ADVERTISEMENT

Who to UK?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
I think it will end up being Bruce Pearl. Pearl likes a big stage and crazy fans and UK has both. Pearl is a good coach too.

scott-drew-forde.jpg

But it would be pretty funny to see them hire the guy who just lost to Yale, after losing their shit over Oakland.

My first call is to Hurley (he won’t come) for obvious reasons and then I call in any order….
Pearl
Billy D
Wright
Drew

I make those guys so no but Hurley is my first call even though I don’t think he comes. If we get one of these guys I’m super happy!

Reactions: KisteK
My first call is to Hurley (he won’t come) for obvious reasons and then I call in any order….
Pearl
Billy D
Wright
Drew

I make those guys so no but Hurley is my first call even though I don’t think he comes. If we get one of these guys I’m super happy!
In your list I think that Drew Scott and Bruce Pearl are the only ones that would consider it.

I’m not invested in any one particular person. If I had to start a preferred list I’d probably prefer Oates or Hurley. I’m still celebrating our liberation!

Pearl
Billy D
Wright
Drew

Weird to me that so many of you are interested in Pearl. He's a solid coach, but he probably doesn't have a lot of coaching years left and his success over the last several years is similar to Calipari's.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Hurley has already stated, several times, that it's a No.

Did Oats say No?
As much as I love Scott Drew at Baylor, I'm just not sure he fits Kentucky.. but I've been wrong before.

Do Kentucky guys want Pearl?
Who else, real, is out there?
Like a Top 10..
I know Donovan would be on it, Wright already said No.. feels like there has to be better coaches than Drew and Pearl..

Otz too new?

Hurley has already stated, several times, that it's a No.

Did Oats say No?
As much as I love Scott Drew at Baylor, I'm just not sure he fits Kentucky.. but I've been wrong before.

Do Kentucky guys want Pearl?
Who else, real, is out there?
Like a Top 10..
I know Donovan would be on it, Wright already said No.. feels like there has to be better coaches than Drew and Pearl..

Otz too new?
Oates hasn’t told UK’s AD no. He sent out a tweet restating his desire to stay at ‘Bama. A few million more can look very different on a table in front of you.

We’ll see.

Reactions: UNC71-00 and KisteK
Pearl
Billy D
Wright
Drew

Only Donovan and Wright feel like real Wins from that list..
I'd make everyone of
Mark Few, Otz, Oats, Self, Hurley and prob even Ricky P turn me down before even asking about Pearl's phone number.

Hurley would be perfect, but his wife says no. Pearl is the best of those who would do it.
Yeah, I would kill to have Dan, but I know it's not realistic.
I just want the coach to be about UK, if you lose, at least leave it on the floor and do everything you can to win the next one. Play the best players for crying out loud.

Reactions: KisteK
Weird to me that so many of you are interested in Pearl. He's a solid coach, but he probably doesn't have a lot of coaching years left and his success over the last several years is similar to Calipari's.
He has the personally and likability to do well at UK. I agree with the “not many years left” comment but I still think he would be ok. I don’t think UK goes after him though.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Only Donovan and Wright feel like real Wins from that list..
I'd make everyone of
Mark Few, Otz, Oats, Self, Hurley and prob even Ricky P turn me down before even asking about Pearl's phone number.
I’m just not a Few fan. Not a huge Drew fan either and I question if he would have the personality to fit in with UK but overall he’s a good coach.

Why is it weird to you? Who is better that is available and would take the job?

Yeah, I would kill to have Dan, but I know it's not realistic.
I just want the coach to be about UK, if you lose, at least leave it on the floor and do everything you can to win the next one. Play the best players for crying out loud.
Pearl would be all about UK and Pearl would play his best players.

Why is it weird to you? Who is better that is available and would take the job?

Drew is a lot younger and probably better. Sounds like Oats is out, but who knows. I'd take Otzelberger over Pearl too.

Hell, if they're going to grab a guy who's on the verge of retirement, they should just bring Pitino back.

Drew is a lot younger and probably better. Sounds like Oats is out, but who knows. I'd take Otzelberger over Pearl too.

Hell, if they're going to grab a guy who's on the verge of retirement, they should just bring Pitino back.
Pearl has 10 more years.

Otzelberger had a good year, but just one. I don't think UK wants a Jack rabbit.

Pearl has 10 more years.

Otzelberger had a good year, but just one. I don't think UK wants a Jack rabbit.

I don't think I'd bank on an overweight guy coaching til he's 75. Effectively, anyway.

Otzelberger took over a program that won 2 games the year before and lost all its top players, and he won 22 the next season and went to the Sweet 16. Three tourney appearances and two Sweet 16s in three years, with mediocre rosters. Now imagine what he'd do with the kind of talent that flocks to Kentucky.

They are starting with Hurley. Don't think he'd leave but I at least like trying it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT