ADVERTISEMENT

Which Two Posters Share the Most-Contentious Relationship Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do recall a few fans at Rupp Mart making their way to the floor after Wall's game winner vs Miami, OH.??
Anyways...who cares? Front row at IU, the average age is 40'ish. Front row at Rupp the average age is dead.Laughing
4lxA.gif

One of my favorite things on this board is when I get a notification and it's @IUfanBorden replying to me. We don't really have a contentious relationship at all but sometimes he needs to be reminded of where Indiana stands in the hierarchy. Also his grammar nearly got him into a bet with me that he was gonna lose but I'm a nice guy so I let it go.
Nothing but love..I like bantering with ya. Never personal. I like that about you. Plus, I dig Kansas. Always have. I had family in Kansas. Went and visited them. Drove past the campus, and by AFH. I was in awe. Watched a game with about 15 KU fans that week . It was awesome. Had I not already been in love with the Hoosiers, I would have easily been a Jayhawk after that.

Edit: What grammar error? Now I gotta go back and look.

Reactions: schoonerwest
You wanna rev Rupp Arena up??? Move them crazy SOB's from the upper, upper levels, down to floor level.

Shiiiiiiit, folks. It be a god damn riot. I've sat up there. Those folks are passionate...And I mean PASSIONATE.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
If Nojel Eastern is not better than an 18 year old freshman who had worse stats than him against other high school kids last year then college basketball is a super weird sport.
Romeo Langford:
18.5 ppg
5.8 Rpg
2.1 apg
1.2 spg

Nojel Eastern:

6.7 ppg
4.7 rpg
1.5 apg
1.0 spg

Weird sport that college basketball.....Real weird.Laughing

Romeo Langford:
18.5 ppg
5.8 Rpg
2.1 apg
1.2 spg

Nojel Eastern:

6.7 ppg
4.7 rpg
1.5 apg
1.0 spg

Weird sport that college basketball.....Real weird.Laughing

Well Borden, this one really backfired on you lol. Shouldve done your research first.

Looks like Romeo is a better scorer, and Nojel is better at literally everything else. Romeo is a better scorer because he takes 8 more shots per 100 possessions, but Nojel is the much more efficient offensive player and scorer, shooting 11% better from the field, sporting a much better offensive rating, and a positive assist/turn ratio compared to Romeos negative assist/turnover. Not to mention, Nojel is the superior rebounder and collects more stocks on defense.

Per 100 possessions

Nojel Eastern 15.9

Assists/Turnover
Romeo Langford 3.9/4.2 (-.3)
Nojel Eastern 3.6/2.8 (+.8)

Rebounds
Romeo Langford 9.7
Nojel Eastern 11.2

Stocks (Steals + Blocks)
Nojel Eastern 3.6
Romeo Langford 3.1

Field Goal %
Nojel Eastern 63%
Romeo Langford 52%

Offensive Rating
Nojel Eastern 123.0
Romeo Langford 114.9

Well Borden, this one really backfired on you lol. Shouldve done your research first.

Looks like Romeo is a better scorer, and Nojel is better at literally everything else. Romeo is a better scorer because he takes 8 more shots per 100 possessions, but Nojel is the much more efficient offensive player and scorer, shooting 11% better from the field, sporting a much better offensive rating, and a positive assist/turn ratio compared to Romeos negative assist/turnover. Not to mention, Nojel is the superior rebounder and collects more stocks on defense.

Per 100 possessions

Nojel Eastern 15.9

Assists/Turnover

Rebounds
Romeo Langford 9.7
Nojel Eastern 11.2

Stocks (Steals + Blocks)
Nojel Eastern 3.6
Romeo Langford 3.1

Field Goal %
Nojel Eastern 63%
Romeo Langford 52%

Offensive Rating
Nojel Eastern 123.0
Romeo Langford 114.9

The old compare a guy with half the usage via per100, smart.

Per 100 possessions

Nojel Eastern 15.9

Assists/Turnover

Rebounds
Romeo Langford 9.7
Nojel Eastern 11.2

Stocks (Steals + Blocks)
Nojel Eastern 3.6
Romeo Langford 3.1

Field Goal %
Nojel Eastern 63%
Romeo Langford 52%

Offensive Rating
Nojel Eastern 123.0
Romeo Langford 114.9
Appreciate the work you put into this post but the question most of us have is who is Nojel Eastern?

Per 100 possessions

Nojel Eastern 15.9

Assists/Turnover

Rebounds
Romeo Langford 9.7
Nojel Eastern 11.2

Stocks (Steals + Blocks)
Nojel Eastern 3.6
Romeo Langford 3.1

Field Goal %
Nojel Eastern 63%
Romeo Langford 52%

Offensive Rating
Nojel Eastern 123.0
Romeo Langford 114.9

No ft%? 3pt%?

Reactions: SNU0821
Appreciate the work you put into this post but the question most of us have is who is Nojel Eastern?

Was almost a one and done last year. Tested the NBA waters but ultimately decided to come back and improve his draft stock.

@IUfanBorden

Found an article that you might be interested in that published today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansid...-langford-first-round-nba-draft-prospect/amp/

"Variance is not new for Langford — he shot under 30 percent from 3 in AAU in 2017, and he shot 31 percent as a junior, again on over 200 attempts. But the reason for this variance may be a big concern. Langford’s release still appears to be pretty inconsistent, a surprise for someone with as many attempts under his belt as he has."

"While the shooting hurts the optics of Langford’s potential, his defensive performance has been deeply problematic for his survival at the NBA level. While he’s put up good numbers so far (2.0 steals per 40 minutes, 5.6 Defensive Box Plus-Minus), his tape shows some severe flaws that worry many scouts about his ability to perform at the next level"

"The biggest concern is in off-ball defense. Many college players are bad and occasionally lose track of their man off the ball, but Langford’s passiveness on the defensive end is particularly concerning"

"Indiana has had a strong team defense so far, but Langford certainly hasn’t helped. He doesn’t seem to have a good grasp on simple defensive concepts, such as, “pay attention to where your man is when he is in the corner and an obvious threat to cut to the basket"

@IUfanBorden

Found an article that you might be interested in that published today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansid...-langford-first-round-nba-draft-prospect/amp/

"Variance is not new for Langford — he shot under 30 percent from 3 in AAU in 2017, and he shot 31 percent as a junior, again on over 200 attempts. But the reason for this variance may be a big concern. Langford’s release still appears to be pretty inconsistent, a surprise for someone with as many attempts under his belt as he has."

"While the shooting hurts the optics of Langford’s potential, his defensive performance has been deeply problematic for his survival at the NBA level. While he’s put up good numbers so far (2.0 steals per 40 minutes, 5.6 Defensive Box Plus-Minus), his tape shows some severe flaws that worry many scouts about his ability to perform at the next level"

"The biggest concern is in off-ball defense. Many college players are bad and occasionally lose track of their man off the ball, but Langford’s passiveness on the defensive end is particularly concerning"

"Indiana has had a strong team defense so far, but Langford certainly hasn’t helped. He doesn’t seem to have a good grasp on simple defensive concepts, such as, “pay attention to where your man is when he is in the corner and an obvious threat to cut to the basket"
And still, projected as a Top 5'ish pick. Lotto pick at worst.

Poor guy.

Hey---what are they saying about Eastern?Laughing

Per 100 possessions

Nojel Eastern 15.9

Assists/Turnover

Rebounds
Romeo Langford 9.7
Nojel Eastern 11.2

Stocks (Steals + Blocks)
Nojel Eastern 3.6
Romeo Langford 3.1

Field Goal %
Nojel Eastern 63%
Romeo Langford 52%

Offensive Rating
Nojel Eastern 123.0
Romeo Langford 114.9
Laughing

How about we use their actual numbers...Not some pretend number shit? Per 100 this or that. Dude, Eastern isn't on the same level as Langford. And there;s a reason RL takes more shots----HE's BETTER.

Eastern is a superior rebounder. Yet somehow, Langford has more? Laughing

You are entertaining...That is for sure.

Laughing

How about we use their actual numbers...Not some pretend number shit? Per 100 this or that. Dude, Eastern isn't on the same level as Langford. And there;s a reason RL takes more shots----HE's BETTER.

Romeo plays 10 more minutes per game because Indiana has really struggled putting UC Davis and Texas Arlington to bed early. Both teams lead late in the 2nd half. He had to play 35 and 39 minutes vs those opponents.

Purdue, on the other hand, beat Fairfield, Davidson, and Robert Morris easily. They didn't struggle against inferior opponents when Eastern was on the floor like Indiana did with Langford so Eastern has not even eclipsed 28 minutes in a game yet this season.

So using per game stats, which nobody really uses anymore because teams play at different paces anyways, is useless.

I can see why you tried using them though, Eastern is superior at every metric besides scoring, of which he scores at a far more efficient rate than Langford(63%>52%) Langford just chucks a lot more shots. Eastern even has a 9.9 Box +/- compared to Langfords 7.0.

It was a very weak attempt by you, but fortunately this isnt my first rodeo with you Borden. Ive dealt with your trolling before and was ready for it lol like I say Borden, youre alright by me. RollLaugh

Per 100 possessions

Nojel Eastern 15.9
Carsen Edwards 47.8

Assists/Turnover
Carsen Edwards 7.9/6 (+1.6)

Rebounds
Romeo Langford 9.7
Nojel Eastern 11.2
Carsen Edwards 4.7

Stocks (Steals + Blocks)
Nojel Eastern 3.6
Romeo Langford 3.1
Carsen Edwards 3.1

Field Goal %
Nojel Eastern 63%
Romeo Langford 52%
Carsen Edwards 46%

Offensive Rating
Nojel Eastern 123.0
Romeo Langford 114.9
Carsen Edwards 125

Defensive Rating
Romeo Langford 83.2
Nojel Eastern 96.2
Carsen Edwars 98.8
I added Carsen to the above post. Based on your logic, Nojel is better than both Romeo and Carsen.

Romeo is far and away the best defender of the 3 though. You cant even really argue against it, I mean stats don't lie.

In reality, both Romeo and Carsen start for every team in the big ten and most teams in the nation. Nojel would start for less than half the teams in the Big Ten. Both Romeo and Carsen will be NBA players. Nojel will be lucky to be picked up by a Lithuanian team.

Wanted to be a one and done last year. Tested the NBA waters but ultimately realized he's nowhere close to being good enough to get drafted last year let alone ever in his four year college career. He'll likely try to play overseas somewhere but that's not even a given...
FIFY

Laughing

I think a better comparison would be Eastern and maybe Durham or Green. Someone like that. Hell, maybe Phinese. Although, at this point, from what I've seen I'll take Phinese over Eastern all day long...

Romeo plays 10 more minutes per game because Indiana has really struggled putting UC Davis and Texas Arlington to bed early. Both teams lead late in the 2nd half. He had to play 35 and 39 minutes vs those opponents.

Purdue, on the other hand, beat Fairfield, Davidson, and Robert Morris easily. They didn't struggle against inferior opponents when Eastern was on the floor like Indiana did with Langford so Eastern has not even eclipsed 28 minutes in a game yet this season.

So using per game stats, which nobody really uses anymore because teams play at different paces anyways, is useless.

I can see why you tried using them though, Eastern is superior at every metric besides scoring, of which he scores at a far more efficient rate than Langford(63%>52%) Langford just chucks a lot more shots. Eastern even has a 9.9 Box +/- compared to Langfords 7.0.

It was a very weak attempt by you, but fortunately this isnt my first rodeo with you Borden. Ive dealt with your trolling before and was ready for it lol like I say Borden, youre alright by me. RollLaugh
I enjoy your trolling. Its quite the entertainment. In about 2+ months, when Langford is BFOY, 1st teamer; and Eastern is honorable mention(at best), we can revisit this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT