ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs. UK

Good game as always Tar Heels. Hate that it ended like that but I’ll take it. I was a nervous wreck.

Really glad to see that our freshman (especially Dillingham) isn’t scared in big games. Really impressed with those guys. Now, if we can just get Edwards to breakout I think we could be pretty good. Go Cats!

Good game as always Tar Heels. Hate that it ended like that but I’ll take it. I was a nervous wreck.

Really glad to see that our freshman (especially Dillingham) isn’t scared in big games. Really impressed with those guys. Now, if we can just get Edwards to breakout I think we could be pretty good. Go Cats!
Get Edwards to even play average and get Z cleared to have more depth/fouls to play with.

410887508-766040585565360-244432154441999834-n.jpg

Another game with excellent late game execution and absurd defensive switching to give the other team every mismatch they want. Coaching mismatch and a huge discrepancy in athleticism.

Big time clutch plays from UK. Good game, UK fans. Please win moving forward. I think UNC will need all the help they can get.

Another game with excellent late game execution and absurd defensive switching to give the other team every mismatch they want. Coaching mismatch and a huge discrepancy in athleticism.

Big time clutch plays from UK. Good game, UK fans. Please win moving forward. I think UNC will need all the help they can get.
I started to yell at my TV to stop switching everything. I understand with some players you may want to, but it felt like they did it way too much and with way too too many players.

I started to yell at my TV to stop switching everything. I understand with some players you may want to, but it felt like they did it way too much and with way too too many players.

They do it every game. It hurts them against good teams, but they just keep doing it. It seems to be the only real defense they can play, which is probably one reason they suck so bad defensively.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
They do it every game. It hurts them against good teams, but they just keep doing it. It seems to be the only real defense they can play, which is probably one reason they suck so bad defensively.
Roy didn’t like switching so much but he did it every so often when he needed too. Honestly, I’m a firm believer in switching up the defense every so often, especially against young teams, to throw them off balance. Dean used to be a master of that.

Get Edwards to even play average and get Z cleared to have more depth/fouls to play with.
I had a guy in here call me a dumbass, because I said Edwards was way overrated. Haven't seen that dude in here since.

Edwards comes in the game and we immediately go backwards. He has no skill, is weak with the ball and can't shoot a lick. Brandon Boston 2.0.

I had a guy in here call me a dumbass, because I said Edwards was way overrated. Haven't seen that dude in here since.

Edwards comes in the game and we immediately go backwards. He has no skill, is weak with the ball and can't shoot a lick. Brandon Boston 2.0.

I think you're a little too harsh on Edwards. Yeah he hasn't looked like the #1 pick, but comparing him to a guy that shot 35% for a full season is rough. Edwards is shooting like 44% and that's with him playing nervous and missing a lot of layups. I don't see him doing that all year. I like Edwards. Now I'm glad Cal lowered his minutes today, but he plays hard when he's in the game and does some of the small stuff aka fights on the glass, gets deflections. He wasn't very good today but I still think he ends up playing a big part on this team.

Hopefully he figures it out at some point. He shows glimpses occasionally.

Roy didn’t like switching so much but he did it every so often when he needed too. Honestly, I’m a firm believer in switching up the defense every so often, especially against young teams, to throw them off balance. Dean used to be a master of that.

Yeah, Roy didn't like switching because he knows in college it is hard. It's more of an NBA way to play. We don't have NBA players though. Roy taught more hedging and recovering. It left them vulnerable to the three but the way UNC switches just creates mismatches all over the court that teams easily exploit for layups and dunks and easy drives.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I think you're a little too harsh on Edwards. Yeah he hasn't looked like the #1 pick, but comparing him to a guy that shot 35% for a full season is rough. Edwards is shooting like 44% and that's with him playing nervous and missing a lot of layups. I don't see him doing that all year. I like Edwards. Now I'm glad Cal lowered his minutes today, but he plays hard when he's in the game and does some of the small stuff aka fights on the glass, gets deflections. He wasn't very good today but I still think he ends up playing a big part on this team.
He's a net negative player. When he's in the game, UK goes backwards. It’s just fact.

Yeah, BJB shot worse than Edwards, but the effect is the same.

I hope he figures it out, but right now, he’s not good.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Such a fun game....

Looked like Cal was gonna play that out(at the end)?

Why do you not put the ball in DAvis' hands to start with?

Let 17 seconds elapse before fouling?
In the presser Mitchell said Cal asked them what they wanted to do (foul or play it out) and they decided to play it out. Luckily, it didn't come to that. 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: IUfanBorden
In the presser Mitchell said Cal asked them what they wanted to do (foul or play it out) and they decided to play it out. Luckily, it didn't come to that. 🤣
Ummmmm, ok? Odd. I guess.

Whats your take on this?

He's a net negative player. When he's in the game, UK goes backwards. It’s just fact.

Yeah, BJB shot worse than Edwards, but the effect is the same.

I hope he figures it out, but right now, he’s not good.

I mean plus minus doesn't tell the whole tale. Dj Wagner was -7 today and I thought he was the POTG for us. I agree Edwards can and should be better.

If you put Edwards on that UK team in place of BJ I'd say Edwards stats would be way higher. He isn't needed to score 15 a game on this team. He's needed to do other things, and I feel like he at least tries to do those things when he's in the game.

We'll see if he picks it up as the season goes on. If not, his minutes will dip like they did tonight. I'm glad that Cal didn't ride him to the end today and realized others were playing better.

Ummmmm, ok? Odd. I guess.

Whats your take on this?
I'm a proponent of fouling because so many things have to go right for them to tie/win, much more so than just making a 3. There is a good argument to be made from both sides of the aisle though, which is why it's basically a 50/50 split on what coaches do in that situation. I'm fine with it. I like that he put it on them. Gives them more confidence. Now, had Davis had a chance to get a good look at a tying shot I would have been pissed.

I mean plus minus doesn't tell the whole tale. Dj Wagner was -7 today and I thought he was the POTG for us. I agree Edwards can and should be better.

If you put Edwards on that UK team in place of BJ I'd say Edwards stats would be way higher. He isn't needed to score 15 a game on this team. He's needed to do other things, and I feel like he at least tries to do those things when he's in the game.

We'll see if he picks it up as the season goes on. If not, his minutes will dip like they did tonight. I'm glad that Cal didn't ride him to the end today and realized others were playing better.
He’s not needed to score 15 a game right now, but against the true contenders, this team needs him to be the guy he was hyped up to be.

He was supposed to be the prized recruit of this class, #1 pick and bigtime force at the 3 spot, he’s been a dud and if he didn’t have 5 stars next to his name, he'd be getting the same minutes as Burks.

I'm a proponent of fouling because so many things have to go right for them to tie/win, much more so than just making a 3. There is a good argument to be made from both sides of the aisle though, which is why it's basically a 50/50 split on what coaches do in that situation. I'm fine with it. I like that he put it on them. Gives them more confidence. Now, had Davis had a chance to get a good look at a tying shot I would have been pissed.
Agree.....Also fpound it odd Cal asked what they wanted to do...

Huh?

He’s not needed to score 15 a game right now, but against the true contenders, this team needs him to be the guy he was hyped up to be.

He was supposed to be the prized recruit of this class, #1 pick and bigtime force at the 3 spot, he’s been a dud and if he didn’t have 5 stars next to his name, he'd be getting the same minutes as Burks.
Just send IU one of your guards....JUst one. Dilly, Shep…...

Just one. With IU's frontcourt, a guard like one of the above, makes IU a Top 10-15, meh at worse Top 20.

Ugggggh.

Just send IU one of your guards....JUst one. Dilly, Shep…...

Just one. With IU's frontcourt, a guard like one of the above, makes IU a Top 10-15, meh at worse Top 20.

Ugggggh.
UK would have 4 losses if Dilly and Shep were not as good as they are.

Shep was a 4* in some rankings, he’s the best player on the team and it's not close.

I love this guard core. Some were down on Wagner, but that dude is going to be phenomenal by March. He gets better every game.

Dillingham is electric. He needs to mature a little, but developing guards is what Cal is best at. He'll get the bugs worked out soon.

But yeah, IU needs a couple guards. They had that game today. Let go of the rope.

Herbert Davis is absolutely horrible. Really sucks for Carolina that he had that magical run.

Best OOC rivalry in college basketball.

Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT