ADVERTISEMENT

Will it get ugly if Cal doesn't choose to leave

Cal is obsessed with big guys. We all knew he would go bonkers and play two bigs together once they got cleared and came back from injury and here we are.

UK was better defensively when they played 5 out with Mitchell at the 5 and yes, Cal refusing to hedge and try ANYTHING else defensively, is the reason why UK is so easy to game plan for.

Look, Cal is never going to win another title, not here, not anywhere. He’s too stubborn and his style of play no longer works. Plus, he refuses to develop rosters by keeping players in his program. He created the one-and-done culture and he's doing nothing to wash it off.

You will not win titles with rental players, but Cal doesn't care, he’s more concerned with getting players drafted than winning college games and that’s why I soured on.him many years ago. You don't get to prioritize draft picks while losing at a historic rate, then attack the fanbase, nope, you don't do that.
It's find if you believe all this, but I just don't think it is accurate.

UKs offense has been elite the whole year. They are a top 3 offense in basically all metrics. Inclusion of bigs has not changed that in the slightest.

Again, you keep saying the defense has gotten worse from the beginning of the year. You have to take into consideration that UK, like all high major teams, played mostly midmajors in Nov/Dec. Of course defense would look better against mid majors, but in reality, midmajors aren't great offensively, so it helps to mask defensive issues.

You can definitely say this team hasn't gotten better. I would agree with that. But you can't say they have gotten worse, as that is just not true.

Why? What does IU bring to the table that Butthole State doesn't already bring?

What you mean is, it's good for IU's program and fanbase, that’s pretty much it.

And no, I'm not stalking you.
You know damned well what IU brings. It is good to see you guys still work hard to convince yourselves otherwise

It's find if you believe all this, but I just don't think it is accurate.

UKs offense has been elite the whole year. They are a top 3 offense in basically all metrics. Inclusion of bigs has not changed that in the slightest.

Again, you keep saying the defense has gotten worse from the beginning of the year. You have to take into consideration that UK, like all high major teams, played mostly midmajors in Nov/Dec. Of course defense would look better against mid majors, but in reality, midmajors aren't great offensively, so it helps to mask defensive issues.

You can definitely say this team hasn't gotten better. I would agree with that. But you can't say they have gotten worse, as that is just not true.
This is why they put the word "adjusted" in ftont of Defendive efficiency. The numbers are adjusted for the competition you are playing.

North Carolina and KU are better offensive teams than what we are playing right now and we actually looked better against those two teams than we do right now.

What's worse is Cal has changed nothing beyond how he defends inbounds plays on the baseline. This team doesn’t hedge, it sticks on help defense, it leaves shooters wide open from 3 point range and it doesn’t pressure the ball.

I'm not sure why you brought up the offense, Welch is doing a great job with that. But Cal is the one that called for a lob to Thiero to end the game Saturday night. Welch is damn good, but he can’t fix stupid.

Team is loaded with NBA talent, a few of these guys are future NBA all stars, but Cal can't beat an average team in Rupp with the crowd roaring. Gonzaga lost to Santa Clara for Christ sake. He’s going to steer this team to 12 losses this year, how anyone can defend that, is beyond me.

You know damned well what IU brings. It is good to see you guys still work hard to convince yourselves otherwise
Uh, IU is washed up man, nobody but IU fans even keep up with that program.

IU NEEDS UK and KU, not the other way around.

I know this hurts to read, but you'll just need to get over it.

Reactions: Deepelm
That lineup would get absolutely destroyed on the glass.

UK has been getting dominated on the glass, and playing that lineup would be a death sentence.
The three 7 footers combined for 7 rebounds. It can't get any worse

Reactions: kyjeff1
The very fact that you clowns flop like dying carp on a hot dock trying to convince yourselves we don't matter always proves my point.

always.
Yeah, I don't actually have to try very hard. IU was Bobby Knight and now he’s gone.

Indiana doesn't matter. I've wanted the series to be played personally because I think home & home rivalries are a great thing for CBB, but it hurts IU fans more than it does UK fans that the series was stopped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT