggered by the truth...

Would be much easier for a lot of teams in the B1G and Big 12 to compete in the SEC or PAC 12.

Taking nothing away from what Kentucky is doing but going into this season that looks like the truth

Things could change obviously

But playing Kansas and Baylor twice each and then WVU, Texas or Tech twice makes things tough.

Again, you seem confused by the meaning of truth vs super duper homer speculation. "Looks like the truth" - what a compelling set of facts by super duper homer!

Please just win it all TX. I want to celebrate with this guy. Truth.

FIFY

The sources I cited came out within the last week.

I think UK will probably end up in the NIT like they always do and TX will probably go to the E8 like they always do.

The Big 12 will probably send 7 teams to the E8 and 13 teams to the S16.

Kentucky usually returns a little more than they are this year. Wouldn’t be surprising to see another season like 17-18. Also wouldn’t be surprising to see a top 10 team all year. Not sure why anyone would have a strong opinion one way or the other right now.

I honestly have no idea how UK is going to be this season. It could go either way or right down the middle. History has proven not to bet against UK/Calipari/talent, but who knows when all but one player is new. (counting Allen as new)

I honestly have no idea how UK is going to be this season. It could go either way or right down the middle. History has proven not to bet against UK/Calipari/talent, but who knows when all but one player is new. (counting Allen as new)
This is correct, but history has shown that Calipari consistently has good teams while Shaka consistently has sht teams. I can’t believe that the nutcase is even comparing the two teams and coaches.

Reactions: RunninRichie
One thing for sure. Calipari isn't on any hot seat.

Just the last two weeks.

- Waiver for Olivier Sarr to play right away
- Waiver for Jacob Toppin to play right away
- Commitment from five-star junior Skyy Clark
- Commitment from top-35 recruit Bryce Hopkins
- Commitment from top-25 recruit Daimion Collins (from Texas)

Not to mention Calipari just stole Jai Lucas (who played at UT) from Shaka.

But hypotheticals and opinions are fun.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
One thing for sure. Calipari isn't on any hot seat.

Just the last two weeks.

- Waiver for Olivier Sarr to play right away
- Waiver for Jacob Toppin to play right away
- Commitment from five-star junior Skyy Clark
- Commitment from top-35 recruit Bryce Hopkins
- Commitment from top-25 recruit Daimion Collins (from Texas)

Not to mention Calipari just stole Jai Lucas (who played at UT) from Shaka.

But hypotheticals and opinions are fun.

That should show Texas fanboy where they are on the basketball food chain. Hell, Cal could probably take Shaka from them too and make him an assistant.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is correct, but history has shown that Calipari consistently has good teams while Shaka consistently has sht teams. I can’t believe that the nutcase is even comparing the two teams and coaches.

Who is comparing anything...

Someone took offense to my point about if Texas was in the SEC or PAC 12 they could possibly win the conference.

Kentucky was brought up because of insecurity. Someone telling me how great Kentucky was and Calipari and how they are always in the Regional Finals...

Shaka has a tough schedule and because of this will find things much tougher to live up to expectations...

Would be easier if he was in the SEC or PAC 12

Kentucky usually returns a little more than they are this year. Wouldn’t be surprising to see another season like 17-18. Also wouldn’t be surprising to see a top 10 team all year. Not sure why anyone would have a strong opinion one way or the other right now.

Yeah I think we all see that as a possibility. They could even be a cut lower. Or a cut or two better. Nobody knows.

That 2017/2018 UK team would qualify as being better than any TX team Shaka has had so far, or as good as any.

The B12 is very strong, there's no problem putting that out there. KU/Baylor/Tech... yeah that is some top basketball these days.

I get it.

LongHorns over Lakers in 5 for the title. Lebron and the Brow could not figure out Shaka's half time adjustments.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
What prediction? That it wasn't an awful hire? Okie, doke... 👍 ....I mean you called it an awful hire b/c you feel his run to the ELite 8 was aided by beating bad teams.

Not the case.

But hey----its your story.
we will see if Archie produces this year. No more “HES GOT CREANNNNNNNNNSSSS KIDS” it’s put or shut up.

Kentucky fans cannot admit the truth that their conference is trash

So they are attempting to bring other things in the situation.

Jai Lucas left because Shaka didn't give him the Associate Head Coach position.
do what?
the SEC has 3 titles since 2000
the big 12 has one.

@SheriffBufordTJustice lol

Said only person I would replace Shaka Smart with is Billy Donovan.
Donovan is the only person who could coach in college that would run the system better.

The comparsion between Donovan and Smart was made because it took Donovan a few years to get the wheels going at Florida.

Smart is at the point in his fourth year that he needs a good run.
Texas on the 7/10 line could make a Sweet 16 run.

The end of the year will say a lot...
Texas truthfully should have won every game since the middle of January.
That Georgia game lit a fire under them

But they found some way to lose.
Been like that for the last 2 years.

They are blowing teams out or they are losing close games.

That is on Coleman.
Coleman should have developed into a leader already.
Maybe he has without Roach.

If Andrew Jones is back to being Jones next year.

Texas could have 4 legit guards.
5 depending on Donovan Williams.
I think he can play as a freshman

Two years ago, you said Shaka Smart was at the point where he needed a good tournament run. They missed the tournament.

He followed that up with a 21-16 2020 season.

And you still can't admit he has been average at best.

Who is comparing anything...

Someone took offense to my point about if Texas was in the SEC or PAC 12 they could possibly win the conference.

Kentucky was brought up because of insecurity. Someone telling me how great Kentucky was and Calipari and how they are always in the Regional Finals...

Shaka has a tough schedule and because of this will find things much tougher to live up to expectations...

Would be easier if he was in the SEC or PAC 12

Nobody took offense your opinion just got debated with some info to support the contrary, you are in debates on the reg, no? Do you think you're offending everybody?

People are mostly laughing here, my bad if it came across an angry way. It's 2020 it's been a shit year.

Nobody took offense your opinion just got debated with some info to support the contrary, you are in debates on the reg, no? Do you think you're offending everybody?

People are mostly laughing here, my bad if it came across an angry way. It's 2020 it's been a shit year.

That the SEC is a good conference...

Haven't seen an info to say that Texas would fear worst in the SEC than in the Big 12

Anyone who has an unbiased opinion would say that they would do much better in the SEC than in the Big 12...

????

You are talking about a post going into 2019-2020

No. I'm talking about a post from March 3rd, 2019 talking about Texas needing to get a 7-10 seed and make a Sweet 16 run.

That is before the 2019 NCAA Tournament.

The 2019 tournament was played.

Texas lost their final three games after that post and missed the tournament.

No. I'm talking about a post from March 3rd, 2019 talking about Texas needing to get a 7-10 seed and make a Sweet 16 run.

That is before the 2019 NCAA Tournament.

The 2019 tournament was played.

Texas lost their final three games after that post and missed the tournament.

On a travel call against Baylor..

But that team isn't this team.

They lost a few players from that team.
We are talking about last year's team

Kentucky fans cannot admit the truth that their conference is trash

So they are attempting to bring other things in the situation.

Jai Lucas left because Shaka didn't give him the Associate Head Coach position.

Just curious, but are you saying Jai was going to leave and go anywhere, it just happened to be UK?

He didn't get an Associate Head Coach position at UK.

Reactions: RunninRichie
On a travel call against Baylor..

But that team isn't this team.

They lost a few players from that team.
We are talking about last year's team

The point is that BEFORE the 2019 tournament, you said Shaka Smart needed to make a tournament run. They missed that tournament (ie: No run) and then sucked again in 2020 before that tournament was cancelled.

And yet you are here two years later still pretending like Shaka is a top tier coach no on the hot seat.

Just curious, but are you saying Jai was going to leave and go anywhere, it just happened to be UK?

He didn't get an Associate Head Coach position at UK.

Shaka made a change due to the G League.
As of right now it is hard for Texas to recruit against the G League
So when Yaklich got the job at UIC Jai Lucas wanted his seat. He had already been passed over once

But Lucas isn't a great assistant coach. Just recruiter
But recruiting is changing so Shaka made the adjustment

Jai Lucas was looking elsewhere since April

The point is that BEFORE the 2019 tournament, you said Shaka Smart needed to make a tournament run. They missed that tournament (ie: No run) and then sucked again in 2020 before that tournament was cancelled.

And yet you are here two years later still pretending like Shaka is a top tier coach no on the hot seat.

Not pretending anything ..

But according to you Shaka should have been fired

But Shaka is building the program where many believe it should be

He has all his eggs in one basket
If you witness a practice at Texas you would have to agree that Shaka is right. All we have to do is sit back and watch this season

Shaka made a change due to the G League.
As of right now it is hard for Texas to recruit against the G League
So when Yaklich got the job at UIC Jai Lucas wanted his seat. He had already been passed over once

But Lucas isn't a great assistant coach. Just recruiter
But recruiting is changing so Shaka made the adjustment

Jai Lucas was looking elsewhere since April
Thanks. He's already turned out to be a great recruiter for UK. I'm guessing we're both happy about the move.

Thanks. He's already turned out to be a great recruiter for UK. I'm guessing we're both happy about the move.

Won't know until 2021-2022
But those guys Neill Berry are bringing in look legit.

The issue like I have said before is when the NBA drafts their players from G League over CBB players
They can pretty much stop all the Top 25 players from playing CBB

Not pretending anything ..

But according to you Shaka should have been fired

But Shaka is building the program where many believe it should be

He has all his eggs in one basket
If you witness a practice at Texas you would have to agree that Shaka is right. All we have to do is sit back and watch this season

5 years at Texas:
90-78 record
40-50 Big 12 record
0 NCAA Tournament wins
2 missed NCAA Tournament

According to you that is great coaching .

5 years at Texas:
90-78 record
40-50 Big 12 record
0 NCAA Tournament wins
2 missed NCAA Tournament

According to you that is great coaching .

Not going to argue with you...

Because of the fact that Shaka has pretty much put all his faith into this year's team

We will see....

Talent wise this is maybe the best team I have ever seen at Texas.
I have been around the basketball program since 1978

ADVERTISEMENT