ADVERTISEMENT

UVA Declines White House Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shit is stupid. I've never seen such a soft, easily triggered society. Amazing, really. I cannot recall one President that has endured this type of behavior. I mean look, I don't follow politics. I have let that be known. But man, you'd think Trump was out here murdering babies or something. As far as I can tell, I mean, it seems he's done some solid shit. Even then----My goodness. Such fvcking snowflakes.

This shit is stupid. I've never seen such a soft, easily triggered society. Amazing, really. I cannot recall one President that has endured this type of behavior. I mean look, I don't follow politics. I have let that be known. But man, you'd think Trump was out here murdering babies or something. As far as I can tell, I mean, it seems he's done some solid shit. Even then----My goodness. Such fvcking snowflakes.

Eh. Some people would look at it as...

“I dont like this man’s role in my country, my government, and indeed the Presidency of the United States, and I have a complete lack of respect for him as a man and for his morals and ways, and so I will take an altogether American approach of saying ‘I don’t want him to be part of my celebration of this lifelong dream,” which would be unheard of in other nations that are not built upon freedom from political rule or obligation as ours is. I do this in full recognition of how rare it is, and I find it in fact rather telling that no other President in history has “endured” this... I cannot myself imagine *not* considering it quite an honor if any former President extended the kind invite, and am sorry that it cannot be that for me.”

That’s how I take it. I’d certainly have welcomed a White House visit for any President of my lifetime, no matter how much I may have disagreed with them or their politics. I reckon every single person turning down Trumps invites feels the same way, as evidenced by how rare it is that any team ever turned down an invite from any former Presidents.

Reactions: catman111
Eh. Some people would look at it as...

“I dont like this man’s role in my country, my government, and indeed the Presidency of the United States, and I have a complete lack of respect for him as a man and for his morals and ways, and so I will take an altogether American approach of saying ‘I don’t want him to be part of my celebration of this lifelong dream,” which would be unheard of in other nations that are not built upon freedom from political rule or obligation as ours is. I do this in full recognition of how rare it is, and I in fact that it is rather telling that no other President in history has endured this... I cannot myself imagine not considering it quite an honor if any former President extended the kind invite, and am sorry that it cannot be that for me.”

That’s how I take it. I’d certainly have welcomed a White House visit for any President of my lifetime, no matter how much I may have disagreed with them or their politics. I reckon every single person turning down Trumps invites feels the same way, as evidenced by how rare it is that any team ever turned down an invite from any former Presidents.
The sensitivity is amazing to witness.

The sensitivity is amazing to witness.

Hm, I don’t see it as sensitivity.

I see it as having a set, and saying “No, this guy is a douche, I’m not giving him the pleasure of hosting us, with his shitty ass fast food.”

It’s funny, I find the “OMG, these athletes, they suck, what snowflakes, how dare you!” to be the overly emotional response.

Tomatoes, tomahtoes I suppose.

Anyway... good for UVa guys, doing what they felt was right. Not worth discussing anymore.

It's funny when Liberals proudly claim Trump is the 1st President to have these athletes decline a invitation. Yet, Trump is also the 1st President to follow a guy who let men use women's restrooms. He followed a guy who basically condoned cop killings, allowed countless cities to protest and burn city blocks. His Liberal viewshelped form Antifa, MeeToo etc. Trump followed a guy who's non existent immigration polices flooded are nation with illegals like no other.
Obama created a bunch of self entitled pricks who think about themselves, no respect for history, and have to have safe places when things don't suit them.

giphy.gif

I thought the Democrats had the easiest presidential path to victory in my lifetime. Then you see parts of their town hall... Its like they are trying to let Trump win again

I just look at it as "I'm not going to disneyland b/c I don't like goofy". It doesn't really impact goofy, but it causes you to miss universal studios and everything else that is fun.

The circus would have been a better analogy than Disneyland.

Reactions: toonces11

that would be a large portion of Dems

i agree this is stupid
i just lost a lot of respect for Bennett and UVA

I don't sleep with men.
Now, are you Pro Antifa?
I am not. I am also not in the habit of engaging people who try to make stupid arguments. Your opening gambit with equating me liking antifa because I pointed out the president might have lost support of some people from Charlottesville reveals you to be a mental midget.

If you don’t follow politics then maybe you should sit this one out. No doubt the left is drowning in safe spaces and snowflakes. It’s exhausting. However, Trump might be the biggest snowflake of them all. He is usually out in front trolling and the first to cry when someone takes a shot at him.

After watching Obama and Trump get roasted here, I can't wait until 2024 and read the new material about the next president.

What if the president doesn’t respect the office he holds?

how does anyone know if any President has or has not respected the office he holds

just because you may not agree with someone does not mean they do not respect their position

Reactions: precise02
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT