ADVERTISEMENT

Who to UK?

Look at Cal's record the last 4 years. What has he done to fix it?

5* kids aren't getting it done, go ahead and follow him to Arkansas if 5* high school kids are your thing. That shit doesn’t win in college anymore.

Look at all the teams in the last 10 final 4's, how many of those teams had freshmen in the starting lineups?

UK and duke in 2015 had some, got anyone else after that?
5 stars are getting it done though. Maybe Cal just simply can't coach anymore.

UK literally just had Stephon Castle on their team as a 5 star freshman and he might've been their best player after Clingan in this championship run.

Jared McCain, a 5 star freshman, ended up being Duke's best player in the tournament.

You can't have teams that are all freshmen but who's doing that anymore? UK had super senior Antonio Reeves and Adou Thiero on your roster.

You need a combo of talent + roster that fits well + coaching + luck to win a title.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Kentucky is about to turn into Indiana and the BBN faithful are too blind to see it.

Its ok, ya"ll had a great run. Maybe ya"ll can become a Women's College Basketball school like South Carolina?

So far there has been one, Drew.
Next man up. You heard it here first.
images

If he doesn’t accept that he needs to either:

A. Be institutionalized
B. Kick Andrea’s ass to the curb and buy elite hookers!

Pretty sure this guys " sources " are about as reliable as my dog, and I dont currently own a dog.

As to B - She's Italian, if he did this, there is no where on Earth he would be able to hide from her. So his tenure at UK would be rather short lol.

5 stars are getting it done though. Maybe Cal just simply can't coach anymore.

UK literally just had Stephon Castle on their team as a 5 star freshman and he might've been their best player after Clingan in this championship run.

Jared McCain, a 5 star freshman, ended up being Duke's best player in the tournament.

You can't have teams that are all freshmen but who's doing that anymore? UK had super senior Antonio Reeves and Adou Thiero on your roster.

You need a combo of talent + roster that fits well + coaching + luck to win a title.

I actually would be very interested in seeing how another coach would have used the guys Cal mismanaged.

Prerty sure this guys " sources " are about as reliable as my dog, and I dont currently own a dog.

As to B - She's Italian, if he did this, there is no where on Earth he would be able to hide from her. So his tenure at UK would be rather short lol.
The rumor comes from Matt Jones, I was told that he has lots of insider information and his source is reliable:

60mijd25mvtc1.png

If he says no at least you're gonna make UConn's athletic dept go broke in the process. 😂
The funds will mostly come from state and donors, so I doubt it will have much impact on UConn’s athletic dept. With this being said, if it does reach 12-13 mil a year, it may not be unreasonable for UConn to move on from Dan Hurley to Luke Murray. The latter is said to be the architect of their offense, and he will probably need only 1-2 mil a year.

Pretty sure this guys " sources " are about as reliable as my dog, and I dont currently own a dog.

lol his wife ain't gonna let him leave. Kentucky needs to work through her. Ask her what her hobbies are and then offer her a $5 million job at UK that is related to her hobby.

Thought I heard someone say Scott Drew stayed at Baylor because of his family. We sometimes underestimate how important the family pull is... Recruits often pitch to the parents. Do ADs do the same with the spouses of coaches?

So far there has been one, Drew.

Ok, I'll rephrase...those who have taken their names out of the running. Hurley said no way, Jay Wright and Nate Oats passed, Few's going nowhere, Self/Izzo aren't going anywhere, and Kentucky won't hire Beard or Pitino.

So who's left that would be as good or better than Drew? Honestly, there probably aren't more than 2-3 active college coaches who are better.

lol, been telling you guys all year that Drew wasn't going to leave Baylor after what he's accomplished there. The greatest rebuilding of a program in NCAA history, he ain't walking away from that let alone to go to a program in a worse conference with less of a winning pedigree in recent times.

Ok, I'll rephrase...those who have taken their names out of the running. Hurley said no way, Jay Wright and Nate Oats passed, Few's going nowhere, Self/Izzo aren't going anywhere, and Kentucky won't hire Beard or Pitino.

So who's left that would be as good or better than Drew? Honestly, there probably aren't more than 2-3 active college coaches who are better.
Tbh Kentucky should definitely consider Chris Beard, despite his personality issues he’s actually a damn good coach, and he’s not old like Rick Pitino who may return in a year or two.

If this is true then I doubt it’s only about money, though I have a feeling that Dan Hurley is definitely going to UK at this moment. I actually don’t think UConn values him enough to match UK’s offer, they have won before him and I am sure their AD believes they can win with someone else at the helm.

ADVERTISEMENT