ADVERTISEMENT

Who to UK?

Pearl would be all about UK and Pearl would play his best players.
Yeah, but there are red flags with him and with the exception of 1 great tournament run, he's been pretty meh.
If UK hired him, I wouldn't complain though.

Drew is a lot younger and probably better. Sounds like Oats is out, but who knows. I'd take Otzelberger over Pearl too.

Hell, if they're going to grab a guy who's on the verge of retirement, they should just bring Pitino back.
I'd go after Kelvin Sampson if the thought was to get a guy in the Pitino age group.
Too much bad blood with RP and the guy is a total creep, UK won't offer him the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Lloyd is a good coach, but he's a west coast guy. UK wouldn't make sense.

Reactions: englandnu
I really want Billy Donovan. I dont know how he would adapt to the new landscape of CBB but ive always liked him a lot.

I feel like it's going to be Drew (which I don't mind, it's just kind of a meh hire imo).
Honestly, I don't get the feeling Scott Drew would take the job. It doesn't seem like he has the personality for it.
Yeah, I would love a Billy Donovan hire.

Probably gonna be Drew. Not a great hire, not a bad one. Really want Donovan. Hurley is a pipe dream even though we are currently throwing 11mm plus at him.

He would do well there.

Yes he would, but well ain't good enough.

Honestly I like Bruce Pearl - he's a fine coach for programs like Tennessee or Auburn - but he's just not the right fit for Kentucky.

Kentucky needs an egomaniac obsessive driven savant like Pitino was. Like Calipari was his first 7 years. The only guy out there that fits the Kentucky psyche profile is Dan Hurley.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Saw where a private jet left Waco for Kentucky today. Wonder if they can get this done. Good hire for you guys if it does.

Now, I just have to make sure Baylor doesn't try to take our coach from us. They need to get Tang if this happens.

He's the architect of UConn's offense. Guessing he'll get a HC job this off-season. Probably a decent one too.

Hadn't heard that he's the architect of their offense.

Interesting that UConn started dominating not long after he joined the staff. Also, Louisville crumbled right after he left, and Xavier had their best seasons in recent memory while he was there.

Turns out the secret genius behind UConn is....…..

Bill Murray's son?!

200w.gif

I wonder why no one has brought up Chris Beard yet, despite his current reputation this man can coach. He took Texas Tech to the national title game, defeating a very good MSU team in the final four. His time at Texas also showed that he can recruit.

It's been a fun ride of dominos...

SMU fires Rob Lanier
SMU hires USC's Andy Enfield
USC hires Arkansas's Eric Musselman
Arkansas hires Kentucky's John Calipari
Kentucky hires Baylor's Scott Drew?
Baylor hires Kansas State's Jerome Tang??
Kansas State hires ??

• Wow
Reactions: KisteK
Scott Drew just posted a photo of himself having lunch in a Baylor shirt, he’s not going to UK but likely uses this as leverage to get a pay raise. Until proven otherwise, I still firmly believe that Dan Hurley will be the next UK head coach.

Haha guess Scott Drew got wind of all the rumors of him being on a flight to Lexington... I was seeing it everywhere. Wow. It'll be hilarious when Kentucky ends up hiring someone like Todd Golden or Mark Pope as its next head coach.

Reactions: KisteK

Haha guess Scott Drew got wind of all the rumors of him being on a flight to Lexington... I was seeing it everywhere. Wow. It'll be hilarious when Kentucky ends up hiring someone like Todd Golden or Mark Pope as its next head coach.

It's strange to me that so many fans are celebrating Calipari leaving. As if there's no way the next coach could have similar struggles or worse. For all anyone knows, it could be another Gillispie.

Yeah, UK is f*cked for until a next coach comes along. Everyone is a step down right now.
Don't get me started on Drew. He's only made Sweet 16 once in the past 7 years, Five total in 20 years.

Maybe we can steal Kevin Ollie, I heard he had a title once.

Good news is I'll get to talk to Arkansas fans about basketball.

Former Calipari players will be rocking red, and UK fans will turn on them as well. All over a one and done tournament with tough breaks.

Sigh. That's all I'll say on it.

Last edited:
It's bad when the local media has to sunshine pump a new hire at UK.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah, UK is f*cked for until a next coach comes along. Everyone is a step down right now.
Don't get me started on Drew. He's only made Sweet 16 once in the past 7 years, Five total in 20 years.

Isn't that similar to Calipari before he was hired at UK? And he's definitely accomplished way more than Tubby or Gillispie had.

Let's enjoy next season, just like last year, and see the post-season success.That will tell me if it was a good year or not. Sigh.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT