ADVERTISEMENT

Give me your new AP top 10 tomorrow...

My God, can you guys be any more ridiculous? You act.like I stole your pet monkey or something.

All I did was agree that it was possible we would see the pollsters drop purdue below UT.

So we have you and Bignish in here quoting full on resume's to debunk what I'm saying when we're talking about a voted on poll that changes based on what each team does each week.

Newsflash, the AP and coaches polls have nothing to do with what happened in November, December and January.

Then, we have the biggest homer on the board calling me a Homer, because I explained how UT COULD jump Purdue… COULD, not would… COULD. Me… a UK fan… .is a homer… because I agreed with a UT fan. Yes, you read that correctly. The stupidity walks among us daily folks.
Just looked back through all your posts in this thread. Didn't see the word perhaps...or possible...or could. I saw a bunch of talking about it being how polls work.

At some point, just admit you don't understand this stuff as well as you think you do.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Jeff do you think UK should be seeded ahead of Wisconsin?
Yes, 100%.

Do you think Wisconsin beats uNC, or wins at Auburn, or @ Florida?

would you take Wisconsin straight up over UK? Please say yes, that would be the final bit of information I need from you. I already knew you hated UK with a passion, but there isn't a soul that would take Wiscy in any ranking, or in any game played on any court over UK.

Wiscy just lost 5 out of 6, with Losses to Michigan, Rutgers and freaking Iowa.

Go through it, so far, UK has not lost to a team that is not projected to be in the NCAAT. duke has lost to at least 2, Wisconsin has lost to 5 and has beaten nobody that is any good.

You’re problem is you're just going off the NET and you're using it to justify who should he ranked where and who is better.

Still hiding behind quad language huh? Is playing @ NC state the same as playing @ Auburn, or Houston, or Tennessee? Duke lost at Arkansas and G-tech, lost at home to Pitt. Your quad 1 games are a bunch of mids like Clemson, Fla st, WF, VT and Michigan state. You have zero impressive wins. All Qiad 1 games are not created equal, but nice try. C for effort.
Aren't you arguing against your own point? Duke lost those games back in December when Arkansas hadn't completely fallen apart with their love triangle scandal and that was on the road in a hyped Bud Walton Arena.

Duke has 2 losses since December. Given how much other teams have lost in that timespan, why wouldn't Duke be ranked top 10 right now? They only have 5 losses total.

You think Clemson is a MID team while Florida is something special? The metrics have these teams very close so I don't get why Duke wouldn't get solid credit for that win.

Duke beat Baylor on a neutral court which is a very impressive win. Duke also beat Michigan St on a neutral court in Chicago which is another impressive win.

Your SEC bias is showing again. If Duke beat Kentucky in the Champions Classic instead of MSU, you'd probably consider that an impressive win. For some reason you don't respect Sparty which is rated very similarily to UK in all the metrics.

I don't know if voters take injuries into account. I suspect some do and some don't but Duke was missing 2 of their 5 best players when they lost to Pitt at home in Jeremy Roach and Mark Mitchell.

Besides that loss and @ UNC, Duke hasn't lost since December while other teams are losing left and right.

How would you not have them ranked top 10?
Dude, UK has played a total of 32 minutes this entire year with it's full roster. There is no team in the country that has been more effected than UK.

It’s no excuse though, both teams have NBA talent in spades and neither team should have even half the losses they have right now.

would you take Wisconsin straight up over UK? Please say yes, that would be the final bit of information I need from you. I already knew you hated UK with a passion, but there isn't a soul that would take Wiscy in any ranking, or in any game played on any court over UK.
I haven't watched Wisky much this year but I imagine if you faced each other in the NCAAT, the line would be a Pick Em basically.

Do you think UK should be favored by 6 or something vs Wisconsin?

If UK can string together a 3-4 game stretch where they defend like they did vs Auburn then I'd probably bet UK straight up over Wisky. Otherwise I'm not touching that game from a betting standpoint.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Aren't you arguing against your own point? Duke lost those games back in December when Arkansas hadn't completely fallen apart with their love triangle scandal and that was on the road in a hyped Bud Walton Arena.

Duke has 2 losses since December. Given how much other teams have lost in that timespan, why wouldn't Duke be ranked top 10 right now? They only have 5 losses total.

You think Clemson is a MID team while Florida is something special? The metrics have these teams very close so I don't get why Duke wouldn't get solid credit for that win.

Duke beat Baylor on a neutral court which is a very impressive win. Duke also beat Michigan St on a neutral court in Chicago which is another impressive win.

Your SEC bias is showing again. If Duke beat Kentucky in the Champions Classic instead of MSU, you'd probably consider that an impressive win. For some reason you don't respect Sparty which is rated very similarily to UK in all the metrics.
No, I'm not arguing against my own point. You’re the one arguing metrics and hiding behind quad 1 language.

Who has duke beaten that is any good?

Does duke have better wins than UK (@Auburn, @Fla and ober uNC)? No, not even close.

Yeah, UK's metrics are lower, but when you play half the season without your front court and you play all but 32 minutes without your full roster, you're going to lose games.

Not to mention, UK is a much younger team in a much tougher conference.

Do you think Wisconsin beats uNC, or wins at Auburn, or @ Florida?
No because I think UK's ceiling is higher than Wisconsin's and I think if they're playing their A game then the Cats can beat anyone in the country except UConn.

I haven't watched Wisky much this year but I imagine if you faced each other in the NCAAT, the line would be a Pick Em basically.

Do you think UK should be favored by 6 or something vs Wisconsin?

If UK can string together a 3-4 game stretch where they defend like they did vs Auburn then I'd probably bet UK straight up over Wisky. Otherwise I'm not touching that game from a betting standpoint.
I don't care what the point spread would be. Shit, Auburn was just favored by -8.5, ask them how that worked out.

Something you need to know about metrics is, teams like UK are going to look bad, because we went through a bad stretch where our injuries and youth caught up with us. If we played at Auburn a week ago, we get rolled by 30.

But hey, if you want to believe Wiscy has a shot in hell on any court against UK, be my guest.

No because I think UK's ceiling is higher than Wisconsin's and I think if they're playing their A game then the Cats can beat anyone in the country except UConn.
That’s why I think it's strange that you think Wisconsin is better.

I mean, at least say duke, uNC, or Baylor is better, I could see that… but Wisconsin? Hell no.

I need to see more, but to me, it appears as though UK has turned a corner. They are @ LSU and get Alabama at home this week, those 2 games will tell me if they actually did turn the corner.

Baylor
Michigan St
Clemson
Wake Forest
VT on the road
Only team any good there, is Baylor. But I'll put UK's best 5 wins up against those any day:

@Auburn
@Florida
uNC
Mississippi st
Ole Miss

Eh, no dog in the fight, but Duke’s win vs Baylor is pretty impressive IMO.
100%, but in my opinion, that’s their only really good win and that was in December on a neutral court. Their next best win is either that squeaker at home over Clemson, or the one @ VT. I'm not impressed.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
That’s why I think it's strange that you think Wisconsin is better.

I mean, at least say duke, uNC, or Baylor is better, I could see that… but Wisconsin? Hell no.

I need to see more, but to me, it appears as though UK has turned a corner. They are @ LSU and get Alabama at home this week, those 2 games will tell me if they actually did turn the corner.
I don't think Wisconsin is neccessarily better but UK before this week had lost 3 games in a row to Gonzaga, UT and Florida at home.

They could easily lose to Wisconsin if they play like they have for half the season that's what I'm trying to say.

UK has better talent but their defense outside of this past week has been dreadful.

Reactions: cdbearde
UK still has to play @MSU, @UT, @LSU and Bama. That's not any easy finish.
BIG opportunities for UK if they can get Ws vs Vols and Bama. Plus who knows if they meet again in SEC tourney.

For the record, I have Clemson vs Wisconsin as a toss up. Will know more after MD plays Wisconsin tomorrow night.

100%, but in my opinion, that’s their only really good win and that was in December on a neutral court. Their next best win is either that squeaker at home over Clemson, or the one @ VT. I'm not impressed.
The neutral court win vs Sparty in Chicago is impressive too.

They have a winning record in Quad 1 and 2 games which is what the committee really cares about.

Fair point Jeff, however if we discredit Duke’s win vs Baylor just a little since it was in December could lead to a slippery slope. Does that mean Kansas’s W vs Uconn, Purdue’s W vs Zona or UK’s W vs UNC lose a little luster since they were games in December?

I don't think Wisconsin is neccessarily better but UK before this week had lost 3 games in a row to Gonzaga, UT and Florida at home.

They could easily lose to Wisconsin if they play like they have for half the season that's what I'm trying to say.

UK has better talent but their defense outside of this past week has been dreadful.
Yup, every team goes through stretches where they suck and we see it every year now with Cal.
But keep in mind, DJ Wagner was out for those games, Mitchell was out and UK is still trying to roll with a young team that hasn’t quite figured it out.

But damn, you chose a team (Wisconsin) that has been playing far worse than UK. They just lost 4 out of 5 games. 3 of those losses were to teams that won't even sniff the bubble. Any team that loses to Michigan, Iowa and Rutgers, ain't beating UK.

My God, can you guys be any more ridiculous? You act.like I stole your pet monkey or something.

All I did was agree that it was possible we would see the pollsters drop purdue below UT.

So we have you and Bignish in here quoting full on resume's to debunk what I'm saying when we're talking about a voted on poll that changes based on what each team does each week.

Newsflash, the AP and coaches polls have nothing to do with what happened in November, December and January.

Then, we have the biggest homer on the board calling me a Homer, because I explained how UT COULD jump Purdue… COULD, not would… COULD. Me… a UK fan… .is a homer… because I agreed with a UT fan. Yes, you read that correctly. The stupidity walks among us daily folks.

I like how you try to pretend like SEC fans don't jerk each other off. Give me a break. 😆

Every one of you pumps up the SEC because it reflects on your team. Especially when you're not leading the conference.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The neutral court win vs Sparty in Chicago is impressive too.

They have a winning record in Quad 1 and 2 games which is what the committee really cares about.
Michigan state was a dumpster fire back then. I mean, they lost to James Madison.

They have 9 losses and have been unranked all year long.

You're just going off their name. If Utah had the same resume and duke beat them, you wouldn’t say they were a good W.

Michigan State is Clemson light this year, but with a better coach.

I like how you try to pretend like SEC fans don't jerk each other off. Give me a break. 😆

Every one of you pumps up the SEC because it reflects on your team. Especially when you're not leading the conference.
Says the guy that sucks off the BIG12 daily on here. Get a grip.

Yeah, I want the SEC to perform well, but do you honestly think I want to pat UT on the back? That's like you taking up for Texas, or K-State. Gimme a break.

I don't care who it was, the OP had Tennessee ranked higher, if he was a Baylor fan that had Baylor higher than Purdue, I would say the same things. Give it a rest.

BIG opportunities for UK if they can get Ws vs Vols and Bama. Plus who knows if they meet again in SEC tourney.

For the record, I have Clemson vs Wisconsin as a toss up. Will know more after MD plays Wisconsin tomorrow night.
I'm glad UK doesn't have to play @ Alabama, getting Auburn on the road is tough enough.

Alabama is a tough matchup for UK. We give up a lot of open looks from 3 and dribble penetration. Those are the 2 things Bama thrives at.

Says the guy that sucks off the BIG12 daily on here. Get a grip.

Yeah, I want the SEC to perform well, but do you honestly think I want to pat UT on the back? That's like you taking up for Texas, or K-State. Gimme a break.

I don't care who it was, the OP had Tennessee ranked higher, if he was a Baylor fan that had Baylor higher than Purdue, I would say the same things. Give it a rest.

Well, I do think the Big 12 is good, yeah. As does every other basketball person.

But you can't knock one team for not blowing out a 9 seed, while giving another a pass for losing to a 9 seed, while claiming there's no bias in favor of one of those teams.

Baylor
Michigan St
Clemson
Wake Forest
VT on the road
Outside of Baylor, Duke has beaten nobody. The ACC is trash, and has been the past couple years. In no universe should Duke be awarded anything higher than a 4 seed (and even that is being generous). They play garbage opponents game in and game out. Put them (or UNC for that matter) in the Big 12 or SEC, they have 3-5 more losses, easily.

Trying to prop up Clemson, WF, and VT as good wins is laughable. Next we will hear that winning at Miami, or WF, or NCST are great wins to finish out the season.

Last edited:
True, but I also think SEC is good this season also. Vols, Bama and UK all final four threats, with dark horses in Auburn and Florida.

Well, yeah, I never said otherwise. It's a solid league.

Although it's annoying seeing some of their fans get high and mighty because the conference is finally on an uptick. Just because the SEC is pretty good doesn't mean the Big 10, BE, etc are dogshit.

Reactions: englandnu
Well, I do think the Big 12 is good, yeah. As does every other basketball person.

But you can't knock one team for not blowing out a 9 seed, while giving another a pass for losing to a 9 seed, while claiming there's no bias in favor of one of those teams.
Wtf? OSU is not a 9 seed, they aren't even getting into the tournament. Not only that, they have an interim coach.

UT lost that aTm game 2 weeks ago, last week, they went to Arkansas and won by 30, then beat Vanserbilt by 32.

Purdue just lost to a screwed up OSU team after only beating Minnesota by 8 at home. It’s not far fetched to think the voters could slide Purdue down more. We have all seen that happen.

I'm not sure why this is such a struggle for you to understand.

True, but I also think SEC is good this season also. Vols, Bama and UK all final four threats, with dark horses in Auburn and Florida.
Jay Bilas said it best.

"Top to bottom, the BIG12 is the best conference, but the SEC is by far the strongest at the top"

I think that's fair.

Although it's annoying seeing some of their fans get high and mighty because the conference is finally on an uptick. Just because the SEC is pretty good doesn't mean the Big 10, BE, etc are dogshit.
Eh, to be fair, after Purdue and Illinois, Big Ten is AWFUL this season.

Seriously, you think SEC fans are annoying???

That might be the most hypocritical thing you have ever said and that’s pretty amazing, considering your posting style.

Do you not know how hard you conference honk? My God man.

Wtf? OSU is not a 9 seed, they aren't even getting into the tournament. Not only that, they have an interim coach.

UT lost that aTm game 2 weeks ago, last week, they went to Arkansas and won by 30, then beat Vanserbilt by 32.

Purdue just lost to a screwed up OSU team after only beating Minnesota by 8 at home. It’s not far fetched to think the voters could slide Purdue down more. We have all seen that happen.

I'm not sure why this is such a struggle for you to understand.

There you go hurling insults again when it's you that didn't understand what you just read. 😆

No, OSU is not a 9 seed. Northwestern and A&M are projected 9 seeds. You criticized Purdue for not blowing out Northwestern.

Outside of Baylor, Duke has beaten nobody. The ACC is trash, and has been the past couple years. In no universe should Duke be awarded anything higher than a 4 seed (and even that is being generous). They play garbage opponents game in and game out. Put them (or UNC for that matter) in the Big 12 or SEC, they have 3-5 more losses, easily.

Trying to prop up Clemson, WF, and VT as good wins is laughable. Next we will hear that winning at Miami, or WF, or NCST are great wins to finish out the season.
Whatever you say. Just because the ACC doesn't game the NET system during the non conference schedule like some of the other leagues, that doesn't mean the conference is trash.

Clemson is a good win no matter how much you think they suck. They have an All-American level player in PJ Hall and are top 30ish in all the metrics.

Clemson is 8-7 in Quad 1 and 2 games while UK is 5-6 in the same metric.

If Clemson at home isn't a good win for Duke, would beating Kentucky in Cameron also not be an impressive win for Duke? After all, its another game they're "expected to win" so its not that noteworthy right?

Eh, to be fair, after Purdue and Illinois, Big Ten is AWFUL this season.

I'm not a Kenpom diehard, but the Big 10 is #3 and ahead of the SEC. And Purdue has the #1 SOS in the nation. Not saying I agree with those numbers, but it's obviously not awful.

• Haha
I'm not a Kenpom diehard, but the Big 10 is #3 and ahead of the SEC. And Purdue has the #1 SOS in the nation. Not saying I agree with those numbers, but it's obviously not awful.
Valid points- compared to Big 12 and SEC, Big Ten is awful this season- after Purdue and Illinois, as of now, can’t see any other team making second weekend at least. Prob five in Big 12 and SEC at minimum can make second weekend.

I think the B1G doesn't have the depth of good teams this year that it usually has but the bottom is better than it usually is (outside of Michigan, which is God awful). Penn State isn't good either but everyone else is at least competitive.

Contrast that with the SEC which has some trainwrecks at the bottom of the league and I think that's why the B1G is rated higher.

Whatever you say. Just because the ACC doesn't game the NET system during the non conference schedule like some of the other leagues, that doesn't mean the conference is trash.

Clemson is a good win no matter how much you think they suck. They have an All-American level player in PJ Hall and are top 30ish in all the metrics.

Clemson is 8-7 in Quad 1 and 2 games while UK is 5-6 in the same metric.

If Clemson at home isn't a good win for Duke, would beating Kentucky in Cameron also not be an impressive win for Duke? After all, its another game they're "expected to win" so its not that noteworthy right?
Clemson is basically the Florida(this year not historically) of the ACC. They look great at times when they are on a heater on offense, but they have had a few games were they get completely out of sync and look like a NIT type team.

ADVERTISEMENT