ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Nova scrimmage results.

Too early to know anything, especially after a scrimmage in October. Remember Syracuse lost to Le Moyne in an exhibition in 2009. That’s a D2 school. Syracuse finished the season 30-5 as a #1 seed.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Too early to know anything, especially after a scrimmage in October. Remember Syracuse lost to Le Moyne in an exhibition in 2009. That’s a D2 school. Syracuse finished the season 30-5 as a #1 seed.
I remember that, ha. Syracuse sucks.

Pretty encouraging IMO. Three dudes made 20 threes and our second best player was a no show and we were still right there with a very good team. Should be a fun year. No surprise 'Nova will be good again. Wright is a beast.

Reactions: KisteK and shun1
I think they won each half by 5. Then the extra 10 mins the score was tied. Our reserves smoked them in that scrimmage though. :)

Roy also played everyone during the scrimmage, even the walk-ons.

Last edited:
Reactions: shun1
Of course we lost a lot last year but who cares. This is Villanova. Jay Wright creates killers. We lose a lot every year. NCAA Tourney MVP Arcidiacono, best big man in the 2016 tourney Ochefu... NPOY runner up Josh Hart, Kris Jenkins... etc. etc.

4 players from our 8 man rotation last year return, 2 of which were starters. 1 of those starters is 5th year senior Phil Booth, who was the MVP of the 2016 national championship game scoring 20 points. The other one is projected top 15ish NBA draft pick (rare for a Senior) Eric Paschall who was a man-child throughout last year’s championship run in the tournament. Grabbed 14 rebounds in his matchup with Konate and ended his life with a throwdown on his head, then dropped 24 on Kansas the next game.

We also bring back sophomore Colin Gilespie, same Ryan Arcidiacono clone that completely locked down Colin Sexton in the Round of 32. Drove Sexton nuts.

4th key player from last year was our 1st big man off the bench, Roundtree. Typical High IQ Nova player that makes all the plays that don’t show up in the box score, but are directly responsible for the W in the W/L column.

Enter 5 star PG Quinerly.

Enter high school’s best 3 point shooter in the country, 6’9.5” Cole Swider, baby Doug McDermott.

Enter the 2nd best 5th year transfer in college hoops, Joe Cremo. 46% 3 point shooter who average 18 ppg at Albany last year.

Enter 2 6’7” / 6’8” lengthy defenders that perfectly fit Jay Wright’s “switch everything” man to man defense, Brandon Slater and Saddiq Bey. Bey has 5 3’s in this scrimmage vs UNC.

No surprise here. Just Nova being Nova.

Phil Booth and Eric Paschal playing college at age 23 is not fair. Both are the best defensive players in the country at their positions... and they also love to score a lot of points. No better duo in college basketball. These guys are Men, not teenagers.

Wish it could’ve been televised, sounds like Nova put on a show. Gonna be good again this year!

Of course we lost a lot last year but who cares. This is Villanova. Jay Wright creates killers. We lose a lot every year. NCAA Tourney MVP Arcidiacono, best big man in the 2016 tourney Ochefu... NPOY runner up Josh Hart, Kris Jenkins... etc. etc.

4 players from our 8 man rotation last year return, 2 of which were starters. 1 of those starters is 5th year senior Phil Booth, who was the MVP of the 2016 national championship game scoring 20 points. The other one is projected top 15ish NBA draft pick (rare for a Senior) Eric Paschall who was a man-child throughout last year’s championship run in the tournament. Grabbed 14 rebounds in his matchup with Konate and ended his life with a throwdown on his head, then dropped 24 on Kansas the next game.

We also bring back sophomore Colin Gilespie, same Ryan Arcidiacono clone that completely locked down Colin Sexton in the Round of 32. Drove Sexton nuts.

4th key player from last year was our 1st big man off the bench, Roundtree. Typical High IQ Nova player that makes all the plays that don’t show up in the box score, but are directly responsible for the W in the W/L column.

Enter 5 star PG Quinerly.

Enter high school’s best 3 point shooter in the country, 6’9.5” Cole Swider, baby Doug McDermott.

Enter the 2nd best 5th year transfer in college hoops, Joe Cremo. 46% 3 point shooter who average 18 ppg at Albany last year.

Enter 2 6’7” / 6’8” lengthy defenders that perfectly fit Jay Wright’s “switch everything” man to man defense, Brandon Slater and Saddiq Bey. Bey has 5 3’s in this scrimmage vs UNC.

No surprise here. Just Nova being Nova.

Phil Booth and Eric Paschal playing college at age 23 is not fair. Both are the best defensive players in the country at their positions... and they also love to score a lot of points. No better duo in college basketball. These guys are Men, not teenagers.

The Villanova Way since 2016!

Why was the "All World" Nassir Little on the bench?

Why would you think that? I mean, Roy apparently played everyone decent minutes, even the non-scholarship guys, but Little certainly played a decent amount.

Why would you think that? I mean, Roy apparently played everyone decent minutes, even the non-scholarship guys, but Little certainly played a decent amount.

Taking the word of someone that watched ...."Knowing Roy, Little & White were on the bench."

Taking the word of someone that watched ...."Knowing Roy, Little & White were on the bench."
Wow. Uncfan was obviously making a joke at Roy’s expense. Tough for a Cal fan to understand, I guess. The joke being that Roy loves him some upperclassmen, so he probably wasn’t even playing his best players when it mattered, if they’re freshmen.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Wow. Uncfan was obviously making a joke at Roy’s expense. Tough for a Cal fan to understand, I guess. The joke being that Roy loves him some upperclassmen, so he probably wasn’t even playing his best players when it mattered, if they’re freshmen.

It wasn't a joke. Just ask the one's who said it wasn't.

White has to start for Carolina at the the 1, right? No way they run Seventh Woods out there. I see him more in the role of a Quentin Thomas/Nate Britt playing 17-20 mpg. Losing Jalek Felton hurts the PG depth for Carolina. Interested in seeing how the starting five shakes out.

Last edited:
This. I have no clue who started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT