ADVERTISEMENT

Tourney Games That Never Were...

For a non UK game...really wanted to see UConn vs UNC in 2009 championship game. Thought that would have been ultra competitive, but Mich St took out UConn in FF, and then were steamrolled by UNC.
Florida looked like they'd match up vs either UNC or UConn in 06 and then George Mason happened. Feel like a match vs UConn was expected both years but never happened.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
Those teams were good, but 2020 KU was Self’s 2nd best team and could give the ‘08 team a run for their money. They never lost a game after Self stopped trying to play two bigs at once and settled on the lineup. And come tourney time everyone was clicking at the same time. We were shooting well and playing great defense. Ended the season beating Baylor on the road handily(essentially the same Baylor team that won it all the next year), and several good road wins. Won their last 19 games of the year and finished 17-1 in league play.
I mean, I would take the Morris twins, Cole Aldrich, and Sherron Collins before I take anyone on 2020s roster...I would venture to say the majority of KU fans would as well.

I think 2010 beats 2020 by double digits, rather easily. Same with 2011 as well.

Along the same lines, 2020 Dayton against anybody. Imagine being a midmajor with your best team ever and the NPOY and being set up to be an 1 seed and not being able to show out in the tournament.
I felt bad for Dayton that year. That team if I remember was loaded with seniors and had pretty much dominated the A10. Thought they had a good chance at the FF.

Reactions: boilerzz
I mean, I would take the Morris twins, Cole Aldrich, and Sherron Collins before I take anyone on 2020s roster...I would venture to say the majority of KU fans would as well.

I think 2010 beats 2020 by double digits, rather easily. Same with 2011 as well.

I’ll have to disagree with you. The Morris twins were damn good but Dok was every bit as good. Yes the twins were better in the NBA but by that measure the team with Embiid and Wiggins should have been our best but instead that was one of our worse teams. 2020 we played 1 big and alternated Dok and McCormick. Always had a solid big on the floor. Agbaji, Garrett, Dotson, and Moss were superior to the perimeter players KU had in 2010-11. Also had Christian Braun coming off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT