ADVERTISEMENT

Which Two Posters Share the Most-Contentious Relationship Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since ushers are standing there that means people are going to rush the court? You're really reaching now. You and I both know that has never happened and will never happen. UK isn't Indiana. And why would you co-own UK tickets?
About 12 years ago you could send in post cards for season ticket drawings. My neighbor is a huge UK fan. He came up with the idea of sending in postcards, he sent it one for him, his wife, me & my wife.
My wife got pulled for season tickets. Our agreement is, he gets the UL game & I get the UNC game. I also get 4-5 games to give away as Christmas presents.
He pays for the rest.

About 12 years ago you could send in post cards for season ticket drawings. My neighbor is a huge UK fan. He came up with the idea of sending in postcards, he sent it one for him, his wife, me & my wife.
My wife got pulled for season tickets. Our agreement is, he gets the UL game & I get the UNC game. I also get 4-5 games to give away as Christmas presents.
He pays for the rest.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Nice! Thanks for supporting the Cats! I knew you were a closet fan. Winking

Reactions: treyforuk
No problem but I’m getting the short end of the stick with UNC-UK no longer playing.
Yeah, that kind of sucks. As long as the CBS Classic continues it will probably stay that way. In a perfect world they could play a home-and-home then every third year play in the Classic. UK also plays in the Champions Classic, Big 12/SEC challenge, and Louisville every year though, so that's 4 major power 5 OOC games every year. Hard to fit many more in.

Yeah, that kind of sucks. As long as the CBS Classic continues it will probably stay that way. In a perfect world they could play a home-and-home then every third year play in the Classic. UK also plays in the Champions Classic, Big 12/SEC challenge, and Louisville every year though, so that kind of whittles down the OOC schedule as far as power 5 opponents go.
Technically this year I get the Kansas game. My neighbor is begging me to give them to him. I usually take my grandfather to a game but he’s getting up there in age. He doesn’t enjoy the crowds like he used to.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Technically this year I get the Kansas game. My neighbor is begging me to give them to him. I usually take my grandfather to a game but he’s getting up there in age. He doesn’t enjoy the crowds like he used to.
Can't say I blame him. I much prefer to watch on TV unless I have great seats. I'm not into climbing to the upper level and sitting in the nosebleeds anymore. I'd probably do it for the Final Four if I had to, but that's about it. That should be a good game to go to though.

Reactions: KisteK
So are you saying UK doesn’t claim Helms titles or they just don’t hang the Helms Banners?
The word NCAA is no where to be found on the 1924 Championship banner. Not sure why people have a problem with it.
It's just something blue bloods shouldn't do. It's not a legit championship.
It's also pretty lame to compare football and basketball. But you do you.
Also, it's not like UK is a blue blood football program, honestly, the football program will take whatever awards it could get, but you won't see UK basketball display a helms banner. That's for minor league programs that have no shot at legit titles.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
We don't display them and try to make it seem like we have more than the 8 national titles that are in the rafters at Rupp.
You also won't ever hear UK fans talk about them.
Meanwhile at KU and UNC***, Helms banners are displayed right next to NCAA title banners as if they're equal. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it. I thought UNC*** was better than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
We don't display them and try to make it seem like we have more than the 8 national titles that are in the rafters at Rupp.
You also won't ever hear UK fans talk about them.
Meanwhile at KU and UNC*** Helms banners are displayed right next to NCAA title banners as if they're equal. ItIt pretty pathetic when you think about it. I thought UNC*** was better than that.

Your opinion does't matter. We know it makes you mad and we love it!

Reactions: KisteK
Considering UK’s own website says they claim 2 Helms titles, you’d think they’d let it go.
Website > banner in the arena. ;)

Notice how all of UK's say NCAA.

Kentucky.jpg

Edit: I personally don't care, but it's fun to poke fun and watch people get defensive.

Last edited:
Kentucky also claims two Helms national titles, in 1933 and 1954.

RollLaugh
They might be listed somewhere, but UK isn't displaying them and you won't see any UK fan or media member claiming them.
That's for programs that are trying to keep up by trying to.make everyone think they have more titles than what they actually have.

Not pathetic. Laughing at you and others trying to dictate how to honor our past teams and decorate our house.
Not trying to dictate anything. It's like you majored in AFAM or something. Did your comprehension teachers take your tests for you too?
Nobody is dictating anything, we are trying to explain to you numb nuts just how pathetic it is to display bread titles.
Jeez, your program just like to have things given to them: Grades, banners, degrees, wheels for heels… .what's next?

Not trying to dictate anything. It's like you nsjored in AFAM or something. Did you're comprehension teachers take your tests for you too?
Nobody is dictating anything, we are trying to explain to you numb nuts just how pathetic it is to display bread titles.
Jeez, your program just like to have things given to them: Grades, banners, degrees, wheels for heels… .what's next?
Really shouldn’t make fun of AFAM, fake grades or people taking test for someone with a post like this.

Not trying to dictate anything. It's like you majored in AFAM or something. Did your comprehension teachers take your tests for you too?

That was weak and stupid, try again junior.

I do recall a few fans at Rupp Mart making their way to the floor after Wall's game winner vs Miami, OH.??
Anyways...who cares? Front row at IU, the average age is 40'ish. Front row at Rupp the average age is dead.Laughing

One of my favorite things on this board is when I get a notification and it's @IUfanBorden replying to me. We don't really have a contentious relationship at all but sometimes he needs to be reminded of where Indiana stands in the hierarchy. Also his grammar nearly got him into a bet with me that he was gonna lose but I'm a nice guy so I let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT