ADVERTISEMENT

Who to UK?

I like Drew but I’m not mad about this. I may be the only one but I’d rather have Pearl over him.
I think that is who you get. They should kick off his arrival with a big BBQ.

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
UK down bad. Golden or pearl lol
It’s not as catastrophic as you might think (hope?). UK is not the place for everybody, and it’s best that we find that out before putting any ink on paper. It’s more important that we get who wants to be there. Happy for Drew. It would probably be to much for him to handle.

Reactions: ThePhog08
I vote UK sits out this season, get our head back together and come back clear-eyed and clear-mind. Then put in some research.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I don’t think there is any candidate better than Cal. I think within 2 years there will be regret
Not a chance. You don’t miss a coach who couldn’t get out of the first round of either the conference or NCAA tourney.

All that talent . . . “.

Drew is a good coach and would have done well at Kentucky. With that being said, I'm really glad he's staying put. He is not the best fit - KY needs a borderline psycho like Pitino was and like Cal was his first seven years.

Donovan fits. Hurley fits. Those guys have the right psyche profile. There are probably only 6-7 guys left that fit Kentucky - we just have to make damn sure we get one of them.

Drew is a good coach and would have done well at Kentucky. With that being said, I'm really glad he's staying put. He is not the best fit - KY needs a borderline psycho like Pitino was and like Cal was his first seven years.

Donovan fits. Hurley fits. Those guys have the right psyche profile. There are probably only 6-7 guys left that fit Kentucky - we just have to make damn sure we get one of them.
💯

Drew just never felt like a logical option.

Good. Best news Kentucky's gotten since we found out Cal was leaving...at no charge nonetheless. Drew was our AD's #1 choice - not the boosters or the fans. Now with that out of the way Kentucky can really get to work.

This is the best off-season we've had in years.

You’re on fire today!

🔥

Hurley
Billy D
Pearl
Pitino (dark horse…I would love it)

Call Kim Mulkey.

Covid affected a lot. Specifically high schoolers development. Everyone was 1 year down on development and Cale bread and butter was nba ready freshmen. Now that Covid is over I think if he can mix top 10 freshmen with transfers and get a staff he will be back.

Reactions: bignish
It’s not as catastrophic as you might think (hope?). UK is not the place for everybody, and it’s best that we find that out before putting any ink on paper. It’s more important that we get who wants to be there. Happy for Drew. It would probably be to much for him to handle.
nick-saban-basketball.png

This guy?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
With all these "thanks, but no thanks", I'm afraid we are all in for more Mopey Cats.

And no Hurley or Oats, either. Who are your top 3 at this point?
They haven't spoken to Oats. UK was unwilling to pay his $18 buyout, so of course he's gonna put out a statement saying he's happy at Bama since he didn't get a job offer. If UK gets desperate and decided they would pay it I am pretty positive Oats would be interested.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Good. Best news Kentucky's gotten since we found out Cal was leaving...at no charge nonetheless. Drew was our AD's #1 choice - not the boosters or the fans. Now with that out of the way Kentucky can really get to work.

This is the best off-season we've had in years.

I'm still optimistic we'll make a good hire but this is way overboard lol. Drew is a good coach who would have done very well here. The religion stuff is blah but hey, I'm not gonna judge. His resume is better than any other coach we hired lol.

On a side note, whom should UConn hire after Dan Hurley leaves for UK? I heard that Luke Murray was the architect of their offense, so they may as well promote him from assistant to head coach.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT