ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs. UK

I have standards.
giphy.gif

I rewatch most games. don't think I'll rewatch this one. It'll be like watching a remake of a classic film

Every game with UNC is just like this one. Instant classic.
I'm currently listening to the replay of the KSR post-game show on iHeart waiting on some buddies to show up to join the party. Also watching Tennessee NC State. **** the Vols!!!

I'm currently listening to the replay of the KSR post-game show on iHeart waiting on some buddies to show up to join the party. Also watching Tennessee NC State. **** the Vols!!!
That sounds fun. Something to listen to when watching UFC on mute.

Reactions: CB3UK
Question for UNC fans. Why did y'all not play through Bacot on offense more?

I didn't see it that way.
The game was up and down, so there wasn’t as many halfcourt sets, but when they did run half court offense, UK threw 2 different 7 footers at him.
UK also killed them on the boards, which falls in line with the length thing.
UK also has much taller guards than uNC has, so they took away a lot of their potential post feeds.

The game was up and down, so there wasn’t as many halfcourt sets, but when they did run half court offense, UK threw 2 different 7 footers at him.
UK also has much taller guards than uNC has, so they took away a lot of their potential post feeds.
I was impressed with Bradshaw. I didn't think his defense would be this far along. Granted most times he can just wall up and stand there. His length does the rest.

Still reaches like most freshmen in Dec.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
He looked open a lot.

I agree as long as Cal isn’t coaching them. Cal needs a superior talented team to beat anyone.
Any one besides UL!
Exactly! We didn’t have to double team him because our length bothered him.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I was impressed with Bradshaw. I didn't think his defense would be this far along. Granted most times he can just wall up and stand there. His length does the rest.

Still reaches like most freshmen in Dec.
I didn’t think he could play this many minutes after sitting out with that foot injury for 6 months. He couldn’t do much of any cardio on a bad foot. Impressive for sure.

By March, he’s going to be an incredible player.

He looked open a lot.
Couldn't get the ball to him.

I give Cal a lot of crap, but there are certain things he's elite at and that’s one of them.

If you're going to beat UK, you have to do it via a different way than what you typically win with in most cases.

This season, you have to hit a lot of timely threes to beat UK now that Bradshaw and Ugo are playing.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Agree 100%. UNC teams of the past outrebounded their opponents by alot. To get killed by double digits isn't going to cut it going forward. Our guards are short but they provide us the best chance to win. Trimble off the bench plays great defense but his offense isn't good, Withers plays like he's scared and is a turnover waiting to happen. UK looked good and Dillingham had a good game but Shepard plays a more steady/consistent game. If Cal was smart he'll find a way to get Shepard more minutes, he won't lose the game but IMO Dillingham will because of his shot selection and the TO's.

Question for UNC fans. Why did y'all not play through Bacot on offense more?

Bacot is really bothered by tall, athletic bigs. He is such a below the rim player he struggles with guys like that and then gets frustrated and starts doing silly things. But Jalen can't rebound so the alternative kind of sucks. The length and athleticism between these two teams was just massive though. Add to that the clear coaching difference and basic basketball common sense difference and UNC was lucky to be as close as they were tbh.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Agree 100%. UNC teams of the past outrebounded their opponents by alot. To get killed by double digits isn't going to cut it going forward. Our guards are short but they provide us the best chance to win. Trimble off the bench plays great defense but his offense isn't good, Withers plays like he's scared and is a turnover waiting to happen. UK looked good and Dillingham had a good game but Shepard plays a more steady/consistent game. If Cal was smart he'll find a way to get Shepard more minutes, he won't lose the game but IMO Dillingham will because of his shot selection and the TO's.
You know, I didn't watch the game live, had to settle for watching the espn score ticker, but when I watched the replay, holy cow, y'all are much better than I thought. You run excellent action on offense that is extremely hard to defend.
I definitely don't want to see you guys in the tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: AWilli6995
Bacot is really bothered by tall, athletic bigs. He is such a below the rim player he struggles with guys like that and then gets frustrated and starts doing silly things. But Jalen can't rebound so the alternative kind of sucks. The length and athleticism between these two teams was just massive though. Add to that the clear coaching difference and basic basketball common sense difference and UNC was lucky to be as close as they were tbh.
Oscar was that way too. He struggled against length in the post.
If you can defend Bacot with a single defender, you have a chance. Most teams can't do that though.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Ended up watching most of the game last night. I wish they could play 5 times a year. Nothing but banger games regardless of who wins.

Dudes a tool. Had all the respect in the world for him until he was made into a punk bitch by what’s his name.😂

Reactions: cdbearde
It's kind of a running joke with Hansbrough and UK fans. I thought the UK fans here would know that tbh. He is one awkward dude though.

The Wall story is funny though since everyone knew Wall was just making it up, lol. It's not like the Wall recruitment was some big secret.

ADVERTISEMENT