ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs. UK

They did home and home during Cal's first 3 or 4 years too, 2010-2014 maybe?
Yeah. they then started cycling the series with Ohio State and UCLA in neutral courts. I think you’re right on the timeframe. I think it was 5 games, 3 in Rupp and 2 in the Dean Dome, both teams defending their home court. But I could be off on that.

Yeah. they then started cycling the series with Ohio State and UCLA in neutral courts. I think you’re right on the timeframe. I think it was 5 games, 3 in Rupp and 2 in the Dean Dome, both teams defending their home court. But I could be off on that.
There was the game in Rupp when Wall had some nice highlights, then, the next year, Terrance Jones took a nap before the game and played like he was sleepwalking, then, there was the AD block of Henson's shot that sealed the win in Rupp.

I don't recall much from the other 2 games, but they are always barn burners.

The 2 during the 16/17 season were crazy.

Every once in a while, I go to youtube to watch the highlights of that game where Tayshaun Prince hit a bunch of threes in consecutive possessions. Love that clip.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
  • Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
There was the game in Rupp when Wall had some nice highlights, then, the next year, Terrance Jones took a nap before the game and played like he was sleepwalking, then, there was the AD block of Henson's shot that sealed the win in Rupp.

I don't recall much from the other 2 games, but they are always barn burners.

The 2 during the 16/17 season were crazy.

Every once in a while, I go to youtube to watch the highlights of that game where Tayshaun Prince hit a bunch of threes in consecutive possessions. Love that clip.
5 in a row, their first 15 points of the game. He finished with 31 pts and 11 boards. UK won that one by 20 and UNC finished the season 8-20. Wish Doherty would've been at UNC longer. He was an awful coach.

Even if this weren’t just a case of Bert forgetting to take his memantine, he should probably put a lid on it. I’ve seen his fellow fans employ the art of the timeframe at least three times in recent days. 🤣

No turning back now, baby! Timeframing is in!

Roy didn’t like switching so much but he did it every so often when he needed too. Honestly, I’m a firm believer in switching up the defense every so often, especially against young teams, to throw them off balance. Dean used to be a master of that.

Giving different looks and wrinkles in college basketball; especially on defense and out of bound plays, is a lost ark in coaching. Sure coaches scout and play specific players uniquely, but throwing out a quick zone to throw off the offense or stealing a few points with creative out of bounds plays... seems like I used to see a lot more of that in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT