ADVERTISEMENT

Who to UK?

IMG-9188.jpg
This is like watching the NCAA Tourney when all the #1 seeds get knocked out early.

Rafters: “Sean Miller’s a cheating POS. I don’t want him anywhere near Lexington.”

10 min after it’s announced that Miller’s hired: “I did some research and it turns out it was actually a cyborg arm gone rogue that wrote the check for Ayton.”

I hope UK is targeting Billy Donovan. The Bulls will be in the play-in game next week. That would mean another week of hilarious narratives shifting every few hours.

What boxes need to be checked?

Keeps fighting when the future is bleak?
Won't back down from a challenge?
Proven to be able to go on a run?
Can go on a long win or go home winning streak?

Til3UgR.jpg

NgL, I didn't know Pope was a (former) Wildcat.

This isn't terrible. Following a legend... and if it doesn't work, then you find the next guy.

.. but I think this could work.

Rafters: “Sean Miller’s a cheating POS. I don’t want him anywhere near Lexington.”

10 min after it’s announced that Miller’s hired: “I did some research and it turns out it was actually a cyborg arm gone rogue that wrote the check for Ayton.”
It's been mad whiplash. Every day they have to talk themselves into a new candidate. Hopefully it will mercifully end at some point.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I'm warming up to the idea of Pope. He had them competitive in the Big 12 at a school where no poontang is allowed. That seems pretty impressive.
Yeah. Arkansas had no poontang desired and they were completely uncompetitive in the SEC this year.

Hope you took Pope

Wow! Wild to think some Kentucky fans thought they were getting Danny Hurley earlier today.... a few hours later and they're told Mark Pope has emerged as the guy. What a rollercoaster of emotions for the UK faithful.

I’m only going to joke on this hire because I know most of their fanbase is going to freak out about it. I actually think he can coach and it could end up being a good hire.

Pitino sealed the deal with his ringing endorsement. “I love Mark Pope and his family and he would be an unbelievable choice.”

Alright, who's ready to start the "Who to BYU" thread? Mark Madsen or Chris Burgess.... that's all I got. Who else can they hire lol?

Disappointing that the coaching search ended so quickly. This thread has been super entertaining.

Alright, who's ready to start the "Who to BYU" thread? Mark Madsen or Chris Burgess.... that's all I got. Who else can they hire lol?

Disappointing that the coaching search ended so quickly. This thread has been super entertaining.
Andrew Rannells

Panic hire, I don’t understand. Pope would have taken this job in a few weeks.
If you think Mitch wasn't aware of Donovan's interest level before making this decision you're foolish. Just because he didn't publicly turn it down doesnt mean it didn't happen.

Reactions: Anthony B
Arkansas goes from Mussleman to Calipari...

UK goes from Calipari to Mark Pope.

World is ending.

If you think Mitch wasn't aware of Donovan's interest level before making this decision you're foolish. Just because he didn't publicly turn it down doesnt mean it didn't happen.
I didn’t think we’d get Donovan, was more saying I didn’t think Mitch would jump the gun so quick on a guy like Pope.

I won’t be surprised if he’s better than Hubert or Scheyer. Haven’t followed him closely, but he seems like a legit Xs and Os guy. Runs some interesting stuff and makes good use of personnel. BYU was better than they had any right to be this year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT