4. Tennessee
5. Purdue only 3 losses but losing to Ohio St without a coach is horrendous
6. Iowa St
7. Marquette you got dragged by UConn
8. UNC syracuse loss is not good
9. Duke no movement but hard to put you over UNC since you lost to them
10. Alabama? Kansas?

Not saying this is it tomorrow but this would be my ballot
Good list. I like you have Iowa State that high. They are a dark horse.

Think Baylor is a top 10 team.

Reactions: ABVolsFan92
I've got
1. UConn
2. Houston
3. Arizona
4. Tennessee
6. Iowa St
10. Alabama? Kansas?

Nice logic. So UK over Uncheat.

I've got
1. UConn
2. Houston
3. Arizona
4. Tennessee
6. Iowa St
10. Alabama? Kansas?

I don't see Purdue dropping 4 and us rising 4.

I've got
1. UConn
2. Houston
3. Arizona
4. Tennessee
6. Iowa St
10. Alabama? Kansas?

So Purdue’s wins over you #3 Arizona and #4 Tennessee just get thrown out? How about the fact that Arizona and Tennessee both have worse losses?

I've got
1. UConn
2. Houston
3. Arizona
4. Tennessee
6. Iowa St
10. Alabama? Kansas?

UT lost to UNC as well. I think you could make a case for Duke over UNC right now based on how both are playing and trending.

UT lost to UNC as well. I think you could make a case for Duke over UNC right now based on how both are playing and trending.
yeah I was going by what happened recently and the tar heel duke game wasn't too long ago

I've got
1. UConn
2. Houston
3. Arizona
4. Tennessee
6. Iowa St
10. Alabama? Kansas?

So why have Tennessee ahead of KU, much less in the top 4? You lost to them and they have a much better set of wins.

Orange>Blue

marvel-is-it-though.gif

So Purdue’s wins over you #3 Arizona and #4 Tennessee just get thrown out? How about the fact that Arizona and Tennessee both have worse losses?
You think November wins have an impact on next week's rankings?

When did UT and Az have these terrible losses? Was it this week?

Welcome to poll voting, you don't get to stay in the top 2 when you lose to bad teams and the teams behind you didn't lose.

The BIG10 isn’t very good and Purdue just lost to an awful OSU team, so yeah, Purdue is going to drop and as a Purdue fan, you should own it like the rest of us have to when our teams lose.

What's Purdue's best win in 2024?

When did UT and Az have these terrible losses? Was it this week?

Welcome to poll voting, you don't get to stay in the top 2 when you lose to bad teams and the teams behind you didn't lose.

The BIG10 isn’t very good and Purdue just lost to an awful OSU team, so yeah, Purdue is going to drop and as a Purdue fan, you should own it like the rest of us have to when our teams lose.

What's Purdue's best win in 2024?

Purdue has half as many losses as Tennessee against the #1 schedule, and much better wins. It's hard to justify ranking Purdue below them just because they finally slipped up.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think they should. But poll voters are dumb. I don’t get to respond to dumb poll voters but I get to respond to posters who emulate dumb pollsters.

Reactions: TheCainer
Purdue has half as many losses as Tennessee against the #1 schedule, and much better wins. It's hard to justify ranking Purdue below them just because they finally slipped up.
That’s not how rankings work, haven't worked that way ever.

Wins in November mean nothing in February when teams are winning and losing conference games.

The Purdue team that beat UT in November, is not the same team that just lost to a coachless Ohio State team.

So by your logic, Purdue should always be ranked ahead of every team they beat in November, no matter how many bad games they lose?

UK beat uNC, but UK plays in a much tougher conference and took on some losses, uNC lost at Syracuse, but look who's ranked higher and in line for a top 3 seed and look who is eyeing a 6 seed.

Fair or not, the polls are based on how you did in your last games. If you lose at UConn and at Houston, you're going to drop (unless you're duke) behind a couple of teams that probably beat 2 trashy teams at home. Is what it is, you lose, you drop. November doesn’t matter in February.

• Love
Reactions: ABVolsFan92
I think they should. But poll voters are dumb. I don’t get to respond to dumb poll voters but I get to respond to posters who emulate dumb pollsters.
If Purdue lost a tough road game at UConn, I would expect Purdue would not move, but y'all lost at Ohio State and Tennessee has been on a tear.

Teams get better throughout the season and while Purdue will get credit for their Q1 wins in November during seeding time, the weekly polls are based on what you are doing right now.

If UT is on an 8 game winning streak and Purdue loses to 3 NIT teams, how can you justify Purdue staying ahead of UT just because they beat UT in November?

If UT and Purdue were to play right now, the results would be different, Purdue might still win, but UT is much better right now.

You have to admit, the 2 Northwestern games, the Nebraska game and now this OSU game, are quite disturbing. Purdue hasn’t had any impressive wins since conference play started in reality, the B10 is very weak and if y'all could lose to Northwestern and a coachless OSU, you could lose to a lot of teams.

When you lose to a bad team like OSU, you have to drop and it doesn’t matter what you did in November.

There are a lot of frauds in the top 25 right now. Who has duke beaten, why are they a 3 seed and in the top 10? Why the hell is Wisconsin still in the top 16 seeds? Who has Marquette actually beaten? UK beat uNC, why is uNC ranked so much higher (they should be, but this is a comparison to you saying purdue should stay ahead of UT).

Is what it is, just win in the tournament, Purdue is still a 1 seed, so it doesn’t matter.

If Purdue lost a tough road game at UConn, I would expect Purdue would not move, but y'all lost at Ohio State and Tennessee has been on a tear.

Teams get better throughout the season and while Purdue will get credit for their Q1 wins in November during seeding time, the weekly polls are based on what you are doing right now.

If UT is on an 8 game winning streak and Purdue loses to 3 NIT teams, how can you justify Purdue staying ahead of UT just because they beat UT in November?

If UT and Purdue were to play right now, the results would be different, Purdue might still win, but UT is much better right now.

You have to admit, the 2 Northwestern games, the Nebraska game and now this OSU game, are quite disturbing. Purdue hasn’t had any impressive wins since conference play started in reality, the B10 is very weak and if y'all could lose to Northwestern and a coachless OSU, you could lose to a lot of teams.

When you lose to a bad team like OSU, you have to drop and it doesn’t matter what you did in November.

There are a lot of frauds in the top 25 right now. Who has duke beaten, why are they a 3 seed and in the top 10? Why the hell is Wisconsin still in the top 16 seeds? Who has Marquette actually beaten? UK beat uNC, why is uNC ranked so much higher (they should be, but this is a comparison to you saying purdue should stay ahead of UT).

Is what it is, just win in the tournament, Purdue is still a 1 seed, so it doesn’t matter.
"Tennessee is on a tear".

Checks facts....

Last week, Tennessee lost to a 15-10 Texas A&M team that's lost 4 quad three games.

Do you really not realize how dumb you look when you post shit with obvious SEC bias and completely devoid of fact?

FYI - All three of Purdue's losses are Quad 1. The only other Power 6 teams who can say that are UConn and Houston.

That’s not how rankings work, haven't worked that way ever.

Rankings work however the voters want them to work. And besides, that is kinda how the rankings generally work. Teams that lose for the first time in a month and a half don't usually fall far. And voters do tend to consider things like a team having twice as many losses as the other AND a head to head loss.

Wins in November mean nothing in February when teams are winning and losing conference games.

The Purdue team that beat UT in November, is not the same team that just lost to a coachless Ohio State team.

So by your logic, Purdue should always be ranked ahead of every team they beat in November, no matter how many bad games they lose?

That's the OP's logic. Not mine.

Are you saying that Purdue is a worse team than they were in November?

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
"Tennessee is on a tear".

Checks facts....

Last week, Tennessee lost to a 15-10 Texas A&M team that's lost 4 quad three games.

Do you really not realize how dumb you look when you post shit with obvious SEC bias and completely devoid of fact?

FYI - All three of Purdue's losses are Quad 1. The only other Power 6 teams who can say that are UConn and Houston.
ATM is a tournament team, Purdue lost to a coachless OSU team that isn't even going to the NIT.
There was no SEC bias, we were comparing UT and Purdue, because you have an issue with Purdue dropping below UT, UT just happens to be in the SEC, if we were talking about Iowa State, I guess you would accuse me of being a BIG12 homer.
Do you really think a UK fan wants to argue in favor of UT??? Really???

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Rankings work however the voters want them to work. And besides, that is kinda how the rankings generally work. Teams that lose for the first time in a month and a half don't usually fall far. And voters do tend to consider things like a team having twice as many losses as the other AND a head to head loss.

Right, but when you struggle at home with Northwestern, don't really beat anyone good, then lose to, what might be, the worst team in a bad league, you should drop and what you did in November doesn’t matter.

That's the OP's logic. Not mine.

Are you saying that Purdue is a worse team than they were in November?
Never said Purdue regressed, but it’s not far fetched to believe that other teams, like Tennessee, have improved more than Purdue has. When you are a team that focuses on one star player, that is to be expected.

But still, getting upset because your team dropped below a team you beat months ago, is weak. Especially whenyour team just lost to an AWFUL OSU team. Don't get mad at the voters, or fans on a message board, be mad at your team for shitting their pants.

The other thing is, in the big picture, Purdue is still a 1 seed lock, UT won't get a 1 and that’s what really matters.

• Haha
Right, but when you struggle at home with Northwestern, don't really beat anyone good, then lose to, what might be, the worst team in a bad league, you should drop and what you did in November doesn’t matter.

Never said Purdue regressed, but it’s not far fetched to believe that other teams, like Tennessee, have improved more than Purdue has. When you are a team that focuses on one star player, that is to be expected.

But still, getting upset because your team dropped below a team you beat months ago, is weak. Especially whenyour team just lost to an AWFUL OSU team. Don't get mad at the voters, or fans on a message board, be mad at your team for shitting their pants.

The other thing is, in the big picture, Purdue is still a 1 seed lock, UT won't get a 1 and that’s what really matters.
01c9b3f2686433acfc544ff81f8fb2c7.jpg

Good job brother Jeff! Keep them Yankees heads down with suppressing fire and I'll grab ABvols and pull him out of the line of fire. Then we can fall back and regroup.

SEC Motto: Leave no one behind.

You're saying you're not biased toward the SEC, but you're showing it right here. Penalizing a team for not thrashing a team that's projected to be a 9 seed, while giving Tenn a free pass for losing to a projected 9 seed.

Purdue should drop a spot or two, but definitely not far, when the teams below them have been losing consistently and have twice as many losses and fewer good wins.

Say that you have a team from a solid league sitting at 23-1, and they drop a road game vs a mediocre team. You think that team should plummet down the rankings?

Like I said, when you lose for the first time in like 6 weeks, with the #1 SOS, you're usually not going to fall far. Unless a bunch of teams below you did something really impressive. Which they didn't.

You're saying you're not biased toward the SEC, but you're showing it right here. Penalizing a team for not thrashing a team that's projected to be a 9 seed, while giving Tenn a free pass for losing to a projected 9 seed.
Ding! Ding! Ding! So obvious this dude only watches SEC basketball. His takes are comedically biased.

Ding! Ding! Ding! So obvious this dude only watches SEC basketball. His takes are comedically biased.
Maybe AB didn't establish that UT should jump Purdue, but we did establish that Orange> Blue, so we'll call it a draw.

Duke has a 7-3 Win/Loss record in Quad 1 and Quad 2 games while UK is 5-6 in Quad 1 and Quad 2 games.

UNC is 11-5 in Quad 1 and Quad 2 games.

I don't see what the justification would be for having Kentucky as anything higher than a 5 Seed.

I think you're too focused on those elite high Quad 1A wins when the committee will only use those as tiebreakers when the overall profile is close.

NET Ratings: UNC - #9, Duke - #17, UK - #22
KenPom: UNC - #10, Duke - #11, UK - #21
Torvik: UNC - #12, Duke - #17, UK - #20
EvanMiya: Duke: #9, UNC - #10, UK - #18

Purdue is 15-3 in Q1/Q2 while UT is 9-6. Their resumes aren't even comparable.

But still, getting upset because your team dropped below a team you beat months ago, is weak. Especially when your team just lost to an AWFUL OSU team. Don't get mad at the voters, or fans on a message board, be mad at your team for shitting their pants.
Ohio St isn't "AWFUL" though they're #64 in the NET rankings. Northwestern isn't mediocre either.

Ohio St isn't "AWFUL" though they're #64 in the NET rankings. Northwestern isn't mediocre either.
Ohio State play seven 4 star recruits with 5 of them being top 60 recruits according to 247 Sports. They have talent but it didn't gel under Holtmann for some reason.

And even with that, they still have two top 5 net wins (Purdue and Alabama by 11) and only have one loss outside of quad 2. Dude says awful because he's got an opinion of the B1G and he still claims he's not biased.

Do we even need to discuss the KenPom conference ranks?

ConferenceRatingConference
1Big 12 Conference+17.34
2Big East Conference+15.13
3Big Ten Conference+14.65
4Southeastern Conference+14.48

Duke has a 7-3 Win/Loss record in Quad 1 and Quad 2 games while UK is 5-6 in Quad 1 and Quad 2 games.

I don't see what the justification would be for having Kentucky as anything higher than a 5 Seed.

I think you're too focused on those elite high Quad 1A wins when the committee will only use those as tiebreakers when the overall profile is close.

senta-2.jpg

Y'all are just wasting ammo. We have already fallen back 5 clicks south of the Ohio river.

Dang I was actually pretty close with my top 10, obviously purdue did not drop to 5 and Duke actually rose above UNC

Purdue should drop a spot or two, but definitely not far, when the teams below them have been losing consistently and have twice as many losses and fewer good wins.

Say that you have a team from a solid league sitting at 23-1, and they drop a road game vs a mediocre team. You think that team should plummet down the rankings?

Like I said, when you lose for the first time in like 6 weeks, with the #1 SOS, you're usually not going to fall far. Unless a bunch of teams below you did something really impressive. Which they didn't.
If we were talking about the selection committee dropping Purdue below UT, I would he right there with you guys, but we're talking about the weekly AP poll.

Duke lost at home to Pitt when they were 14th in the poll, the next week, they beat two stiffs and shot up to 9th. That’s what we're dealing with. I'm just going off what I have seen from the voters. Is what it is man.

If we were talking about the selection committee dropping Purdue below UT, I would he right there with you guys, but we're talking about the weekly AP poll.

Duke lost at home to Pitt when they were 14th in the poll, the next week, they beat two stiffs and shot up to 9th. That’s what we're dealing with. I'm just going off what I have seen from the voters. Is what it is man.

The poll was just released and Purdue is #3.

They just fired their coach because they're awful.

They are 15-11 with zero good wins since beating Alabama in November. They lost to Michigan and Penn state, they are pretty damn awful.

How much do you really want to rely on the NET? Coaches have figured out how to fool the net. Wisconsin and Alabama have really exposed the NET this year. Just schedule hard games, you don't even have to win them, just schedule them. Voila, you're a top 10 team with 8 losses.

Still hiding behind quad language huh? Is playing @ NC state the same as playing @ Auburn, or Houston, or Tennessee? Duke lost at Arkansas and G-tech, lost at home to Pitt. Your quad 1 games are a bunch of mids like Clemson, Fla st, WF, VT and Michigan state. You have zero impressive wins. All Qiad 1 games are not created equal, but nice try. C for effort.

Besides uNC, who else has duke beaten that would impress anyone? UK has won @ Auburn, @ Florida and beat uNC on a neutral court. Does duke have any wins close to those?

But it’s not about UK, their losses have them where they are, to me, duke has done nothing spectacular, but go ahead and keep hiding behind quad 1 language. Do you seriously think they're the 8th best team in the country?

One more thing, you're quoting KP, NET and Torvik rankings, which is pretty stupid when the argument is about AP poll voting that changes based on what teams do each week.

Again, you guys are going off about overall resume's and arguing with me because I simply supported a THOUGHT that PERHAPS Purdue COULD fall hehind UT.

My God, can you guys be any more ridiculous? You act.like I stole your pet monkey or something.

All I did was agree that it was possible we would see the pollsters drop purdue below UT.

So we have you and Bignish in here quoting full on resume's to debunk what I'm saying when we're talking about a voted on poll that changes based on what each team does each week.

Newsflash, the AP and coaches polls have nothing to do with what happened in November, December and January.

Then, we have the biggest homer on the board calling me a Homer, because I explained how UT COULD jump Purdue… COULD, not would… COULD. Me… a UK fan… .is a homer… because I agreed with a UT fan. Yes, you read that correctly. The stupidity walks among us daily folks.

I don't know if voters take injuries into account. I suspect some do and some don't but Duke was missing 2 of their 5 best players when they lost to Pitt at home in Jeremy Roach and Mark Mitchell.

Besides that loss and @ UNC, Duke hasn't lost since December while other teams are losing left and right.

How would you not have them ranked top 10?

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT