ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs VA Tech

College basketball finally got back on track yesterday. There were a lot of good games. Kansas got back on track with a huge win at a raucious crowd in Nebraska. I think it is fair to say, the Preston issue is behind them and may not have another loss till 2nd round o f the NCAA tournament
Purdue was having no part of upset minded Butler, they dismantled this team quick and are on their way to a top 10 spot
Louisville goes on the road for only the 2nd time this season, to Memphis, to face a old nemesis, Tubby Smith. The Cardinals could never get any space from the fighting Tigers, but come out with a road win and from a very respectable Memphis team. I think we all agree, you will see these teams making an impact in March Can we all agree now, David Padgett has solidified himself as the next Louisville coach with wins over P5 school, IU, and Memphis?

Look, regardless of whether Va Tech fi ishes 3rd or 8th, UK got a solid win over a tournament team whose RPI will end up being high because they play in the best conference(by far) in the nation Rhavic.

So really no need to come in and champion their fight for a top 4 seed in the ACC tournament because it will end up a solid win regardless(so long as they dont completely collapse).

Without a doubt. It is definitely a good win.

Reactions: GE Nole
Guess you just have to remember who FSU's coach is. Don't we see this every year from the Noles? They are hot in November/ December than fall off the grid the rest of the year?
So what, they got a W at Florida, but you might want to pump the brakes, Florida isn't as consistently good as we thought they were, still a good win, but the Noles just lost to an unranked OK State team, which proves my point, FSU will just never be consistently good under Hamilton.
Any team that can shoot like Va Tech will have a shot at beating everybody they play.
But I also disagree with Louisville and Notre Dame being better than VT. Like you, I thought ND was something special when they beat Wichita State in November, but it turns out they really aren't very good at all.
I would put VT in a tossup group with UNC and UVA for 3rd in the ACC, but the best part of this is we will get to see it play out.

Actually, no, FSU doesn't start off hot every year and then fall off a grid. FSU finished second in the ACC last season.

FSU finished top 4 in the ACC every season from 2009-2012. The last time FSU had fewer than 8 conference wins was 2008--and that was 7-9. In fact, over the last 10-12 years, FSU has the third most conference wins--behind Duke and UNC. So I'm not sure where there hell you're getting your "facts" about FSU/Hamilton from, but you might want to look again.

VT has 5 seasons with fewer than 8 acc wins since 2008, including a 2-16 campaign in 2015 under Buzz Williams.

Actually, no, FSU doesn't start off hot every year and then fall off a grid. FSU finished second in the ACC last season.

FSU finished top 4 in the ACC every season from 2009-2012. The last time FSU had fewer than 8 conference wins was 2008--and that was 7-9. In fact, over the last 10-12 years, FSU has the third most conference wins--behind Duke and UNC. So I'm not sure where there hell you're getting your "facts" about FSU/Hamilton from, but you might want to look again.

VT has 5 seasons with fewer than 8 acc wins since 2008, including a 2-16 campaign in 2015 under Buzz Williams.
What has FSU accomplished in the NCAAT?

I know there is a lot of shots being thrown around on here but I’ll give an honest assessment.

Virginia tech has a sweet 16 type team if they are hitting their shots. I am very pleased with the growth that our young cats are showing. We adjusted in the second half and sured up our Defense. Virginia tech didn’t have the size to challenge us so obviously I’d like to see how we can handle a team with good size.

With that being said I don’t see us being tested again until the A&M game. UCLA is sorry and Louisville isn’t much better although rivalry games can be dicey. Still expect to win both of those games by double digits.

Look, regardless of whether Va Tech fi ishes 3rd or 8th, UK got a solid win over a tournament team whose RPI will end up being high because they play in the best conference(by far) in the nation Rhavic.

So really no need to come in and champion their fight for a top 4 seed in the ACC tournament because it will end up a solid win regardless(so long as they dont completely collapse).

Exactly. VT is a very solid team and will be a good win. They will defeat plenty of big dogs at Cassel Coloseum.

What has FSU accomplished in the NCAAT?

When?

And I'm not sure what your point is. You stated that Hamilton could never have consistently good teams and that FSU always starts hot and then fizzles. None of that is remotely true. In fact, 9-0 this year was our best start in something like 13 years.

And as for your "they suck because they lost to an unranked team" logic, so who is any good then? Duke lost to an unranked team. Wichita State lost at home to an unranked team. Are those teams no good?

When?

And I'm not sure what your point is. You stated that Hamilton could never have consistently good teams and that FSU always starts hot and then fizzles. None of that is remotely true. In fact, 9-0 this year was our best start in something like 13 years.

And as for your "they suck because they lost to an unranked team" logic, so who is any good then? Duke lost to an unranked team. Wichita State lost at home to an unranked team. Are those teams no good?
LOL, you quoted me saying ""they suck because they lost to an unranked team"", when did I say they suck?
You do realize that when you use quotation marks you are quoting something that was said right?
I do believe FSU is a good team, they always seem to have talent, but they are one of those teams that I just never feel you can trust to get it done consistently. But that UF win isn't looking so good right now.

LOL, you quoted me saying ""they suck because they lost to an unranked team"", when did I say they suck?
You do realize that when you use quotation marks you are quoting something that was said right?
I do believe FSU is a good team, they always seem to have talent, but they are one of those teams that I just never feel you can trust to get it done consistently. But that UF win isn't looking so good right now.

I wasn't directly quoting you. I was assigning a a type of logic to your statement about FSU losing to an unranked team yesterday and separating that type assignment from the rest of my sentence by using quotation marks. It would be like saying someone has a very "what have you done for me lately" attitude. The quotation marks are used to distinguish the attitude type from the rest of the statement.

FSU typically has good, not great talent. We are rarely, if ever, a top 4 talented team in the ACC (using the composite rankings). Duke, UNC, Louisville, and Cuse pretty much always have more talent on paper and sometimes Miami, UVA, and NCSU too.

But Hamilton gets his guys to play hard and buy-in to an unselfish, depth driven system and we typically overachieve compared to the preseason conference projections. We are about as consistent in that 4-9 range as it gets in the ACC, with occasional visits into the top 2-3.

This year I imagine we will finish around 9-9/10-8, which should put us somewhere around 7th. Which would be overachieving yet again.

UF could lose every game for the rest of the year, for all I care. I'll never be unhappy with a drubbing on their own court.

Reactions: kyjeff1

Oh, no doubt about that, but to me, this wasn't a debate of "how high of a quality is this win in relation to UK"

It is purely a debate that I think VT is a very dangerous team that will make a lot of noise in conference play.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
not reading that newspaper you just wrote
my truth stands
Nope. Your "truth" is a product of your feelings getting hurt when I speak the truth. You, along with others love my post when I say something good about UK; Which BTW, is quite often. But when I call you out on your hypocrisy, suddenly I'm a hater. It's comical. You can take the compliments. What you cannot take is the criticism. That's a sign of being weak minded.

You guys live on whatever Cal says. And when you do disagree with him, it's fine. But when someone else does it, you lose your god damn minds. You have no issues pointing out other teams flaws. But when someone does this with UK? Yep----you lose your god damn minds.

Even funnier is when dome of you complain you're tired of hearing the "we are young" shit from Cal, again, it's fine. But when others speak of this? Yep----you lose your god damn minds. In other words, most of you cannot handle criticism. To you it's always hate or jealousy. It just amazes me how insecure some of you are. Here you are, a fan of CBB's most prestigious program. Yet you are extremely sensitive.

I couldn't care less what you feel. I know where I stand. I've never been shy admitting I like UK. Nor have ever tried to hide the fact it brings me joy to get under your skin. It's so easy. I hate it when UK loses b/c of the respect and like I have for UKbasketball. That and how it upsets my wife. But on the other hand, it does bring a since of joy b/c I know most of you on here will be on the veerge of a god damn mental breakdown. And that makes you an even easier target.

There's is nothing better than reading your post when UK loses. Especially those of MOX. It's pure gold. The officials. It's always the officials. Or the other team played pit of their minds. But when you win, thats NEVER the case. UK's neverbenfited from the officiating. Never benefited from "playing out of their minds". That's the hypocrisy. And it's funny.

Believe what you want brother. I couldn't give two-****s. But you know that ev erything I just type is the truth. And that my friend is what kills you.

Have a good day.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Nope. Your "truth" is a product of your feelings getting hurt when I speak the truth. You, along with others love my post when I say something good about UK; Which BTW, is quite often. But when I call you out on your hypocrisy, suddenly I'm a hater. It's comical. You can take the compliments. What you cannot take is the criticism. That's a sign of being weak minded.

You guys live on whatever Cal says. And when you do disagree with him, it's fine. But when someone else does it, you lose your god damn minds. You have no issues pointing out other teams flaws. But when someone does this with UK? Yep----you lose your god damn minds.

Even funnier is when dome of you complain you're tired of hearing the "we are young" shit from Cal, again, it's fine. But when others speak of this? Yep----you lose your god damn minds. In other words, most of you cannot handle criticism. To you it's always hate or jealousy. It just amazes me how insecure some of you are. Here you are, a fan of CBB's most prestigious program. Yet you are extremely sensitive.

I couldn't care less what you feel. I know where I stand. I've never been shy admitting I like UK. Nor have ever tried to hide the fact it brings me joy to get under your skin. It's so easy. I hate it when UK loses b/c of the respect and like I have for UKbasketball. That and how it upsets my wife. But on the other hand, it does bring a since of joy b/c I know most of you on here will be on the veerge of a god damn mental breakdown. And that makes you an even easier target.

There's is nothing better than reading your post when UK loses. Especially those of MOX. It's pure gold. The officials. It's always the officials. Or the other team played pit of their minds. But when you win, thats NEVER the case. UK's neverbenfited from the officiating. Never benefited from "playing out of their minds". That's the hypocrisy. And it's funny.

Believe what you want brother. I couldn't give two-****s. But you know that ev erything I just type is the truth. And that my friend is what kills you.

Have a good day.

Borden up in here writing screenplays.

Truth is, every year we are young, can't argue with facts. To use it as an excuse is old, and I wish Cal would just stop saying it, because he decides to be young every year. We all know it already.
Exactly. It isa fact that UK is young every year. No one is arguing that. That is why I never judge a UK team until well into conference play. But what gets old, and comes off as an "excuse", is how Cal always reference's this.. Look, we know UK is young. We know this is the youngest team in CBB, and the youngest Cal has ever had. So there's no reason to constantly remind us and the media. It comes off as being insecure.Comes off as , well, an excuse. We all know UK will bemuch better come Feb and March. They always are.

Borden up in here writing screenplays.
Naaaah. Just get sick of the hater and jealousy shit. It's elementary. You guys on here have no problem handing out criticism of other teams. But when someone does so with UK, you guys ALWAYS revert to the jealousy/hater shit. I mean grow some balls. Learn how to accept it. If not, stay over on RR.

Naaaah. Just get sick of the hater and jealousy shit. It's elementary. You guys on here have no problem handing out criticism of other teams. But when someone does so with UK, you guys ALWAYS revert to the jealousy/hater shit. I mean grow some balls. Learn how to accept it. If not, stay over on RR.
Dang, Borden all up in his feelings. Not used to you showing out

I know there is a lot of shots being thrown around on here but I’ll give an honest assessment.

Virginia tech has a sweet 16 type team if they are hitting their shots. I am very pleased with the growth that our young cats are showing. We adjusted in the second half and sured up our Defense. Virginia tech didn’t have the size to challenge us so obviously I’d like to see how we can handle a team with good size.

With that being said I don’t see us being tested again until the A&M game. UCLA is sorry and Louisville isn’t much better although rivalry games can be dicey. Still expect to win both of those games by double digits.
There aren’t too many high major teams that Kentucky is going to manhandle. How in the f*** can anyone watch Kentucky and say that neither Louisville or UCLA will give them a game? Good lawd you’re dumb.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk

when the shoe fits, and you wear both of those shoes

just own the fact/truth that you are a jealous hater
quit trying to hide it
own it and we are all cool with it

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
There aren’t too many high major teams that Kentucky is going to manhandle. How in the f*** can anyone watch Kentucky and say that neither Louisville or UCLA will give them a game? Good lawd you’re dumb.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, UK doesn’t look very impressive to me this year. They’re good no doubt, but not top 10 imo.

when the shoe fits, and you wear both of those shoes

just own the fact/truth that you are a jealous hater
quit trying to hide it
own it and we are all cool with it
Meh, no reason to further this. Believe what ya want, brother. I really do not care. In parting I would suggest you ask your wife politely if you could have your balls back. You're waaaaay to soft and sensitive for this board.

Meh, no reason to further this. Believe what ya want, brother. I really do not care. In parting I would suggest you ask your wife politely if you could have your balls back. You're waaaaay to soft and sensitive for this board.

i guess when you can't admit the truth that is all you have left

Because you guys aren’t very good. Sorry to have to be the one to break it to you

i guess when you can't admit the truth that is all you have left
Well, I guess when you cannot accept the truth, all you have left is to grasp. That's exactly what you are doing. Like I said, couldn't care less what you think. Your opinion on the matter is meaningless. SOme of you just need to start checking your purses. Pretty sure you'll find your balls. Sensitive, bro. You can't handle it when someone speaks negative of UK. Becasue in your mind, BBN does no wrong. You guys do the same as other fan bases. Yet you always try to justify it; instead of just owning up to it. Weak minded, my man. Very weak minded. Oh, and insecure.,

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Well, I guess when you cannot accept the truth, all you have left is to grasp. That's exactly what you are doing. Like I said, couldn't care less what you think. Your opinion on the matter is meaningless. SOme of you just need to start checking your purses. Pretty sure you'll find your balls. Sensitive, bro. You can't handle it when someone speaks negative of UK. Becasue in your mind, BBN does no wrong. You guys do the same as other fan bases. Yet you always try to justify it; instead of just owning up to it. Weak minded, my man. Very weak minded. Oh, and insecure.,

everyone on this board can see your jealousy and hatred towards UK
quit trying to deny it
just man-up admit it and all is good
there is no shame in admitting how you feel about any program
there is shame in lying about it

quit trying to deny it
Couldn’t he be a Kentucky fan if he wanted? Lol

Both could give UK a game. But I won't be surprised if neither does.

quit trying to deny it
If by everyone you mean soft ass, purse carrying UK fans---then you would be right. Like I said, some of you---ESPECIALLY you, cannot handle it when someone says something negative about UK. You always go to your, "haters/jealousy" card. Comical.

I've rooted for UK since 1984, brother. Yep I take shots at Knetucky FANS---Not Kentucky basketball. There is a difference. But your sensitive purse carrying ass is to busy whining to see the difference.

Go ahead....Show me a post where I've dogged UK basketball. I bet you can find more post where I've praised them.

BTW, don't be pissed because an IU fan knows more about your history than you do.

Now run along. I'm sure if you ask your wife nicely, she'll let you have your balls back.

Couldn’t he be a Kentucky fan if he wanted? Lol
Never said I was a Kentucky FAN. I'm not. I just don't hate UK like some do. I root for them. There is a difference. UK basketball has been a part of life since I started watching CBB. Rooting for a team doesn't mean you are a fan.

If by everyone you mean soft ass, purse carrying UK fans---then you would be right. Like I said, some of you---ESPECIALLY you, cannot handle it when someone says something negative about UK. You always go to your, "haters/jealousy" card. Comical.

I've rooted for UK since 1984, brother. Yep I take shots at Knetucky FANS---Not Kentucky basketball. There is a difference. But your sensitive purse carrying ass is to busy whining to see the difference.

Go ahead....Show me a post where I've dogged UK basketball. I bet you can find more post where I've praised them.

BTW, don't be pissed because an IU fan knows more about your history than you do.

Now run along. I'm sure if you ask your wife nicely, she'll let you have your balls back.

yawn
your obsession with UK is truly amazing

Your obsession with me is worse. You remind of Jim Carey in the Cable Guy.:eek:

if by calling you out and speaking the truth about you trying to hide your feelings in the shadows is obsessed, then you truly have no idea what the word means

you being passive aggressive about UK is still being aggressive
keep trying to hide it in the shadows
you are fooling no one

ADVERTISEMENT